2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 201 202 203
By geigei 2017-11-04 08:17:22  
Numquam said: »
Why hate on BLUs still? I like my BLU. I've invested in sets...crappy ones, but meh. I'm not the CDC zerggy type, I love messing around trying to figure out multi-step WSs. I learned to tank pretty effectively in CP parties. I'm still trying to deck out my counter set..orcish counterstance is awesome. BLU is annoyingly strong when it gets pushed past the CDC rage, but meh. I don't want to get nerfed because I enjoy it too much. :(

Nobody hate blu, they got past that, now they claim blu dd is mediocre.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-04 09:45:12  
geigei said: »
Nobody hate blu, they got past that, now they claim blu dd is mediocre.

The MNK buff has terrified all of the BLUs into not talking as much about their BLUs.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-11-04 10:10:57  
They should also nerf DNC and THF. TH and constant JA spam makes farming currency / fragments for relics trivial.

And nerf BLU. BLU makes farming alex, einherjar and nyzul isle tokens for mythics trivial.

And nerf all the mage jobs. It's unfair that DDs have to whack away at WKR NMS while Mages just cast 1 nuke and get 4-5 HPB during campaigns.

Oh the humanity!!!!
By Blazed1979 2017-11-04 11:26:22  
Ruaumoko said: »
The sheer OP state of SMN zerging is one of the reasons I unsubbed, not the only one, but it was one of them.

Just not much point doing content when people can just mash one button and win.
same. but in my case I threw away my character for good.
The disparity between SMN and MNK was too much.

All these people claiming "you don't have to use SMN, use whatever jobs you want" forget one critical and important fact; most people want the easy way, the path of least resistance.

I would have much rather tried schah and albumen with RNG, WAR, DRK or MNK. And I did. But do you know how many people lost their temper and patience trying it that way? .. everyone.. maybe Phuoc was the only one willing to try alternative setups.

I don't blame them. They have limited playtime and want their aeonics. No one is playing 10-16 hours a day anymore to be willing to burn 3-4 hours a day trying to kill stuff that can be eliminated in 30 seconds.
[+]
By Draylo 2017-11-04 11:26:50  
I find it funny the outrage over BLU being "OP" was all over the forums but not much about SMN.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-04 11:28:37  
It's there. you don't look hard enough. They get tired of bothering to complain about it since NOTHING ever gets done anyway.

And the few people that post there get banned anyway.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52988-SMN-is-destroying-battle-content.-Please-consider-adjusting-it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52395-Nerf-SMN

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52976-To-the-devs-Why-won-t-you-nerf-summoner
By Draylo 2017-11-04 11:32:57  
I never visit that site anymore, I was talking about here.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-04 11:34:04  
Every thread here devolves into blu is op or smn is op given enough time to get there.

and/or mnk dickmeasuring.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-04 15:33:10  
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
They should also nerf DNC and THF. TH and constant JA spam makes farming currency / fragments for relics trivial.

And nerf BLU. BLU makes farming alex, einherjar and nyzul isle tokens for mythics trivial.

And nerf all the mage jobs. It's unfair that DDs have to whack away at WKR NMS while Mages just cast 1 nuke and get 4-5 HPB during campaigns.

Oh the humanity!!!!

Nuuuuuuuuuuu gib haste samba 2 :< Let that be my only nerf! Or raise the damage cap on PK :D
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-11-04 15:51:22  
Yes! No nerfing. Just need a bit of a fix. For example Monk fix!

Boost: Does triple damage on next attack or WS. 5sec cooldown

Focus: 1min cool down, 5min duration, +15% JA Haste. +30 acc.

Dodge: 1min cool down, 5min duration, Guard at 90% rate, +50 evasion and magic evasion

Counter Stance: No defense penalty. Can counter everything including TP attacks, or iron giant moves.

Chakra: 3sec cooldown, 20' AOE.

Mantra: 1min cooldown, last 10min

Formless Strikes: 1min cooldown. Cause 80% spell interruption.

Impetus: Does not reset on miss attacks.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-04 16:32:16  
Leviathan.Andret said: »

Dodge: 1min cool down, 5min duration, Guard at 90% rate, +50 evasion and magic evasion

Counter Stance: No defense penalty. Can counter everything including TP attacks, or iron giant moves.

