Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 30 31 32
By Fumiku 2014-11-05 01:26:29  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Republican Gov. in Illinois.
Seriously?

I wonder what happened in Illinois for the people there to finally wake up to the ***they are in?

Probably tired of getting shot...... oh hell don't start a gun debate!
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-11-05 02:05:43  
Altimaomega said: »
Republican Gov. in Illinois.
Seriously?

I wonder what happened in Illinois for the people there to finally wake up to the ***they are in?
I'm just hoping that since he is big business guy, he runs the state like a business. By that, I mean if the state can't pass a budget on time, then has to come back later to do it (and get paid extra to do so), he openly advocates that they should all be voted out. I mean, if your workers refused to do their job then demanded overtime to come in on weekends to complete it, they wouldn't have their jobs very long now would they.
By Enuyasha 2014-11-05 04:22:33  
Louisiana ends in a runoff between landrieu and "*** You Obama" guy.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-05 04:26:27  
Also consider that Angus King will caucus with the GOP and while he's not a guaranteed vote for anything (none of the Maine senators were) he is known as a pragmatist and can be reasoned with. And holy sh!t did the Republicans just take the 2nd Maine congressional district. That's been considered a "safe" democrat seat for 20 years since Olympia Snow (R) left to run for Senator.

Anyhow this is a giant "I Told You So". Republicans gonna end up with 54 Senate seats cause I doubt Virginia will go red.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-05 07:08:36  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Everyone's betting on sure things.

The only real tossup is if the Republicans will take the Senate or not.

Any wagers on that?

That's not a toss up at this point. The only question is if NH and NC make it a 53 or 54 seat majority.

This is pretty exciting, Obama is set to become the biggest midterm loser president in recorded history.
Well, just 20 more seats lost in the House would tie him with Truman and 7 seats in the Senate to tie to Eisenhower....
Well, it's looking like Obama just tied with Eisenhower (assuming that the Republicans gain the 2 seats in the Senate that looks very likely) as the biggest midterm loser president in recorded history (Senate-wise).

As of this moment, the Republicans have the exact same amount of House members as before, and needed to claim 20 to tie with Truman, but only 19 seats left in contention. So, Obama is safe from that point (still the biggest loser if considered combined though).
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-05 07:22:20  
Liberal delusions are out in full force. This is the best of them.

Quote:
So who won the 2014 midterm elections?

The easy answer is the Republican Party.

On election night, the party managed to seize control of the Senate by picking up at least seven seats previously held by Democrats, a goal that has eluded Republicans since 2006.

The GOP also captured at least 13 House races, expanding its already sizable majority to at least 241 seats — the most it's claimed since Herbert Hoover was president.

While a dizzying 14 gubernatorial races were tossups heading into Nov. 4, almost all of them broke toward the GOP — meaning that Republican governors will still vastly outnumber Democratic governors on Inauguration Day.

And Americans are plainly disillusioned with President Barack Obama; according to the exit polls, a full 54 percent of voters disapprove of his performance as president, and 65 percent say the country is headed in the wrong direction.

There was good reason, in other words, for conservative journalist Philip Klein to crow on Twitter that “this is what a wave feels like” — because it is.

But here’s the thing: In politics, the easy answer isn’t always the only answer, and the winner of an election isn’t always the one who benefits most. Take a closer look at demography, geography and the road ahead for the parties, and it’s clear that the long-term winner of the 2014 midterms wasn’t the GOP at all. The long-term winner, in fact, wasn’t even on the ballot this year.

Her name is Hillary Clinton.
How Hillary Clinton won the 2014 midterms
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-05 07:27:38  
Got to prepare for her campaign.

Getting started early so the media can promise big things from a liberal which ends up falling very short to reality (see: Obama).

Question for 2016 is, will the American people wise up to this act after falling for it for 2 presidential elections in a row?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-05 08:03:13  
Good show by republicans. Obama got smacked pretty hard last night. He didn't even offer congratulations to the winners. What a chump.

