users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Merirsovo Ring Findings
Merirsovo Ring Findings
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 15:52:34  
you're wrong afania, the ring is just +5, the hat is +50, you cannot wear that ring and come back and look me in the face and say you get refresh +5 from it from an evoker's roll that would give say, +1 refresh, it doesn't work like that. when you wear those rings w/ lanun tricorn you then stack to phantom roll effects +53 or +55, not w/e else math you're mistaking here. i use both regularly
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 15:52:38  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
There's a chance I'm very wrong here, but I was under the assumption that Roll Effects +50 is just saying that there's a 50% chance to get the Job Bonus, up from the 33% chance of the NQ.

The rings work in all situations, but if you a DRK in your party and use Chaos rolls the hat shouldn't be doing anything but making you look piratey.

They also work for rolls without a job to give them a bonus.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of our Emp refresh has some + Phantom Roll on it too.Seeing how it augments some of our rolls, that'd be a nice bonus.

I thought HQ hat is only 33%? Even if it's 50% proc rate ring is still more potent than hat.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 15:55:40  
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
you're wrong afania, the ring is just +5, the hat is +50, you cannot wear that ring and come back and look me in the face ands ay you get refresh +5 from it, it doesn't work like that. when you wear those rings w/ lanun tricorn you then stack to phantom roll effects +53 or +55, not w/e else math you're mistaking here. i use both regularly

= = I blame SE for changing the description on hat.......

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Comm._Tricorne
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 15:57:52  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
you're wrong afania, the ring is just +5, the hat is +50, you cannot wear that ring and come back and look me in the face ands ay you get refresh +5 from it, it doesn't work like that. when you wear those rings w/ lanun tricorn you then stack to phantom roll effects +53 or +55, not w/e else math you're mistaking here. i use both regularly

true, i truthfully can't say anything about a proc rate as w/ reforged its only been 100% for me if the job in question is present, i've never not noticed the effects + active if the job is there.

i did my testing w/ tactician's roll. w/ rings w/o rings/ w/ hat w/o hat. the values were always present if they were equipped at the time of the roll. and you could see the math easier while watching your tp raise w/ more digits to see now since update.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:01:34  

true, i truthfully can't say anything about a proc rate as w/ reforged its only been 100% for me if the job in question is present, i've never not noticed the effects + active if the job is there

Ah, it's always 100% with right jobs regardless you're wearing a hat or not. You should read the post from last page which explains how job bonus and relic hat works.
By Afania 2014-07-06 16:03:47  

i did my testing w/ tactician's roll. w/ rings w/o rings/ w/ hat w/o hat. the values were always present if they were equipped at the time of the roll. and you could see the math easier while watching your tp raise w/ more digits to see now since update.

Hat doesn't augment tactician's roll - -, only empy body does. And rumor says +5 ring is broken with tact roll too.

Again, go read how hat/job bonus works. Hat avg 5% bonus for chaos roll assuming 50% proc rate, ring is straight +15%.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:05:32  

true, i truthfully can't say anything about a proc rate as w/ reforged its only been 100% for me if the job in question is present, i've never not noticed the effects + active if the job is there

Ah, it's always 100% with right jobs regardless you're wearing a hat or not. You should read the post from last page which explains how job bonus and relic hat works.

no doubt no doubt , the only point i was originally making is the rings are just +3 or +5, w/o the hat you would be phantom roll effects +3 or +5, w/ the hat you're phantom roll effects +53 or +55, but never +58 since the rings don't stack w/ each other just the hat.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:06:29  
Afania said: »

Hat doesn't augment tactician's roll - -, only empy body does. And rumor says +5 ring is broken with tact roll too.

Again, go read how hat/job bonus works. Hat avg 5% bonus for chaos roll assuming 50% proc rate, ring is straight +15%.

tactician's roll works w/ either ring, you can see the difference in TP gain w/ either one on now that you see 4 digits of TP after update. why its not working for everyone who said its not idk, i did this w/o wearing empy+2 body and seen difference in regain tick w/ both rings seperately.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:07:36  

no doubt no doubt , the only point i was originally making is the rings are just +3 or +5, w/o the hat you would be phantom roll effects +3 or +5, w/ the hat you're phantom roll effects +53 or +55, but never +58 since the rings don't stack w/ each other just the hat.

But you just understand the hat description wrong, it doesn't give +55. Go back to last page and read what balloon said or bg-wiki link.
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-06 16:08:05  

The hat is a different effect that is worded incredibly poorly. It gives a 50% chance for the job bonus aspect of rolls to come into effect. If the roll isn't related to a job (Tacticians, etc) then no bonus will be applied.

If we were getting +55 phantom roll we'd be receiving +165% attack per roll. And if you're reading this, Dev team, I'm not closed to that idea.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:09:44  

The hat is a different effect that is worded incredibly poorly. It gives a 50% chance for the job bonus aspect of rolls to come into effect. If the roll isn't related to a job (Tacticians, etc) then no bonus will be applied.