Lol way to make MNK the most OP thing ever considered.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-11-04 16:51:03  
still wonder why they dont get rid of those static acc buffs , i mean +xx acc from hasso agressor etc was good back then but these days i think they should change it to a % based incease . not sure if % based from combat skill or from total current acc
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-04 17:12:49  
They intentionally avoid % based accuracy/m.accuracy things because accuracy checks are an easy way to adjust content level/accessibility.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-04 18:18:45  
That is consistent from buffs/debuffs. Attack is given in percentages, but accuracy in static numbers. If both were percentages, it would even the playing field between all DDs. For better or worse.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-04 18:19:55  
Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
still wonder why they dont get rid of those static acc buffs , i mean +xx acc from hasso agressor etc was good back then but these days i think they should change it to a % based incease . not sure if % based from combat skill or from total current acc
it wouldn't work as well as you'd think like it does with attack.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-04 18:22:50  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
That is consistent from buffs/debuffs. Attack is given in percentages, but accuracy in static numbers. If both were percentages, it would even the playing field between all DDs. For better or worse.
no it wouldn't. if you had 1000 acc and increased it by 5%, that's 50 acc, a 25% hit rate increase. a 5% increase in attack is a 5% increase, they're not calculated the same.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-11-04 18:46:01  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Lol way to make MNK the most OP thing ever considered.

Hahaha but realistically, if Monk had all of those without the "Boost" damage bonus... what would you use the job for? It's not going to beat the top 2H zerg DD. You can put it next to Dnc in terms of utilities.

Probably the spell interruption would make it special.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-04 19:37:38  
This probably should be moved into the MNK thread, if you want to discuss in greater detail.

TL;DR: Your ideas would turn MNK into an Astral Conduiting Runefencer thing. So, totally bonkers broken.

Boost doing triple damage would be OK. But that 5s cooldown would need to be increased to at least 30s and probably 1min. Otherwise every weapon skill, or every other weapon skill, by an elite MNK would do 60k+ damage. Sexy? Sure. But we're MNKs, not Ramuh.

I'm not sure your Focus idea would be game-breaking. I wish Hasso would work on H2H, but, alas, it is the weapon type that gets the negatives and none of the positives of all other weapon types.

Guard at 90% rate, assuming you mean it to work like Inquartata, would be broken if allowed to be full-timed. +50 evasion would be meaningless against almost everything. And any magic evasion buff generally belongs on a long cool down, short duration type JA.

Counterstance really shouldn't give a defense penalty. I understand the logic of putting it there, but any TP attack or countering opponent just ends any MNK that tries to tank with this... So, yeah. The defense penalty should just become some kind of an enmity buff.
It would be cool to allow Perfect Counter to counter TP attacks, though, so that a tanking MNK would be better protected.

Chakra... Yeah, no, that's way OP. MNK isn't meant to be a party healer. It would be interesting if it was, but that would be a radical change.

Mantra changes... Only if MNK were some kind of fragile healing job.

Formless Strikes could use something added to it, but I'm not sure an increase to spell interruption would be too valuable. And where it would be valuable, it would be broken. Maybe if melee hits gave no TP to a target during Formless Strikes?

I think we all agree that Impetus should work that way, but with a slight decrease to its potency.

Sure, if you love MNK, you want it to be OP. But if you love FFXI, you don't want it to be OP. You just want the JAs to have a reason to exist. It is nice to dream!
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-11-04 20:05:28  
SE should consider and look back into making adjustments for the duration of Weakness back in early feb 2014
(Feb 2014 Freshly Picked Vana'diel with the subject of weakness and EXP loss http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40279-Freshly-Picked-Vana%E2%80%99diel-4-Digest?p=494679&viewfull=1#post494679) , however, they never did a follow-up post regarding that. It would be nice for Raise spells to actually have value to it based on tier since EXP loss penalty is irrelevant for that reason and EXP is really fast to get.

I then made this thread last year hoping to get SE response (no response >_>)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50105-Weakness-Duration-in-2016-Can-we-finally-get-adjustments-to-this?p=591795&viewfull=1#post591795

would be great if someone could translate some posts onto the JP forums to get their attention
[+]
By Nariont 2017-11-04 20:17:19  
It's not going to beat the top 2H zerg DD.

Why not? If any of the 1 handed/dw jobs should compete with 2 hander DDs it should be mnk, and itd be much easier to simply raise its damage potential than to open it up as some utility job like most dual wield jobs offer in place of not being the top DD in a zerg situation
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-11-04 21:00:20  
SE doesn't know balance - We've always known this - What this game needs now is truer end game content and a ton of job adjustments - but we all know we are never going to get complete balance regarding the job spread - someone will always get the short end of the stick

But...

As it is. If SE doesn't nerf smn and 140++ is released - expect it to be cleared in a week and people foaming at the mouth because of it.

Anyway, considering we won't ever get another expansion and we are nearing the end of FFXI - it is what it is - SMN burn them aeonics and make this game a joke - No one truly cares... heck not even the Devs
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-04 22:15:47  
it is amusing for those of us who remember how protective of Absolute Virtue that SE was for years, if anyone even dinged their precious baby using techniques that the Devs considered improper (read: anything other than how they had pictured the fight going), a nerf came out within weeks ending it. That's how half of the job adjustments we got pre Adoulin happened...someone used a method to beat AV, and then that method was removed from the game.

