The Absolute Bare Minimum For AR2

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » the absolute bare minimum for AR2
the absolute bare minimum for AR2
By devasbismarck 2014-10-13 19:48:06  
Can anyone tell me the ideal job that can pop both NQ (in time without fail 100% of runs) and HQ khim's and then solo the HQ leaving the NQ alone.

This job must have only a sparks set and a sparks weapon with cheap items in other slots like 10k rings etc. No rare ex gear, no mission gear etc. Just brand new burned with capped combat skill of relevant main wep and magic if applicable + evasion only.

Please include which subjob if its something other than dnc.

I look forward to everyone's suggestions :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-13 20:02:34  
Mnk, obviously, in full wayfarer, probably don't even need accessories it's so easy.

Don't even need cap skills, I'd say rdm dnc blu pup just as easy, but have skill requirements.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-13 20:33:53  
Mnk or thf are probably the least intensive jobs to burn on a mule, mnk being superior in terms of kill speed and safety, thf needing slightly more gear/skill but yielding more Alex. I find blu to be about as good as it gets in terms of salvage farming. Durability, effective with many pathos locked, treasure hunter, many damage types, aoe damage for gears, etc.
By devasbismarck 2014-10-13 20:46:27  
Ok this is a start, just want to add the sole purpose of the run is to run through unlocking the least amount of pathos while only aiming to get the 100% linen pouch from the HQ. So if thf is recommended just for its TH then its not needed.

Also want to do this as if it was a speed run so fastest time humanly possible. If anyone can provide a step by step course for taking the crucial pathos only but ensuring no gambles on dying.
 Asura.Chexmix
サーバ: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2014-10-13 20:47:40  
Probably mnk tbh I think that low geared thf would have trouble with armored chariot in under 3min.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-13 21:00:21  
if you're wearing sparks gear you always have a (pretty small) chance of dying, because fulmination para is unpredictable.. you can either bring remedies or accept that you might lose 1 run in 50 or whatever

barring that, unlock everything except body on 1f > port to 5f > unlock body on 5f > port to 6f > kill one normal chariot for str and dex > hundred fists armored chariot > pop khimaira > port to 7f > kill boss

should be able to do it in 20-30 min depending on gear
[+]
By devasbismarck 2014-10-13 21:03:26  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if you're wearing sparks gear you always have a (pretty small) chance of dying, because fulmination para is unpredictable.. you can either bring remedies or accept that you might lose 1 run in 50 or whatever

barring that, unlock everything except body on 1f > port to 5f > unlock body on 5f > port to 6f > kill one normal chariot for str and dex > hundred fists armored chariot > pop khimaira > port to 7f > kill boss

should be able to do it in 20-30 min depending on gear

Would 100 fists be the only way to kill the chariot in 3 minutes? What can you tell me about this pet + weak from the HQ? I was assuming id save 100 fists for the last 25% of the HQ
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-13 21:07:21  
megaboss wont use lithic breath if you melee from the side

if you're wearing sparks gear and minimal accessories, yes you'll need hundred fists for the chariot

boss isn't threatening with or without hundred fists, just once in a while you'll get hit by a 800+ fulmination and para'll proc 30x in a row after(this is not normal, most of the time you'll resist the damage or the para or both)
By devasbismarck 2014-10-13 21:10:31  

if you're wearing sparks gear and minimal accessories, yes you'll need hundred fists for the chariot

boss isn't threatening with or without hundred fists, just once in a while you'll get hit by a 800+ fulmination and para'll proc 30x in a row after(this is not normal, most of the time you'll resist the damage or the para or both)

So if i was on the paws i should be able to avoid the breath attack? I assume this is all based upon dnc sub? Also which weaponskill would i be using? Im assuming 5/5 h2h merit but just want to be certain as i have never played mnk.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-13 21:19:03  
devasbismarck said: »

So if i was on the paws i should be able to avoid the breath attack? I assume this is all based upon dnc sub? Also which weaponskill would i be using? Im assuming 5/5 h2h merit but just want to be certain as i have never played mnk.

Avoid? Possibly as it's conal, but the side is best, and far better than plague, and it will use fulmination anywhere.
By devasbismarck 2014-10-13 21:20:02  
Odin.Jassik said: »
devasbismarck said: »

Avoid? Possibly as it's conal, but the side is best, and far better than plague, and it will use fulmination anywhere.

so just to be clear on "side" the ribs then wont he start turning in an attempt to face me?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-13 21:24:03  
It WILL attempt to face you, if it knocks you back with turbouillon, but other than that, no, its a non-turning enemy.
By devasbismarck 2014-10-13 21:24:55  
Ok perfect i will attempt this once i have prepared a mnk. Thanks all for your input.
 Asura.Chexmix
サーバ: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2014-10-13 21:41:48  
Just stand behind it.
 Siren.Noxzema
サーバ: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-10-13 22:06:05  
As for WS, at 3k TP Raging Fists will do the most, otherwise Victory Smite, or Shijin, even Asuran Fists isn't half bad the few times that I've used it just messing around.
And don't forget about Mantra, and Inner Strength on the bosses, can save your life if you have bad luck with Fulmination.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Meansa
user: Meansa
By Odin.Meansa 2014-10-13 22:25:03  
I either go dancer or summoner with no problems at all. 20-30 min is about the standard time frame.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-10-13 22:46:28  
You're clearing the whole run in 20 minutes on SMN when it takes me 30ish to do it with BRD and SAM? wat
(full clear all single and triple gears, is that the difference?)
 Odin.Meansa
By Odin.Meansa 2014-10-13 22:51:04  
If you know what you are doing, summoner can round up all the gears and 1hr them all at once. Saves tons of time.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-13 23:10:52  
As mentioned before, MNK/DNC. Can kill the Gears, pop and Kill NQ, and kill HQ in 45 minutes. Or you can skip the gears and killing the NQ boss (still pop it), and kill just the HA boss in 20-25 minutes.
 Odin.Meansa
By Odin.Meansa 2014-10-13 23:13:07  
Why would anybody not go after the hq?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-13 23:19:26  
Didnt say not to.
 Odin.Meansa
By Odin.Meansa 2014-10-13 23:30:37  
What i mean is that saying
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
As mentioned before, MNK/DNC. Can kill the Gears, pop and Kill NQ, and kill HQ in 45 minutes. Or you can skip the gears and killing the NQ boss (still pop it), and kill just the HA boss in 20-25 minutes.
by repeating that you make it sound like you are saying summoner can not possibly full clear in 20-30 min. Yes I meant full clear.