Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 962 963 964 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-09-23 12:48:49  
Siren.Mosin said: »
and expands & contracts in cycles?!?

Apparently, that's actually one explanation. So elaborating on that, it's plausible to inquire the possibility of the universe always existing.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-23 12:49:21  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Still waiting for an answer from Amandarius and KB. .

I hear holding your breath helps...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-09-23 12:53:31  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Still waiting for an answer from Amandarius and KB. .

I hear holding your breath helps...

I never expected an answer from KB, because of course, he's KB. He thinks questions that are hard for him to answer are 'gotcha' questions. Rav will answer if I hammer him for 4 hours. Altomega (rip) will not answer the question he's asked but answer the question he wants to be asked for the whole day.

Maybe my expectations of Amandarius were misplaced.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-23 12:56:31  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
women should be "punished" with a baby for having sex
Each time? Cause I foresee a problem in my future if so.

He's referring to Aman's idea that if you have an unplanned pregnancy you should 'woman' up and take responsibility, not throw the fetus into a woodchipper, you deplorable sack of meat.

Of course in reality, it can go either way. You either hunker down and raise a single mother baby or you just beat the ever living ***out of a living reminder that you dashed your life up on the rocks.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-23 12:57:43  
Oh.
I was already planning of creating a Garden and raising all these thousands of kids as my personal army, summoning Guardian Forces and hunting bwitches.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-09-23 13:00:50  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
He's referring to Aman's idea that if you have an unplanned pregnancy you should 'woman' up and take responsibility

Incorrect, he literally said women should be "punished" with a baby for having sex.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-23 13:04:20  
Oh.
I was already planning of creating a Garden and raising all these thousands of kids as my personal army, summoning Guardian Forces and hunting bwitches.

*starts writing Seha a check*
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-09-23 13:04:31  
Why exactly are we calling out posters who aren't even involved in the thread right now?

Do not do that.

[Edit: Apparently the thread just moves fast today.]
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-23 13:04:32  
Still waiting for an answer from Amandarius and KB.

I'll get back to you in 3-5 days.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-23 13:05:36  
Oh.

Do we all have convenient amnesia to explain how we all knew eachother but didn't really know know eachother?

Cause that'd be *** cool.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-23 13:06:03  
Still waiting for an answer from Amandarius and KB. Not like Amandarius to chicken out like this. He's the guy that said women should be "punished" with a baby for having sex, so I had higher expectations of him owning up to his beliefs than other conservatives on this forum.

Sorry I don't post on FFXIAH.com while I'm driving. I don't really think of it as being chicken though.

Are you sarcastically asking me if I believe the planet is only two thousand years old? No I do not believe that.

Please point to me saying anything like that in regards to a woman being punished with a baby. I am pro-choice in that I believe very early on a pregnancy can be terminated. After the development of a functioning brain in the child, I am against it. Because at that point you have consciousness and thus you have a life.

I enjoy listening to many theories on both the beginnings and the ends of the Universe or Universes. I do not subscribe to any one in particular as they are all just theories with some math/science to back them up. I do know this though, whatever the beginning is, it completely defies logic and can never be understood by a human.
By fonewear 2015-09-23 13:06:44  
This thread is proof that being sober on the Internet is terrifying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-09-23 13:09:11  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Still waiting for an answer from Amandarius and KB. Not like Amandarius to chicken out like this. He's the guy that said women should be "punished" with a baby for having sex, so I had higher expectations of him owning up to his beliefs than other conservatives on this forum.

Sorry I don't post on FFXIAH.com while I'm driving. I don't really think of it as being chicken though.

Are you sarcastically asking me if I believe the planet is only two thousand years old? No I do not believe that.

Please point to me saying anything like that in regards to a woman being punished with a baby. I am pro-choice in that I believe very early on a pregnancy can be terminated. After the development of a functioning brain in the child, I am against it. Because at that point you have consciousness and thus you have a life.

I enjoy listening to many theories on both the beginnings and the ends of the Universe or Universes. I do not subscribe to any one in particular as they are all just theories with some math/science to back them up. I do know this though, whatever the beginning is, it completely defies logic and can never be understood by a human.

Jesus Christ, just answer yes or no already. Posting and dodging is much worst than not posting at all. Are you on board or aren't you.

And I don't have the baby quote anymore, that was years ago.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-09-23 13:10:16  
I'll check back when we decide that the big bang willed itself into existence so ffxiah could exist.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-23 13:12:03  
stuff

You need to calm down.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-09-23 13:13:14  
Drama Torama said: »
Why exactly are we calling out posters who aren't even involved in the thread right now?

Do not do that.

[Edit: Apparently the thread just moves fast today.]

If you're talking to me, then ok, I didn't know that was a rule.

But in all fairness, one of the people mentioned gets off to being mentioned when he's not around. He'll probably be in here shortly, as giddy as a Japanese schoolgirl in a 4 inch skirt.
By fonewear 2015-09-23 13:15:46  
As you gaze into unlimited breadsticks unlimited breadsticks gazes into you.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-23 13:16:07  
fonewear said: »
I'll check back when we decide that the big bang willed itself into existence so ffxiah could exist.

I'll second this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-23 13:17:52  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Jesus Christ, just answer yes or no already. Posting and dodging is much worst than not posting at all. Are you on board or aren't you.

And I don't have the baby quote anymore, that was years ago.

Why don't you say that to my face?
By fonewear 2015-09-23 13:19:00  
Actually the uinverse might recycle itself it is the original hippie.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-23 13:19:01  
If you're talking to me, then ok, I didn't know that was a rule.

But in all fairness, one of the people mentioned gets off to being mentioned when he's not around. He'll probably be in here shortly, as giddy as a Japanese schoolgirl in a 4 inch skirt.

It's partially covered under the harassment rule, partially under the catch-all rule. I hadn't realized we'd moved so many pages so fast, since it's been slow for a while, but in general, no, it's not okay to go on about people who aren't around. That's just common decency.

I'm sick of watching this place turn into the Thunderdome. It's entirely possible to have civil conversations even when there are disagreements. Noted adversaries KB and I went back and forth for a page this morning and it was fine, so none of you have any excuse.

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I think people are most calmed by Unlimted Breadsticks.

He's for one thread and one thread only. P+R gets the Torama.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-23 13:22:33  
To be fair, can you wholeheartedly and honestly expect the population of this site, on the internet, and once again this site to have completely civil P&R conversation? The subjects are and always will be the closest thing to the Flame Core.

I do expect it! Everyone here is an adult. What does the Internet have to do with anything?

So yes, I expect it, and will enforce it as need be.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-23 13:29:43  
Well, expectations are a funny thing, and a good way to be let down unfortunately.

What the internet has to do with it is rather obvious given the difference in peoples behavior on and offline generally.

Eh, that's always been such a weak excuse. People act like neanderthals online because they think they can get it away with it. My statement is that no, you can't, not here.

So either my expectations for civil - even heated can still be civil, mind you - discourse are met, or some people don't get to play in the pool anymore. Fine with me either way.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 962 963 964 ... 1375 1376 1377