フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 201 202 203
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-04 15:49:54  
Real RDM fixes-

All tier II merit spells need to be part of the standard spell book. Screw picking.

Allow Temper I to be castable on party members only (not cross party like haste/flurry, but the way refresh works).

Increase Composure effect, either thru job buff or future gear, to allow target party members to receive the dame duration a RDM gets for that buff while under Composure. (This answers the whining at another buff to cast after fix #2)

I'll drop these. Melee RDM,we'll keep our dirty little selves in the shadows of the job forum.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-04 15:50:57  
Sylph.Braden said: »
I don't remember the last time I felt my group required a WHM -- let alone a Yagrush WHM -- to kill anything.

You need WHM in any group that has more then 2 targets being hit by AoE's. This isn't negotiable, it's a requirement because otherwise AoE damage will end up with someone dead.

The problem is that regardless of fast cast there is a 3s global wait after any spell is cast before you can start casting your next one. So if your stuck single target healing, then whomever you chose to NOT cast cure on has a high chance of being killed on the next TP move. Curaga II simply isn't strong enough to do this but Curaga III is. So after every Buff, Cure, Status Removal and Debuff the game makes you wait 3s to do something else and during that time anyone under 50% HP is in danger of being killed by a Triple attack with a crit or some high damage TP move.

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Not sure what RDM healer mp is like because I never play with RDM healers or really RDMs in general.

RDM only runs into issue in really long fights because while it doesn't have any MP reduction it does have a ***ton of refresh. You can get somewhere north of 13mp/tick just from refresh, then gear / ect.. adds more and then Convert exists if MP supply is really being burned down. I've seen over 20mp/tick before without counting ballads (if a BRD is present then they should toss a Ballad III onto the healer).
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 15:53:29  
Implementation Timing Implementation Timing In-progress Task Notes
January Trust ・Add new properties

and they replied to my post on the forums saying they are adding gear haste to trusts a few weeks ago.
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-04 16:07:12  
Asura.Saevel said: »
I don't remember the last time I felt my group required a WHM -- let alone a Yagrush WHM -- to kill anything.

You need WHM in any group that has more then 2 targets being hit by AoE's. This isn't negotiable, it's a requirement because otherwise AoE damage will end up with someone dead.

We do WoC, Kouryu on his tail, Teles, Onychophora, and Omen bosses with melee x3 and BRD GEO, plus one of RDM SMN SCH or Kupipi as our primary healers. I'm not gonna say WHM isn't far and away the best healer in the game, but it's far from mandatory for keeping groups of melee alive and healthy.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-04 16:19:05  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
RDM and BRD. RDM needs Haste to scale with enhancing so they can solo magic haste cap. BRD needs songs increased to 900 skill potency. BRD also needs an Honor Minne song.

That should roughly fix the haste imbalance issue, and take away BLU's biggest advantage over other melee at this stage, putting it in the "good enough" threshold for FFXI balance. And without nerfing BLU!

There are plenty of minor changes I'd like to see, but will likely never get. Specifically in regards to THF I'd like: Hide to always drop hate even on NM, TA to transfer current enmity to some degree, evasion bonus to also give some magic evasion. And Subtle blow out the ***.

I like your RDM ideas, but like someone pointed out, they could just add Haste III (or buff Baste II--that specific spell, not smn, not blu).

WHat would Honor Minne do? Obviously defensive traits, but which? "BLM Need Punch!", what's Punch do?

I like your THF ideas but I'd hope it it works with /THF hide, only because this game needs a real hate dump since SE seems to like melee enmity where it's at. I would also make collaborator (the lesser one) subbable.

I was doing a mage WoC the other night and we had 3 benes (one sub-10%, grrrr). We knew that pop was lost but I asked the SCH to Libra and it showed everyone in his party at 1% of my enmity (I think, it didn't list me or whm as we were in tank party).

