New Dissidia
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-15 11:56:59  
Shut up and take my money!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Purported to be an arcade release but we all know 99% of arcade games get a console port. Dissidia with online play is gonna be so good. Since it may be on consoles, they'll likely expand the cast and maybe flesh out the different fighting styles and make the gameplay a bit more deep.

What characters would you like to see? I want to see Orlandu, Cid Highwind, Seymour, Quistis, Seifer, Beatrix, Celes, and maybe Payne, Zemus, Reno, and a Tonberry as your token nonhuman character. Maybe even a chocobo...cuz ChocoMeteor in ffT was broken as hell
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-15 12:05:17  
they are even naming it the same as the first?
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-15 12:05:52  
i'd say more like 75% of arcade games get ported.

while there might be games with the same names and game-play that does get ported, they are not the same.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-15 12:13:57  
They would be missing out on a veritable gold mine if they didn't port it. Arcade cabinets games are extremely expensive for arcades to buy and the reason for the dearth of arcades across the workd outside of japan is everyone has consoles and arcade games cost between 0.50-1.00usd per gameplay. It takes forever to make up the costs. Selling the discs for 59.99 and disseminating it across the world would see millions of copies sold and then they could shell out dlc for alt costumes or whatever. They would be fools to not port something as popular as Dissidia. Having an online battle system would be amazing. Although sometimes, SE derps with obvious choices like this like when they balked on the release of FF type zero.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-15 12:31:44  
Only two major FF came out since the last Dissidia..seems a bit pointless to make a new one unless Noctis will be in it too I guess.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-15 12:40:27  
The old ones weren't that popular outside of Japan. It was for PSP which wasn't as popular as NDS and as such didn't have mass appeal. What also hurt it was here's this fun fighting game but ot only had some kind of weird local online play like if you found someone within 15ft of you who wanted to play. Having it on a console with online capabilities opens up a whole other community. It's ridiculous they never ported the old ones to ps3 with hd textures and online sooner.

They could flesh out the mechanics a bit further. Right now it's rather simple, use brave attacks to increase your brave while lowering your opponents, then use HP attack to convert your brave into damage HP lifebar damage. It's pretty simple, sure it had some bells and whistles like assists, wall rushes and EX modes but comboing system wasn't too interesting to me, also the repetitive storyline battles were boring because you literally just fought the same 10 dudes over and over with slightly different stats and a palette swap(Mannikins).
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-02-15 13:01:22  
I wouldn't mind a polish of the game and a release on a more common system, with online. Maybe a console HD release. Otherwise, like Seha said, not much more they could add to justify a new game all together.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-15 13:09:45  

Steam release with Steam online matchmaking and full-controller support, please!!
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-15 13:17:16  
I think there's a ton they could add. The last one came out 4 years ago and PSP is a dead console. The game's size and complexity was limited to the memory and cpu of a handheld console. An actual console could have better character models, larger battles, bigger maps, more voice acting, and maybe instead of the stupid chessboard dungeon system and crappy low-res world map, we'll get a fully fleshed out world map with ff13-like graphics.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-15 13:19:00  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
I think there's a ton they could add. The last one came out 4 years ago and PSP is a dead console. The game's size and complexity was limited to the memory and cpu of a handheld console. An actual console could have better character models, larger battles, bigger maps, more voice acting, and maybe instead of the stupid chessboard dungeon system and crappy low-res world map, we'll get a fully fleshed out world map with ff13-like graphics.

And more characters than you could shake a stick out, rivaling even Mortal Kombat's roster!
 Ragnarok.Orlind
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-15 13:20:25  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
The old ones weren't that popular outside of Japan. It was for PSP which wasn't as popular as NDS and as such didn't have mass appeal. What also hurt it was here's this fun fighting game but ot only had some kind of weird local online play like if you found someone within 15ft of you who wanted to play. Having it on a console with online capabilities opens up a whole other community. It's ridiculous they never ported the old ones to ps3 with hd textures and online sooner.

They could flesh out the mechanics a bit further. Right now it's rather simple, use brave attacks to increase your brave while lowering your opponents, then use HP attack to convert your brave into damage HP lifebar damage. It's pretty simple, sure it had some bells and whistles like assists, wall rushes and EX modes but comboing system wasn't too interesting to me, also the repetitive storyline battles were boring because you literally just fought the same 10 dudes over and over with slightly different stats and a palette swap(Mannikins).

You mean the same 32 characters right?

There has been official and unofficial ways to play Dissidia online against other players for years now. There are small tournaments and leagues that go on even to this day.

Also, the playstyles in the Dissidia games deepened vastly once you got proper abilities attached and equip sets, like forcing your HP low before the fight starts for example. Your comments appear to me like someone who hasn't played very much of any of the games.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-15 13:26:01  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Only two major FF came out since the last Dissidia..seems a bit pointless to make a new one unless Noctis will be in it too I guess.

Only 2 FFs came out between the first and second games as well and that didn't stop them from making duodecim and tweaking the entire game.

As for why they would release an arcade game sequel, its all for the money. Gunslinger Stratos 2 and Gundam Extreme VS Maxi Boost regularly top the charts in Japanese arcades for weeks or even months at a time. Now is a great time to announce a new game as they can take advantage of newer hardware and the popularity of the battle arena genre.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-15 13:28:26  
Darkalenia said: »

Steam release with Steam online matchmaking and full-controller support, please!!

You mean full controller AND arcade stick support right? =D

And no, they are not the same thing. I'm looking at you, Rise of Incarnates!!