New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2017-01-04 02:30:50  
Quote:
Announcing the January Version Update

Greetings, adventurers, and a happy new year! (I realize this is the second time I have wished you a happy new year, but please bear with me.)

Although we're only a few days into 2017, I'd like to share with you some details on what you can expect in 2017.

In this first update of 2017, we've decided to tinker with our two most recent types of battle content. First, with regards to Omen, we are adding new spoils that can be obtained from the various notorious monsters and treasure coffers within. We've also been adding some synthesis recipes using these new items, so keep an eye out for those when the update hits the servers!
Second, we're doing the usual changes to Ambuscade, but this time we've got a little something extra. We're adding the two types of Ambuscade tickets—he normal and a +1 versions—to the standard fare of Ambuscade awards, making it easier to grab that special piece of equipment you've been waiting for.

We're also adding rewards to certain battlefields and implementing a new status icon so that you can see the remaining duration on your indicolure geomancy spells.

The holiday season is a busy time for everyone, and the team has been working extra hard under a very tight schedule. The patch content itself is rather compact, but we believe that it will still provide the new experiences you've come to expect from FINAL FANTASY XI and will serve as a great first step into the Vana'diel of 2017.

As is customary, we've prepared a table of items that are scheduled for implementation in January. Unexpected issues may arise that prevent some of these items from making the deadline, and we apologize in advance if such is this case.

Content and System-related
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
Indicolure geomancy spells
・Add icons
Omen
・Adjust system

Battle-related
Trust
・Add new properties

Item-related
Omen
・Create new items
Ambuscade
・Create new items
Ambuscade
・Adjust certain items
Battlefields
・Add items
Synthesis
・Add new recipes
Porter Moogle
・Add items to the list of supported items
 Asura.Psylo
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-01-04 04:44:21  
Quote:
Omen
・Adjust system

Pretty curious about that, nobody have more info on it ?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 06:19:10  
Pretty sure they are adding time for the objectives
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-01-04 10:05:52  
two updates... zero job adjustments... jeez...
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-04 10:38:07  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Pretty sure they are adding time for the objectives

This and they have to find a way to make objectives more readily visible.

The easiest method, honestly, would be for the objectives to be shown when you enter the floor and countdown not start until you pull--with a longer timer of course.
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-01-04 11:07:07  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Which job needs adjustmens? Just curious...
By Chyula 2017-01-04 11:14:12  
Asura.Sesono said: »

blm,blu,sch,run,geo, all need a buff.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-04 11:38:11  
How could you leave whm off that list? Are you a mad, man?
By Chyula 2017-01-04 11:48:11  
when apu trust does better than 90% of whms out there, I dont think a buff will help much.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-01-04 12:21:24  
Chyula said: »
when apu trust does better than 90% of whms out there, I dont think a buff will help much.

If Apururu did barspells and had less than +100 Enmity, I'd be out of a job if it weren't for my Yagrush.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-01-04 13:04:05  
November had rhe smn phys bloodpact changes, which are goddamn amazingly broken.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 13:04:24  
Apururu has a lot of stupid setbacks though. Such as running around back and forth in condensed spaces and that making her slow to cure.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-01-04 13:15:11  

RDM and BRD. RDM needs Haste to scale with enhancing so they can solo magic haste cap. BRD needs songs increased to 900 skill potency. BRD also needs an Honor Minne song.

That should roughly fix the haste imbalance issue, and take away BLU's biggest advantage over other melee at this stage, putting it in the "good enough" threshold for FFXI balance. And without nerfing BLU!

There are plenty of minor changes I'd like to see, but will likely never get. Specifically in regards to THF I'd like: Hide to always drop hate even on NM, TA to transfer current enmity to some degree, evasion bonus to also give some magic evasion. And Subtle blow out the ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-01-04 13:20:08  
Buff kamu...buff...ka..mu..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-04 13:22:44  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
RDM needs Haste to scale with enhancing so they can solo magic haste cap.
Better yet, give them exclusive Haste III! Which goes beyond magic cap and gives anyone it's cast on Hundred Fists speed, but without the wiffs! Better give them +1000 accuracy too with that spell.

That'll teach BLU!

BRD also needs an Honor Minne song.
Why not give them Honor Madrigal too, while we are at it. Make it so it's +1000 accuracy, +80% haste, +2000 defense, +2000 attack, lasts 30 minutes, and cannot be dispelled.

That'll teach BLU!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-01-04 13:51:37  

RDM and BRD. RDM needs Haste to scale with enhancing so they can solo magic haste cap. BRD needs songs increased to 900 skill potency. BRD also needs an Honor Minne song.

This is why we can't have nice things.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 14:02:15  
I think RDM mains complain the most out of any other job for nerfs and buffs.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-01-04 14:07:38  
Rdm Needs Staff Skill!
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 14:17:59  
And my Claustrum needs MAB/INT! But, neither are going to happen
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-01-04 14:20:50  
Well with an attitude like that...
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-04 14:23:52  

That should roughly fix the haste imbalance issue, and take away BLU's biggest advantage over other melee at this stage, putting it in the "good enough" threshold for FFXI balance. And without nerfing BLU!

