Ideas For New Blue Mage Spells (July Update)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Ideas for new Blue mage spells (July update)
Ideas for new Blue mage spells (July update)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Enuyasha 2014-06-22 04:54:11  
I wonder if BLU will get light blade since kam'lanaut isnt bound to a mission anymore...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-22 06:58:32  
Just a little nitpicking, nothing too serious, but your Ixion abilities aren't exactly correct, and missing a few.

-Scintillant lance is used by the white variant (you have the regular Ixion picture).

(Regular one uses Lightning Spear: Conal Thunder damage+Amnesia.)

-Rampart Stance: Inflicts Stun, not Weight.

-Trample: Isn't Aspir, it simply lowers MP. This isn't even a proper TP ability, so unlikely to get this.

-Damsel Memento: Cures all ailments in addition to healing.

-Wrath of Zeus: I believe only Dark Ixion, and the regular Ixion in Legion can use it. AoE Thunder damage+Silence.

-Acheron Kick: Cone Physical damage. Have my suspicions it can critical hit aswell, seen some random nasty ones in my day.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 07:01:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Just a little nitpicking, nothing too serious, but your Ixion abilities aren't exactly correct, and missing a few.

-Scintillant lance is used by the white variant (you have the regular Ixion picture).

(Regular one uses Lightning Spear: Conal Thunder damage+Amnesia.)

-Rampart Stance: Inflicts Stun, not Weight.

-Trample: Isn't Aspir, it simply lowers MP. This isn't even a proper TP ability, so unlikely to get this.

-Damsel Memento: Cures all ailments in addition to healing.

-Wrath of Zeus: I believe only Dark Ixion, and the regular Ixion in legion can use it. AoE Thunder damage+Silence.

-Acheron Kick: Cone Physical damage. Have my suspicions it can critical hit aswell, seen some random nasty ones in my day.

Oh thanks for the corrections; I'll edit that soon. I was under the impression that all Monoceros use the same ws's...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-22 07:02:24  
np :)
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 07:03:14  
I added the following to the list:

- Gallu
- Yovra
- Chariot
- Dullahan (missing ws's)
- Flutirini (missing ws's)
- Gears
- Acrolith
- Meeble
- Corpselight

And I also split Alicorn and Dark Ixion into two seperate monsters. Have fun learning from the latter if it gets added :p
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 07:19:36  
So as of now I'm trying to find a weaponskill list for the following monsters:

Dullahan
Flutirini

So if anyone has info on (some of) the ws's of these monsters I would greatly appreciate it =)
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-06-22 07:34:02  
The abyssea-Uhl ponies lance attack is light damage not thunder and there is a Dark Ixion type in abyssea-vunkerl but I dont think it uses dark Ixions signature moves.

For tulfaire you can look up the bst jug pet for a few moves and.their effects.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 07:49:51  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
The abyssea-Uhl ponies lance attack is light damage not thunder and there is a Dark Ixion type in abyssea-vunkerl but I dont think it uses dark Ixions signature moves.

For tulfaire you can look up the bst jug pet for a few moves and.their effects.

:o Didn't think of that. Tyvm!
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 07:52:49  
Added 2 ws's for Tulfaire.
By tennotsukai87 2014-06-22 08:02:25  
I'd love some spells that would let people start shouting for blu's in parties. Haste 2 from Zealous Snort, a max HP+ spell, defensive buffs like magic eva+, magic def+, maybe pentapeck for an amnesia or swooping frenzy with a def/mdef down that actually are accurate, and of course Spike Flail.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-22 08:17:04  
They won't add shadow Lord stuff. They don't add special mission moves from those mob. Also there's an easy dark ixion in the first wave of muru that can keep reappearing.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 09:42:13  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
They won't add shadow Lord stuff. They don't add special mission moves from those mob. Also there's an easy dark ixion in the first wave of muru that can keep reappearing.

One can dream, right? :(
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-22 09:45:43  
Honestly, I think expecting anything from monsters outside of Adoulin in this particular update is a bit overly optimistic. They don't typically release more than 12ish spells at a time and you could easily fill all those slots with more recently used monster types.

As for snapweeds, here are three of their moves. They might have a couple more, I forget. I think there's also a >0 chance that we could see another Velkk move, since they like to give us two moves from Beastmen with two noticeably different types.
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-06-22 10:01:57  
I'd like a spell that gives us an enspell effect. We swing so often, it could really add up maybe make it an enlight but it really would be nonelemental. Also a self buff that enhances accuracy and gives multistrike+10-15%.

