Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 959 960 961 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Bloodrose 2015-09-22 20:32:57  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Don't mind me, I'm just making conservatives squirm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-comes-out-against-keystone-xl_5601b962e4b08820d91a8f01?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Quote:
"For me, we need to be transitioning from fossil fuels," she said, but added that it will "take time" to transition to renewable energy. "That's why I led with my two big proposals: I want to see us in my first term install a half a billion solar panels, and in my second term have enough clean power to run all the homes in America," she said.

Hillary Clinton already planning out her second term.

An idiotic pipe dream claiming to run every home in America on clean energy in 4 years should make Democrats squirm. She should talk about colonizing Mars with Newt Gingrich, World Peace and a million dollars in every Americans' bank account while she's at it. Oh and a pet Unicorn for every child,
Damn it, I want a rainbow Unicorn!

Or better yet... Unikitty!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-22 20:35:36  
Jetackuu said: »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-comes-out-against-keystone-xl_5601b962e4b08820d91a8f01?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Quote:
"For me, we need to be transitioning from fossil fuels," she said, but added that it will "take time" to transition to renewable energy. "That's why I led with my two big proposals: I want to see us in my first term install a half a billion solar panels, and in my second term have enough clean power to run all the homes in America," she said.

Hillary Clinton already planning out her second term.

Would be easier to power everything with nuclear, could cut down on the insane amount of coal plants that we have in the US too.

Environmentalists don't like that either probably because it makes too much sense. They let hysteria and irrational fear rule their lives, and ours.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-22 20:41:34  
Environmentalists don't like that either probably because it makes too much sense. They let hysteria and irrational fear rule their lives, and ours.

Well, the drawbacks to solar/wind are that they are expensive and depend on storage systems that aren't particularly green or efficient. The drawback to nuclear is that half a dozen reactors have had issues (3 catastrophic) in the last 50 years. Nuclear is a lot safer than people think and a lot cleaner than coal, but when it goes bad, it goes VERY bad. They also cost an insane amount to build and nobody wants one near their house. It's really not hard to see why people would be apprehensive about them. Or, you could just paint anyone with concerns as hysteric and irrational, because you don't get your jimmies rustled when people do it to you.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-22 20:44:54  

don't sell the bike shop just yet orville

fbi recovers emails from clinton server
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-22 21:24:09  
How many deaths have been a result of nuclear power in America? The fear is irrational.

More people have been killed by wind turbines.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-22 21:25:28  
How many deaths have been a result of nuclear power in America? The fear is irrational.

How many times has Obama taken people's guns or declared martial law?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-22 21:27:39  
Changing the subject is lame. You shoukd just stop posting when you are wrong.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-22 21:31:37  
Changing the subject is lame. You shoukd just stop posting when you are wrong.

Wrong about what?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-09-22 21:32:47  
4 years isn't too big a stretch. Overly optimistic, perhaps. Solar farms go up very quickly and the profit incentive is there to build them. Have to acquire the land though, which is something the government could directly speed along.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-23 08:38:20  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
4 years isn't too big a stretch. Overly optimistic, perhaps. Solar farms go up very quickly and the profit incentive is there to build them. Have to acquire the land though, which is something the government could directly speed along.
I would have to agree with Pleebo there.

I own a solar farm and the profit is amazing.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-23 08:51:09  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
You shoukd just stop posting when you are wrong.

Let us know how that goes.
You should try it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-23 09:15:36  
Jassik said: »

Well, the drawbacks to solar/wind are that they are expensive and depend on storage systems that aren't particularly green or efficient. The drawback to nuclear is that half a dozen reactors have had issues (3 catastrophic) in the last 50 years. Nuclear is a lot safer than people think and a lot cleaner than coal, but when it goes bad, it goes VERY bad. They also cost an insane amount to build and nobody wants one near their house. It's really not hard to see why people would be apprehensive about them. Or, you could just paint anyone with concerns as hysteric and irrational, because you don't get your jimmies rustled when people do it to you.

Personally I'd be more concerned with the amount of radiation that burning coal releases into the atmosphere. Not to mention the facts of at least 2 of the 3 major incidents, the third I'm nor learned enough on to comment).

I can see why people would be apprehensive about them, but I can also rely on logic and facts instead of raw emotion.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-23 09:18:16  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

I believe the issue with nuclear power plants are the radioactive wastes and nothing else.

Yeah, and France is already figuring out how to deal with that.

Anyway, the main problem with Nuclear is a public perception from once again, ignorance and irrational fear.

That being said I am a full proponent of nuclear energy, and know with the continued use of it. That it would make advancements and become even better than it is now.

Newer plants are more efficient, less dangerous. We haven't had a new one built since 1990 (construction was started for that one in 73...).

Granted 2 were approved in Georgia, so there's that.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-23 09:23:17  
How many times has Obama taken people's guns or declared martial law?

he's waiting until his second term is up, then he's going appoint himself head commie czar of america, duh.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-23 09:24:22  
Well there are proponents of molten salt and thorium reactors but those come with their own.... issues. Like some impressive startup costs and weapons grade byproducts.

Then there's tidal power which hasn't been explored enough or hydrothermal energy.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-23 09:24:40  

Personally I'd be more concerned with the amount of radiation that burning coal releases into the atmosphere. Not to mention the facts of at least 2 of the 3 major incidents, the third I'm nor learned enough on to comment).

I can see why people would be apprehensive about them, but I can also rely on logic and facts instead of raw emotion.

People rely of raw emotion all across the spectrum. Try educating them instead of chastising them. Most Americans think of two things when they hear nuclear: meltdown or the Simpsons.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-09-23 09:27:34  

People rely of raw emotion all across the spectrum. Try educating them instead of chastising them. Most Americans think of two things when they hear nuclear: meltdown or the Simpsons.

I'll pass, thanks.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-23 09:36:16  
I'll bet 10$ Biden gets the democratic nomination!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-23 09:39:21  
I thought he wasn't running yet.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-23 09:46:37  
give it time.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-23 10:38:38  
Well, the drawbacks to solar/wind are that they are expensive and depend on storage systems that aren't particularly green or efficient....
Where I live we have an inexpensive and green energy storage system. Inexpensive because it already existed and green because its also hydro power.

Its called Banks Lake. Excess electricity is used to pump water 280 ft (85 m) up from lake Roosevelt to Banks Lake where it sits until there is an energy demand. Or an irrigation demand.

But even when water is released for irrigation it goes through power producing turbines.

You shoukd just stop posting when you are wrong.
Let us know how that goes.
Yes please do Ama.

How many deaths have been a result of nuclear power in America? ...
According to this list about two dozen. Russia has had thousands.

But don't worry, some day I am sure we will close that gap.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-23 10:56:18  
Russia can't even build a car.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-23 10:57:04  
Hey i heard that a leading climate scientist named Pope Francis spoke at the White House today.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-23 11:01:30  
only three americans died as a direct result of a nuclear accident.
the other people were coincidental.

they were idiots electrocuting themselves, falling down manholes and would have died somewhere else of their own stupidity.

usa
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 959 960 961 ... 1375 1376 1377