There are plenty of minor changes I'd like to see, but will likely never get. Specifically in regards to THF I'd like: Hide to always drop hate even on NM, TA to transfer current enmity to some degree, evasion bonus to also give some magic evasion. And Subtle blow out the ***.

I like your RDM ideas, but like someone pointed out, they could just add Haste III (or buff Baste II--that specific spell, not smn, not blu).

WHat would Honor Minne do? Obviously defensive traits, but which? "BLM Need Punch!", what's Punch do?

I like your THF ideas but I'd hope it it works with /THF hide, only because this game needs a real hate dump since SE seems to like melee enmity where it's at. I would also make collaborator (the lesser one) subbable.

I was doing a mage WoC the other night and we had 3 benes (one sub-10%, grrrr). We knew that pop was lost but I asked the SCH to Libra and it showed everyone in his party at 1% of my enmity (I think, it didn't list me or whm as we were in tank party).

I do think BLMs produce far far too little enmity, it's no challenge, but no real complaints. Melee on the other hand, below a certain clvl produce too much enmity (because enmity produced is based on content level).

I know Lady knows this, but this is why "your" (any) paladin can hold Maju off you but not Tenzen or Ultima (the tall one). Rune Fencer at least has excellent DD options so when everyone hate-caps, the boss is hitting them some of the time at least.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-04 14:27:33  
Apururu has a lot of stupid setbacks though. Such as running around back and forth in condensed spaces and that making her slow to cure.

The biggest thing holding Apu and Yoran back is they won't Nott if refresh is on them and they have don't have empy pants (or the cure potency to make spells free).

Both will also waste their last mp to cast protect I and shell 1.

---

Off topic: Since I don't want to triple-post.

I'd give SCH healers some sort of healing-Occult Accumen. They have myrkr. It could even scale off enhancing magic differently (since Regen is part of SCH's game)

I'd give RDM "Gift", the opposite of Sacrifice, copies your buffs to your target, at max duration for non-self buffs. While more RDM buffs sounds appealing, too many and a rotation gets annoying.

Make it party-only and semi-expensive
By Pantafernando 2017-01-04 14:38:19  
Quote:
Greetings, everyone, and also Happy New Year!

The development team has been holding discussions about all of the feedback we’ve been receiving since the implementation of Omen, and they are in the process of tackling various adjustments one by one. Amongst them, they are looking at adjusting certain special abilities as well as supplementing and widening the content so that it’s more than just boss battles.

While it may take a bit of time for these adjustments to be implemented, we’ll keep an eye on all the feedback and update you when there is more information to share!
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 14:45:05  
RDMs are just in a weird spot right now. Their gear for melee is not good enough for them to be a top tier DD, and most of their debuffs have been devalued with the direction has gone in game over the years. However, even if you gave RDM Haste III or scaling on Haste II I doubt they would be sought after.

I thought about that same occult acumen for healing for white mage, just for a reason to use Dagan. But, not really any purpose when WHM generally has infinite MP.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-04 14:52:53  
Lol RDM / SCH just needs access to decently powerful AoE cures in order to be competitive. Making Curaga III level 49 would instantly fix that. Then it comes down to picking and choosing subs and jobs depending on the situation and what people have available to their group. Otherwise RDM has no problem main healing a PLD or RUN tank while also debuffing the NM, SCH is the premier SC maker making them nearly OP in a BLM setup.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 14:56:26  
Not sure about that. Unless you're running with Vex all the time, and only one person on the mob. Yag has been pretty much required for a long while now on a lot of fights.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-04 15:10:34  
Not sure about that. Unless you're running with Vex all the time, and only one person on the mob. Yag has been pretty much required for a long while now on a lot of fights.

We've done plenty of stuff without a Yag WHM. It's required on stuff past CL140 that likes to bury everyone in debuffs. Otherwise removing a debuff of 2 DD's isn't that much of a problem, especially if the BRD remembers they have a sub and helps out.
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-04 15:19:44  
I don't remember the last time I felt my group required a WHM -- let alone a Yagrush WHM -- to kill anything.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 15:28:51  
Bright side, I think they're adding gear haste to Trusts. Not that it will do anything about their awful accuracy
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-04 15:32:12  
Cure potency sets do pretty good (not sounging curaga III to 49 is a bad idea(.

Between Yagrush, Cureskin, Empy pants requiring no effort, best cursna sets, best barspells, and Sacrifice, it wouldn't unseat WHM as king healer but I still think SCH needs a healing-oriented tp recovery.

Not sure what RDM healer mp is like because I never play with RDM healers or really RDMs in general.

Or make PIP pants/new pants available to RDM/SCH/BRD and maybe GEO.

Bright side, I think they're adding gear haste to Trusts. Not that it will do anything about their awful accuracy

Why do you think this?
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 201 202 203