Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 971 972 973 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Omael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-09-25 10:10:54  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bahamut.Omael said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Even something as simple as buying dry goods in bulk can add up in savings, but when you can't afford to shell out for six months of toilet paper and dry goods at once and keep the lights on, things get kind of lean sometimes.

Just steal toilet paper from the public library like a normal person.

Just steal from Walmart. The employees, security and shoppers don't care. Just rip open a package and feast.

Didn't know that, but that's not a big surprise. It's been a while since money was that tight for me though, so I'm not up to date on where to score the good stuff.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-25 10:11:08  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So?

Do you think it's ok for somebody outside your country to go to your capital and tell your politicians what to do?

Because if so, I'll be over there in Italy in a bit and give them an earful.
Just like when american politicians travel abroad and tell other countries what they expect from them. All politicians do this...you know, geopolitics, ever heard of it?

Am I also forbidden from commenting on things happening in the US? Cause I've made a lot of posts in this section, and nobody discriminated me before.

Whether what the pope says is good or bad is an entirely different topic, but he has every right to make a speech, actually he was even invited to make one.
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Im what you would call a Catholic who left the church and was thinking of coming back. He had made comments earlier this year to LGBT on "who am I to judge?" However this speech today just makes him a hypocrite. After his speech today I definitely won't be returning.
Actually that's not hypocritical, I mean he might be but not in these open statements at least. He's whatever with gay love, just not with marriage as catholics consider that a sacrament that can't be modified.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:11:58  
Just steal from Walmart. The employeesmanagers, security and shoppers don't care. Just rip open a package and feast.

Yeah. They'll just take it out of the employees hours/wages to cover the cost of the shrink. Wouldn't want to be seen being hard on the poor criminals. Then they might not come back and buy their groceries there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:12:09  
Two 2015 cars is not necessary.
Depends on the job.

As CFO, it wouldn't make sense to take my Mercedes to work and back every day, that's why I have my Nitro (which is a 2007 by the way, and I'm not getting rid of it until it dies on me, I love that car too much). I only drive my Mercedes to events to impress, and only because I'm pretty much required to.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 10:13:39  
shrink

I loathe that word in this context, loathe!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:13:51  
You guys expected the Catholic Church to change overnight? The Pope can only do so much, he's on the greatest PR mission and well on his way to the Papal Hall of Fame.

But hes still a Pope. Vatican City is still a hive of scum and villainy and if you expected this guy to fix thousands of years of canon then loooooooooooooool, come back down to Earth.

Maybe by 2500 women might be priests or something. FemPope by 2700.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:14:36  
Depends on the job.

As CFO, it wouldn't make sense to take my Mercedes to work and back every day, that's why I have my Nitro (which is a 2007 by the way, and I'm not getting rid of it until it dies on me, I love that car too much). I only drive my Mercedes to events to impress, and only because I'm pretty much required to.

Then no. You actually just validated my point.

You don't need two 2015s. You need one nice car and one practical vehicle.

And frankly, nobody needs a Merc (or a Bentley, Aston, Rolls, etc.)

Though I do admit they are beautiful works of art.

Bah. Why did we have to talk cars. If there's one thing worth spending a ton of money on, it's beautiful vehicles.

God dammit.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:15:17  
Just steal from Walmart. The employeesmanagers, security and shoppers don't care. Just rip open a package and feast.

Yeah. They'll just take it out of the employees hours/wages to cover the cost of the shrink. Wouldn't want to be seen being hard on the poor criminals. Then they might not come back and buy their groceries there.

Reminds me of the manager who was fired from KFC for getting robbed. Either she had to pay back the lost money or hang up her hairnet for good.

loooooooooool, 'Murica.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:16:11  

Reminds me of the manager who was fired from KFC for getting robbed. Either she had to pay back the lost money or hang up her hairnet for good.

loooooooooool, 'Murica.

They had to pay Norm MacDonald for those new commercials somehow.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:17:14  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Make me bud!

I was just hoping I was wrong so I could spend the rest of the day laughing at whatever district elected a plumber.
You can laugh at the 29 who elected the farmers/ranchers instead.

There are also 5 ordained ministers there too.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-09-25 10:17:44  
If there's one thing worth spending a ton of money on, it's beautiful vehicles

An awful use of money, nothing deprecates like vehicles! I'd think higher of my CFO seeing him/her in the Nitro.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 10:18:05  
the matt mcconaughey commercials make me laugh every time.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:18:33  
Even something as simple as buying dry goods in bulk can add up in savings, but when you can't afford to shell out for six months of toilet paper and dry goods at once and keep the lights on, things get kind of lean sometimes.

Just steal toilet paper from the public library like a normal person.

Just steal from Walmart. The employees, security and shoppers don't care. Just rip open a package and feast.

Didn't know that, but that's not a big surprise. It's been a while since money was that tight for me though, so I'm not up to date on where to score the good stuff.

