Mass Rise In Children Crossing Into The US

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mass rise in children crossing into the US
Mass rise in children crossing into the US
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
By Jetackuu 2014-07-15 16:35:25  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Sums up the mentality of the neocons who are freaking out about this.

Ill Eagles ***.
ftfy buddy.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-15 16:48:33  
What person in the US isn't immune to chicken pox at this point? Jesus! Our parents and previous generations basically had pox parties to circumvent that for our childhoods, and now they have a vaccine doled out.

Either way, wouldn't you think that if the illegal children were allowed to stay, they would be routinely vaccinated also? I really don't get the entire disease panic button.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-15 16:52:18  
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-07-15 17:05:04  
The clammoring about chicken pox made me slightly incredulous. So I made a poem. Not a very good one, but really does chicken pox need a good poem? Also I'm sleep deprived and any parts that don't seem to rhyme are because of that ...and not because I suck at writing poems.

/clearsthroat
Death to chickenpox
A tribute to Dr. Seuss

Chicken pox happens every year
An outbreak can take months to clear
A shot helps this go away.
So we can play another day

It may cause some problems,
But the worry is reduced
Because we are Americans
And we are cool

But when immigrants get chicken pox
This is a different story
The fear cannot be contained
People forget to use their brains

"Oh no" they say
"This is bad"
Dirty, illegal people
can get the same sickness we've had.
Now we must distance
Our ambivalence to this
We must let people know
How scary this is

We know how to deal with chicken pox
We do this every year.
But when it happens to an illegal
Our mind caves in to fear.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-15 17:14:40  
Poems is this English class ?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-16 09:37:16  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
What person in the US isn't immune to chicken pox at this point? Jesus! Our parents and previous generations basically had pox parties to circumvent that for our childhoods, and now they have a vaccine doled out.

Either way, wouldn't you think that if the illegal children were allowed to stay, they would be routinely vaccinated also? I really don't get the entire disease panic button.

Really? You don't understand why keeping out infectious diseases is desirable?

Why would you think they would get vaccinated? Part of being "illegal" is hiding out from authorities. I mean, do you really think that when the govt places them in a city or town, they take residence right where they're instructed to?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-16 09:46:47  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Why would you think they would get vaccinated? Part of being "illegal" is hiding out from authorities. I mean, do you really think that when the govt places them in a city or town, they take residence right where they're instructed to?

Do you understand that you inundate yourself with sensationalist BS, and project your paranoia all over AH?

Since you're screaming hypothetical, if they're already in holding centers and in a state of limbo, wouldn't the smart solution be to vaccinate? If not the government, why not Unicef, the Red Cross, etc.?

Also, contracting chicken pox? Who in the US is likely to contract chicken pox as an adult nowadays? Some remote Appalachian hermits in a town run by Memaw and Uncle-Daddy?
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-07-16 09:48:25  
here's a suggestion to the people that want illegals to live here. why don't you take them into your home and support them. why should more of our tax dollars be wasted. I am not heartless and I do like kids but we have our own problems in this country, why don't we fix those problems first.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-16 09:49:05  
The diseases angle is more scare tactic ***. I'm more afraid of dumb Americans voluntarily opting out of vaccinations because science is evil and infecting people with things we've eradicated.

Really? The selling point is that illegals might spread chicken pox? Cmon, make it some real scary ***like anthrax or bubonic plague.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-16 09:51:30  
Since you're screaming hypothetical, if they're already in holding centers and in a state of limbo, wouldn't the smart solution be to vaccinate? If not the government, why not Unicef, the Red Cross, etc.?

(not arguing with you)
And why are UNICEF and the Red Cross being denied the ability to treat them anyway? The only group being allowed to treat these sick people are from the government.

There is something else wrong with them other than "normal" diseases.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-16 09:51:53  

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-16 09:54:02  
fonewear said: »
You sold me on Dental Services!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-16 09:54:19  
wormfeeder said: »
here's a suggestion to the people that want illegals to live here. why don't you take them into your home and support them. why should more of our tax dollars be wasted. I am not heartless and I do like kids but we have our own problems in this country, why don't we fix those problems first.

The US runs on illegals. No one hires more illegals than our successful class looking to cut costs through slave driving and off-the-books employees. US meddling in Latin America is a direct contributor to the problems driving people to leave their homes and come here to make life.

You take care of illegals and support illegals every time you go out to eat food, buy produce or visit an office. Want illegals to leave? Tell businesses to stop hiring them and they'll tell you to go *** yourself.

I love all the people who get nationalistic about the US until it's time to pay a US wage and then it's time to roll out Maria, Jose or Jesus to cut your grass, take care of your babies or fix your home because it's all about saving cash and they're the ones willing to do it for least.

As I type I'm watching a construction crew of immigrants throw up another skyscraper.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-16 09:55:10  
I'm making a run for the border. I heard they have Taco Bell's in Mexico.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-16 10:01:04  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
The clammoring about chicken pox poem

but they also have cooties!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-16 10:03:28  

Do you understand that you inundate yourself with sensationalist BS, and project your paranoia all over AH?

Also, contracting chicken pox? Who in the US is likely to contract chicken pox as an adult nowadays? Some remote Appalachian hermits in a town run by Memaw and Uncle-Daddy?