If SE protected their magnum opus for endgame, Reisenjima, half as well as they protected AV back in the day, the content would have life much longer than it has.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-11-04 22:23:34  
True. But why haven't they? This is the ultimate question..

Like Nickeny says, can it be that they don't care about this game or is it that they may be seeing something else?

Or can it be that they are just delaying and looking into it, taking their time?

Regardless the game will live in and people will cope with multiple strategies, use the ones that they have the most fun with..
By Ruaumoko 2017-11-04 23:06:29  
Asura.Shyara said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
The sheer OP state of SMN zerging is one of the reasons I unsubbed, not the only one, but it was one of them.

Just not much point doing content when people can just mash one button and win.

Ruau you must come back I misses you! And our lowman 'letstrytosmashthisNMintheface" strategies.

#TeamAwesome
Let's see what Santa brings.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-11-05 02:21:30  
Aww. My post got deleted. I guess I was too harsh.

I apologize I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-05 03:53:10  
Imo, SMN needs a a resistance thing on MBs like all other jobs, and some sort of diminishing return on Physical BPs under conduit. Don't kill the job, but no one in their right mind can say an AC zerg is balanced with decently geared SMN army. No real Strat, absolutely no skill, no danger, no challenge, no fun? Well I guess it can be fun. One of our players (Mischief) has triboxed Kirin, Teles, lolworm, Erinys, and got close to killing WoC and Vini, With 1 SMN RUN(or PUP) GEO. He states the obvious that it's just stupid atm what it can do.

Oh and it's 2017 and MNK still sucks. Balance things much SE? XD
[+]
By Justuas 2017-11-05 06:05:47  
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »

Oh the humanity!!!!
I think you're missing the point here.
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-05 07:14:57  
Say they nerfed SMN.

On balance, do you think more people would be happy about it than incensed that the job they've spent a bunch of effort building up has been shuffled to the back of the deck again?

I'd say the latter is far more likely, and that being the case why would SE entertain that approach?

Nerfing stuff generally isn't welcomed, because most people just want to achieve stuff in game, and don't like having to re-think their strategies because of mercurial decisions on the part of the dev-team.

Sorry, but from my standpoint the obvious solution is simply to design combat scenarios that aren't easily zergable. Make the mob teleport, pop PD or Invincible, its not rocket science to design battle logic to derail AC/AF zerging because contrary to what so many impressions say around here, its far from infallible.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-05 08:16:04  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Say they nerfed SMN.

On balance, do you think more people would be happy about it than incensed that the job they've spent a bunch of effort building up has been shuffled to the back of the deck again?

I'd say the latter is far more likely, and that being the case why would SE entertain that approach?

Nerfing stuff generally isn't welcomed, because most people just want to achieve stuff in game, and don't like having to re-think their strategies because of mercurial decisions on the part of the dev-team.

Sorry, but from my standpoint the obvious solution is simply to design combat scenarios that aren't easily zergable. Make the mob teleport, pop PD or Invincible, its not rocket science to design battle logic to derail AC/AF zerging because contrary to what so many impressions say around here, its far from infallible.

When you knowingly invest in a broken trend, it's your own fault when it gets flushed down the toilet.

You knowingly waste a billion gil obtaining nirvana and all the +1 gear knowing full well what you're doing is broken. No sympathy. And if you're smart you'll make more money than you spent abusing it anyway. So double no sympathy.

you cant negotiate your way out of admitting smn is broken.

My working theory is square counts nirvana's (we know they do) and are waiting to nerf it based on x number of them made. Because no one will ever make another one after the nerf, and hardly any were ever made before the buff. Nirvana is about to pass tizona on the most made mythics list (it's inaccurate but point is still there)
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-05 08:34:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
When you knowingly invest in a broken trend, it's your own fault when it gets flushed down the toilet.

You knowingly waste a billion gil obtaining nirvana and all the +1 gear knowing full well what you're doing is broken. No sympathy. And if you're smart you'll make more money than you spent abusing it anyway. So double no sympathy.

you cant negotiate your way out of admitting smn is broken.

My working theory is square counts nirvana's (we know they do) and are waiting to nerf it based on x number of them made. Because no one will ever make another one after the nerf, and hardly any were ever made before the buff. Nirvana is about to pass tizona on the most made mythics list (it's inaccurate but point is still there)

What a bunch of self-serving crap. You reject any empathy for other peoples efforts being flushed down the toilet because you feel your standing as a player is eroded by their success?

How weak is that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 192 193 194 ... 201 202 203