Honor Minne would be an attunement/barrier/fend(?) combination. Or maybe haste instead of fend so bard can also magic haste cap. The goal is to allow BRD and GEO to roughly occupy the same space, if needed. If BRD, RDM and GEO all over magic haste cap to melee, the job combinations for viable melee would open drastically. BLU isn't the best DPS in the world, but they need the least support, so buffing the support jobs would open up many more jobs to being workable.

I'd be game for it working as /THF, then that could even give them data that on certain content everyone goes /THF so something needs to be fixed with enmity, maybe, lol.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Phillybalboa 2017-01-04 16:40:16  
Our Yag whm quit 7 aeonics ago, We do most of our stuff DD and have not used a yag for any of it, for whats its worth.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-04 17:12:47  

We do WoC, Kouryu on his tail, Teles, Onychophora, and Omen bosses with melee x3 and BRD GEO, plus one of RDM SMN SCH or Kupipi as our primary healers. I'm not gonna say WHM isn't far and away the best healer in the game, but it's far from mandatory for keeping groups of melee alive and healthy.

Right...

Geotic Breath / Bai Wing if your in front and then Spike Flail silliness if your not. Then various aoe nukes / ect. WoC is just as bad with all it's AoE attacks that can deal crippling damage. AoE healing is mandatory, and even then someone can die just due to bad timing. Plus without a WHM you won't be having those 230 point MBD boosted Barspells to protect you further against AoE damage, instead you get 165 point unboosted barspells.

*Note*
Playing with the definition of "mandatory" isn't acceptable. It's entirely possible to get a win without a WHM in a melee setup but it's 100% down to getting lucky on TP moves with the NM's AI. Without powerful AoE healing an unlucky set of TP moves means you are wiping and the popset / time is wasted.

*Note 2*
White Wind is just side stepping the issue to achieve an internet cookie. The point was that providing RDM and SCH with a powerful AoE healing option would enable to them to take on the primary healing role of melee orientated groups. The best way to do go about that would be to reduce the level requirement of the White Mage spell Curaga III from 51 to 49. It's still 180MP and would force both RDM and SCH to carefully chose their subs as you suddenly get a wide variety of possibilities based on what you need for a fight.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-01-04 17:16:40  
If only there were other jobs capable of AoE healing than a WHM.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-04 17:17:28  
Yeah I figured you were straight up cheating there and weasel wording to get internet cookies. NM's do powerful AoE attacks that need to be recovered from. The healers primary responsibility is to do this and the #1 reason you bring a WHM is to do this with the #2 being the potent barspells. Status ailment removal is something anyone /WHM or /SCH can do and you should have multiple of those in a group anyway.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-04 17:59:03  
Right...

I'm sorry you don't think people can consistently win these fights without Curaga IV or Barspells.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-04 18:10:21  
use better debuffs. i take no more than 500 damage total during a WoC fight
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-01-04 18:50:43  
you can just PD on the change from kirin to ouryu and zerg it with steadfast/mirrors pretty easily. dont take whms to woc either the when we blm burn
By Chyula 2017-01-04 18:52:54  
Ways to fix RDM:

1. Give rdm self only cast spells (Pro VII, Shell VII, Regen VII, Cure V-II, Enlight II, Gain-Acc,Mob macc down, gain ma-eva, gain-all stats), these spells will not work with accession.
2. double Temper II potency
3. Raise phalanx II to over 150 dmg reduction, and change it to self cast only and will not work with accession.
4. Raise Haste II potency to cap haste and change it to self cast only and will not work with accession.
5. All the above change will have reduced potency the more players in party.
6. Hire Avesta and show the world how it is done.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 20:56:50  
RDM doesn't need much to be "fixed" not that there is much wrong with it at the moment. Mostly enfeebling in general needs to be adjusted because most of the spells were developed around the old FFXI.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-04 21:00:45  
Chyula said: »
Ways to fix RDM:

1. Give rdm self only cast spells (Pro VII, Shell VII, Regen VII, Cure V-II, Enlight II, Gain-Acc,Mob macc down, gain ma-eva, gain-all stats), these spells will not work with accession.
2. double Temper II potency
3. Raise phalanx II to over 150 dmg reduction, and change it to self cast only and will not work with accession.
4. Raise Haste II potency to cap haste and change it to self cast only and will not work with accession.
5. All the above change will have reduced potency the more players in party.
6. Hire Avesta and show the world how it is done.

