Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 988 989 990 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-09-29 14:59:17  
Side bar related to Hillary (not really but *** it) I'm not digging the new Mad Max as much as the original Mel Gibson ones...

Hillary does drive a hard bargain though !

Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-29 15:01:44  
Little did you know that this image is actually a spoiler for the upcoming Democrat debate.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 15:04:02  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Doesn't matter what Pleebo posts, gotta *** about it. Even without reading it.
Oh, I did read it. I was curious as to why Missouri would rule over all Planned Parenthood clinics across the nation, as Pleebo's title clearly implied such activity, along with his "in depth analysis" sentence to go along with it.

Since:

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Personally, I take the complete lack of evidence in these cases as proof of their guilt.

Signifies that all clinics are absolved from guilt, even though the investigation was only for Missouri only (but you wouldn't have realized it unless you actually read the article, which most people generally do not, as obvious of the people who gave that post a [+])
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 15:04:35  
fonewear said: »
Side bar related to Hillary (not really but *** it) I'm not digging the new Mad Max as much as the original Mel Gibson ones...

Hillary does drive a hard bargain though !

Why is she following Mel Gibson around?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-29 15:07:27  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-29 15:08:02  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Condescension requires actually being correct about something.

Then why are you so condescending?

It's been my experience that condescention goes hand in hand with narcissism.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 15:08:58  
Congratulations Pleebo, you just finally made little sense! Your best yet!

Good job! Strive for half sense next time, we know you can do it!

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 15:13:26  
I would retort, but we all know you can't handle criticism Spicy.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-29 15:14:51  

dude it was a joke. just because you read it wrong doesn't mean everyone else did
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-29 15:26:30  
Whelp, I'm outtie.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 15:27:19  
Don't let the boot kick you on the way out......too late it seems.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 15:38:04  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Oh, I did read it. I was curious as to why Missouri would rule over all Planned Parenthood clinics across the nation, as Pleebo's title clearly implied such activity

Quote:
Missouri finds no wrongdoing in its Planned Parenthood investigation

So um, where does it mention the whole country? Stop being silly.
So, are you saying that Planned Parenthood only exists in one state? Are you saying that the link title and the 1-sentence analysis said anything about not finding any faults in the Missouri-located clinics only?

Care to point it out?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 15:53:43  
So, are you saying that Planned Parenthood only exists in one state? Are you saying that the link title and the 1-sentence analysis said anything about not finding any faults in the Missouri-located clinics only?

Care to point it out?

That's going full retard, the title mentions Missouri, the article talks about Missouri and the "in depth analysis" is not an analysis?

Personally = Opinion.
So, you couldn't find anything, got it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-29 16:00:17  
It's the former.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-29 16:02:50  
You read the link wrong, you read the joke wrong, you read the article wrong...

the text to link was a straight copy pasta of the page name

Missouri finds no wrongdoing in it's Planned Parenthood investigation
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-29 16:08:09  
Let me put that in perspective

California Kindergartner saved from having to go to a Christian private school by having 2 mothers, should count blessings

(Title really is: "Calif. Kindergartener Kicked Out of Christian School for Having 2 Moms" but I think mine is more accurate)

So are you saying California is ruling over all kindergarden christian private schools across the nation?

That doesn't make any sense.
Try harder next time?

Also note that one post had the full article posted, while the other one did not, but had a synopsis of 1 sentence which was pretty much a pointless overview over the entire national system.

Keep white-knighting Pleebo, k?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-29 18:39:49  
Keep white-knighting Pleebo, k?

no.

I'll help you instead. here are some reasonable arguments.

Irrelevancy- Missouri wasn't one of the states the filming took place

Corruption - Missouri conducted the investigation on itself

Rush to judgement - There is no way a thorough investigation could have taken place in that amount o f time
By fonewear 2015-09-29 18:47:07  
Whelp, I'm outtie.

I have a better wrestling thing:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-29 18:55:37  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Little did you know that this image is actually a spoiler for the upcoming Democrat debate.

That guy in the movie made me laugh every time !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-29 19:23:00  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-29 19:43:51  
At first when I was watching I thought they are joking right this guy playing a flaming guitar...then they kept going back to it and I was like *** it this movie is great !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-30 10:27:16  
Super PAC Contributions Can Be Considered Bribes: Judge
A federal judge confirms what you already knew.

