フォーラム » FFXI » General » HP Bayld Farming
HP Bayld Farming
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Alexandero
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-15 10:10:32  
Anyone found the most efficient method? Working on Epol so I need 10k.
By dustinfoley 2015-01-15 10:22:07  
None:

In theory colonization with ionis on is the most efficient.

Wildkeeper are only good if it is the event (3k per ki), otherwise you barely break even when it comes to bayld cost to participate and drops.

Lair give less bayld and less of a chance of H-P, but respawn in 5 minutes vs the 15 of colonization.

Your better off farming dynamis/alex and buying h-p. I still havent tried harvesting for them, and i know relying on soul pyres is ridiculous.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 10:22:08  
Do you multibox ?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-15 10:43:46  
*whistles quietly in a shady corner*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 10:44:30  
dustinfoley said: »
None: In theory colonization with ionis on is the most efficient. Wildkeeper are only good if it is the event (3k per ki), otherwise you barely break even when it comes to bayld cost to participate and drops. Lair give less bayld and less of a chance of H-P, but respawn in 5 minutes vs the 15 of colonization. Your better off farming dynamis/alex and buying h-p. I still havent tried harvesting for them, and i know relying on soul pyres is ridiculous.

Botting Lair reives is the best method. Assuming 2 characters, can probably push 200k bayld or so per week, per character, which converts to 60 HPBs. That's not including the direct drop of HPB from the treasure pool. So probably 150+ a week.

Legally? You're on your own there. The above method is the only reasonable method for getting large amounts. Doing reives or WKR for singles/boxes is way too frustrating and takes too long. Even finishing coalitions do not yield an acceptable amount of bayld, so converting them takes forever (i only do this when I get over 1million bayld, for 101 pieces).

Its definitely the most annoying process ever concocted for creating a weapon.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-15 10:48:53  
You're definitely under estimating lair yields Buukki.
The best zone to legitimately farm is Foret. You can make over 100k bayld an hour doing colonization reives there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 10:53:29  
I hadn't really calculated it, just going off of guesstimating. I'm sure its significantly higher.

Foret Col reives, I have never considered those. Will have to try them out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 10:59:04  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The best zone to legitimately farm is Foret. You can make over 100k bayld an hour doing colonization reives there.

But that calls into question the worth of farming bayld in general. 100k an hour sounds good, but starting from scratch it would take over 54 days of farming non-stop to build an ergon that way. If you have a better way of earning over 300-400k gil in an hour, go with that instead.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-01-15 11:00:51  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
But that calls into question the worth of farming bayld in general. 100k an hour sounds good, but starting from scratch it would take over 54 days of farming non-stop to build an ergon that way. If you have a better way of earning over 300-400k gil in an hour while you're afk, go with that instead.

Ftfy.

These guys made it pretty clear that they're talking about afk botting here. Just pointing that out incase someone genuinely thinks spending their free time churning out reives is what people do/is a good idea.

But yes, do something else to make money if you're not botting, there's a lot of HP bayld on sale because it's a pretty popular bot right now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 11:02:03  
Yeah. Bayld farming has proved largely ineffective for anyone looking to build an ergon. I wish SE would improve aged box yields, as well as add more zones which drop these. Would be interesting if the Nyzul Isle campaign has aged boxes as an appraisable item.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 11:02:54  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
But that calls into question the worth of farming bayld in general. 100k an hour sounds good, but starting from scratch it would take over 54 days of farming non-stop to build an ergon that way. If you have a better way of earning over 300-400k gil in an hour while you're afk, go with that instead.

Ftfy.

These guys made it pretty clear that they're talking about afk botting here. Just pointing that out incase someone genuinely thinks spending their free time churning out reives is what people do/is a good idea.

Even then, there are probably ways of botting more gil than that, but I see your point.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 11:03:33  

100k/hours with how many chars?

Thats a quite impressive number tbh. How is it possible?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 11:04:38  
I wish during the campaign, instead of a single HP Bayld, it was a guaranteed aged box instead.

I'd so take that over the low chance of Delve mats.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 11:06:13  
SE just needs to make content where people can actually solo farm a bunch of HP bayld reasonably. Having the economy depend on people botting and/or getting them inadvertently through other content is simply bad design.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-01-15 11:09:40  
Actually the best way to get bayld:

Do raz skirmish at 1 (torso) 5 (legs) 1 (head)

Zone in, get the noetic (recommend getting onyxy and bayld), zone out. Its 12k bayld and 1k onyx

With a full party you are getting about 12k bayld for 30-60s worth of work. Zone out, next person burns a ki. Can easily do 6x runs in 10 minutes (72k per person, 432k per group). So in an hour youd have 432k per person and 2.6m per group.

