users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Returning after a 2 yeear Break
Returning after a 2 yeear Break
 Carbuncle.Tresvant
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: rreed17
By Carbuncle.Tresvant 2015-02-25 16:34:54  
Hi I'm looking for a LS/friends to help get back into the swing of things again on Carbuncle. I used to be hardcore back in the day but all my friends are gone! Help me out so I can get back into the groove of the game! Thanks in advance!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-25 16:36:35  
And so starts "returning player" thread #9356....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tresvant
By Carbuncle.Tresvant 2015-02-25 18:20:33  
umm thanks for the free bump
[+]
 Ragnarok.Malcontent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zgilbrech
By Ragnarok.Malcontent 2015-02-25 20:25:53  

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Tresvant
By Carbuncle.Tresvant 2015-02-25 20:51:37  
I'll be medium core lol I graduated from college so I work during the day but most evenings I'll be on playing trying to get all of my relics/gear up to speed again
By fonewear 2015-02-25 21:28:06  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Oh yea I"m returning after a 10 year break !
[+]
By anik 2015-02-25 21:40:59  
I have some real advice for all returning players. Be a white mage, become great at curing and -na spells and such, you know, just be a white mage that knows exactly how to play white mage.

Then through your mastery of white mage you will be able to become a master at your favorite job.

I say this because, most likely on your server, there are thousands of people online who are actually 99whm with great gear, but they don't want to play white mage.

So, you will most likely see shouts for a white mage to join a group, and YOU can be that white mage. Grind out the gear you need through white mage. This will be your favorite job for a few weeks, if you play daily.

Believe it or not, as a white mage you will sharpen your reaction times, became an anticipatory player, and basically become a better fighter overall.

The problem will then become finding a whm as good as you in an effort to allow you some time to enjoy playing as another job.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-25 22:29:16  
I agree. You don't necessarily need to play WHM, but you need to learn a support role, be it SCH, RDM, BRD, GEO, WHM, or even COR (not a true support but just go along for the moment). There are massive amounts of DDs on every server, but nobody takes the time to learn the support role. Learn and perfect your role and build your favorite jobs through the gear afforded you by using your support jobs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Davorin 2015-02-25 23:50:52  
anik said: »
I have some real advice for all returning players. Be a white mage, become great at curing and -na spells and such, you know, just be a white mage that knows exactly how to play white mage.

Then through your mastery of white mage you will be able to become a master at your favorite job.

I say this because, most likely on your server, there are thousands of people online who are actually 99whm with great gear, but they don't want to play white mage.

So, you will most likely see shouts for a white mage to join a group, and YOU can be that white mage. Grind out the gear you need through white mage. This will be your favorite job for a few weeks, if you play daily.

Believe it or not, as a white mage you will sharpen your reaction times, became an anticipatory player, and basically become a better fighter overall.

The problem will then become finding a whm as good as you in an effort to allow you some time to enjoy playing as another job.

This is dumb advice. Play whatever job you like. If the OP needs to gear whatever job for endgame and is having trouble, then sure, support may be the route. Have fun though, and welcome back.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-02-26 01:48:10  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That's not a bad thing, is it?
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-02-26 14:57:58  
Bismarck.Zenim said: »
He speaks the truth. I love playing whm but if I do that, I have to rely on others to Dd and tank effectively.

I'd rather shout for a whm than shout for a pro dd.

For as many people that do it, Lord knows there is so very few of these.
[+]