Advice On Daggers Please!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Advice on daggers please!
Advice on daggers please!
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-06 15:50:30  
Ok well i just hit 60 thief and decided time to change dagger setup as i still use Bone knife+1 and Hornet needle.

I bought two Darksteel Kukri+1 off my friend, and i cant decide on use two of them or one for mainhand with offhand hornet needle. I expect everyone will say use both kukri but when i try both setups i find /hornet a bit more fun because obviously i get more tp (and the little stat boost) but if offhand kukri is definatly better please say so!

Darksteel kukri+1 23 dmg 194 delay
Hornet needle 16 dmg 150 delay +1 agi +1dex
Thanks!
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-06 15:53:47  
DPS 7.11 VS 6.4
I'm sure you know the answer
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-08-06 15:55:41  
When do you plan to do the next limit break Minus?
I can't get Hugh to do it even though Miala already did the mini quest (Crimson Orb) for Davoi :(
 Titan.Chster
サーバ: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-08-06 15:56:09  
use the 2 darksteel when vs higher defense mobs, and hornets vs lower defense
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-08-06 15:57:47  
Kukri +1 would be my choice btw....probably because that is what I use on DNC.lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-06 15:58:32  
Generally speaking... go with the highest dmg mainhand. And good stats/dps off hand
 Odin.Dryzt
サーバ: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-08-06 16:02:55  
I went Kukri +1/Chicken knife at that level.
Chicken knife is a pretty solid offhand dagger imo.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-06 16:05:07  
Darksteel +1/Hornetneedle is perfectly fine at level 60. Although....if you really want to have some fun....pick up a Chicken Knife. It's a level 58 dagger, and while it's not as fast as the Hornetneedle, it still has a respectable DPS. Here's the best part: the additional effect of flee procs regularly! Basically, if you fight a mob that checks Tough or higher, you will have the effect of flee before the fight ends. It's an amazingly fun dagger, and I was personally sad to give it up when I dinged 68.
 Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2009-08-06 16:06:32  
I used Corsair's knife's
worked out well for me.
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-08-06 16:07:46  
Eeek said:
Darksteel +1/Hornetneedle is perfectly fine at level 60. Although....if you really want to have some fun....pick up a Chicken Knife. It's a level 58 dagger, and while it's not as fast as the Hornetneedle, it still has a respectable DPS. Here's the best part: the additional effect of flee procs regularly! Basically, if you fight a mob that checks Tough or higher, you will have the effect of flee before the fight ends. It's an amazingly fun dagger, and I was personally sad to give it up when I dinged 68.

agreed. not only fun but also helpful when pulling birds^^
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-06 16:10:22  
Shayala said:
When do you plan to do the next limit break Minus?
I can't get Hugh to do it even though Miala already did the mini quest (Crimson Orb) for Davoi :(

probly not for a long time >.< someone told me u can solo it though

Eeek said:

I was going to buy a chicken knife but none in AH and when there was i already got both of these, i might sell one kukri seeing as its 60k and i find the other setup more fun anyway, i gues next upgrade will be at 68/69 with Harpe and Sirroco
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2009-08-06 16:12:02  
Mkris onry.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-06 16:13:41  
Yeah, you can solo LB3 as THF. The only tricky part is activating the torch on the top floor of Castle Oztroja without being spotted by the IT Yagudo.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-06 16:15:14  
Thandar said:
Mkris onry.

For a zerging DRK or a meriting COR.
[+]
 Asura.Vespera
By Asura.Vespera 2009-08-06 16:15:43  
I used Corsair's Knife / Hornetneedle until Cermet Kukiri +1 @62 and kept hornetneedle offhanded until 65 which I then replaced with Garuda's Dagger. Some diss it but frankly it has decent DPS, 7 attack and 3 extra AGI for your assassin TA and even silence effect should you fight anything mage-like.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2009-08-06 16:16:37  
I use it for zerging on DRK >.>
It's also for having fun on my THF.
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-08-06 16:17:43  
Eeek said:
Yeah, you can solo LB3 as THF. The only tricky part is activating the torch on the top floor of Castle Oztroja without being spotted by the IT Yagudo.

hit torch.
flee.
hide.
^_^
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-08-06 16:24:17  
Dryzt said:
Eeek said:

hit torch.
flee.
hide.
^_^

I know, but you know mobs like to be *** and turn around at the worst possible moments. :P
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-08-06 16:28:17  
lol yeah, I hate that >.<
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-06 16:48:39  
I dont really notice the dmg difference on VT mobs im skilling on so i think ima sell offhand kukri for 60k :D. Also spent a long time and got alot ofhelp getting hornet needle >.>;; something like 7pm to 4am to get the pop item
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-08-07 04:00:30  
Vespera said:
I used Corsair's Knife / Hornetneedle until Cermet Kukiri +1 @62 and kept hornetneedle offhanded until 65 which I then replaced with Garuda's Dagger. Some diss it but frankly it has decent DPS, 7 attack and 3 extra AGI for your assassin TA and even silence effect should you fight anything mage-like.

This is what i did too. After the amount of time it took to get that feckin dagger I made sure i got as much out of it as I could XD.
Speaking of which i went to help a friend the other day. 1/1 on bee larvae.. ;;
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-07 06:06:21  

This is what i did too. After the amount of time it took to get that feckin dagger I made sure i got as much out of it as I could XD.
Speaking of which i went to help a friend the other day. 1/1 on bee larvae.. ;;[/quote]

damn........ if only lol, in theory though, wouldnt something like Garudas dagger offhand help with dancing edge more than something with just a few more dmg on it due to other stats? Not only that, the reason im keeping hornet needle is because i get tp so much faster i think the tp gain makes up for the dmg in the amount of Dancing edges i do
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-07 06:33:11  
Um... really the whole really low delay stopped being good a long time ago... sure you attack faster but since they removed the tp floor you get less tp per hit still so it more or less evens out.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-07 09:11:56  
Focus on low delay when you get higher. My Fane/Blau combo paired with suppa, dual wield +2% Mirke, brutal, and haste songs/spell I attack pretty damn quick and DA/TA proc quite often.

So that said, Cor knife/chicken or Cor/MKris for fun.

Edit: Should go without saying but make sure your low delay has a good DPS too.
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-08-07 09:51:58  
Excesspain said:
Focus on low delay when you get higher. My Fane/Blau combo paired with suppa, dual wield +2% Mirke, brutal, and haste songs/spell I attack pretty damn quick and DA/TA proc quite often.

So that said, Cor knife/chicken or Cor/MKris for fun.

Edit: Should go without saying but make sure your low delay has a good DPS too.

question on the Mirke, would the 2% dual wield bonus give you faster attack speed than 4% haste on Rapparee?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-07 09:55:13  
Not faster, but the difference isn't huge until you have 50%+ in Haste.