Returning Player Considering Transferring To Odin

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Returning player considering transferring to Odin
Returning player considering transferring to Odin
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-09-16 02:56:22  
I recently came back to the game after approximately a year and a half break for the free week, and I really enjoy a lot of the changes. However, it really feels like Sylph either does not have players at my current content level in order for me to advance, or just doesn't have players in general. I just can't seem to find a group for advancement on Sylph. I haven't seen a single AA run shout and only one shout for a skirmish of my level, so I feel like I'm out of opportunities here. My primary jobs are BLU/MNK/DNC/THF/NIN/SCH, but obviously having just returned, I only really have the RoE sets for them and a few augmented pieces from WKRs. I'm just curious what the general atmosphere of Odin is like. If any resident Odin players could let me know whether or not I might be able to find some good people to tackle content with and enjoy advancement, or if there are any linkshells currently recruiting returning nubs, I'd really appreciate it. I don't really want to transfer servers only to find that I'm in the same position as I already am. Thanks for reading this long rant, and I appreciate any advice people may have.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-09-20 17:54:37  
Bumping to see if anybody has some advice.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Blackthanos 2014-09-20 20:27:15  
Hi and welcome back. All I can do is give you my opinion on this so please take it with a grain of salt. In my opinion there is bad news and good news. The bad news is that a lot of the shouts for events on Odin are very specific. Meaning if they need a Ranger for say AA TT then they will say RELIC ranger only or if they need a SHC or WHM for an event they say VETERAN(of the event shouted) SCH or WHM. There is a tendency for looking to except nothing less than the best and with your current gear level it may be an uphill battle getting accepted into a group. Now the good news is that Odin is a fairly lively server and there are shouts for numerous events all the time. I actually saw a Legion shout the other day..lol. So just from the shear volume of shouts there is a definite possibility that you will probably be able to get into something. Plus if you have an in, like the party leader is a friend or LS mate then you're good to go as well. Don't know if this helped you much but it is food for thought.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-09-22 17:22:56  
Thank you for your response and your advice. I'm trying to gear my scholar at the moment, but the problem comes down to not being able to stomach grinding sparks for days on end to afford artifact/relic +1 instead of just doing the AA fights much more easily. But because Sylph has such a low population, I basically solo all of my content, and there's only so much I can accomplish with trusts. Would you happen to have a recommendation for a linkshell on Odin possibly looking for players in my position, or at the least that wouldn't mind bringing me up to speed? Thanks again for your time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Slore
サーバ: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-11-19 17:40:22  
Not meaning to steal OP's thread but how is Odin event wise? Like people do stuff during the day, woe, economy etc? Im looking to get off valefore because its dead. No economy no nothing. Its 7pm est almost prime na and there is 318 people on. During the day its lucky if we break 200.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-19 17:52:17  
Here has a bunch of stablished rmts daily but i really cant complain about economy here. Ive been make some cash and stuffs overall are selling well.

About event, i think is not bad but either isnt the best. Obviously things change with time, but there are still times when you can see 30m-1h interval between shouts, but it should be the eu community.

Common events are old delve, vw and battlefields, with some incursion here and there, and recently, some unity shouts.