言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Skilling shield up
Skilling shield up
By Artemicion 2011-11-09 10:17:30  
Sipar!
(Unless of course SE changed it. Not sure.)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-11-09 10:25:51  
Artemicion said: »
Sipar!

They did, just a normal size1 now
By Artemicion 2011-11-09 10:26:45  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Artemicion said: »
Sipar!

They did, just a normal size1 now

Well that's a bummer. Used to be a baby Ochain before it existed.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-09 11:21:08  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Quiznor said: »
Ochain >_>
Or Aegis and the skillup food & Reprisal/Pallisade om nom nom works just as good
As lovely as Aegis is, it isn't going to compare for block rate especially when you are underskilled against em-vt mobs. Depending on just how underskilled, even Ochain isn't going to be capped.

Either way, it's kind of a pointless argument since the vast majority of people who are leveling pld aren't going to have either one, I can think of one exception around here atm.
 Cerberus.Quack
user: cocl
By Cerberus.Quack 2011-11-16 00:53:28  
Just did 260-350 in about 95 minutes using bloom buckler with prouesse ring with elshena on. Had war lion, mounted champion, and another regen atma on. Did hannequets in attohwa as pld/dnc with phalanx up fulltime so you don't die. Gathered about 7-8 of them in a corner and let them go to town. Worked better than I thought it would.
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-11-18 18:01:33  
Went from 310-Cap in about 45 minutes with Saltena in Abyssea-Altep on PLD/SCH with Vissitude+Mounted Champion+Stronghold. I pulled the entire area and with the TP gain I could kill them quickly which leveled them up from EP to DC~VT then I repulled the now leveled up mobs and just kept Aquaveil Phalanx and Protect up full time then Celerity+Reprisal and Palisade when available. I liked /SCH because you can cast Reprisal much more often, you get a better Phalanx, and for those occasions where you forget to put phalanx up before it wears then you can just Celerity > Sentinel > Phalanx.

Side note: During this time I was able to also break Club of Trials in about 20~30 minutes by spamming Skullbreaker back to back for Fragmentation.
 Phoenix.Zumi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zumi
By Phoenix.Zumi 2011-11-25 17:54:55  
I caped my shield skill on Fear Dearg the mandys in abyssea altep took like an hour to gain 80 levels and cap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [534 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Israel
サーバ: Siren
user: Israel
By Siren.Israel 2013-05-12 16:37:29  
Shield skill @184 without merits or gear, looking to skill up. Any help or hints. ATM I'm I. The tree fighting Mandy's but te progress is horrible. Thanks.
By Toebag 2013-05-12 16:55:27  
Get a buckler one or the one that blocks loads and just grab thousands and thousands of mandies!

Or just grab a handful, up to you.

I figure that's the easiest way to do it. However, I don't know from experience
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2013-05-12 17:02:04  
Yea if solo, go /dnc, grab Phys Dmg down gear or just full empy +1, 3 regen atmas and pull as many mandies as you are comfortable with.
Attowha Aby is easier for bigger numbers and capping, however till comfortable with large numbers, go Miseraux as these don't agro or link and just keep pulling as required.

Edit: for shield, either OChain or smallest possible like bloom buckler
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2013-05-12 18:05:19  
Cerberus.Commandervimes said: »
Yea if solo, go /dnc, grab Phys Dmg down gear or just full empy +1, 3 regen atmas and pull as many mandies as you are comfortable with.
Attowha Aby is easier for bigger numbers and capping, however till comfortable with large numbers, go Miseraux as these don't agro or link and just keep pulling as required.

Edit: for shield, either OChain or smallest possible like bloom buckler

If you build an Ochain for the purpose of skilling shield... please un-install FFXI
[+]
 Siren.Methylated
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Methylated 2013-05-12 18:21:26  
Small shield (Procs more often) Bloom buckler should do it. Bit of regen. PDT gear and just 5 mandies bosh some skill up food and cast reprisal and phalanx when you can, Laughing. ;)
 Bismarck.Oldelf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: oldelf
By Bismarck.Oldelf 2013-05-12 18:23:15  
Go to Abyssea Altep Mandy's
Gather about 2-5 Mandy's what ever you're comfortable with
Keep them in front of you
Double Regan Atma's Mounted Champ Vicissitude
3rd Atma your choice
/dnc if that makes you happy can't hurt
Skill up food for your skill level

I averaged about 25+ levels a hour
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-05-12 19:26:14  
pld/rdm, grab a shield and a dagger -- atmas: Mounted Champ, Lion, Vicis (or Ducal Guard if you want to afk). With /rdm and dagger you can AE mobs for exp and cruor in chests. At least I'm 99% sure pld main can't use AE ....

If you don't want to AE, just grab a sword trial like Earth path -damage taken, and start working on those trials by killing a bunch of mobs at once in abyssea. You'll probably be capped before you are done. When I made +str dagger for thf, I capped parry from ~280 to 90 cap before the trial was done and this was before the parry skill update. If you already got earth path done, grab something else !
 Shiva.Renku
サーバ: Shiva
user: Talentwo
By Shiva.Renku 2013-05-18 04:59:34  
It has been said in this forum several times, the best way to lvl shield skill fast is in aby. Gear up go to Aby Altepa, run to the Mandys (hopefully no FC is going on).

I used full buff atmas and ran around pond grabbed all mandys i could, brought back to cliff and let them attack me. (don't need to be engaged for skillups) I sub'd /dnc and had a rdm alt there casting phalanx 2 on me.

Used aegis went from 350-400+ in an hour or so
By MaieuticOne 2013-05-18 05:46:37  
Get a Size 1 shield like buckler, sub dnc, get Mounted Champion, Gnarled Horn and Vissatude (probably spelled that last one wrong). Take 6 Mandies at conflux 8 in Misareaux [A] pick a corner there line them up and don't engage just face them, use your tp you get to heal yourself accordingly. You will get fast skills depending on shield you pick.
 Bahamut.Glizdus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2013-06-04 07:01:58  
Why no one is mentioning chigoes in Abby Attohwa?