And AoE cure tied to UL would be nice for ohsh*t situations. I'm thinking Restoral.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-06-22 10:13:26  
Just throwing this one out there, what about Goblin Dice? Would probably be a UL spell since it has a small chance to Benediction or Recharge Abilities, maybe a bit OP? Also we don't have a spell from the Simulacra (Dyna statues) yet. Tormentful Glare might come in handy if it lands on bosses.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-22 10:58:57  
Really ve your work. You should post it on the official playonline message poard. At least a link and maybe the developers will see it.

That corpse breath from sperm would be nice. A dark breath spell. They are also found in WOTG Xarcabard and glazier "S"

Quadav:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Quadav

I only bring these guys up as they are steel ones. They have a move called Diamond shell. Prevents from any back attack dmg taken. be so nice if not facing mob but nuking or running away.
By Ophannus 2014-06-22 10:59:37  
Benediction/wildcard/full tp erase on target/sleep target on a 5min timer? Lol.

I suppose it could be overhauled to be like a mini phantom roll with random effects. There's like 4 statue types and each have a unique glare move so doubt theyd add all 4 or maybe just give the Stomp as an upgraded whirl of rage.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-22 11:22:55  
]Just out of curiously where would the VW whale fit in on this? He is the only whale in game so not sure what type of mob he is. Bismark the whale?

wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/File:Bismarck.jpg
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 14:14:35  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
]Just out of curiously where would the VW whale fit in on this? He is the only whale in game so not sure what type of mob he is. Bismark the whale?

It's part of the Aquan family, the species is known as a Pteraketos.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Pteraketos
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 14:15:26  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Honestly, I think expecting anything from monsters outside of Adoulin in this particular update is a bit overly optimistic. They don't typically release more than 12ish spells at a time and you could easily fill all those slots with more recently used monster types.

As for snapweeds, here are three of their moves. They might have a couple more, I forget. I think there's also a >0 chance that we could see another Velkk move, since they like to give us two moves from Beastmen with two noticeably different types.

Thank you! I think they only have 3 though.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 14:18:27  
Added two ws suggestions for Snapweed.
Watch in a few weeks when SE gives us the 3rd unlisted one (AoE gravity + drown... yech).
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 15:20:58  
Ophannus said: »
I'd like a spell that gives us an enspell effect.We swing so often, it could really add up maybe make it an enlight but it really would be nonelemental. Also a self buff that enhances accuracy and gives multistrike+10-15%.

And AoE cure tied to UL would be nice for ohsh*t situations. I'm thinking Restoral.

Leafkin have one =)
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-06-22 15:57:43  
Can I has Lethe Arrows?

More long distance spells with skillchain properties and a decent MP cost mmmm.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 16:12:42  
Let's see... We got 11 spells with the last batch.

Assuming we are getting roughly the same amount this time; this would be a realistic list:

1) Waktza
2) Kumhau
3) Yumcax
4) Raaz
5) Heartwing
6) Snapweed
7) Leafkin
8) Tulfaire
9) Mantid
10) Dullahan
11) Fluterini

Last 3 could be swapped for something else; depending if SE cares for older monsters... (I hope they do...)
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 16:13:36  
Also, holy crap.. realized we still don't have something from Orobon >_>

Adding it to the list. Pretty annoying monsters to fight sometime, but they're so awesome in Monstrosity :')

EDIT: I've put a link up at the official forum (like someone suggested). It will probably fall on deaf ears, since I imagine (most of) the new spells are already decided or implemented in their build. Still, I feel like I had to post it on the official forums as well, in the small chance that SE still has a slot or two for spells left.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-22 18:48:53  
One last bump before I go to bed -w-
Night, peeps! Thanks again for all the comments and feedback so far =)
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-06-22 19:05:21  
i kinda see leafkin and heartwings in the same category as pixies, and i'm not entirely sure that heartwings aren't considered elementals? we don't have any elemental(family) spells.

another thing i'd love to see is for blues to get a contemporary spell to impact. seems like most endgame mobs have a 'all stats down' ability anymore, so there's a plethora to choose from;
naraka- yaksha oblivion
mantid- phlegm expulsion? or macerating bite?
iron giant- scapula beam
cehuetzi- glassy nova
sandworm-extreme purgation

i know there's more i'm forgetting
By kasain 2014-06-22 21:35:32  
Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

It's part of the Aquan family, the species is known as a Pteraketos.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Pteraketos

What spell do they give us? Looking at the list we dont have any of their spells.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-22 21:56:49  
sigh
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-23 03:27:07  
Only three new spells!? Please have more!

Blue mages will be capable of learning the following spells.

Erratic Flutter (Lv. 99, Recast time: 45 sec.)
Increases attack speed.

Thrashing Assault (Lv. 99, Recast time: 60 sec.)
Delivers a fourfold attack.

Subduction (Lv. 99, Recast time: 5 sec.)
Deals wind damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Weight.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8