New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Black sollerets or Marine M boots
Black sollerets or Marine M boots
 Bismarck.Mitchel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2009-08-17 09:10:35  
I have these as WS pieces for DRK, TP in dusk, but having both is a bit redundant. Just after suggestions as to which is the more preferential piece, they've both pros and cons, extra atk for guill on black but more general survivability and acc on marine.

Ideally i want to use the gil from selling one of them to fund other pieces. Aiming for either rutter or amir boots eventually, but that could be awhile. Advice appreciated.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-17 09:23:51  
Mitchel said:
Black Sollerets

Marine Boots

I have these as WS pieces for DRK, TP in dusk, but having both is a bit redundant. Just after suggestions as to which is the more preferential piece, they've both pros and cons, extra atk for guill on black but more general survivability and acc on marine.

Ideally i want to use the gil from selling one of them to fund other pieces. Aiming for either rutter or amir boots eventually, but that could be awhile. Advice appreciated.

I would go with the Sollerets. From what I remember DRK WS have both INT and MND mods, which the marine boots have negative stats for.
 Fairy.Courtney
サーバ: Fairy
user: LadyKiya
By Fairy.Courtney 2009-08-17 09:26:01  
I use the Marine on my drk
 Caitsith.Xiong
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-08-17 09:27:31  
I would go w/ Solleret's and don't waste your time on rutter or amir. Change to Chaos Sollerets+1 if you can though. If you need the acc from amir, just put acc else where.
 Bismarck.Nadesco
user: nadesco
By Bismarck.Nadesco 2009-08-17 09:48:20  
for drk WS i use these
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=14180

over all your better off using dusk feet for TP or Homam Gambieras. then just change gear for weapon skills.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2009-08-17 10:43:19  
Thanks for the helpful replies.
Sollerets seems like the favorite.

As much as i would prefer to be using AF+1 or the abjuration gear, im 72 and only part way through CoP/ZM so they arent really viable choices for the foreseeable future but definitely something to aim for. Thats why i was looking at AH purchasable or slightly more attainable pieces.
Cheers