Accuracy Sets And Job Points

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Accuracy sets and Job points
Accuracy sets and Job points
By kodachikuno 2014-09-06 06:54:10  
I am trying to get into capacity point aka job point parties on blu but most people doing shouts and to join want 900+ accuracy before buffs are applied. I have the 119 blu relic reforge as well as Burka and ankahara saber horned tathlum as well. but accuracy is around 879. Any thoughts on how to up the accuracy or no need. I personally after buffs and food are applied I hit just fine with the occasionally misssing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sharain
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-09-07 00:38:06  
As I'm never DD in these, I don't know about accuracy, except that you need a lot (plus a brd and at least one of cor/geo/rdm, with just one you're most likely not capping in Woh Gates). And you really can't eyeball it, there are plenty people who think they hit fine, but when parsed have 60% hitrate or so.

But if the shouter is a healer or brd and you say that you'll help with winds of promyvion, white wind, diffusion erratic flutter, pulls/sleeps and all that stuff, I'd bet you got a spot in 95% of the cases (as long as there are two heavy DDs or spots for two heavy DDs).

If the shouter is a DD, it's a bit of hit or miss if they're the type that think that if one healer can't do it all, they suck! (some brds too, but less often)

No matter how good a blu, they're just not gonna parse as high as equally good heavy DD, sorry (15%-20% so I consider a good contribution from a semi-support blu, 10-15% from a meleeing cor, assuming they use steps, sambas, and waltzes if required, and the rest divvied up by the two heavy DDs). So it's better to bring more to the table than just dmg. ;) Comes with the added benefit that your support people won't be overworked and want to /wrist after 30 mins. As it tends to be if brd or healer leave, the party is over.

Edit add: Lets not start arguing about "but this one time my blu or cor parsed this high!", don't we all agree that the party is a unit which flows smoothly when everyone does their best to make everyone else's job easier? :)
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-09-07 01:42:11  
I cannot give you must advice myself on BLU. RDM is the only job I have ever played or continue to play as, sub jobs aside. The only suggestion I can give you is to contact the player "Worldslost" from Ragnarok on FFXIAH and see if he'll give you some pointers. I have taken him as BLU to multiple delve runs and his BLU is godly, and does its job. He is a very good Blue Mage and I suggest contacting him through private message.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Worldslost

It would also do you good to display your sets on here that you have so people can take a look at what you're using and tell you what you can improve on and where to swap gear out for. ^^
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-07 01:51:04  
Ragnarok.Sharain said: »
Edit add: Lets not start arguing about "but this one time my blu or cor parsed this high!", don't we all agree that the party is a unit which flows smoothly when everyone does their best to make everyone else's job easier? :)

Nooooo but I wanna! :D

10-15% from a meleeing cor, assuming they use steps, sambas, and waltzes if required, and the rest divvied up by the two heavy DDs).

If you're only doing 10%~15% with others doing 32%+ due to requiring heavy waltz/step, then your pt is probably killing too slow to justify a 6 man woh gate PT IMO. Usually a good pt would kill the target before you can land 2nd step, thus kinda make the first step not that useful because mobs die so fast.

If the mob isn't dying fast enough to a point that you need/can land multiple steps, then it's probably faster to solo for CP.....yes I've been in some woh gate pt that offers less CP/hr than solo in doh gates D:.

As for the "not enough support" argument, if you kill the mobs fast enough, you won't need more than 1~2 support because they just die fast. The more time you need to kill them, the more support you need.

Oh and btw, it's certainly very hard to eye ball whether your acc is capped or not, but you can easily tell something is wrong if you have 60% acc :p
 Ragnarok.Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-09-07 03:28:14  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

10-15% from a meleeing cor, assuming they use steps, sambas, and waltzes if required, and the rest divvied up by the two heavy DDs).
If you're only doing 10%~15% with others doing 32%+ due to requiring heavy waltz/step, then your pt is probably killing too slow to justify a 6 man woh gate PT IMO. Usually a good pt would kill the target before you can land 2nd step, thus kinda make the first step not that useful because mobs die so fast.

If the mob isn't dying fast enough to a point that you need/can land multiple steps, then it's probably faster to solo for CP.....yes I've been in some woh gate pt that offers less CP/hr than solo in doh gates D:.

As for the "not enough support" argument, if you kill the mobs fast enough, you won't need more than 1~2 support because they just die fast. The more time you need to kill them, the more support you need.

Oh and btw, it's certainly very hard to eye ball whether your acc is capped or not, but you can easily tell something is wrong if you have 60% acc :p
And that's why I can't stand to party with you. >.> Nothing personal. It's not a job, I see no reason to bust my *** for hours (for very so and so job points to boot) when it'd be same amount of job points with no stress if you split the workload a bit. 2 quality sams with buffs clear all the mobs in the main worm/rabbit area before they repop anyways.

Also, with quality sams, the mobs die in seconds, so cor just doesn't get to swing that many times.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-07 04:19:05  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

And that's why I can't stand to party with you. >.> Nothing personal. It's not a job, I see no reason to bust my *** for hours (for very so and so job points to boot) when it'd be same amount of job points with no stress if you split the workload a bit. 2 quality sams with buffs clear all the mobs in the main worm/rabbit area before they repop anyways.

Also, with quality sams, the mobs die in seconds, so cor just doesn't get to swing that many times.

