Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 30 31 32
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-05 21:29:12  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
If you can't figure out why major cities are blue and why the outermost suburban districts and country regions are red then god help you.
That's easy to figure out. Cities are full of people who demand to live a life of services that they don't pay for. So they all get together and vote to tax the rest of the state's people so they pay for them.

The people in the rural areas are independent and do without but pay for it for the people in the cities. Case in point is public transportation. riding that subway in Boston costs way more than the 3 bucks (or whatever) an individual ride costs. It is subsidized by people who rarely ever get to use it.

Now most people take issue with charity, especially when they're perfectly capable paying their own way. Not liberals though, their over inflated sense of entitlement makes them immune from any guilt whatsoever in asking for the handout. It's pretty much a mental illness.

Mental illness is trying to validate your Boston public transportation argument. Boston is 2/3rds the total population of Massachusetts. Greater Boston's population actually exceeds the state population. So its an interesting argument that 1/3 is paying more than the 2/3s since there are higher taxes in the city.
Just, no.

1st of all Boston the city has about 650k in it. The state itself has around 6.5 mil. Of the people within reach of the MBTA, Only about 1.3 million use it (2010). Those 1.3 million get their ride in part paid for by people like me who don't use it if at all possible. What's worse is that of all the people I subsidize, some are people from out of state. Those people get an even bigger free ride on my dime than my fellow in-state-rs.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 21:31:03  
If you can't figure out why major cities are blue and why the outermost suburban districts and country regions are red then god help you.
That's easy to figure out. Cities are full of people who demand to live a life of services that they don't pay for. So they all get together and vote to tax the rest of the state's people so they pay for them.

The people in the rural areas are independent and do without but pay for it for the people in the cities. Case in point is public transportation. riding that subway in Boston costs way more than the 3 bucks (or whatever) an individual ride costs. It is subsidized by people who rarely ever get to use it.

Now most people take issue with charity, especially when they're perfectly capable paying their own way. Not liberals though, their over inflated sense of entitlement makes them immune from any guilt whatsoever in asking for the handout. It's pretty much a mental illness.

Mental illness is trying to validate your Boston public transportation argument. Boston is 2/3rds the total population of Massachusetts. Greater Boston's population actually exceeds the state population. So its an interesting argument that 1/3 is paying more than the 2/3s since there are higher taxes in the city.

Your analogy depicts a better view of mental illness than Nausi ever could.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 21:42:03  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Altimaomega said: »
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/here-s-what-a-republican-takeover-looks-likes-20141105

Sickening how red Michigan is, yet the Detroit area still decides who our senator will be. Even more sickening that other states are exactly the same way (although I'm not as fluent politically in them). It all comes back to low information voters of the big city's who only care about handouts and other gayness. Democrat's are a plague upon the United states.

That setup works to both parties' advantage depending on the situation. For example, Republicans get 14 Senate seats for the price of 2 when you compare Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, North Dakota, and South Dakota vs. Oregon. If you ignored gerrymandering, large areas of low population could lean one way, while multiples of their population in a concentrated area like Detroit lean the other. It's deceptive to use a map showing one city being liberal with the entire nearly uninhabited rest of the state being conservative as some kind of injustice, MOST of the people live in the city.

Ummm yea that is what I said..... Thanks for showing your intelligence.

No, you said people in the city are dumb and take handouts, if there weren't more people in the city than the country, what you describe would be mathematically impossible. You know math, the thing with numbers and sometimes letters...
People who don't vote most every opportunity are low information voters. They only pay attention every 4 years, when there's enough money in the election cycle to grab their attention. I mean how much can you really know when you can only be bothered to pay attention for a few weeks every 4 years?

You can know enough to vote democrat, that's how much.

Infrequent voters tend to vote on social policies like women's rights, democrats fit their views at least in rhetoric. Being informed doesn't make you vote Republican. Are you that full of yourself?

And there it is. You are 100% right about the infrequent voters. What you fail to understand is they vote in droves for the democrats that promise them the world but Never keep those promise's. Case in point.

The really sad part is, it works every damn time!

You said they vote for the party that's gives them welfare. Don't mince words, you know what you meant.

I've said clearly many times that party is irrelevant. Neither party is fiscally responsible, neither actually does anything for their base. The only things that they do are get re-elected and cater to their campaign supporters. I'm for removing political party from ballots. If you want to talk about being informed, I'd like to see how many people vote for the "wrong" guy when they don't have a cheat-sheet of what partisan line to roll down.

Typical democrat, putting words in my mouth and telling me what I meant. You choose to read it the only way you know how. (To fit your agenda) If you don't understand the difference between welfare and handouts you are the problem with this country.

I'm for removing political party's not just from ballots but altogether. It's the only way to bring responsibility back into politics. But it will never happen unless something dire happens.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-05 21:44:55  

Just, no.

1st of all Boston the city has about 650k in it. The state itself has around 6.5 mil. Of the people within reach of the MBTA, Only about 1.3 million use it (2010). Those 1.3 million get their ride in part paid for by people like me who don't use it if at all possible. What's worse is that of all the people I subsidize, some are people from out of state. Those people get an even bigger free ride on my dime than my fellow in-state-rs.

