Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 30 31 32
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-11-04 22:07:31  
Greenlight pinellas failed. Score one for me
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 22:15:54  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Hmm. I guess it depends on which precincts have yet to report. If it's a major city like Richmond or something, the Dems have a shot. It'll be close either way, though.

7,500 vote margin, it wouldn't even have to be a big or VERY blue district, either. That's about as close as races get. I'd imagine there'll be recounts unless it tips pretty hard one way or another.

Okay, yeah, it looks like Richmond was one of them. Latest numbers seem to show the Dems pulling ahead there. I wouldn't bet against a recount at this stage.
Ouch Warner's up by almost 3k votes now.
CNN is reporting 11k for Warner now.

Still may go into runoffs.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 22:22:54  
I love how the media is already blaming Obama for the Dems losing tonight.

Well, that's to be expected.

Now, the question is, who's Obama going to blame?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 22:24:06  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Obama is the most visible member of the Democratic party. Why does cause have to be BLAME in your book? Sometimes causes are just causes.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 22:28:13  

Obama is the most visible member of the Democratic party. Why does cause have to be BLAME in your book? Sometimes causes are just causes.
Because for the last 6 years, it's been nothing but a blame game from the White House.

Or are you going to say that's not true at all?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 22:32:44  
See guys Obama doesn't lie all the time. He said he would unite the country. It only took 6 years but he managed to unite people against him, to historic republican house control and a Republican senate! Not to mention the only President in history to be handed two midterm wave elections! Such a Great president we have making history and uniting the citizenry. Thanks Obama!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 22:32:52  

Because for the last 6 years, it's been nothing but a blame game from the White House.

So, because one politician spends a lot of time blaming the opposition and his predecessor, we should all constantly blame everyone for everything and consider any causation damning? Hey man, blame air for the spread of disease, cause that makes a *** load of sense...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 22:34:02  
Altimaomega said: »
See guys Obama doesn't lie all the time. He said he would unite the country. It only took 6 years but he managed to unite people against him, to historic republican house control and a Republican senate! Thanks Obama!

Uh, Republicans have controlled both houses for like 18 of the last 30 years, bud.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 22:37:30  
See guys Obama doesn't lie all the time. He said he would unite the country. It only took 6 years but he managed to unite people against him, to historic republican house control and a Republican senate! Thanks Obama!

Uh, Republicans have controlled both houses for like 18 of the last 30 years, bud.

Read that part you bolded really slowly and get back to me.. kthks/sigh
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 22:39:11  

So, because one politician spends a lot of time blaming the opposition and his predecessor, we should all constantly blame everyone for everything and consider any causation damning? Hey man, blame air for the spread of disease, cause that makes a *** load of sense...

About as much sense as your statement.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 22:41:12  

IF all the races close the way some are projecting, the rebublicans will have the largest majority since the 1950's. They've had LARGER margins, so it's not really historic. But, have your day in the sun if you like.

You don't get out much, do you?
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 22:46:26  

IF all the races close the way some are projecting, the rebublicans will have the largest majority since the 1950's. They've had LARGER margins, so it's not really historic. But, have your day in the sun if you like.

You don't get out much, do you?

smh.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-04 22:48:04  
Hey Altima. I'm referring to an old post here, but your chickens have hatched. It looks like your count wasn't far off.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 22:49:53  
Hey Altima. I'm referring to an old thread here, but your chickens have hatched. It looks like your count wasn't far off.

I know right, its like the people that called me crazy are actually the crazy ones... Go figure!

Edit:
Attention: Hell just froze over.

Republican Gov. in Illinois.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 23:03:44  
Seriously?

I wonder what happened in Illinois for the people there to finally wake up to the ***they are in?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 23:05:10  
Here's a shocker, Florida rejects medical weed.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 23:09:42  
Seriously?

I wonder what happened in Illinois for the people there to finally wake up to the ***they are in?

They still voted in a Democrat for senator funny how that works huh.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 23:12:35  
So it looks like 52 republican seats for senate with a runoff in LA. Most likely it will be the 53rd republican seat.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 23:15:30  
Here's a shocker, Florida rejects medical weed.
Looks like OR has finally passed recreational use though.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 23:18:36  
And Washington, D.C. lol.

Washington, D.C. Votes To Legalize Recreational Marijuana
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 23:19:54  

Irony isn't a strong enough word for that.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 23:22:13  
So it looks like 52 republican seats for senate with a runoff in LA. Most likely it will be the 53rd republican seat.

Alaska should be 54, and VA may still be 55 MAYBE!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 23:31:39  

Oh ***, I forgot about AK. Yeah that will be 54.

Wow!

Idk about VA, the republican was ahead up until the end and only a 11k margin... hmmm. Idk. It's too close to call, I wouldn't celebrate either way yet there.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-04 23:35:31  

Wow!

Idk about VA, the republican was ahead up until the end and only a 11k margin... hmmm. Idk. It's too close to call, I wouldn't celebrate either way yet there.

Yea, he edged back to 7k when I posted but now he's back too 11k with 95% in.. Oh well 54 is better than a "stick in the eye "or a democrat senate.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 23:42:54  

Wow!

Yea, he edged back to 7k when I posted but now he's back too 11k with 95% in.. Oh well 54 is better than a "stick in the eye "or a democrat senate.
Yeah I was betting on 53 seats, when 52 was the expected one. Even when control was projected just below 60%.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-04 23:46:30  
Seriously?

It's got to be the fluoride in the water.

Votes for a republican governor, probably not fond of their history from Blagojevich to his Lt. Governor Quinn, but dems win senate... Huh?! Oh well.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-05 00:15:05  
Seriously?

Reminds me of the town I grew up in. It was run by Democrats, but eventually the mayor sucked so bad that they had other Democrats campaigning for the Republican he was running against. Long story short, the Republican won and has done such a good job that they've kept him in for several more elections.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-05 00:16:02  
Seriously?

Reminds me of the town I grew up in. It was run by Democrats, but eventually the mayor sucked so bad that they had other Democrats campaigning for the Republican he was running against. Long story short, the Republican won and has done such a good job that they've kept him in for several more elections.

Didnt know you lived in michigan.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-05 00:17:18  
Seriously?

Didnt know you lived in michigan.

Lol, nah. Indiana.
[+]
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-11-05 00:33:03  

All of politics have been a blame game since I was old enough to know anything about politics. Nothing has changed since then, won't now.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 30 31 32