users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Quick Question: Luminian Tissue
Quick Question: Luminian Tissue
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-07 12:48:09  
I've been farming organs in Sea off and on for about the past month, and I nearly have all the organs I need to complete 5 obis (Dark, Lightning, Ice, Earth, light). I've hit a snag though. Despite all the wildlife I've exterminated in At'Taieu, not a single Luminian Tissue has dropped. I still need 13 more tissues to finish the obis I'm currently working on.

I do have two tissues, but to the best of my knowledge, those dropped while I was helping a friend learn BLU spells from the Euvhi in the Palace. Is this the best place to farm them?
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-07 12:55:20  
no

Best place to farm them in from the Dem Crag zone.

Kill Mama Xzomits and zone the baby one. Thats how I got my 2 obis worth of tissues, and I got like 5 stacks of virtue stone pouches from the 100% xzomit drop from the mama.

I did research on the tissues, and I found that the mama xzomits from near the holla/dem/mea crags have the best drop rate, and dem's zone has like 3 xzomit groups that you can sleep/nuke/zone.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-07 13:00:17  
I never noticed any particular ones in the main Al'Taieu areas dropping them more than others. The euvhi's I farmed for my relaxing/sanative earrings seemed to drop it decently. I'd go with Korpg's suggestion if you have a jailer weapon also.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-07 13:08:47  
Yeah, I tried killing mama xzomits, but no tissues dropped. I now have somewhere between 3-4 stacks of xzomit organs though! I only tried it once, but it sounds like I should give it at least one more shot. Even though I don't need to feed a Jailer weapon just yet, I might as well stash the extra organs in Storage.

I haven't farmed organs for a Relaxing Earrng yet. I suppose I should get that done and hope the Euvhi drop a few tissues.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-07 13:18:58  
yeah, Relaxing Earring, I had like 8 extra tissues for the earring after I got my final tissue. Which sucks cause the tissues drop at the same rate lol
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-08-07 13:40:14  
Ive not noticed any particular drop rate higher from one mob type or another.

Tissues are like beastmen seals in sea. They either drop or they dont.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-07 14:57:17  
>1 month
>nearly have all the organs I need
>75BLM/37RDM

No more than 3 hours a day I hope ? Cause really it shouldn't be that long :/ Took me 1 week to get all obis + earring (long time farming tho).

And I didn't notice better drop rate from a specific kind of monster either. Usually by the time you get all necessary organs, you'll be almost done with tissue. At worse, can farm Aern inside so you get HQ organs and might as well start saving them so you can get you some Ix'MNK back.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-07 15:22:46  
Best drop rate you will find would be 7%

They flux from 1%-6% except mama xzomits at 7%
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-07 15:54:56  
Antipika said:
>1 month
>nearly have all the organs I need
>75BLM/37RDM

No more than 3 hours a day I hope ? Cause really it shouldn't be that long :/ Took me 1 week to get all obis + earring (long time farming tho).

And I didn't notice better drop rate from a specific kind of monster either. Usually by the time you get all necessary organs, you'll be almost done with tissue. At worse, can farm Aern inside so you get HQ organs and might as well start saving them so you can get you some Ix'MNK back.

I said I farmed them off and on. Maybe once or twice a week. I work around 50 hours a week, so long-time farming sessions are out of the question for me. ;)

And thanks everyone for your responses everyone. The droprate sounds disheartening no matter what, but meh, that's FFXI for ya.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-08-07 17:09:42  
ive noticed Euvhi drop tissue at a much higher rate than anything else in sea. thats after farming 6 obis, 4 gorgets, and relaxing earring. not to mention helpin friends.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-07 23:25:39  
I've suggest the Euvhi's in Garden. To me, the drop rates just seem to be a bit higher and they are easier to solo.
That asides the higher level the mob the higher the drop rate in my experience. They used to drop a lot when trying to pop Ix'Drk if I recall correctly.
...i still have a stack in my MH. :3
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-07 23:41:34  
Tallulah said:
I've suggest the Euvhi's in Garden. To me, the drop rates just seem to be a bit higher and they are easier to solo.
That asides the higher level the mob the higher the drop rate in my experience. They used to drop a lot when trying to pop Ix'Drk if I recall correctly.
...i still have a stack in my MH. :3

^ This. I've helped a lot of people get their Xzomit organs and really haven't noticed anything special about the tissue drop rates. However as Korpg says, the ones at the Dem/Holla/Mea crags may have a higher drop rate since they are higher level.

High level Euvhi's have a pretty shitty organ drop rate, but when I farmed my relaxing earring I got ~2 more tissues than organs, so at least for that you don't need to go anywhere else.

If you're ONLY after tissue though, you're best to farm Ix'drk/drg/mnk, as you'll get something else out of it at the same time.
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
サーバ: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-08-07 23:52:36  
after gettin all obi's and a relaxing earring, the drop rate sucs no matter where you farm them. I just took them a bonus on top of xp and organs.
From my experince prolly the worst drop rate of any item in the game.

Good luck
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-08 08:22:54  
Def not the worst, what makes it bad is the quantity needed.