Huff Po

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- A district court judge on Monday dismissed four corruption charges against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and his donor Salomon Melgen, but denied motions to toss out other charges including, notably, the senator’s solicitation of contributions for a super PAC.

Lawyers for the senator had asked the court to dismiss charges related to Menendez’s solicitation of $700,000 from Melgen for Senate Majority PAC, a super PAC run by former aides to Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) that made independent expenditures to support Menendez’s 2012 reelection.

The basis for dismissal offered by Menendez’s lawyers were the Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United and 2013 McCutcheon decisions. Those two cases redefined corruption as only explicit bribery, excluding influence and access. The senator’s lawyers argued that this redefinition of corruption and Citizens United’s declaration that independent expenditures “do not give rise to corruption or the appearance of corruption” provided freedom of speech protections for all “efforts to influence and obtain access to elected officials,” including any campaign contribution.

Judge William Walls disagreed, ruling that the charges related to the super PAC contributions made by a corporation run by Melgen and solicited by Menendez would stand. In his opinion, Walls writes that “the Constitution does not protect an attempt to influence a public official’s acts through improper means.” (Read Walls' decision here.)

While Citizens United may state that independent expenditures cannot lead to corruption, bribery statutes view the super PAC contributions made and their value in different, subjective terms.

“Notwithstanding the statement in Citizens United that independent expenditures have no actual value to candidates, a jury could find that Defendant Menendez placed value, albeit subjective, on the earmarked donations given to Majority PAC by Melgen,” Walls writes.

He goes to write, “Even if contributions to Majority PAC had no objective value to Menendez, they unquestionably had value to Majority PAC as an entity, and [the federal bribery statute] criminalizes corruptly seeking anything of value, even for another person or entity, in return for being influenced in the performance of an official act.”

So, does a judge ruling that corporate contributions to a supposedly independent group can be a corrupting bribe undermine the Supreme Court’s assertion in Citizens United that independent expenditures cannot corrupt?

Rick Hasen, election law professor at University of California, Irvine and proprietor of the Election Law Blog, said the “super PAC issue in this context is a red herring.”

Hasen raises the question of “whether it was possible to reconcile the idea from Citizens United that independent spending cannot corrupt with the concept that an agreement with a candidate to make a contribution to a super PAC can be a bribe.”

“They are reconcilable,” he said. “One can believe both things without contradiction.”

As Walls notes in his ruling, prior cases involving former Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.) and former Gov. Don Siegelman (D-Ala.) held that a bribe can be solicited for a third party -- in Menendez’s case, a super PAC. Citizens United did not change this aspect of the court’s interpretation of bribery.

However, Walls' decision in the Menendez case may very well reveal that the Supreme Court was “either naive or disingenuous” in its Citizens United ruling, according to Paul Ryan, senior counsel for the Campaign Legal Center, a nonprofit that supports campaign finance reform.

“Judge Walls stated the obvious,” Ryan said. “This is something we’ve all known for years. It was predictable that when super PACs were created in 2010 that contributions could lead to corruption.”

Ryan sees a “silver lining” in the Menendez case and other possible future corruption cases involving contributions to super PACs and other supposedly independent groups: that they could lead the court to reassess its decision.

In its Citizens United decision, the court majority notably dismissed the evidentiary record of corruption and the appearance of corruption fostered by the “soft money” system of unlimited contributions to political parties because it did not provide examples of the quid pro quo bribery that the court now views as the only definition of corruption.

But, the decision did state, “If elected officials succumb to improper influences from independent expenditures; if they surrender their best judgment; and if they put expediency before principle, then surely there is cause for concern.”

“Perhaps with an evidentiary record in a case down the road the court could decide that elected officials could succumb to independent expenditures,” Ryan said.

In this view, cases like Menendez’s could provide the legal building blocks that any potential reversal of the Citizens United decision to come from a future Supreme Court.
/dance
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-30 10:32:14  
You are happy that a district court judge denies to toss out contributions from a Super PAC?

Man, you are stretching this to tie into a possible reversal beyond the breaking point. Like I said before, all fluff, no substance.
By fonewear 2015-09-30 11:06:38  
TLDR: We are sexist and we should feel bad !

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-arent-we-inspired-by-hillary-clinton?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-30 12:54:56  
The first female president I want to vote for isn't going to constantly play the victim card. A true disappointment Im having with Fiorina.
First Page 2 3 ... 988 989 990 ... 1375 1376 1377