Ebony Puddings In Mount Zylome...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Ebony Puddings in Mount Zylome...
Ebony Puddings in Mount Zylome...
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-21 06:21:06  
Ok.. this is Really pissing me off, When i go to solo thease Monsters, i do it decently quick, (*average*)

But! This is whats pissing me off, THEY Depop! Right After "Gravity" Or Aero and im in the middel of an other spell

Example just now, I hit one w Grav, then Sleep II well trying to Replenish my mp *RDM/BLM atm 198 Dark magic 92 Int? Aspir gives me like 7 Mp.

anyway.. Does Anyone know what causes thease to Depop. its Agravateing

I called a GM last time thinking it was the Games machanics, but they said it was something with my gear...

well last i checked RDM AF cant be used by a blm *was on blm last time this happend*
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-21 06:23:59  
Was weather up? Sometimes (Dust storms in particular) can mess with enemy tracking and cause them to Deaggro as soon as you leave casting range.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-21 06:29:04  
Was no weather up, And i wasn't even more then 30 feet away "waiting for it to come in to my casting range" no Weather effects or anything, and was the day Before waters day *To tired to think of witch one it was lol*

I just tryed another one xD Resisted everything, Dam earth weather "this time"

/sigh idk I could list off all my gear and be like ( oh this has amorph killer hidden effect, they Depop because of it) >.>
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 06:32:21  
Maybe he just meant -enmity? I've had stuff depop on me as well when I don't want it to (and almost never when you DO want it too -_-). Main question is though, why are you starting the fight with grav > sleep /heal? I mean, all the puddings are right there in front of you, so why not rest, then do grav/sleep/whatever. I'm no rdm or blm, but it just obvious not to attack a mob before you have the MP to deal with it?

Also, where's Mount Zylome? :p
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-21 06:39:41  
xD no i casted Grav, then sleep when it was at 30% * wasnt shure if Grav stuck * but shortly after it Depoped, only - enimity i have is on my errent legs & feet but i mean the *** de poped not even seconds after i casted on it an i was 20~30 feet away =\

as for the area, its someplace you've never been, but want to go >:D
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-21 06:55:49  
They do it all the time. The trick is to not get too far away, and 'do something' to them regularly.

I normally:
* Get to 20'
* T4 nuke
* (stun as necessary) Grav
* Run a few more feet (so its @ 20' again) T4
* By this point they are about 5' away
* Run to about 15 and Aspir
* Run to about 18 and wait for T4 to be ready
* Run to 20 and start T4
* Run a few more feet (so its @ 20' again) T3

You want them to be ~5-8' away from you at the point you cast (so just outside melee range), much further and they will lose interest and de-pop. Which is the opposite to the normal solo ideal of keeping the mob miles away at all times.

The worst bit is as you run up the slight slope to the zone, as that messes with their distance calculations and they often de-pop at the bottom.

You want to almost tease them, being in the 15-22' range most of the time.

Without stun you only defence against T3 ga spells is to get out of range, but this will lead to them de-poping.

It may help to throw out 1-2 enfeebles while waiting for your nuke recast timers, just to keep them 'interested'

Edit: It isn't gear related, it is down to the kiting method. When I first hit 75 BLM I would be more than 20' away all the time and only getting closer to cast. Doing that 1/3 would de-pop (which was annoying), so I changed the order I cast spells and let them get closer to me, now maybe I get 1 de-pop in an hour or two.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 07:02:34  
I can almost guarantee I've been there even though I don't have blm or rdm to kill puddings with (killed one on blu using just magic, too much work to bother killing another :P). Considering the only puddings in all of Mount Z are in that one camp (plus a couple more in the tunnel to Navukgo), I'm gonna guess you were in Halvung? There are a couple spots, but the most likely place would either be in the small zone between the bottom of bird camp and back of Mount Z, or in the next zone along after zoning to Mount Z. Then again, you did actually say Mount Z, not Halvung, so that would make you a liar :o

That's really weird though, unless you like, found the only puddle in all of Mount Z and walked through it? <_<

I have had mobs give up on me before even after dealing them quite a lot of damage as well, totally makes no sense to me as it doesn't seem to stick with any of Kaeko's enmity testing (not that I've read anyway).

