users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Black Belt items
Black Belt items
 Fairy.Borat
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Borat
By Fairy.Borat 2009-08-18 05:10:20  
Looking for different ways to obtain the Black Belt. I know, obviously I could get into an HNMLS which I've tried but I do have a full time job and would rather find a different way if I could. I've been saving KSs to do the KS fights but rarely see shouts.

Does anyone know of any HNMLS's on the Fairy server that concentrate primarily on these items or possibly does the KSNM fights for these items. Also open to any suggestions that I have not thought of.

I was thinking of shouting in WG for an LS (which is how I found a CoP static LS) but I didn't want to sound like a complete nab just yet :) so I figured I'd ask on here first lol. Any job combinations that can duo/trio some of the NM's or ideas would be appreciated. Also, anyone looking to do the same, send me a /tell in game and we can get something together. Thanks
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2009-08-18 06:05:08  
pld/nin can solo behe nq with a very good stuff, duo or trio with a support brd or rdm.Of course better to have a thf too cause drop rate sux on nq (carefull thf take hate fast on this ***).

pld/nin and a skilled rdm can duo ada, trio with a brd better cause of adds, another dd for kill adds/speed up thing can help...

fafnir is only one you cant do low number...well just go in Da and shout a offer when tod gettin close.
Or find 12-18 plps and try the wyrm ks 99, you can also camp the Bc, some plps can always sell or give the item if they dont need, happen more often than plp think...
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-18 06:37:17  
Well trying to low man the NM's means you're still competing with HNM shells for the most part, as well as getting ToD's and camping the damn things for hours on end, so expect to waste a lot of your life up there. Then even if you do kill them, they have a pretty shitty drop rate on BB items.

As Thedreamer says, Faf isn't quite so easy to low-man, however most people doing KS99 will be doing this one, as it has a chance to drop speed belt while the other two have a chance to drop crap.

If joining a HNM shell really is out of the question, then your best bet is probably going to be to live in Behemoth's Dominon and Valley of Sorrows when the windows are in your time, and then camp Giddeus BC when they're not.

Good luck.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-18 06:42:45  
I just recently made a deal with a linkshell in order to get my g/f her BB. I got like 700 KS and the deal is that I'll sponsor KS99 runs, they get to keep everything that drops except for BB item that would go to my g/f. Ask around, if this is something you'd wanna do and if you got a crap load of KS that you arent using.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-18 06:45:28  
Lol, *** that for a joke, any half decent alliance can win KS99's without much trouble, no way would I be giving up that many KS's and sacrificing everything but BB items. Better to do KS99's with a shell, and find a few people that don't have MNK to give you their BB items if it drops on their runs.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-18 06:49:53  
Blazza said:
Lol, *** that for a joke, any half decent alliance can win KS99's without much trouble, no way would I be giving up that many KS's and sacrificing everything but BB items. Better to do KS99's with a shell, and find a few people that don't have MNK to give you their BB items if it drops on their runs.

I got that many KS for a reason, i dont use them lol. And tbh, if it makes my g/f (real life g/f) happy to get a BB, its alot more worth to me than my seals or what i could get from them.
 Fairy.Borat
サーバ: Fairy
user: Borat
By Fairy.Borat 2009-08-19 18:01:41  
Thanks for the suggestions.

I went out to Behemoth's Dominion today and there was quite a few ppl out there camping (HNMLS's). Looks like it may be a problem getting the claim and trying to low man it. I have about 300KSs atm so I may ask around in the Sky LS to see if anyone is interested in KS99's.

I've also been looking at some HNMLS websites to see if any of them seem like good ones to join. Havn't seen any yet but I only looked at a few so far.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-19 18:27:38  
They changed the rage behavior of the kings and NQ ones. They now seem to rage earlier. But I may be wrong. I only had the opportunity to kill 2 after the update. I used to be able to 2-3 man Behemoth, but not anymore. Good luck on the Black Belt items though. It took me almost a year to get 1 piece. (granted I have a rule about not buying the items, so I had to get claim and kill.)
 Seraph.Arkangelsk
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Arkangelsk 2009-08-19 19:34:09  
If you have the gil to buy the items was around 6.5Mil for me(1.5Meach for tongue and beard and 3.5M for egg), you can camp the NMs everyday and offer to buy from the LS that kills them if their willing to sell it of course. For Behemoth and Turtle its best to camp with at least 1 other person and try to low man it if you can get claim; my gf and I duo'd Behe twice and turtle 3 times for no drops; thus I ended up buying them. Doing it this way took me like 4months to get all 3 items.
 Seraph.Greyfin
user: Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2009-08-19 19:59:02  
Who the hell did you pay on seraph that it cost you that much?
 Seraph.Arkangelsk
By Seraph.Arkangelsk 2009-08-19 20:07:20  
Well the reason it cost me so much in the case of the tongue and egg is because there were others tryn to buy them at the same time I was outbidding their offer they had in their seacom. My gf actually bought the beard for me and didnt make an offer she just traded the max amount I told her she could spend on it. I got tongue from toki beard from finale and egg from sou.

and when it came to egg I was fed up with waiting it had been like 6 weeks of straight camping everyday so I was willing to pay more at that point.