Summoners Getting Hastega II!!!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoners getting Hastega II!!!
Summoners getting Hastega II!!!
By Keido 2014-06-26 21:24:15  
Quote:
While I can’t speak in too much detail about the adjustments that will be made to summoner, I’d like to give an overview on what the development team has in mind.

In the future we will be adding new Blood Pacts for avatars, one example of what they are planning to add is Hastega II. Additionally, they would like to make adjustments to Avatar’s Favor and also increase the ways that summoner can support other party members.

In terms of new avatars, the team is planning to release Atomos in the September version update.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42890-Haste-II-and-SMN?p=513321&viewfull=1#post513321

This looks promising new pacts new favors new life again!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-26 21:26:18  
And the death of RDM before it was resurrected...

We told ya not to get your hopes up!
[+]
By Keido 2014-06-26 21:29:25  
I dont know they got some new debuffs and if SMN can manage the haste cycle with up to 8 min hastega II that would allow RDM to do what they do better maybe.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-26 21:39:50  
If RDM doesn't have a unique and useful buff like haste 2 exclusively, nothing else it does will warrant an invite. (assuming the ranged haste is still exclusive)
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-06-26 22:54:35  
Odin.Jassik said: »
If RDM doesn't have a unique and useful buff like haste 2 exclusively, nothing else it does will warrant an invite. (assuming the ranged haste is still exclusive)

Incoming SMN also gets Flurryga II.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-26 23:55:34  
Atomos is also in that post lol. I'll believe it when I see it!...

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2014-06-27 01:19:22  
Oh boy, oh boy, that will make SMN's a mandatory job in all end-game parties now.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-27 07:31:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
Oh boy, oh boy, that will make SMN's a mandatory job in all end-game parties now.

That would be nice, but it'll take a lot more than this to guarantee SMN's a spot in most endgame parties.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-27 07:34:28  
doesn't change anything: march is faster, single target haste2 is more flexible, and both rdm and brd bring a lot more to the table than smn

adds additional utility for situations you already bring a smn for earthen armor(nice for melee setup kamlanauts i guess, could free up a song?), but that's about it
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-27 07:34:46  
It would be nice for stuff like ouryu/stellar if haste II doesn't get erased by slow II.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eron
By Quetzalcoatl.Eron 2014-06-27 08:21:33  
Okay, now can I use haste with accession? You guys can keep your fancy haste II, just give me an AoE haste on main SCH.
By Ophannus 2014-06-27 08:24:18  
It depends on the % of each tbh. There's no status of "slow ii" and "haste ii", its just slow% and haste%. If the haste ii effect is +30% and the slow effect from bai wing is -31%, the slow will overwrite. I'm pretty sure that's how it works when it comes to priority. Isnt it the same for defense/attack bonus? Like acid bolts wont remove cocoon but aegis schism will?
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-06-27 09:08:29  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
doesn't change anything: march is faster, single target haste2 is more flexible, and both rdm and brd bring a lot more to the table than smn

Right now, pre-update, RDM might, MIGHT, have a bit more flexibility going for it, but RDM doesn't bring anything to the table that other jobs can't do better. Where as SMN does, albeit a very scarce reason.

That said, March and Haste stack, and if we keep chugging the brain power a long that track a little bit we can reach "Smarttown", here we think about things like "If Haste II is x% Haste, a BRD might only need to use 1 March, leaving an extra slot open for an Accuracy or Attack or Utility song", and so forth.

Its really more about what possibilities these abilities could open. Personally, Flurry, if potent enough, will make RDM in a party very nice for a lot of RNG-used endgame content, which there still is a relatively good amount of, even if its the "Safe side" route.

While SMN isn't exactly in the best place of its life right now, Hastega II would be a welcome addition and if potent enough could easily open up the possibility of different song configurations and what have you that can in the end benefit the party a good deal.

This is all assuming situations where you'd find yourself in a party as SMN and/or RDM, not assuming situations where you won't. PS preemptive those exist don't be dumb.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-27 09:12:54  
My issue is, are SMNs going to get more attacks?

