Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-31 11:26:15  
Nazrious said: »
fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
But Kim taught me that sex tapes can boost me from relative obscurity to having a televised wedding on E!

Kim is the American dream famous for being umm having a big butt and umm other stuff.

Plus marketing you got to market your sex tape to the right people.

Capitalism is the best thing ever, we have chicks with big butts while you ogle turnips commie scum.

QED.

I thinks its more to do with genetic diversity than capitalism... butt implants maybe but big butts are not uncommon in my neck of the woods.

I just need to find myself a young Armenian woman then...

Umm... I live in the US, there are Armenians here but Latinas seem to have the best proportions.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-31 11:28:12  
Mah Boi!!!
By fonewear 2014-12-31 11:28:37  
I do appreciate the shapely proportions of a fine young Latina...

I'm easily distracted now I must further "research" fine young Latinas.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-31 11:33:26  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Added to the problem is that these conditions frequently manifest from ages 17-25, so frequently these teens turn into young adults in college or living on their own as part of the workforce and it becomes even more difficult for them.

what country are you living in? I'm pretty sure staying with your parents until you're 30 is in vogue right now.
Multi-generation households are on the increase, and have been for years.

Apparently 57 million in 2012, more than double the 1970 rate.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2014/07/17/in-post-recession-era-young-adults-drive-continuing-rise-in-multi-generational-living/

(obvious warning of data/possible manipulation).

I went looking for trends in other nations, but got bored, I've been under the impression that it's even more common in other countries, could be wrong though.
By Nazrious 2014-12-31 11:36:03  
Not disagreeing, that would fall under the understanding part.

I suppose so, as long as the implication is understanding when you need to take it up a notch and get medical professionals involved.

Like in your example, once their fever is that high and the Tylenol hasn't helped, maybe consider a trip to the ER.

Yeah I'm already in the doctor/ walk-in /ER at 103(constant), I dont play fast and loose with my kids. I also use Tylenol once the fever hits 101+ especially at bed time.

Was more an example of how parents have to put aside their beliefs and perfect future dream to take care of the here and now.

Kid pukin green, spinning head, floating? You are atheist? Tough suck it up and call in the exorcist.

Kid always depressed? you are against drugs? Tough ( naturalist remedies are drugs but w/e) time to get a medication or physical therapy plan in place. Yeah you can induce harmonal changes through physical routines.

Also keep a close eye on your children, no locked/ closed doors, all passwords to the sites they visit, read their diary, etc etc. Think of them as the KGB and yourself as the CIA, in this situation, they are different and you don't even speak the same language. They need to know you are watching, just not how much.

Government doing the same is big brother. A parent doing this is parenting, its a ton of work and they will hate you for it.

But...

Alive, not addicted to drugs, life able to be made into something more than McDonalds employee of the month. Then after 21 drop em like its hot and run away.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-12-31 12:08:15  
It's tragic to see someone so young get depressed to the point of committing suicide.

And lol @all the people who think they're immune to mental illness & contemplating suicide.

Regardless of your take on this, it doesn't do anyone any good to make fun of someone who passed away in such fashion. The constructive thing to do is to analyze why it happened and try to prevent possible future incidents.

@Seha Suicide is never an easy decision, and victims probably spend years in depression before actually attempting it. And they "progress" from the stages of having the thought to contemplating it, into planning and then actually attempting it (physicians have to ask specifically about these details when inquiring about suicidal ideation).
[+]
 Shiva.Katharyn
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-12-31 12:11:13  
Wow... Actually made it to page 4 before derailing in absurdity. But i'm kind of glad my point was proven within the first page, few had anything good to say or understand why this is important, or really understand transgender issues at all, or even feminism (as somehow that got mixed in), but that was known a while ago, but I'm amazed this is the only place so far that i've visited with negative things to say... Is this the unofficial 4chan site? Because we got pictures everywhere, anti-feminism, and a lot of bullcrap about it and transgender issues.

*sigh*

Oh well, no point in sticking around this thread, nothing good will come from it.
Have a great new year, I'll see myself out hun, thanks though!

*slams the door behind her*
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-31 12:12:24  
Rude.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 12:21:40  
Shiva.Katharyn said: »
Wow... Actually made it to page 4 before derailing in absurdity. But i'm kind of glad my point was proven within the first page, few had anything good to say or understand why this is important, or really understand transgender issues at all, or even feminism (as somehow that got mixed in), but that was known a while ago, but I'm amazed this is the only place so far that i've visited with negative things to say... Is this the unofficial 4chan site? Because we got pictures everywhere, anti-feminism, and a lot of bullcrap about it and transgender issues.

*sigh*

Oh well, no point in sticking around this thread, nothing good will come from it.
Have a great new year, I'll see myself out hun, thanks though!

