Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 990 991 992 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 20:21:15  
No rational person believes she belongs in prison. You do as you despise Christianity. I cannot talk you out of your hate or the pleasure you get in watching someone suffer.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 20:22:47  
Josiahkf said: »
You'd be spiteful too if someone constantly lied and acted like an idiot just so you'd reprimand them and give them attention.

And thanks to your spite, she will retire a millionaire because you let your emotions get the better if you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-30 20:30:34  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
No rational person believes she belongs in prison. You do as you despise Christianity. I cannot talk you out of your hate or the pleasure you get in watching someone suffer.

She doesn't belong in prison, that's not what happened either. She was held in a county jail completely voluntarily, she could have either resigned her position or agreed to comply and gone home that day. There is literally no way you don't understand why she was in jail, you're just trying to get a rise out of people.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 20:32:07  
Josiahkf said: »
Don't assume I despise an entire religion just because one individual is misrepresenting them.

Christianity gives people great comfort and strength as well, this is just a sad day for it.

Don't project yourself on me just because you enjoy creating conflict here for fun, as you'd admitted repeatedly.

"You" was Jassik, Vic etc. Your post wasn't there when I began typing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 20:33:09  
Jassik said: »

She doesn't belong in prison, that's not what happened either. She was held in a county jail completely voluntarily, she could have either resigned her position or agreed to comply and gone home that day. There is literally no way you don't understand why she was in jail, you're just trying to get a rise out of people.

I don't need to get a rise out of people that wake up pissed off everyday.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-09-30 20:33:20  

I think I'm a relatively rational person, and her punishment was appropriate. Incarceration is a common punishment for contempt of court.

First off, she was in jail, not prison. That's more than just a semantic difference. Secondly, she could not be removed from office using the standard procedure with any alacrity given that they weren't going to call a special session of the legislature, so options were quite limited in how to deal with her. What it boils down to is this:

She was an elected official ignoring the law of the land.

NOBODY should be okay with that. If you don't like the law, work to change it, but you can not have officials in power doing whatever they want with no regard for the law. Period. The 'why' doesn't even matter. The SF people should have had some consequences for what they did as well, on the opposite of the coin.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-30 20:42:30  

Speak for yourself, I wake up in a great mood every day.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-30 20:46:29  
I used to wake up pissed off every day, nowadays I'm just happy to have gotten some sleep.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 20:53:59  
Drama Torama said: »

I think I'm a relatively rational person, and her punishment was appropriate. Incarceration is a common punishment for contempt of court.

First off, she was in jail, not prison. That's more than just a semantic difference. Secondly, she could not be removed from office using the standard procedure with any alacrity given that they weren't going to call a special session of the legislature, so options were quite limited in how to deal with her. What it boils down to is this:

She was an elected official ignoring the law of the land.

NOBODY should be okay with that. If you don't like the law, work to change it, but you can not have officials in power doing whatever they want with no regard for the law. Period. The 'why' doesn't even matter. The SF people should have had some consequences for what they did as well, on the opposite of the coin.

Did you use the word "alacrity" before SCH on FFXI?
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-09-30 20:54:43  

I think people here have seen enough of my posting to know that the answer to that is "yes".
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 20:56:43  

Speak for yourself, I wake up in a great mood every day.

Me. Every morning.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 20:57:05  
ooh that looks small on my phone
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-30 20:58:09  
Drama Torama said: »

I think people here have seen enough of my posting to know that the answer to that is "yes".
"Drama Torama readies Blaster."

Inb4 Paralysis.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-30 21:01:14  
I can still stun Blaster in my sleep.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-30 21:52:16  
She violated both her oath of office and the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.

She was held in contempt of court for the former.

I hope both she and the county get their pants sued off for the later.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-30 21:57:41  
My god how the money rolls in.....

Ben Carson Raises $20 Million In 3 Months

Huff Po

Quote:
Political newcomer Ben Carson raised more than $20 million in the past three months to fuel his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign said Wednesday, a haul of campaign cash that shatters records and sets a new bar for his GOP rivals.

As other campaigns scrambled to bring in final donations before the end of the fundraising period at midnight, Carson's senior team celebrated its massive haul at its suburban Washington campaign headquarters....

Carson raised at least $20.2 million for the quarter that ended Sept. 30, Bennett said, noting that receipts were still trickling in.

