users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rapparee and Homam on THF
Rapparee and Homam on THF
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-08-09 02:57:13  
After I got my Homam Corazza I just stuck Rapparee Harness into storage.

What I'm wondering is if my ACC is capped.. will the Haste+4% outdo the Triple Attack?

I'm thinking there's very little times that my ACC is capped so (I only use meat food, did before with Rapp as well)..

And, I really don't want to use Rapp in my Utsu macro for Haste.. that is way to much flashing for .1 sec off the timer or w/e ><

Any THF's have their view on it or anyone?
 Asura.Vespera
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vespera 2009-08-09 03:00:15  
In my opinion the accuracy is indispensable especially if you eat attack food. The haste body would only shine above Homam where accuracy would never be an issue, ie: Feint. However, since that condition is so short in duration, I figure it would be better to just keep a high hit rating and have that lil extra chance of triple attack.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-09 03:06:45  
I did math on this assuming same acc homam only won if you had like less then 10% haste and less then 5 base triple attack or something... forget exact numbers. I think if you had 10 tripple attack and 0 haste they were about even. The thing is the more haste you have the better more haste gets while the more triple attack you get the worst it gets compared to getting more haste.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2009-08-09 04:11:18  
4% haste > 1% triple attack imo if accuracy isnt needed. And even if you only used homam for melee, i would never put the raparee into storage. 4% haste for shadows is really nice :P
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-09 04:18:32  
OH maybe I wasnt clear enough. Those numbers I was stating were how much you had BEFORE the body peice for homam to be more attacks... which really meant if you had merited triple attack and had ANY other haste gear I think rapp would be faster and if you hadnt meritted but had some decent haste gear rapp would be again... of course if your getting march or haste spells... its even more towards rapp
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-08-09 07:21:25  
THF has horrible accuracy, so it's likely you'll never have capped acc without sushi. If you have capped Triple attack merits Homam body will beat rapparee so long you wear some other haste gear or have the spell haste on. Someone did the math for Raparee vs Homam vs Enkidu, and Enkidu won the parse with Homam in second.
 Pandemonium.Bonlack
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Bonlack
By Pandemonium.Bonlack 2009-08-09 07:34:21  
If you dont have capped dagger merits and capped triple attack merits def stick with Homam. Imo Rapp harness is doodoo for a 75 to be full-timing b/c theres better bodies. I'd rather hit the mob I'm fighting then miss it faster. Enkidu/P.Body/Homam are all way better then Rapp. Plus the ability to use attack food over sushi is also a huge benefit. I only use rapp for utsu macros and thats it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-09 08:24:18  
Basically Rapparee Harness if accuracy is capped (Feint!), otherwise Homam or another accuracy body. Note if it's a SH/SH+1, Rapparee will win above acc 85%~ or so if you are getting haste + 2x march regardless.