Quick Belt, Swift Belt, Velocious/Speed Belt.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Quick belt, Swift belt, Velocious/Speed belt.
Quick belt, Swift belt, Velocious/Speed belt.
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-04 11:15:12  
Ok so for my 57 thief (highest lvl), i want to start a bit of a haste build, i have my rapparee harnes (4%haste) and im currently farming bravo sub (2% haste) which leaves me with the belt.

Now for obvious reasons i cant get speed/velocious seeing as i cant kill the nm and its a *** to get ToD, and speed belt costs like whatever ridiculous amount it is.(Possibility is if i just make money for months after capping crafts?)

Swift belt: Im up to Mamet fight in CoP and people tell me i have "a long way to go" im not even sure if im a high enough lvl to go that far in (if anyone could spread light on this i would be happy).

And last, Quick belt, the easy way out. Is quickbelt lolgear? or would it be worth just buying it and not worrying about the others till later?
 Asura.Charlottie
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-04 11:19:30  
swift belt
get a codex, get another one and have a friend hold it.
do mammet fight. do some other junk. do ouryu.

join swift belt run. or organize one. preferably with friends of course.

that's what you *should* do. quick belt sucks but if you have the Need for Speed, go ahead. life belt or something like that would be best until swift.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-04 11:20:07  
I would say stick to life belt/potent belt until you can get swift. Maybe grab quick belt for Ichi if you have extra gil...
[+]
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-08-04 11:20:15  
Swiftbelt is your best bet. Just keep plugging away at CoP. You're five fights away from access to Sacrarium.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-04 11:25:07  
Ok are all these fights capped seeing as my highest level is 57

Also i already got a codex :D:D
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-08-04 11:26:28  
Chains of Promathia Mission list
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-04 11:28:18  
2-5 is capped Lv.40
3-3 is uncapped
3-5 is capped Lv.40
4-2 is capped Lv.50
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-04 11:30:20  
sweet so i can use my drg on capped 40 ones as thats probly preferable over thief, then use thf for last one ^^

I think i might start organizing some CoP!
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-04 11:40:22  
has anyone else been told if u do ks99 and you get speed belt u have to split it with your ls as well as give your bb items to members who need it?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-04 11:43:50  
Kyri said:
has anyone else been told if u do ks99 and you get speed belt u have to split it with your ls as well as give your bb items to members who need it?

Nope. Only merc KS99s have I heard about splitting belt. And then its like 10m you and the LS splits the rest.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-04 11:46:45  
Hypnotizd said:
Kyri said:

Nope. Only merc KS99s have I heard about splitting belt. And then its like 10m you and the LS splits the rest.

im confused by what this means ; ; please go on lol
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-04 11:49:47  
i was told in my new ls that if we ever do ks99 and you get a speed belt, you have to split it with everyone(the whole thing) and if you get black belt items they are to be donated to anyone who needs them
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-08-04 11:51:27  
Kyri said:
i was told in my new ls that if we ever do ks99 and you get a speed belt, you have to split it with everyone(the whole thing) and if you get black belt items they are to be donated to anyone who needs them

Your LS has an interesting definition of "your" Kindred Seals.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-04 11:51:58  
Minusseven said:
Hypnotizd said:
Kyri said:

im confused by what this means ; ; please go on lol

Hmm, sorry if that was confusing. I've seen LS's do KS99s for non LS members for a small fee like 50k. That fee is waived if a speed belt drops. The LS keeps the speed belt and pays the orb holder 10m gil while splitting the rest of the profits of the sale among the LS members.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-04 11:52:52  
ohh right i get what you mean, i thought u ment something to do with swift ^^; I didnt realise there was a ks99 for speed belt, and wow that sounds pretty selfish, he probly used all his seals the day before he said that ^^:
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-04 11:54:48  
im glad im not the only one who feels seals that take most people forever should make them money. where the peps who i pay out gonna be when they do thiers and im not there?
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-08-04 11:56:52  
Kyri said:
im glad im not the only one who feels seals that take most people forever should make them money. where the peps who i pay out gonna be when they do thiers and im not there?

Seems like you should hold on to your seals until you find a group that will do "your orb your drops".

KS99 is a big undertaking, but with the right group (read: friends) its manageable.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-04 12:03:35  
eeeeb just claimed odqan for 12th time, i be so happy if it dropss pleaseee 1/12 ; ; COMONNN
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-08-04 12:09:09  
For KS99 what we do is the person with the orb picks one item in the treasure pool and everything else goes free lot. I love it that way since all you really care for is speed belt drop anyway. Also that way people who are only coming to help can get something.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-04 12:12:56  
.....................0/12 ; ;
 Pandemonium.Bonlack
user: Bonlack
By Pandemonium.Bonlack 2009-08-04 12:14:32  
Kyri said:

Any LS that does this your getting *** over, unless it's a KS99 shell that does this for gil. Almost any LS gives the orb holder THE best drop or 2 best drops pending on what they are. Then BB items are alotted to those in the LS who need or sold off to buyers into the LS bank to be given out in paychecks. If your LS takes an item that dropped on your orb then you need to find a new shell.
 Carbuncle.Elgato
By Carbuncle.Elgato 2009-08-04 12:29:36  
I never done a ks99.
I was told about 3 years ago about a ls that does this fights and I was told that I was in some kind of waiting list.
The rules were: you can have the money drops or bb item.

I have about 650 KSs
If any1 know any ls that do this (on Carbuncle) please help me out, I want a bb and lots of gil :)
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-04 12:31:49  
sorry dude if i did id go to them too, tho invader said he might have an intrest on doing it
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-08-04 12:38:00  
Minusseven said:
.....................0/12 ; ;

I don't know how much are the subligar on your server but it's one of those items where you might be better to farm the gils elsewhere and just buy it.

I killed that thing roughly 100 times and I got between 10 and 15 pair of subligar and I consider myself very lucky. Took me about 20 kill for my first pair, if you keep trying it will drop! ^^
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-04 12:39:02  
Minusseven said:
sweet so i can use my drg on capped 40 ones as thats probly preferable over thief, then use thf for last one ^^

I think i might start organizing some CoP!
you'll want to be thief for 3-5 and bring some thiefs tools. It'll save you a lot of time
 Carbuncle.Elgato
By Carbuncle.Elgato 2009-08-04 12:40:17  
Cool!
I will try talkin to him.
I may get something done :)
Got lots of seals and I can always get lots more :)
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-04 12:45:25  
V.Belt solo'd is probably the best way to go.

You can't even trust people for Swift Belt, too many cases of steals.

Speed Belt also, its just too easy for anyone to lot/steal your belt if it drops...
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-04 12:53:04  
Korpg said:
V.Belt solo'd is probably the best way to go.

You can't even trust people for Swift Belt, too many cases of steals.

Speed Belt also, its just too easy for anyone to lot/steal your belt if it drops...

Quartermaster
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-04 12:57:05  
QM might work for Swift Belt, but nobody is going to join your KS99 run if they don't get any rewards.....
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-08-04 13:00:37  
True on that ks99s are such a hassle imo
First Page 2