And this is the reason we can't have ANYTHING.

1. Gonna give RDM the tier 7 of shell and protect when they don't have the tier6? sure. And we don't even get past regen2, but hey, give us regen7. What would that be- 90hp/tic? "mob macc down" is called addle. Why would we get enlight II and not PLDs? I do like the Gain-Acc. Give ya that one- would be in line with the abs- line of spells.

2. Temper II potency is fine. You double it and you destroy the RDM mythic, which is already weaker because of temper II.

3. So you basically want to change what phalanx II's purpose is. It's friggin purpose is that it's targetable on others!

4. We don't need it. In casting only situations we cap fast-cast in our sleep, and in melee situations all I need is march and I'm good. So pop out Ulmia and bingo, or pretty much any 6 man situation and you're capped.

5. So...the job that was the KING of soloing in the 75 era, the one that people HATED for soloing...you're going to handicap this job when they DO group up?

6. Avesta merely posted videos. RDMs who have been playing and loving and caring about the job for years know the truth- he was the loudest among those doing the solos. And I would love to see how he fared in party setups. Did I learn some techniques for my own soloing back in the day studying his videos? Yes. But again, he wasn't the only one, just the loudest and who doesn't love a taru in a chapeau? Quit the 10 year internet fap session on him. and no, those damn bangles aren't for him, while I'm at it.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-01-04 21:01:45  
It's Chyula. He's trolling. Don't take him seriously.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 21:04:50  
MNK should still be adjusted before RDM. RDM and BRD are in the same boat, both are useful, but in most cases you rather have a GEO.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-01-04 21:39:46  
oh my GOD they already got more attack what more do you want????
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 21:47:59  
lol

Still the worst DD
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-04 22:38:06  
It's not MNK it's H2H WS that suffer. MNK has great gear selection and decent JA/JTs. But they lack a source of powerful WS's to exploit. Both Staff and H2H aren't very exploitable. It's not a problem unique to MNK, both Scythe and Great Axe suffer this too. Fortunately those jobs have access to exploitable WS's elsewhere.

So don't think of it as a "MNK" problem but as an issue with H2H WS's.

Changing VS in the same way they did Vorpal / CDC would go a long way to fixing this problem.

Before CDC
fTP 2.25 + 1.0 x 3 (Dual Wield), 5.25 fTP total with belt/gorget raising it to 5.45

After CDC 1.63 x 4 (Dual Wield), 6.52 fTP total but 7.32 with belt/gorget

Before Vorpal
fTP 1.0 x 5 (Dual Wield), 5.0 fTP total, 5.2 with Belt/Gorget

After Vorpal
fTP 1.375 x 5 (Dual Wield), 6.875 fTP total, 7.875 with Belt/Gorget

Those bonus numbers also apply to any Multi-Attack proc making them very valuable to enhancing average WS damage.

So Current Victory Smite
fTP 2.25 + 1.0 x 3, 5.25 fTP total, 5.45 with Belt/Gorget (barely raised)

New
fTP 1.5 x 4, 6.0 fTP total, 6.8 with Belt/Gorget

That would instantly *fix MNK* because it could be exploited to by stacking Belt/Gorget and Multi-Attack gear like Resolution / CDC / Vorpal / Stardiver / Evisceration and so forth. The other way you exploit a WS is having a single (or two) hit WS with crazy high fTP scaling and a big WSC to stack up. Tornado almost fits this but it's 1000 ~ 2000 fTP is too low and it's mods are 40/40 instead of 60/60 like they should be. Raging suffers from only having good fTP scaling past 2000, having low WSC mods and being both a high fTP and a multi-hit making it extremely difficult to exploit WSD stacking.