*slams the door behind her*

What does this have to do with feminism again ?
By fonewear 2014-12-31 12:23:06  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
It's tragic to see someone so young get depressed to the point of committing suicide.

And lol @all the people who think they're immune to mental illness & contemplating suicide.

Regardless of your take on this, it doesn't do anyone any good to make fun of someone who passed away in such fashion. The constructive thing to do is to analyze why it happened and try to prevent possible future incidents.

@Seha Suicide is never an easy decision, and victims probably spend years in depression before actually attempting it. And they "progress" from the stages of having the thought to contemplating it, into planning and then actually attempting it (physicians have to ask specifically about these details when inquiring about suicidal ideation).

Making fun clearly you are mistaken this is a serious issue that requires serious well thought out solutions !

None of which you will find here...
By Nazrious 2014-12-31 12:25:52  
words ofanger, lack of understanding, knee jerk reaction....

WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND OUR NEED TO EXPRESS OURSELVES VIA HUMOR!!!

Mixed in the lulz were very salient points, which will not be read or understood by people in the attack mindset, hell almost as if posted just to be able to post a tantrum post and storm off.

Lulz.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-12-31 12:27:44  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

Making fun clearly you are mistaken this is a serious issue that requires serious well thought out solutions !

None of which you will find here...
The above doesn't apply to you, Fone. You're exempt from it.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 12:30:09  
words ofanger, lack of understanding, knee jerk reaction....

WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND OUR NEED TO EXPRESS OURSELVES VIA HUMOR!!!

Mixed in the lulz were very salient points, which will not be read or understood by people in the attack mindset, hell almost as if posted just to be able to post a tantrum post and storm off.

Lulz.

I'm not a jerk in real life on the internet however...all is fair and love and suicide !
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-31 12:37:17  
What does this have to do with feminism again ?

since he/she identified as a female his/her issues are supported by feminists, unless he/she registers as a republican, then him/her gets the sarah palin/michelle backman treatment.

They have over sized score cards with little boxes that you have them all checked off correctly.... was she a vegan or supportive of vegetarianism? did she wear fur? all this sort of thing...

of course by the time they checked off all the boxes and cleared her for support it was too late...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 12:37:55  
Thank you for clearing that up.

Side note: I think we should create a score cards for a dear posters here at FFXIAH...
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-12-31 12:50:21  
It is truly unfortunate that this person was not able to receive sufficient support in their time of need.

The relative proportion is fairly significant, although there can be some question as to how the classification is done (I'm assuming it is self-identified as transgendered).

On an unrelated note, I'm curious how many people were in boy scouts(or foreign equivalent)?
How many are Eagle Scouts?
By fonewear 2014-12-31 12:51:13  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
It is truly unfortunate that this person was not able to receive sufficient support in their time of need.

The relative proportion is fairly significant, although there can be some question as to how the classification is done (I'm assuming it is self-identified as transgendered).

On an unrelated note, I'm curious how many people were in boy scouts(or foreign equivalent)?

I would say very few make it to Eagle.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-31 13:28:44  

I was a Life Scout, but the last few years I was just going through the motions to help out the troop leader with the younger guys. I discovered girls and music involvement and my motivation to do anything with scouts was minimal.

A lot of the Eagle Scouts I do know didn't even care and were pushed the whole way by their parents, though.

It looks crazy good on college and early job resumes.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-12-31 13:41:07  
Thank you for clearing that up.

No problemo.

and you don't even have to register republican if you would rather not have the support of modern feminists... simply...

shoot a gun
wear fur
eat a cheeseburger
drive an SUV
wear a dress made out of meat
punch the next restaurateur that advertises "local and organic"
get breast implants and/or a nose job
grow a pair of balls
wear a bra to a sarah mclachlan concert
have an opinion that differs from any of their current members think for yourself
watch pbs and not become a member
watch a show about the kardashians
make a sex tape
give bill clinton a blowie
talk to your friend about it
keep the blue dress
refuse to wear hemp
smoke indoors
get pregnant from having sex
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-31 13:42:22  
Well I do enjoy guns and fur coats. So that is two right off the bat.

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-12-31 14:05:53  
My main gripe w/ this whole story is the method of suicide more than anything else.

Well, of course I think suicide is dumb to begin with, but idk what people are going through, what they're feeling, etc. That said, if you're going to kill yourself, then don't involve anyone else.

She could have killed a lot of people by jumping in front of that truck (the driver obviously, and even though she didn't, probably traumatized the ***out of him; and then anyone else on the road as well). Regardless of circumstances, whether or not they thought about it, etc. That's just outright *** stupid.

That said, the parents are *** for everything prior to that point.
By Nazrious 2014-12-31 14:38:41  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
My main gripe w/ this whole story is the method of suicide more than anything else.