I usually case out the big box stores and pocket whatever open packages are lying around. When the security dudes ask whats up I tell them I'm taking it to the dumpster then make a fast break for my getaway car. Most of 'em are too lazy to give chase.

Hell if that damaged box of Honey Bunches of Oats isn't worth it when you stole from these evil corporations. I've also snagged me some grapes, off brand pancake mix *and* Dunkin Donuts brand coffee in the same day.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-25 10:19:13  
Drama Torama said: »

An awful use of money, nothing deprecates like vehicles! I'd think higher of my CFO seeing him/her in the Nitro.

The owner of the processing company I worked for was known for buying total crap cars and driving them into the ground. He always said, it's not how you get to work, it's what you do while you're there.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-25 10:19:25  
Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
I haven't logged into ffxiah in years and certainly not into P&R but what the actual heck? Why do some people here come off so angry in every single post they make?
I often make thoughtful, insightful posts, with references and everything.

They get ignored.

Around here anger sells.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 10:19:45  

no way, those guys work harder than you have ever even dreamed of. I wouldn't bite the hands that feeds me, either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 10:20:33  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
I haven't logged into ffxiah in years and certainly not into P&R but what the actual heck? Why do some people here come off so angry in every single post they make?
I often make thoughtful, insightful posts, with references and everything.

They get ignored.

Around here anger sells.

I learned from the best.

Fair and Balanced, Tanaka Fox News.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:21:31  

But have you ever driven a nice car?

Look, you're a gearhead or not I guess.

But man. If I ever get rich, the only extravagance I'm investing in are a few real nice cars.

Probably a Maserati to start. I've always been a fan.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:22:29  

no way, those guys work harder than you have ever even dreamed of. I wouldn't bite the hands that feeds me, either.

Agree to a point, but let's not forget people like that Bundy guy who graze their cattle on public land and don't appropriately pay, or the farmers that basically only have farms because of government subsidies anyhow.

I mean, they're all hard workers.

But there's reciprocal action going on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:22:55  
Depends on the job.

Then no. You actually just validated my point.

You don't need two 2015s. You need one nice car and one practical vehicle.

And frankly, nobody needs a Merc (or a Bentley, Aston, Rolls, etc.)

Though I do admit they are beautiful works of art.

Bah. Why did we have to talk cars. If there's one thing worth spending a ton of money on, it's beautiful vehicles.

God dammit.
I validated your point and also gave you a counterargument.

Most jobs don't need 2 vehicles at all.

Some jobs are at least required to have a nice vehicle at all times, just to make the person/company look good.

Trust me, I don't like spending $120k (after taxes/title/licences) for the "top of the line" Benz and only getting back ~$50k for my 2015 Benz, but that's the breaks with this job. I personally think it's a waste of cash, but not my peers >.>
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 10:23:39  
says the guy with a full belly!
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-25 10:23:45  
But have you ever driven a nice car?

Look, you're a gearhead or not I guess.

But man. If I ever get rich, the only extravagance I'm investing in are a few real nice cars.

Probably a Maserati. I've always been a fan.

I've driven plenty of them, but apparently I'm not a gearhead.

Half the reason I work for a remote company is so I don't have to drive all the damn time.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:25:10  
Jassik said: »
He always said, it's not how you get to work, it's what you do while you're there.

Journey > destination.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 10:26:21  
says the guy with a full belly!
I highly doubt any of us are starving.

If any posters here are starving half to death, then what in the *** are you doing on the internet?
By Jetackuu 2015-09-25 10:26:38  
Half the reason I work for a remote company is so I don't have to drive all the damn time.
Totes jelly.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-25 10:27:21  
Some jobs are at least required to have a nice vehicle at all times, just to make the person/company look good.

Well no, see. That's still a problem and entirely unnecessary.

But that's the problem we're discussing.

An entitled society. In this case a wealthy class that thinks keeping up appearances with each other is worth throwing around money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong. It happens on a lesser level too.

See: every redneck who has forgone his child support for a month so he could straight pipe his F350 instead.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-25 10:27:22  
Jassik said: »
He always said, it's not how you get to work, it's what you do while you're there.

Journey > destination.

Counterpoint: my career, and the skills I learn as I advance it, are the journey I care about. Sitting on the freeway with a couple thousand other *** is not a journey I want any part of.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-25 10:27:33  
Wake up to see Boehner is resigning!? Wow, its going to be a great day, I can tell!
 Bahamut.Omael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-09-25 10:27:34  
If any posters here are starving half to death, then what in the *** are you doing on the internet?

Getting pointers on how to steal food from Walmart.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-25 10:29:02  
Even as a gearhead, I've always preferred cars that have some personality. Either being unusual in some aspect or just fun to drive. I sold my Audi because I just never drove it. 9 times out of 10 I just hopped in the Subaru instinctively.

Being a gearhead doesn't even mean you're going to choose expensive cars, one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever owned was a VW Rabbit. My current toy is a 1931 Ford.
First Page 2 3 ... 971 972 973 ... 1375 1376 1377