That's more money than what was raised by the GOP's entire White House field combined over the same period four years ago. Mitt Romney, the establishment favorite in 2012, raised $14.2 million during that time, while the most popular outsider, former pizza chain CEO Herman Cain, brought in $2.8 million.

Hillary Clinton Raises More Than $28 Million In Last Three Months
Reuters

Huff Po

Quote:
U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton raised more than $28 million in the last three months, her campaign said on Wednesday, falling short of her nearly $48 million fund-raising haul in the previous quarter.

Campaign aides said 93 percent of the donations were in amounts of $100 or less, which they said was a sign of broad-based grassroots support as Clinton fights off a challenge from the party's liberal wing led by U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

The fund-raising figure for July through September did not include a breakdown of the total number of donors to Clinton, the average donation, or how many donors have already given the legal maximum for the primary campaign of $2,700.

Sanders raised more than $24 million in the last three months. He has galvanized the party's left-leaning activists and taken advantage of Clinton's declining opinion poll ratings on honesty and trustworthiness to surge into contention.
There is more to both articles.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-30 22:09:49  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Religious faith is not a excuse to commit crimes....
To fanatics it is.
Again, she committed no crime. She just refused to do something opposed to her faith. You know this. Vic knows this.
You made a blanket statement. I merely pointed out that it was fallacious.

I wasn't talking about Davis. I was thinking about recent fire bombings of family planing clinics.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-01 08:36:35  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Assuming it's true, that's a great way to undo the positive PR he accomplished over his trip. Not that the Church's explicit bigotry is a surprise to anyone, but siding with a person that many people view as a fundamentalist lunatic is pretty low.
The word you are looking for is hypocrite Pleebo.

She is denying licences based on her faith even though her faith also condemns divorce.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-01 08:40:57  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You are happy that a district court judge denies to toss out contributions from a Super PAC?
As possibly being bribes? As in direct opposition to the most specious reasoning in CU?

Oh **** yes.
Even though the money never goes to the candidate?

Remember, the senator in this case was soliciting for (your article said so) the Super PAC, they never received the money from the contributions, the Super PAC did. (It's amazing what a word can do to change one's viewpoint)

How is that bribery again?
It is not necessarily bribery. The judge said it could be held as such and therefore did not dismiss those charges.

The money does not go to the candidate true, but the candidate benefits from the money. We have a quid, is there a pro quo? That is the question the judge will not dismiss out of hand.

But more important, he directly calls into question Robert's specious reasoning that there can never be the appearance of corruption as long as a PAC is involved.
If the judge is basing his assertion of this whole thing as a bribe, then he needs to read the legal definition of what a bribe is.

There is no laws broken from a candidate soliciting to a Super PAC, even if the Super PAC is in support of him.

But hey, if you want to condemn a person for indirectly soliciting himself for campaign money, there are a bunch of "indirect donations" that the government gives to various organizations that would otherwise be illegal to fund. To condemn one and accept the other is hypocritical at best.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-10-01 09:01:33  
My god how the money rolls in..

after perry quit his super pac donors demanded their money back...

john kasich has initiated a "no takesie backsies" policy
donate now

which I think is pretty smart
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-01 09:26:52  
It is not necessarily bribery. The judge said it could be held as such and therefore did not dismiss those charges.

The money does not go to the candidate true, but the candidate benefits from the money. We have a quid, is there a pro quo? That is the question the judge will not dismiss out of hand.

But more important, he directly calls into question Robert's specious reasoning that there can never be the appearance of corruption as long as a PAC is involved.
If the judge is basing his assertion of this whole thing as a bribe, then he needs to read the legal definition of what a bribe is.

There is no laws broken from a candidate soliciting to a Super PAC, even if the Super PAC is in support of him.

But hey, if you want to condemn a person for indirectly soliciting himself for campaign money, there are a bunch of "indirect donations" that the government gives to various organizations that would otherwise be illegal to fund. To condemn one and accept the other is hypocritical at best.
Read it again King. I am not condeming the candidate, I am praising the judge.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-10-01 09:34:11  

Read it again King. I am not condeming the candidate, I am praising the judge.
Read my response again, I'm condemning the judge for poor judgement.

That last statement was a broad statement on the hypocrisy of liberal/democrats, which that judge is one of.
First Page 2 3 ... 990 991 992 ... 1375 1376 1377