Edit: Judging by Argettio's post they're just lazy and like to give up, which is weird considering the fact that clots (which are also amorph) NEVER give up, not sure they even give up with deodorise, the ***.
 Hades.Arkhelshar
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Arkhelshar 2009-08-21 07:10:38  
I did nuke some solo last week, and never had this problem even if am outside of their casting range. (I try to avoid their first cast if deadly (SCH/RDM))

They are sight aggro (also JA so dont activate a strat near them or any JA), and do not track by scent. So if they stop seeing you, you can lose their aggro, I had this problem when I was to kiting around a building or someplace they cant see you.

Hope this help
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-21 07:14:01  
Groundskeepers in Sky will do exactly the same.

I solo the the Despot PHs and if you are 'to good' at getting away from them then they go yellow and disappear.

NMs don't de-pop in the same way so you can kite them for miles (normally, there are exceptions).

The problem is, I can never make a mob de-pop when I want/need to. When its all gone 'boobies up' and I am about to die they will chase me to the end of the earth.

Edit: RDM/SCH would be better for soloing there. You get everything /BLM would give you (maybe even 1 more INT) but with the added safety net of Reraise. As well as Dark arts improving your skill and saving you MP.
 Shiva.Kebro
サーバ: Shiva
user: kebro
By Shiva.Kebro 2009-08-21 07:17:08  
sometimes with gravity the terrain difference going up the hill will cause it to lose aggro
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 07:29:11  
lol, Despot PH's is exactly what I was thinking of too, I tried to solo them a few times on blu/thf ('cause that's what I like to go to sky as, I didn't go there as that specifically to kill them) and they'd just give up on me time and time again so I gave up. Also soloing them on blu/nin, I take them down the south end onto the grass, and sometimes they give up just on that last stretch as I go behind the bush, so being out of line of sight does actually make sense.

And yes, totally agree with you on your 'boobies up' comment too -_-
 Valefor.Bloodoath
サーバ: Valefor
user: bloodoath
By Valefor.Bloodoath 2009-08-21 08:01:28  
I think Argettio said it the best. From my experience I've found that you always have to keep yourself dangerously within harms way just to keep the puddings interested and not wanting to de-pop. When you master the distances though it becomes a delicate masterful dance and very much second nature.

I would suggest practicing your kiting on something less threatening like Wamouracampa's (who also have odd behaviors to learn and adjust your kiting methods to and can de-pop just as easily.) Nothing is worse than trying to figure out your kiting and getting hit with a Sleepga or strong -aga or IV spell. For example, the Wamouracampa's, while in a stretched out position, have a magic defense bonus and they can switch to a curled up position which increases their movement speed slightly but removes the defense bonus. From my experience I've found that a tier 3 nuke will be enough to get them out of the mdb position and from there you can grav and kite with tier 4's or AM2 to finish them off. While they don't have MP to Aspir, they also do not aggro (but they do link.) My usual routine was to pop a cookie before the last nuke that will finish them off and that usually saves you a couple seconds to help you chain with max mps available.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 08:09:38  
learn something new every day :o I always thought the wamouracampa stretched/curled position was just totally for looks. Also, I wonder why they have no MP when the ones in Bhaflau Remnants do? But then if I'm gonna ask that question, I should ask why the roc type birds in Mis have MP and no other birds (except Roc) of that family do. -_-
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-21 11:09:46  
That will happen on the worma also if no action is taken. Moving out of range only means no action can be taken as the pudding can not attack or cast on you, thus depopping. The more -enm you have the less time you have between actions to take place. I toss stun grav bind sleep and blind, as well as aspir between T4 or AMII's. And dont start with Grav, start with your most damage dealing spell on puddings, then stun if they are tryin to kill you with a spell, or grav if they just put up blaze spikes or what not. Most BLMs are sub RDM out there so make sure you have RR item with yeah. I eat cream puffs and make yag drinks out there to help keep the down time a short as possible. Chain 5 solo isn't that hard to reach.
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-21 11:14:19  
Bloodoath knows what hes talkin about with the worma mobs (idk how to spell and idc lol) I soloed those for over 40k exp before I started soloing puddings. Both mobs have odd movements and make pauses in the path to you. Te puddings camp is extra helpful in kiting with the odd terrain and the way the puddings react to it. Learn that and you'll not need that RR item I mentioned, unless you get ZZZ'd ><; hehe best of luck ^^
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-21 11:15:43  
I don't find the fact pudding becomes yellow an annoyance really :s It's not that hard to get used to that, just have drain ready in case, stun or anything else to reclaim quickly. And if you're midnuke, it should lend before the pudding depop. I actually maybe lost 2-3 puddings because of that. (while doing 3M+ exp on that very same camp).
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 12:30:24  
I still just wanna know where this camp is that Blackmist says I've never been to but want to go :o
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-21 13:17:58  
I see, so thats what causes them to do that =\
-- sorry if i came of as an amature at the solo bit, Ive been Solo'ing them on blm for a while, it would just Urk my chain when they would De pop at 20~30% (aboout 1 nuke >.>) and then i would lose my chain, and then the next one i grab would Be Uber resistant XD As if the De spawned mob would have some kinda Vendetta

