フォーラム » Windower » News » Plugin Deprecation - for real this time
Plugin Deprecation - for real this time
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-18 07:36:37  
There, a fix is now out, although the incorrect setting names will be deleted, so you need to set them again. If you don't want Config to auto-adjust your aspect ratio, set <AdjustAspectRatio> to false and set <AspectRatio> to the actual value you want it to use.
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2015-01-18 08:47:25  
Resolution 1920 x 1080, UI Scale 1x. I changed the settings file as follows and it's better. It's putting it at 16:9 instead of 16:10.
Code
<settings>
    <global>
        <AdjustAspectRatio>true</AdjustAspectRatio>
        <!--Will be ignored if "AdjustAspectRatio" is enabled-->
        <AspectRatio>1.6</AspectRatio>
        <!--1 is the game's maximum setting-->
        <MapDrawDistance>10</MapDrawDistance>
        <!--1 is the game's maximum setting-->
        <MobDrawDistance>10</MobDrawDistance>
        <!--Only integer values, 0 being the highest-->
        <AnimationFrameRate>0</AnimationFrameRate>
        <FootstepEffects>true</FootstepEffects>
        <!--2 for 30 FPS, 1 for 60 FPS, 0 for uncapped frame rates-->
        <FrameRateDivisor>2</FrameRateDivisor>
    </global>
</settings>
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-01-18 20:26:20  
First, 1920x1080 has an aspect ratio of 16:9, which is why it's doing that. If you want to force 16:10 (I really don't know why you would... but...), as Arcon said, you need to change AdjustAspectRatio to false. It even says right in the comment on the AspectRatio setting that it's ignored if AdjustAspectRatio is enabled (read: true).

Edit: I just re-read the thread. Yes, there's definitely a bug there. 16:9 (1920/1080 = 16/9 = 1.777777) is what the aspect ratio should be but, even though the in-game UI is showing it set to 16:9, it's very clearly not set to that.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-01-23 17:48:13  
I use two different characters on two different pcs. My 2nd character doesn't have Box Destroyer listed under Add-ons for Windower, where my first character does. I have the Update add-on and have tried //update and whatnot. Every few days, it'll download updates as I open it, just like the other cpu does. Any ideas on something I can try? This computer is on Windows XP if that makes any difference. Everything else runs fine.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-24 01:44:57  
Apparently it actually is due to Windows XP. For some reason the Windower Launcher bugs out when using Windows XP and doesn't update addons correctly. We're looking into why that is.
By Acacia 2015-01-26 09:36:58  
I don't think dressup is ready to replace BlinkMeNot. It causes me to blink randomly even when my armor hasn't changed. Sometimes after talking to NPCs or right after zoning or even when I'm just standing around in town doing nothing at all.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [674 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-30 12:37:23  
How does Timers actually know the extended duration on timers? Is duration recieved in a packet or is it calculating base + gear enhancements.

I'm just thinking that Timers would be an amazing addition to Gearswap itself so that you can commit actions based on the duration of the buff in aftercast or buffactive. Could probably also commit later evaluations, since timers so updating the Timer plugin each second in some manner anyway.
Code
if _timers["Phalanx"] < 30 then
    -- hey yo phalanx wearing soon
end

I know that gearswap can evaluate the buff duration calculating gear itself, but this is reinventing the wheel.

If it is evaluating gear to determine a timer, would you consider sharing the array of that gear, if not the entire source? Save someone a lot of time.

Also, this was necro'd by nice zombies. Don't be scared.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-30 13:18:48  
timers evaluates gear to determine duration, but server sends exact timestamps for when most major buffs will wear off whenever you gain/lose a buff (used in the new buff display)

you could pretty easily pull that data from the packet and generate alerts based on that for your own buffs, but obviously it would be more difficult for others'
By RolandJ 2016-11-30 13:48:45  
I would also like the addition of gearswap or a plugin tying into a code structure that pulls buff duration from packets rather than from hardcoded time calculations since the current method requires upkeep by the individual user in order for them to become accurate among different users with different duration gears. The new method wouldn't require almost any upkeep by the individual users since it would be intelligent on its own. I would prefer it to be in gearswap rather than plugin form myself.

That is, only if it doesn't require a lot of overhead/system resources. I feel like it could be done in a way that is light on resources, though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-30 14:00:16  
cant get duration of buffs you cast on other people from packets, so the current way is still needed