Greater Metropolitan Boston is 4.6 Million, or did you want to just cherry pick the centralized portion? There are districts, neighborhoods and business centers adjacent. Areas in which the public transportation system services. What is considered the commuting population of the Great Metropolitan area of Boston is 7.6 Million. Where as the states population is only 6.5Million.

Your argument about who is paying the share of taxes for municipal services like public transportation is invalid and highly inaccurate.

Also indicative of a lack of understanding of how metropolitan areas work.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 21:45:20  

Just, no.

Boston City has 646K, Boston Metropolitan has 4.61M. That's more than 2/3 of the population of the state. Public transit is handled for Greater Boston, not just the "city of". The majority if MBTA's funding comes from the state and is distributed from the taxes for the areas where it operates, a further 5% coming from state taxes. So, the people who have access to it pay for 95% of it. Basically, you are saying that they are getting a free ride because 2/3 of the people pay for 95% of the cost and 1/3 pay for 5%?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 21:48:34  
Typical democrat, putting words in my mouth and telling me what I meant. You choose to read it the only way you know how. (To fit your agenda) If you don't understand the difference between welfare and handouts you are the problem with this country.

I'm for removing political party's not just from ballots but altogether. It's the only way to bring responsibility back into politics. But it will never happen unless something dire happens.

It all comes back to low information voters of the big city's who only care about handouts and other gayness. Democrat's are a plague upon the United states.

Is there any other way to read this?! No, the answer is no, there is no other way to read this.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-05 21:57:14  

Just, no.

Boston City has 646K, Boston Metropolitan has 4.61M. That's more than 2/3 of the population of the state. Public transit is handled for Greater Boston, not just the "city of". The majority if MBTA's funding comes from the state and is distributed from the taxes for the areas where it operates, a further 5% coming from state taxes. So, the people who have access to it pay for 95% of it. Basically, you are saying that they are getting a free ride because 2/3 of the people pay for 95% of the cost and 1/3 pay for 5%?

First off, There is no "MBTA tax" that comes from my paycheck, I live in MA, within the usage area of the MBTA. I don't get a special tax because of it. If I wanna go into Boston it's an option but its a hassle and often inconvenient to the point where I would rather pay the 30 bucks and save the extra hour. I pay for it and I don't use it. I'd rather not pay for something I don't use. Is this that hard for you to understand?

We both know it's not too hard for you, you just think I should be forced to pay for it even though I don't use it because.... reasons.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 21:59:59  

Just, no.

First off, There is no "MBTA tax" that comes from my paycheck, I live in MA, within the usage area of the MBTA. I don't get a special tax because of it. If I wanna go into Boston it's an option but its a hassle and often inconvenient to the point where I would rather pay the 30 bucks and save the extra hour. I pay for it and I don't use it. I'd rather not pay for something I don't use. Is this that hard for you to understand?

We both know it's not too hard for you, you just think I should be forced to pay for it even though I don't use it because.... reasons.

Pay for my Healthcare and retirement while you're at it chump!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-05 22:01:20  
No way. I'm a racist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-05 22:01:28  
There is no "MBTA tax" that comes from my paycheck, I live in MA, within the usage area of the MBTA.

Then you would know that 20% of the average 5% sales tax (6.5% in Boston) in the state of Massachusetts funds the MBTA.

You would also know it services over 175 cities and towns, not just Boston proper.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 22:03:26  

It all comes back to low information voters of the big city's who only care about handouts and other gayness. Democrat's are a plague upon the United states.

Is there any other way to read this?! No, the answer is no, there is no other way to read this.

Hahahahaha now you're taking the whole conversation out of context because you can't wrap your mind around the difference between handouts and welfare. SMH.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 22:03:36  

Just, no.

It doesn't have to be a separate tax, taxes are distributed based on where they are collected. Even if they don't put your state taxes into an account that says "stuff Nausi wants to pay for", they track the rates paid based on population density and demographics and distribute it accordingly.

Plenty of people pay for public programs they don't use or agree with, it's a necessary evil. Someone who doesn't own a car still pays for road construction, people who have never had a fire still pay for the fire departments, etc. There's plenty of things my tax dollars pay for that I'd rather they didn't. If we want roads and police and fire departments, we all have pay for it. I don't think you believe that privatized transportation, police, and fire departments were a good idea.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 22:05:19  

Hahahahaha now you're taking the whole conversation out of context because you can't wrap your mind around the difference between handouts and welfare. SMH.

I'll give you an out, what is the difference between a handout in this context and welfare? Name some specific "handouts and other gayness"...
By fonewear 2014-11-05 22:05:23  
This dissertation on taxes is amazing can you summarize it in ten words or less ?

I don't read anything with more than ten words.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 22:06:19  
fonewear said: »
This dissertation on taxes is amazing can you summarize it in ten words or less ?

Everyone pays for services, whether they use them or not.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-05 22:07:19  
Taxes sucks but at least you don't have Hep C...yet. Maybe B or A but C is just the average STD.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 22:07:38  
Why do democrat think they are entitled to money and service they have not earned?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-05 22:09:14  
Entitled to money ? Hmm birth control maybe money requires some effort.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 22:09:52  
Why do democrat think they are entitled to money and service they have not earned?