Well, of course I think suicide is dumb to begin with, but idk what people are going through, what they're feeling, etc. That said, if you're going to kill yourself, then don't involve anyone else.

She could have killed a lot of people by jumping in front of that truck (the driver obviously, and even though she didn't, probably traumatized the ***out of him; and then anyone else on the road as well). Regardless of circumstances, whether or not they thought about it, etc. That's just outright *** stupid.

That said, the parents are *** for everything prior to that point.

Careful not respecting the choice of it to jump in front of the truck shows your pro truck anti lgbt feminist leaning.

Seriously though, slightly better like 10% parenting could have allowed for this kid to grow up full of resentment/hate, like the rest of us.

Brings to mind the Daffy duck vs Bugs Bunny magic competition or w/e where he shoots himself to prove he is better.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2014-12-31 15:16:22  
"choice of it"

Glad I'm not the only one who would rather say It than He or She.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-31 15:21:01  
Calling someone an 'It' is purposefully degrading. But if that's what you were going for...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-31 15:27:28  

I was a Life Scout, but the last few years I was just going through the motions to help out the troop leader with the younger guys. I discovered girls and music involvement and my motivation to do anything with scouts was minimal.

A lot of the Eagle Scouts I do know didn't even care and were pushed the whole way by their parents, though.

That was one of my key motivations for getting Eagle.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-12-31 15:34:12  
Someone confirm what I think I may have understood from this thread;
in the US, Teens can change their gender?

-Do they need their parents consent?
-Do they need a professional medical endorsement?
-Is it covered by insurance?
-Can Teens get credit cards, take a mortgage without an income, drink alcohol legally and have open sexual relationships?
-Are they required to inform the people they are dating that they were once a male/female and cannot have children?
-Wait, can they have children?
 Asura.Zizek
サーバ: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2014-12-31 15:37:35  
Oh, yeah. You're a hardass real man, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood (before he went soft) and Grizzly Adams all up in one
By Altimaomega 2014-12-31 15:40:56  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

That was one of my key motivations for getting Eagle.

Don't wanna brag but hey why not..
Eagle Scout, President of my FFA chapter, Starter in Basketball, Baseball, and Football.. And had girlfriends! My parents never pushed me to do anything. (I'm sure they wanted me to do less..)
By Blazed1979 2014-12-31 15:45:56  
Is it true Eminem is gay?

I saw him say so on the Interview.
Peekaboo
 Fenrir.Ginny
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ginny 2014-12-31 16:39:52  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
"choice of it"

Glad I'm not the only one who would rather say It than He or She.

Never refer to a trans person, or any person as "It". She identified as female, use female name, pronouns.

Just when I think I couldn't set the bar any lower for some of you, you manage to dig under it.

Seriously, what the every loving *** is wrong with people, that they must make light of a young woman's death.

This isn't an isolated incident, over 41% of transgender people surveyed reported attempting suicide at some point in their lives. It's a hard road, that we don't really choose any more than someone "chooses" to see a doctor about a broken leg.

For the past several years, I have volunteered with a suicide helpline, specializing in LGBTQIA people. Calls regarding trans youth and adults are generally referred to myself. I average 8-10 calls within the couple hours I am able to devote every single day. There I times I can talk them down, there are times where I have to notify the local authorities, and there are times when the authorities are too late. Every single call is heartbreaking, and I've been in their place myself, as a teen and an adult.

I didn't know Leelah, but I understand why she did it. When the people who should love us unconditionally, our families, our friends, and communities reject us, especially at such a young age, there are little to no resources, and it can seem like there is absolutely no way out and no one that cares. That isolation takes it's toll quickly, especially when you're that young.

Then you have the added bonus of puberty, hanging over your head not unlike the Sword of Damocles. Without timely intervention, male puberty causes irreversible effects, particularly with skeletal growth and deepening of the the voice. Puberty blockers in particular cause no negative side effects, and only pause puberty until medical professionals (therapists, endocrinologists) and the patient are sure this is right for them. It can mean the difference between going through female puberty, or requiring tens of thousands of dollars worth of surgery (not even counting sexual reassignment surgery) in order to pass as female.

With the stress from all of that, and no one to turn to, and a society that still treats us as worthless and disposable, it is little wonder why Leelah and so many others choose this route. Things need to change, and people shouldn't have to die in order to spark that change.

Her parents kept taking her to "Christian therapists" that practiced reparative therapy, basically from the same people who said they could cure homosexuality (they couldn't) now say they can cure transgender people (they can't). Their methods range from the inane (pray away the gay!) to physically abusive and barbaric. The people who have undergone such programs require actual therapy for years, or for the rest of their lives, to attempt to recover. Many never do.

These methods have been thoroughly debunked and denounced by medical professionals, and California recently passed a law making it illegal. The rest of the nation needs to follow suit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10