Outside of Fenrir/Diabolos/Carby, the 6 elemental avatars haven't had an attack added since level 75 Group 2 merits were introduced...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-27 12:09:08  
all I know is my gut says maybe
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-06-27 12:16:12  
I mean those attacks do quite a bit of damage and have scalled with ilvl and new gear(flaming crush/pred claws do pretty nuts damage). Should a job that isnt billed as a primary main dd class be doing 30k BPs? They probably dont want SMN competing with jobs like mnk and sam since smn can also hastega and heal/debuff. Maybe slight buffs but i doubt anything substantial(damage can be pretty crazy with +BP% gear).
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2014-06-27 12:25:57  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

That would be nice, but it'll take a lot more than this to guarantee SMN's a spot in most edgame parties.

Guess I need to work on my sarcasm.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-27 12:59:53  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

That would be nice, but it'll take a lot more than this to guarantee SMN's a spot in most edgame parties.

Guess I need to work on my sarcasm.

Sarcasm tags would be a good place to start.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-27 13:09:28  
Ophannus said: »
I mean those attacks do quite a bit of damage and have scalled with ilvl and new gear(flaming crush/pred claws do pretty nuts damage). Should a job that isnt billed as a primary main dd class be doing 30k BPs? They probably dont want SMN competing with jobs like mnk and sam since smn can also hastega and heal/debuff. Maybe slight buffs but i doubt anything substantial(damage can be pretty crazy with +BP% gear).

The only thing that would make SMN a desirable endgame job is if each avatar is given new buffs/abilities that are not available elsewhere, that have a significant effect on party efficiency.

Things like Snapshot for melee, an ability that gives complete immunity for party members to damage and status effects matching the avatar's element (including curse and death), an ability that enables higher-tier weaponskill chains than are currently possible, a Cait Sith ability called "9 lives" (hehe) that gives party members a benediction effect when near death, etc etc.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-27 13:18:26  
if avatar favor was capped from the time the avatar is summoned, smn would already be used a lot more.
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-27 13:45:14  
It would be great if Summoner is given job abilities that can let them switch either DD or Buffer roles, on three minutes timer. So if they use the DD JA, their damage will be doubled all across the board but can't access Ward Pact, and get defense penalties (meaning you cannot melee, and can easily get one shotted). And if they use the Buffer JA, all the ward and avatar favor will doubled in efficiency and get double defense.

Though I agree that BP Wards need adjustment very badly, and Avatar Favor needs to be doubled or tripled potency and no penalty so Summoner can complement Bard (or Corsair).

As of now, buffer jobs is pretty much BARD (and Corsair). If they let Geo has two bubbles and one self cast, then Geo can be a decent bard replacement (just need Scherzo type of spells). RDM should be able to cast Temper to any members (incl Alliance) - and should get Scherzo type of spells (it's bad enough that Addle is given to WHM...). And if SE tweak so that Summoner can switch between buffers and DD with Job Abilities... all those 3-5 minutes Summoner buffs looks mighty sweet - assuming they are adjusted to level 119.
 Bismarck.Godin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Godin
By Bismarck.Godin 2014-06-27 14:13:39  
Luvbunny1 said: »
It would be great if Summoner is given job abilities that can let them switch either DD or Buffer roles, on three minutes timer. So if they use the DD JA, their damage will be doubled all across the board but can't access Ward Pact, and get defense penalties (meaning you cannot melee, and can easily get one shotted). And if they use the Buffer JA, all the ward and avatar favor will doubled in efficiency and get double defense.

Though I agree that BP Wards need adjustment very badly, and Avatar Favor needs to be doubled or tripled potency and no penalty so Summoner can complement Bard (or Corsair).

As of now, buffer jobs is pretty much BARD (and Corsair). If they let Geo has two bubbles and one self cast, then Geo can be a decent bard replacement (just need Scherzo type of spells). RDM should be able to cast Temper to any members (incl Alliance) - and should get Scherzo type of spells (it's bad enough that Addle is given to WHM...). And if SE tweak so that Summoner can switch between buffers and DD with Job Abilities... all those 3-5 minutes Summoner buffs looks mighty sweet - assuming they are adjusted to level 119.

No. I'm so sick of the answer to everything being "stances!" Favor IS SMN's stance; we don't need more, we need to make existing stuff useful.