It's not sensationalist. It's a legitimate concern, they regulate fruits and vegetables coming across to maintain ecosystems, this is pretty similar except it's to prevent outbreaks.

Do you not understand that when you refer to americans as "uncle-daddy" and "memaw" you only confirm how much contempt you have for you're own countrymen? Lots of people never got chicken pox as a kid, it's pretty dangerous as an adult, but who cares about them right?

How many illegal children are you gonna house and stay home and teach so that the rest of us don't have to be burdened?
By fonewear 2014-07-16 10:05:01  
We are just going to call Texas Mexico and be done with it !

Or Mexico Light less taste more filling.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-16 10:06:02  
Harry Reid claims the southern border is "Secure"

Does anyone actually believe this sh*t?
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-07-16 10:06:30  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Circle circle
Dot dot
Now I have my cootie shot.

Wow. The things you remember from childhood.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-16 10:07:16  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

The US runs on illegals. No one hires more illegals than our successful class looking to cut costs through slave driving and off-the-books employees. US meddling in Latin America is a direct contributor to the problems driving people to leave their homes and come here to make life.

You take care of illegals and support illegals every time you go out to eat food, buy produce or visit an office. Want illegals to leave? Tell businesses to stop hiring them and they'll tell you to go *** yourself.

I love all the people who get nationalistic about the US until it's time to pay a US wage and then it's time to roll out Maria, Jose or Jesus to cut your grass, take care of your babies or fix your home because it's all about saving cash and they're the ones willing to do it for least.

As I type I'm watching a construction crew of immigrants throw up another skyscraper.

They should really see a gastroenterologist. They shouldn't be regurgitating entire buildings. Even miniature ones.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-16 10:07:55  

Circle circle
Dot dot

now you just have to do it 60,000 more times!!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-16 10:08:45  
Harry Reid claims the southern border is "Secure"

Does anyone actually believe this sh*t?

Source needs to be Huff Post. Then I'll believe it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-16 10:09:45  
Do you not understand that when you refer to americans as "uncle-daddy" and "memaw" you only confirm how much contempt you have for you're own countrymen? Lots of people never got chicken pox as a kid, it's pretty dangerous as an adult, but who cares about them right?

Disavow yourself of this ridiculous nationalistic sentiment. The people Zahrah is referring to are more deserving of contempt than immigrants. By your logic, even Americans that travel more than 100 miles from their home should be quarantined. Do you not understand how these kinds of statements are very telling of your bigotry and racism? Do we also need to protect ourselves from the dangerous pandemics brought in from Canadians on a holiday or is it just the brown people that get sick?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-16 10:10:37  

It's not sensationalist. It's a legitimate concern, they regulate fruits and vegetables coming across to maintain ecosystems, this is pretty similar except it's to prevent outbreaks.

How many illegal children are you gonna house and stay home and teach so that the rest of us don't have to be burdened?

How many of your uneducated, unvaccinated hillbilly countrymen or mistreated, neglected city youths are you going to house and take care of?

Your arguments lose all their persuasiveness when you realize we have the same problems right here at home and you want nothing to do with them, either.

You just want to sit comfortably and tell everyone else to *** off.

Frankly, I say let's take in the immigrants willing to do hard work for an honest wage, give them their shots and get them on their way to a real life, and start exporting the by-choice unemployed white trash and gang bangers down to Mexico. They'll do well with the cartel-run societies.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-16 10:10:39  
Hey I'm brown sometimes in the summer they call it a tan.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-16 10:12:56  
Also, if some of you ladies will pardon me a moment speaking as a man.

You single men who are against immigrants need to remember one word.

"Latinas."
By fonewear 2014-07-16 10:16:56  
Latino women. I'll accept this.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-16 10:16:57  

My stars! Where have we seen that Jim dandy of a rebuttal before? Was it in the context of abortions and/or birth control?

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
(not arguing with you)
And why are UNICEF and the Red Cross being denied the ability to treat them anyway? The only group being allowed to treat these sick people are from the government.

There is something else wrong with them other than "normal" diseases.

I know. Don't worry about it.

I'll see if I can dig that up in a few, unless you have some articles pointing to this on-hand.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-16 10:17:52  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Disavow yourself of this ridiculous nationalistic sentiment. The people Zahrah is referring to are more deserving of contempt than immigrants. By your logic, even Americans that travel more than 100 miles from their home should be quarantined. Do you not understand how these kinds of statements are very telling of your bigotry and racism? Do we also need to protect ourselves from the dangerous pandemics brought in from Canadians on a holiday or is it just the brown people that get sick?

And we have another one who thinks that being an American is effectively meaningless or at least should be. I feel sorry for you.

Racism? C'mon.... It truly takes someone obsessed with race (you) to see it when it isn't there...

Also please explain to me how my logic dictates that Americans should be quarantined? I have no idea how you get there. I simply think that the administration should not be facilitating an invasion of illegals, some of which carry dangerous infectious diseases into the country.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-16 10:18:36  

Circle circle
Dot dot

Circle circle
Square square
Now I have them everywhere!

EDIT: Nausi doesn't like it when people crack-wise about his kinfolk. :/
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10