Why do you think you've earned something they haven't?

Also 15 > 10
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-05 22:13:40  
fonewear said: »

Everyone pays for services, whether they use them or not.

RuhRoh you opened yourself up for one of those Obama "You didn't build those roads and interstate highway systems of the Eisenhower Administration when we had 90% income tax rate, that have allowed you to prosper" gaffs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-05 22:21:34  
This talk of gaffs gave we a weird thought. I hope Chris Christie runs against Joe Biden in 2016. Campaigns are better when both candidates don't know how or when to shut up.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 22:23:11  

I'll give you an out, what is the difference between a handout in this context and welfare? Name some specific "handouts and other gayness"...

Other gayness is meant to be about abortion, women's rights, and well gayness... etc, etc, etc. You know the stuff that should be taking backseat to Jobs, economy, debt, wars.. etc,etc,etc.

As for the difference between welfare and handouts.

Welfare and food stamps are meant for people down and out for a short time and is suppose to be used as a safety net. It becomes a handout when people live their entire lives even generations on it.

So many forms of government assistance exists that are abused and used to sway votes I am not about to list them for you. If you really care about the way things are maybe you should get on the internet and do some actual research into what our government spends tax payer money on. If it doesn't piss you off please move to a different country or at least stop voting!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 22:25:09  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
This talk of gaffs gave we a weird thought. I hope Chris Christie runs against Joe Biden in 2016. Campaigns are better when both candidates don't know how or when to shut up.

I'd like to see the crack mayor from Toronto in the mix, too. The last couple election cycles have barely been entertaining enough to soften the depression and lost faith in humanity.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-05 22:28:35  
Just print more money. Problem solved.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-05 22:28:45  

Other gayness is meant to be about abortion, women's rights, and well gayness... etc, etc, etc. You know the stuff that should be taking backseat to Jobs, economy, debt, wars.. etc,etc,etc.

Welfare and food stamps are meant for people down and out for a short time and is suppose to be used as a safety net. It becomes a handout when people live their entire lives even generations on it.

So many forms of government assistance exists that are abused and used to sway votes I am not about to list them for you. If you really care about the way things are maybe you should get on the internet and do some actual research into what our government spends tax payer money on. If it doesn't piss you off please move to a different country or at least stop voting!

Was this post sponsored by Pure Michigan?
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 22:29:04  

Why do you think you've earned something they haven't?

Also 15 > 10

Because I pay with cash that I have earned through service's. You know the exact opposite of what people that receive handouts from the government do.

Also the way it works in your world 15=0 or even worse 15<0
When it should be 15=15
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 22:29:37  

When you got nothing post^
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 22:33:17  

So, by handouts you didn't mean welfare, you meant welfare? I don't like the idea of people depending on assistance long-term, why would I want to support people who don't want to support themselves? The problem is nobody wants to approach the problem pragmatically. Leftists think that disadvantage is insurmountable, rightists think that welfare recipients don't want to get out of poverty (neither is completely untrue) But, neither side will focus on the data and work at actually solving the economic and societal problems that create and persist the situation. It's the same on almost every real issue in the country.

Am I pissed that people use the system? Damn right I am. But, I'm not so simple as to think that cutting off social programs is going to do anything positive without solving the underlying issues and not so arrogant as to think that my tax dollars are more important than anyone else's.

When it should be 15=15

He said 10 words or less, you wrote 15... 15 is greater than 10... keep up.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-11-05 22:41:56  

How about you list them so you don't appear to be talking out of your ***?

Majority of the money is spent on the military.

Since the spending has been this way for well over 30+ yrs why haven't you left yet?After all you've been pretty angry about the government and MI is not that far from Canada ya know. Practice what you preach perhaps?

But then again Pure Michigan...
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 23:10:28  

So, by handouts you didn't mean welfare, you meant welfare? I don't like the idea of people depending on assistance long-term, why would I want to support people who don't want to support themselves? The problem is nobody wants to approach the problem pragmatically. Leftists think that disadvantage is insurmountable, rightists think that welfare recipients don't want to get out of poverty (neither is completely untrue) But, neither side will focus on the data and work at actually solving the economic and societal problems that create and persist the situation. It's the same on almost every real issue in the country.

Am I pissed that people use the system? Damn right I am. But, I'm not so simple as to think that cutting off social programs is going to do anything positive without solving the underlying issues and not so arrogant as to think that my tax dollars are more important than anyone else's.

When it should be 15=15

He said 10 words or less, you wrote 15... 15 is greater than 10... keep up.

I'm thinking you mean abuse.. anyways.. If your pissed people abuse the system why vote in people that are blatantly making it worse!

How about you list them so you don't appear to be talking out of your ***?

Majority of the money is spent on the military.

Since the spending has been this way for well over 30+ yrs why haven't you left yet?After all you've been pretty angry about the government and MI is not that far from Canada ya know. Practice what you preach perhaps?

But then again Pure Michigan...

Look who's talking outta his ***^
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 30 31 32