WHM Enfeeble Sets
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-25 08:19:19  
Bumpity Bump!

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »

I have a set for casting Impact on WHM in Dark Arts for when I'm in Incursion or Ra'Kaznar. My set looks the same as the set above except I use Yagrush/Sors, Yaoyotl gloves, Sangoma/Perception, Tengu-no-obi, and Umbani boots.

I was curious what changed you folks would recommend, if any.

Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-09-26 00:03:40  
an intersting aside about impact, which is used for its all stats down enfeeble, the spell is elemental and the duration of the stat down is based on elemental skill not enfeebling. While I almost exclusively use this spell on sch, rdm, and geo, this is the set i'd use on whm if i stole jezzs yagrush

ItemSet 328735

perception ring and enchanter earring+1 could be swapped in for irrwisch and strophadic. the elemental skill does increase duration, but does no good if the spell is resisted. A half resist will result in half duration on stat down.

personally, my lehbrailg+2 is augmented with MAB28 elemental skill 8 (first stone lucky), and i am in the process of feeding a twebuliij airlixirs on macc path.

I haven't tested the math on macc, but I was always under the impression that the equation for white magic enfeebles basically went as follows

200 + (0.93 * (skill-200)) + MND/2 + macc

substitute int for mind when doing black magic enfeebles. I'm not 100% as this was the equation way back, but I don't remember them changing it, just mob resistances.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-26 07:36:22  
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
an intersting aside about impact, which is used for its all stats down enfeeble, the spell is elemental and the duration of the stat down is based on elemental skill not enfeebling. While I almost exclusively use this spell on sch, rdm, and geo, this is the set i'd use on whm if i stole jezzs yagrush

ItemSet 328735

perception ring and enchanter earring+1 could be swapped in for irrwisch and strophadic. the elemental skill does increase duration, but does no good if the spell is resisted. A half resist will result in half duration on stat down.

personally, my lehbrailg+2 is augmented with MAB28 elemental skill 8 (first stone lucky), and i am in the process of feeding a twebuliij airlixirs on macc path.

I haven't tested the math on macc, but I was always under the impression that the equation for white magic enfeebles basically went as follows

200 + (0.93 * (skill-200)) + MND/2 + macc

substitute int for mind when doing black magic enfeebles. I'm not 100% as this was the equation way back, but I don't remember them changing it, just mob resistances.

I completely forgot about Strophadic & Irrwisch. Thanks for the suggestions Mc. I'll give those new pieces a shot.