Wife:Give Up Newborn/down Syndrone Or Get Divorced

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Wife:Give up newborn/down syndrone or get divorced
Wife:Give up newborn/down syndrone or get divorced
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 17:00:12  
The titles rarely do a good book any justice, and even fewer have title designs worth catching the eye, so you have to pick it up and skim a few pages, or read the synopsis on the back. Even still, it will most likely be heavily over-simplified.

News papers are designed to use the most dramatic pictures, narratives, and titles they can to get people to pick it up, and pay w/e they charge for it.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-06 17:08:45  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's like someone who loses a limb. Yeah it's great they live on and don't give up on their lives, but they're not leading a normal life anymore.
What the hell is normal, then? Name one person who doesn't have something that makes their personal life difficult.
By fonewear 2015-02-06 17:13:45  
I discourage reading in all forms. You might learn something.

That is why I only watch Huff Post videos.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 17:14:41  
When I say "literature", I do include novels and such, as they still belong in context.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-06 21:15:23  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
It's like someone who loses a limb. Yeah it's great they live on and don't give up on their lives, but they're not leading a normal life anymore.
What the hell is normal, then? Name one person who doesn't have something that makes their personal life difficult.
Nobody is "normal" on all fronts, but that doesn't make everyone "abnormal", neither.

The things that make people's personal lives difficult (compared to the majority of the population) are what people generally label as "abnormalities".

I realize that this is sometimes subjective (e.g. quantify "difficult", at what point would you consider the "difficulty" severe enough to warrant labeling the cause an " abnormality", etc), but some are easier to identify a reasonable norm for than others. Some are straight forward, like amelia. For some others, we can use percentiles. Some obviously affect a person's life adversely way more than others. Some might not even affect the person's life, but the lives of those around him (e.g. a homicidal maniac).
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-06 23:39:18  
Ramyrez said: »
If your child is born with Down's, it's not the end of the world, as I said. I think many (most? a majority?) of people with planned or "pleasant suprise" pregnancies would go along with it if they unexpectedly found themselves with a Down's child.
Down syndrome is not something I'd wish on my child, no, but nor would I wish autism, far-sightedness, pigeon-toed-ness, and the long list of disabilities that I, personally, have lived with.
I was diagnosed when I was 3 or 4 with hypermetropia yet I didn't experience any of the symptoms past the age of 8.
I know someone else with this and said person spent his whole life wearing glasses.

I don't understand how it can be that bad, though. Said other person lives a normal life, he just wears glasses.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-06 23:56:34  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I don't understand how it can be that bad, though. Said other person lives a normal life, he just wears glasses.
That was mostly my point, actually. Except for having an astigmatism in my right eye that can throw things off when I'm tired, I'm more than capable of doing most things without my glasses. The one thing I can't reliably do is read, which is kind of a big deal.

I just listed far-sightedness, which is by far the least intrusive of focal point errors, because it's the defect I have. Near-sightedness or full astigmatism are far more dangerous/obnoxious, obviously.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-08 10:34:14  
https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-defends-herself-husband-says-she-gave-newborn-191921642--abc-news-parenting.html

There's always more than one side of a story...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-08 10:47:04  
Jetackuu said: »
https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-defends-herself-husband-says-she-gave-newborn-191921642--abc-news-parenting.html

Sounds like she's trying to save face.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-08 10:49:52  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »

Sounds like she's trying to save face.

Perhaps, but really the only two people who know are her and the father, and he has a bunch of donations to rake in, while her only solace is public perception of something that was a personal decision.

I'm more inclined to believe the one with financial gain on the line is the liar, call that being cynical if you want.
By fonewear 2015-02-11 08:34:43  

Obama.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-11 08:45:26  
No you don't lead a normal life with down syndrome. Living on doesn't mean living on normally.

inb4 someone says the usual bs "but normality is boring", yeah go cut your hand that'll make life "interesting".
It's more like losing a limb doesn't keep you from leading a normal life lol... It makes it more difficult but I mean... what do you do with your life? You think someone missing a limb can't live with their parents and talk to a bunch of other people on a gaming forum and play some video games?

There's handicapped people out there doing a lot more than that lol... That's not just some other person saying this to piss on you or anything but rather the truth.

Down syndrom affects someone more than that. Mental faculties are dulled and such.

All this is is a display of selfishness. I don't want this life that I brought into the world because it will make my own more difficult. I want a kid but not that kid... If that's your decision so be it but don't try to make it out to be anything other than that.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 08:49:33  
There is a place for unwanted children it's called Africa.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-11 09:49:53  
Child didn't ask to be born, and it may grow up hating it's life.

If it were me, I would likely have wanted death.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 09:54:09  
After reading both sides again, it seems more and more like the husband wanted to move to "give the best life for the baby in New Zealand" and the mother agreed, just didn't want to go with.

If that's the case, that's a rather rough decision to make. But we'll never truly know as we weren't there and it has boiled down to a he said she said argument.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-02-11 13:13:54  
fonewear said: »
Any of you fascists promoting eugenics again?

I long for a race of blonde hair blue eyed women !

Blonde eyed blue haired women!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-02-11 13:16:30  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
No you don't lead a normal life with down syndrome. Living on doesn't mean living on normally.

inb4 someone says the usual bs "but normality is boring", yeah go cut your hand that'll make life "interesting".
It's more like losing a limb doesn't keep you from leading a normal life lol... It makes it more difficult but I mean... what do you do with your life? You think someone missing a limb can't live with their parents and talk to a bunch of other people on a gaming forum and play some video games?

There's handicapped people out there doing a lot more than that lol... That's not just some other person saying this to piss on you or anything but rather the truth.

Down syndrom affects someone more than that. Mental faculties are dulled and such.

All this is is a display of selfishness. I don't want this life that I brought into the world because it will make my own more difficult. I want a kid but not that kid... If that's your decision so be it but don't try to make it out to be anything other than that.

People who think such a way should be ashamed of themselves.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:23:46  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Holy ***, hell froze over. I'm agreeing with Nausi AND Amandarius in the same god damn day. (agreed with Amand in another thread)
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 13:24:49  
Bloodrose said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Holy ***, hell froze over. I'm agreeing with Nausi AND Amandarius in the same god damn day. (agreed with Amand in another thread)
About time!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:26:37  
I think it might be just a limited engagement though.

On the other hand, Amandarius hasn't been posting as much, and in comparison to our new and recent crackpot thread hijackers, both Amand and Nausi seem more reasonable than in the past.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:27:27  
Dear Diary I agreed with Nasui and it was the best day of my life.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:27:51  
fonewear said: »
Dear Diary I agreed with Nasui and it was the creepiest day of my life.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 13:28:00  
Lordgrim - uniting the FFXIAH community!

And you guys called him crazy for thinking he could do such a thing.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:29:06  
Lordgrim - uniting the FFXIAH community!

And you guys called him crazy for thinking he could do such a thing.
actually, we joked that it could become a reality.

Which was more horrifying than agreeing with anyone that held a different viewpoint than my own.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:29:52  
I'm crazier than all of you but I'm taking today off !

There can be only one certified insane person per video game forum !
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:30:38  
Ugh, now I have this crazy feeling that no matter what I do, i'll never feel clean again.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:33:47  
Bloodrose said: »
Ugh, now I have this crazy feeling that no matter what I do, i'll never feel clean again.

How to feel clean: Lick a bar of soap.
[+]