as for mai Sub job Choice, it was mainly for a fast warp outa there, i had no idea if i could solo them yet, got one to 30% befor i ran outa mp, converted and then just after Restoring my Hp, after sleeping it, >.> It decided to depop

=P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-21 14:10:02  
Blazza said:
learn something new every day :o I always thought the wamouracampa stretched/curled position was just totally for looks. Also, I wonder why they have no MP when the ones in Bhaflau Remnants do? But then if I'm gonna ask that question, I should ask why the roc type birds in Mis have MP and no other birds (except Roc) of that family do. -_-

Curled up is also when they Cannonball if I remember right. Just thought I'd mention this, OP's question has been answered already.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-21 16:36:00  
Antipika said:
I don't find the fact pudding becomes yellow an annoyance really :s It's not that hard to get used to that, just have drain ready in case, stun or anything else to reclaim quickly. And if you're midnuke, it should lend before the pudding depop. I actually maybe lost 2-3 puddings because of that. (while doing 3M+ exp on that very same camp).

Now I am used to it and don't have any problems.

But it was annoying when they turn yellow a fraction of a second after you start a T4. As no matter what they will de-pop before your spell completes, or you can interupt it and cast something else.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-08-23 21:57:18  
I've honestly never had one depop on me... maybe it's cuz when i decide to go solo it's always ice day and i'll stay till the end of lightning... thus allowing me to brutally slaughter pudding in 3 nukes?
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-23 22:24:05  
Even w/o weather, any decent BLM takes down pudding in 3 nukes. Well geared BLM will just be able to use lower tier nuke, that's it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-24 04:31:07  
Antipika said:
Even w/o weather, any decent BLM takes down pudding in 3 nukes. Well geared BLM will just be able to use lower tier nuke, that's it.

True but how many well geared blms are usually up there lol. It's part of the reason even with people there I generally refuse to pt and keep soloing
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-24 04:35:29  
Blackmist said:
Ok.. this is Really pissing me off, When i go to solo thease Monsters, i do it decently quick, (*average*)

But! This is whats pissing me off, THEY Depop! Right After "Gravity" Or Aero and im in the middel of an other spell

Example just now, I hit one w Grav, then Sleep II well trying to Replenish my mp *RDM/BLM atm 198 Dark magic 92 Int? Aspir gives me like 7 Mp.

anyway.. Does Anyone know what causes thease to Depop. its Agravateing

I called a GM last time thinking it was the Games machanics, but they said it was something with my gear...

well last i checked RDM AF cant be used by a blm *was on blm last time this happend*

As far as mp goes /sch on rdm. You'll aspir and drain on par with blm... and nuke a decent amount better for that matter and use less doing it. As far as the depopping changinge gear itself seems to cause mobs to turn yellow more often... especially when they a decent distance away and no actions taken by either you or it. It's pretty normal since they add the anti-mpk patch way back when.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sneaker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Sneaker 2009-11-07 01:29:03  
i do like:

t4
grav or stun(if starts with ga3)
get a bit more distance but be in 21" range
aspir
get distance for 21" again
t4