Obviously if you control all 6 characters (which some people are crazy enough to do) you get the full load.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 11:12:16  
I had an idea a while ago for a great event, but Square never listens. Kind of like NNI, except its with one character. PvE content, where you are in sort of a battle arena and you fight up the progressive ladder of stages (different monsters, NPCs, etc, kind of like Heroine Holdfast, except with one person). But thats besides the point.

I always liked how NNI dropped linens after 100 bosses, thought it was a nice treat. There's no reason why WKRs or Delve Bosses don't just drop aged boxes after a kill. It would give people more of an item to /seacom during delve, and would probably reignite some delve 1-2 interest among the players. Not to mention increasing overall HPB yields across all servers, as well as delve mats/+2s/etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 11:14:45  
dustinfoley said: »
Actually the best way to get bayld: Do raz skirmish at 1 (torso) 5 (legs) 1 (head) Zone in, get the noetic (recommend getting onyxy and bayld), zone out. Its 12k bayld and 1k onyx With a full party you are getting about 12k bayld for 30-60s worth of work. Zone out, next person burns a ki. Can easily do 6x runs in 10 minutes (72k per person, 432k per group). So in an hour youd have 432k per person and 2.6m per group. Obviously if you control all 6 characters (which some people are crazy enough to do) you get the full load.

This method is completely reliant on the supply of those skirmish parts, whereas the afk method doesn't require you to spend any money. I could see how this may work, but after you've exhausted the supply of those parts, then what?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-01-15 11:17:10  
well thanks to the AFK bots at reive, there's a pretty big supply of skirmish parts at a much cheaper price than before. lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 11:21:55  
Well said.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 11:22:57  
there's never a moment when there isn't a bazaar selling the simulacrum parts for cheap.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2015-01-15 11:24:32  
SE should have just added GEO and RUN mythics and created a whole line of new weapons (Ergon).

Resorting to 6 boxing and botting ruins the fun building a end-game weapon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 11:24:43  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
well thanks to the AFK bots at reive, there's a pretty big supply of skirmish parts at a much cheaper price than before. lol
You're welcome...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-15 11:31:16  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
SE should have just added GEO and RUN mythics and created a whole line of new weapons (Ergon). Resorting to 6 boxing and botting ruins the fun building a end-game weapon.

Knowing Square, their excuse is probably "Cuz Lore".
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 11:33:11  
Then they'd have to add relic weapons to them as well, creating more lore - which they didn't even do for the Aht Urghan jobs.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-01-15 11:36:53  
too bad wkr event is over, at 3k a pop and 20-25 mins a kill solo you can rack up like 100k per hour. I don't know why ppl doing the new area wkr for balyd when the original 3 can be solo in 20-25 mins.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-15 11:43:47  

But that calls into question the worth of farming bayld in general. 100k an hour sounds good, but starting from scratch it would take over 54 days of farming non-stop to build an ergon that way. If you have a better way of earning over 300-400k gil in an hour, go with that instead.

The problem with buying is supply. Botters help but I make more Balyd a day on a single character than a 4 box botter farming lair reives 24/7.

54 days is less than 2 months, that's not really something to complain about or act as if its a deterrent.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 11:49:39  

The problem with buying is supply. Botters help but I make more Balyd a day on a single character than a 4 box botter farming lair reives 24/7.

54 days is less than 2 months, that's not really something to complain about or act as if its a deterrent.

As someone who doesn't bot, 54 days is a long time to spend farming reives. If I spent 2 hours a day doing it, it would take 648 days, just to put that in perspective.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-15 11:54:44  
Do 2 circuits of all the colonization reives in Foret you will make about 200k bayld and up 8 direct HP-Bayld drops with some luck.

When you have spare time/bored. Morimar is also good for circuits but reives go down gas and have a long repop.

You can walk of Adoulin and plan a route to Ra'Kaznar. Hitting all reives along the path will net you a few 100k Bayld and several HPs.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-01-15 11:55:24  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
SE should have just added GEO and RUN mythics and created a whole line of new weapons (Ergon).

Resorting to 6 boxing and botting ruins the fun building a end-game weapon.

Agreed, but because SoA is actually a pretty content-rich expansion and everybody should have some long-term incentive to move around it, not just GEOs and RUNs.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-15 12:06:48  
Do 2 circuits of all the colonization reives in Foret you will make about 200k bayld and up 8 direct HP-Bayld drops with some luck.

When you have spare time/bored. Morimar is also good for circuits but reives go down gas and have a long repop.

You can walk of Adoulin and plan a route to Ra'Kaznar. Hitting all reives along the path will net you a few 100k Bayld and several HPs.

Right, but either one of those amounts to about .20-.25% of the cost of an Ergon. I'm not saying it doesn't help or it's not a good method of earning bayld, it's just a lot of friggin' grinding if that's your primary method.
First Page 2 3