If we were getting +55 phantom roll we'd be receiving +165% attack per roll.

ah ok i see what you're saying
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:11:01  
so why is my atk different if i buff w/o hat and rings solo than it would be w/ hat and rings... solo?

whole reforge thing is splitting my cranium. when i'm solo on cor/dnc, and use chaos roll w/o hat or ring, my attack is different than what it is when i reapply same buffs w/ hat and ring.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-06 16:12:47  
so why is my atk different if i buff w/o hat and rings solo than it would be w/ hat and rings... solo?

Because if you're in a party with a DRK the job bonus is applied 100% of the time, otherwise with the hat there's a 50% chance. That's why the hat is useless if you're rolling with that job in the party.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:13:59  

Because if you're in a party with a DRK the job bonus is applied 100% of the time, otherwise with the hat there's a 50% chance. That's why the hat is useless if you're rolling with that job in the party.

no, i'm solo
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:14:10  

We've been explaining this for pages, just go read bg-wiki about ring/hat bonus for chaos roll......
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-06 16:14:34  
Rings have nothing to do with hat so they still give you a bonus. It does not rely on a job being in the pt.

Rings give +3 or +5 regardless.

Hat ONLY helps if there isn't a matching job in your party. And then only a chance at it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:17:06  

no, i'm solo

Since you're too lazy to read bg-wiki I'll just post the number.

If you roll a No.4 solo without hat/ring, you get 25% attack boost.

If you put your hat on, you have 50% of chance to get 35% attack boost. So half the time you get 25% half the time you get 35%.

If you put your ring up but not hat, you get 40% attack boost all the time.

If you put both ring and hat on, half the time you get 40% half the time you get 50%.

Is that clear?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:21:21  
i did it again just to be sure, w/o hat and ring on, snake eyes chaos roll put attack attack at 719 , removed the buff and reapplied w/ hat and rings and attack is 847.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-06 16:22:19  
i did it again just to be sure, w/o hat and ring on, snake eyes chaos roll put attack attack at 719 , removed the buff and reapplied w/ hat and rings and attack is 847.

Asking questions is fine, but you actually need to read the answers. Please read the post just above yours, it's very clear.

Tricorne description needs rewording, ironically they changed most of those descriptions to be more understandable (Focus +27 etc) but made the COR one much more confusing.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:22:26  
ok i see what you're saying , i get it now. so the rings are unique to themselves while the tricorn description is lies
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:23:10  

And? It doesn't contradict what we were saying.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:24:02  
its not a pissin contest, i'm tryin to get a grasp on it, cause the tricorn description is misleading, w/o ring but just hat i'm at 784. so i'm getting what you're saying now.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-06 16:25:31  
At least put a modicum of attention into your grammar please, this conversation is already confusing as it is.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:28:35  
its not a pissin contest, i'm tryin to get a grasp on it, cause the tricorn description is misleading, w/o ring but just hat i'm at 784. so i'm getting what you're saying now.

It's not a pissing contest, but it's annoying that 4 ppl spent half an hour typing and linking the info but you wouldn't read.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-06 16:29:22  

It's not a pissing contest, but it's annoying that 2 ppl spent half an hour typing and linking the info and you wouldn't read.

I'll also add that we've been fairly polite about it.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:30:15  

It's not a pissing contest, but it's annoying that 2 ppl spent half an hour typing and linking the info and you wouldn't read.

no doubt , not sure where the hostility is coming from, we're debating and discussing here. this is the stepping stones for progress.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:34:47  

no doubt , not sure where the hostility is coming from, we're debating and discussing here. this is the stepping stones for progress.

If you talk to another individual but not listening to what they're saying, I highly doubt there are many ppl out there that wouldn't have any hostility in such situation.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-06 16:36:30  
yea but i'd much rather prefer to talk to people instead of linking to pages , people tried to link me to "zombie" on old wiki long time ago and we ruined that nonsense, theres no such thing, only curse and enhanced curse all broken w/ cursna or enhances cursna gear. never was such a thing.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-06 16:41:25  
yea but i'd much rather prefer to talk to people instead of linking to pages , people tried to link me to "zombie" on old wiki long time ago and we ruined that nonsense, theres no such thing, only curse and enhanced curse all broken w/ cursna or enhances cursna gear. never was such a thing.

The point is that the pages on bg-wiki is 10x more clear. Further more if we explain how it works by typing we either have to copy and using the page as reference or spend half an hour typing everything, when one link can solve all the issue and save a lot of time.

Yeah, it's not a big deal to ask questions, I just feel you're not respecting other ppl's time by insist not to read wiki and asked same question(and made us typed the same answer) multiple time.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-06 16:43:43  

When you want to know something, check wiki's first, then ask if you don't understand. If you don't have a grasp on the subject then it's pretty difficult to ask the right questions or understand the answers when they are told to you.