You usually want WS's to fall into one of two categories, first being the "copy fTP" sort that you really exploit WSC and Multi-Attack stacking, the second being "one hit high fTP" sort that you exploit WSC and WSD stacking. WS's that "combine" those approaches don't perform very well because the player can't get maximum benefit out of either. Those WS's include Upheaval, Ukko's, Cross Reaper, Insurgency, Raging, Victory Smite among several others.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-01-05 14:43:02  
Quote:
Greetings,

There are a couple of plans in the pipeline that the development team is working on for bard.
Right now they are looking into adding new gear that has the “All songs +” property so that song effects can become more powerful through slots other than just instruments. They are aiming to implement this as soon as possible, but as an adjustment to precede this, they have also decided to increase the effect values of certain songs. The team will need a bit of time to get everything ready, but we’ll keep you posted once there is more information.
[+]
By Chyula 2017-01-05 15:01:44  
REMA bard going to break the game with these new equipe.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-01-05 17:01:44  
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Greetings,

There are a couple of plans in the pipeline that the development team is working on for bard.
Right now they are looking into adding new gear that has the “All songs +” property so that song effects can become more powerful through slots other than just instruments. They are aiming to implement this as soon as possible, but as an adjustment to precede this, they have also decided to increase the effect values of certain songs. The team will need a bit of time to get everything ready, but we’ll keep you posted once there is more information.
Oh boy oh boy people wont be saying brd sucks anymore lmao.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-05 17:33:09  
Who, while possessing anything resembling common sense, says Bard sucks?
 Shiva.Cahota
サーバ: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-01-05 17:49:48  
know i love having honor march!
By Lyramion 2017-01-05 17:49:51  
Bard "sucks" aka BRD stuff can be

A) dispelled
B) resisted
C) isn't GEO

aka ppl will call anything not very top tier trash.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 06:49:42  
Looks like SE is doing exactly what needs done, raising the skill potency cap of certain high end Bard songs. Adding more all songs+ gear is just icing on top of that. BRD's pair really well with non-BLU DD's, sing their songs and run back to the mages to help support there. Re-singing songs mid battle isn't difficult so dispel isn't nearly as big an issue as it is for COR.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-01-06 06:54:55  
Looks like SE is doing exactly what needs done, raising the skill potency cap of certain high end Bard songs. Adding more all songs+ gear is just icing on top of that. BRD's pair really well with non-BLU DD's, sing their songs and run back to the mages to help support there. Re-singing songs mid battle isn't difficult so dispel isn't nearly as big an issue as it is for COR.
You can only SV once though
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-06 07:00:56  
Asura.Xijaah said: »

So... it's not needed. SV is nice but you shouldn't be relying on it. Bolster is different because Malaise / Frailty experience increasing returns and therefor the effect of doubling them is ridiculous. When people think "GEO is broken *cry cry*" what they are thinking about is the way subtraction on the bottom of fractions works. Haste, Defense Down and Magic Defense Down all function the same way, dramatically increasing returns after 50%. GEO buffs are nice but just normal stuff, it's their debuffs that are overpowered.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-01-06 07:24:26  
Asura.Xijaah said: »

So... it's not needed. SV is nice but you shouldn't be relying on it. Bolster is different because Malaise / Frailty experience increasing returns and therefor the effect of doubling them is ridiculous. When people think "GEO is broken *cry cry*" what they are thinking about is the way subtraction on the bottom of fractions works. Haste, Defense Down and Magic Defense Down all function the same way, dramatically increasing returns after 50%. GEO buffs are nice but just normal stuff, it's their debuffs that are overpowered.
What i mean is that dispel does affect brd, if anything because of SV. What you saying is accurate, but you would always prefer a song that gives you, say, 92 accuracy to one who gives you 46. Now, attack and haste you can floor them regardless, but people usually itemize according to how much accuracy+ they can rely on.
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 201 202 203