If mobs die in seconds then you wouldn't need that much support then! What other do you need in woh gates - -. Step doesn't matter as much if it dies in seconds, you may need occasional erase but it's much faster to have 2 mages erasing ppl than 1 person waltz 4~8 times thanks to waltz recast.

If your DDs are good you can also have DDs split up and kill different targets.

Even with all the waltz it's still way more than 10%~15% in woh gates on worms/rabbits/acumex.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-09-07 04:39:31  
Ragnarok.Evalyn said: »
I cannot give you must advice myself on BLU. RDM is the only job I have ever played or continue to play as, sub jobs aside. The only suggestion I can give you is to contact the player "Worldslost" from Ragnarok on FFXIAH and see if he'll give you some pointers. I have taken him as BLU to multiple delve runs and his BLU is godly, and does its job. He is a very good Blue Mage and I suggest contacting him through private message.

I think I've done a Woh Gates party with Woldslost, he got BLU mythic, doesn't he? He was very good (and he helped with winds of promyvion and white wind a good bit ^^).
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-07 04:57:30  
Stop sucking.

BLU can get 10 Job Points an hour solo...

It's called Marjami Ravine #2 - 18 mobs to Aggro and Subduction (split them into groups of 2)

Use a Normal DT set stoneskin, icespikes, phalanx and ice spikes.

Sleep em all > enervation > Subduction > WoR > CW (normally kills) > Subduction spam for stragglers.

Really easy get chain 12 a pull if True solo (no trusts or dual box) 330 CP on first kill (chain bonus is nuts) you get 4k CP a pull.

enjoy.

Plus for lolwtfweakslowDDparties. use Accuracy food ~? or (assuming full buffs)
Code
	sets.TP.AccuracyFull = {ammo="Honed Tathlum", head="Thur. Chapeau +1",body="Luhlaza Jubbah +1",hands="Luh. Bazubands +1",
						legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Assim. Charuqs +1",neck="Peacock Charm",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",left_ear="Heartseeker Earring",
						right_ear="Dudgeon Earring",left_ring="Rajas Ring",right_ring="Mars's Ring",back="Letalis Mantle",}

this has ton's of accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-09-07 05:52:03  
Ragnarok.Evalyn said: »

I think I've done a Woh Gates party with Woldslost, he got BLU mythic, doesn't he? He was very good (and he helped with winds of promyvion and white wind a good bit ^^).
Yep, he has. He's a very nice fellow, and very good at his job.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-09-07 08:20:31  
Well if 45 merits in 20-25 mins is slow (I don't pay attention to capacity points, I do Woh Gates parties for merit KIs), I admit I'm doing it all wrong as cor, thinking I should make whm's job easier (since brd is a mule and only sings). We're usually only 5 anyways, but having a blu for 6th is nice if they give a hand in the support department.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-07 08:55:01  
Well if 45 merits in 20-25 mins is slow (I don't pay attention to capacity points, I do Woh Gates parties for merit KIs), I admit I'm doing it all wrong as cor, thinking I should make whm's job easier (since brd is a mule and only sings). We're usually only 5 anyways, but having a blu for 6th is nice if they give a hand in the support department.

This is just the issue about the number and math, not the issue about play style.

Waltz usually cure less than 500 if I remember correctly, and it cost 500 TP.

Each WS do 6~7k dmg, and it cost 1000 TP. On acumex it's over 10k as well. Besides Fudo most WS doesn't avg that high from what I've seen.

Unless ppl are dying left and right(which shouldn't happen in woh gates), using TP on WS for faster kill and make everyone's life easier is, IMO, better way to use TP.

If I can cure 800~1k HP with 500 TP and my WS only do 2k dmg, I'd agree that using waltz is better. But this isn't the case. It seems that I'm just wasting 3k~3.5k worth of dmg for weak *** cures that isn't going to change the situation at all IF your pt is really dying left and right. If ppl are running in red HP here and there, waltz isn't going to keep them alive AND you waste so much TP on that.

If someone really need to use waltz, it should be a job with slightly weaker WS for less pt dmg lose, or just invite 3rd mage. Note that according to parse, when I use sushi instead of soup, 75% of my dmg came from WS, only 25% are melee DPS. If 2 mages can't do the support job, it's probably more increase to invite 3rd mage and have them haste2/do GEO buff/nuke and support, instead of having COR not WS and tossing away all that TP and 75% of dmg on weak cures.
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-09-07 09:03:40  
I did 55 job points in woh on blu with whatever acc gear i had for thf and sch, because i didn't care to actually gear blu, i also only set accuracy bonus 2, cause i didn't feel like learning more spells. I was usually the only DD, with this accuracy set, i was capped:
Code
{ammo='Honed Tathlum',
                                    head="Whirlpool Mask",neck="Iqabi Necklace",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
                                    body="Ischemia Chasu.",hands="Buremte Gloves",ring1="Ramuh Ring +1",ring2="Mars's Ring",
                                    back="Letalis Mantle",waist="Hurch'lan Sash",legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Battlecast Gaiters"}

Someone who actually has BLU geared and plays it should be able to do better then that, but BLU was one of the easier jobs to cap accuracy on for me, despite not actually ever playing it really.

Edit: This was with a BRD madrigal too.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-09 16:35:23  
There are accuracy options listed in the guide at the top. BLU has excellent accuracy options and it isn't at all hard to get 950+ accuracy in your TP set.