users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dyna Xarc - Demon NMs
Dyna Xarc - Demon NMs
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-08-11 00:48:48  
This might be stupid, but I had a question about those 15 NMs in Dynamis Xarcabard. Can you pull each NM (in it's group of 3) by itself? I remember the first Dynamis LS I was in said you couldn't pull them separate, so we always had 2 groups of 2 or 3 people kiting 2 of the NMs while the Ally killed one. But I just recently read something that kinda of implied you could pull them all seperately. Ever since my first Dynamis LS (which was 2 years ago or so), I always was under the impression that as soon as you pulled an NM everyone there was put on the hate list and there was no way to pull them seperately lol.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-08-11 01:12:36  
Sac em individually
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-11 01:25:30  
Have someone drop the alliance, pull the NM you don't want, have someone else ready to voke the NM you do want... have the other person run far away die (usually a THF with Flee) and raise them after. AKA Saccing them individually. XD
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-11 10:03:47  
Can also kite around the tower for some, especially when only 2 NMs left, meaning you kite 1 while alliance kills 1.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-11 10:32:12  
No need to drop alliance to sac them, but have a some one pull any one of the group with a ranged attack and then run off.

Then get a PLD or some one to pull off the NM you want and take it back to the alliance to kill it.

Once the sac puller is dead all the mobs will return to their spawn (apart from the one you alliance is now fighting) and you can do it again.

To speed this process we normally used 2-3 people as sac pulls so we dont have to wait 5 mins between pulls (normally we are ready to pull as soon as they previous NM is dead).
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-08-11 10:46:10  
Argettio said:

To speed this process we normally used 2-3 people as sac pulls so we dont have to wait 5 mins between pulls (normally we are ready to pull as soon as they previous NM is dead).

Or your puller can just sac weakened.
 Seraph.Tarstark
サーバ: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-08-11 10:46:47  
The shell i'm in does the same as the above person posted, w/ minor variations.
The sac-thf pulls 1 eye., and runs along the cliff, away from ally.(like if if cliff is A, ally on left side, thf/sac runs to the right side). Then, while doing that, we have 2 plds voke 2 of the NM's. The first one is killed by the ally, while the pld & healer hold the 2nd one. Once first NM is dead, kill the 2nd, by this time, the 3rd is otw back, and he's killed when he returns, along w/ the 3 eyes.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-11 10:53:23  
Isiolia said:
Argettio said:

True, but he wont get far before he dies and there is a risk of links.

And taking more than 1 means your are sharing the exp loss. Expecting 1 guy to sac 15 times just for the NMs is pretty harsh, when you will need 2-5 sacs on the 'wall of eyes' (depending on how good you are) and 1-2 more through out the run.

So all in all it is fairer and safer to take more than 1.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-08-11 12:42:10  
Argettio said:
Isiolia said:
Argettio said:

True, but he wont get far before he dies and there is a risk of links.

And taking more than 1 means your are sharing the exp loss. Expecting 1 guy to sac 15 times just for the NMs is pretty harsh, when you will need 2-5 sacs on the 'wall of eyes' (depending on how good you are) and 1-2 more through out the run.

So all in all it is fairer and safer to take more than 1.

Eh, my shell has always just used one puller, works fine. Most times where you'd die early due to weakness, you'd have died either way (-ga spell or something). The vast majority of the time, done right, the puller is far enough ahead of the mobs that it doesn't matter.

We have our puller lot the XP books, so while it doesn't completely negate XP loss, it is offset.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-11 12:56:11  
I agree the risk is very very low, and yes EXP scrolls always go to pullers as an effort to 'lessen the blow'.

We normally have at least 2 (some times up to 4) THF in Xarc (to ensure TH on every mob) so we naturally have more than 1 puller, so they take it in turns.

It also allows means we have a few people who have experience of sac pulling (although it isn't hard) so if 1 guys is missing for a run its no problem.

We used to do it with 1, but now we normally use a couple. So do what ever you wish.
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2009-08-25 11:57:50  
I appreciate this is not relevant to the original post (about pulling them individually), its more directed at the discussion that followed, but hope it helps none the less:

When we go to Xarc we don't sac pull any of the NM towers. In fact the only sac pulls we do are for the second TK (tower with the eyes) and to split the demon wall in half. Instead, we opt for 3 PLD's in the zone. I'll explain...

We use a PLD for main /assist'ing. I appreciate some shells use a DD or whatever, but using a PLD gives our main /assist an opportunity to target the mob before the rest of the alliance and get a provoke or flash on it. The other two PLD's hold hate from the sleepers, which becomes a much bigger advantage on the larger pulls later in the run.

When we get to an NM tower. Main /assist will move to one of the DD's, and a healer (usually WHM or someone who can Erase) is paired up with each PLD. The PLD's are then each assigned one of the three NM's from that tower. A THF will pop Flee, sight aggro the eyes on the tower, and then circle the tower kiting them. The DD main /assist will start working with the alliance to kill the eyes while the THF kites them around the tower. The THF will never be kiting more than two eyes anyway, as the main /assist will pull one off straight after the pull, but even if the THF gets killed it's no real issue as the eyes die quickly anyway.

As the eyes are aggro'd, the three demon NM's will spawn. Each PLD will Provoke / Flash their assigned NM and pull it to one side with their healer. PLD's can straight-up hold the demon NM's for anything up to 5-10 minutes each depending on the NM's job type and their gear etc, before they / the healer start to get low on MP. I'm usually one of the three PLD's, and I wouldn't say any of our PLD's are super-pimped, but all decently geared (Homam, M.Body / ACP / Valor etc), but none have Ares or Relics. If the NM is a BLM then obviously kite it around the tower, but you get the idea...

The DD's work through the eyes, and the main /assist will then take on the NM's which are being held in order of their threat level to the PLD holding them. Ie. SMN / BST / NIN (because of their 2 hour abilities / pets) > BLM / BRD (annoying AoE's) > heavy DD types > THF / PLD's etc > WHM's. We have got unlucky before on a Sleepga from an eye after the pull and lost a holding PLD, and I have straight up tanked 2 of the NM's at once. So I have no doubts that any reasonably skilled / geared PLD could do this, I am by no means the best in my shell.

The other nice perk to this strategy is it gives the holding PLD's ample time to build hate on the demon NM they are handling. This means when the alliance gets to it and it two-hours, it doesn't go Hundred Fisting (or w/e the relevant nasty 2 hour may be...) the DD's or the mages. As the NM's drop that PLD and his healer will move with the alliance to the next NM until all 3 NM's are down.

Alliance heads to the next tower, and repeats the process.

I know everyone has their own way, this way works really well for us. If you struggle with the NM towers, or sac pulls seem to keep linking mobs from other parts of the zone etc, give this a shot. Let me know what you think! =D
[+]