Democrats talking about caucusing with Republicans?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-05 08:40:38  
well I wouldn't strain my arm patting myself on the back just yet...
they still have to do something meaningful with the seats they picked up or they may as well pick out their dresses for the coronation of hillary
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-05 08:47:17  
This made my day :

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-05 08:48:14  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
they still have to do something meaningful with the seats they picked up or they may as well pick out their dresses for the coronation of hillary
I wasn't paying attention to the candidates she endorsed, how many of them won last night vs. the total number she endorsed?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-05 08:49:17  
Actually, they don't even have to pass one bill at all to prevent Hillary from being elected in 2016.

They can package bills as such:

"We will give you Federal Minimum Wage increase to $8/hr, but we are also going to get rid of the employer mandate in Obamacare"

Then;

-If Obama vetoes: "Obama and his liberal cronies (aka Clinton) didn't want to increase the minimum wage like he said he did. If Obama doesn't truly want to do it, why should Clinton be the same?"

-If Obama signs: "We have gutted out a huge portion of Obamacare, like we said we were going to do. Obama doesn't even care about your healthcare, and Clinton is just like Obama. Why trust somebody who won't even defend their own achievements?"

That's what you should expect for the next 2 years.
By fonewear 2014-11-05 08:49:41  
I thought Hillary was spending the night looking for fresh blood to sustain her !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-05 08:56:51  
fonewear said: »
I thought Hillary was spending the night looking for fresh blood to sustain her !
Naw, she was looking over interns to get revenge with Bill.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-05 08:56:52  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I wasn't paying attention to the candidates she endorsed, how many of them won last night vs. the total number she endorsed?

campaign schedule

I think she lost everywhere but new hampshire... if I was working for her at the time I would have steered her towards more of the sure bets....

But as long as she "looked good" and the press spelled her name right I don't think they cared who she supproted
By fonewear 2014-11-05 09:00:04  
This is amazing:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-05 09:05:59  
I'm moving to Idaho !

(Full video almost an hour long)

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-05 09:09:41  
the last of nine debates! LMFAO!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-05 09:10:58  
Abortion is murder I tells ya and get off my lawn ! I'm using spiritual warfare as we speak...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-05 09:12:21  
fonewear said: »
This is amazing:]

Wait just a minute...

Foneywear.... that post was on topic and funny... WTH MAN!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-05 09:12:23  
Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Obama can not veto all of them.
Sure he can. It's not like there's a limit of the number of vetoes a President can use in their term.
By fonewear 2014-11-05 09:13:17  
I'm a (pauses stares at camera) modest guy ! lol
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-05 09:14:03  
Oh, and Nik, I never had a lifetime of disappointment, just the past 6 years or so.
By fonewear 2014-11-05 09:24:16  
I like my beer cold my TV loud and my opinions crazy !
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-11-05 09:26:48  
I came here expecting to see more or less exactly the discussion I have seen.

Then it occurred to me: why is a small, ghetto-ized section of a forum for a nearly-defunct Japanese video game a place that draws a bunch of right-wing kooks? Maybe we need a barker stationed at the gate to shout, "Roll up, roll up! Come and look at the freaks!"
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-05 09:27:58  
kooks are everywhere.

they aren't limited by anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-05 09:29:20  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I came here expecting to see more or less exactly the discussion I have seen.

Then it occurred to me: why is a small, ghetto-ized section of a forum for a nearly-defunct Japanese video game a place that draws a bunch of right-wing kooks? Maybe we need a barker stationed at the gate to shout, "Roll up, roll up! Come and look at the freaks!"

It gets really annoying having that guy around...

we're freaks, but unfortunately for you, we are also legion!

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-05 09:30:12  
and there is only... lik... four or five of us, lighten up
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-05 09:30:34  
The Idaho primaries were pretty hilarious, actually. It got a lot more tame in the general race.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 30 31 32