Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 944 945 946 ... 1375 1376 1377
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-18 10:31:05  
Ramyrez said: »
Jassik said: »
fund for bribing public officials or carrying on corruptive propaganda

Which is every political donation made by a corporation or PAC ever.

Eh, since bribery has a pretty clear legal definition, I'd stray from calling it bribery. It's dubious and represents a pretty clear intent to influence them, but in the interest of honesty, SCotUS says it's legal, so that's the way it is, even if I personally despise the practice.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-18 10:33:15  
Officials at the nation's largest charity watchdog group think the Clinton Foundation is acting as a slush fund. I didn't make it up myself.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-18 10:35:11  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Officials at the nation's largest charity watchdog group think the Clinton Foundation is acting as a slush fund. I didn't make it up myself.

I'm not saying you did or that it's not, I've just never seen any evidence presented that's even remotely compelling.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 10:37:10  
Eh, since bribery has a pretty clear legal definition, I'd stray from calling it bribery. It's dubious and represents a pretty clear intent to influence them, but in the interest of honesty, SCotUS says it's legal, so that's the way it is, even if I personally despise the practice.

It's easy to skirt the legal definition of something when you're the one making and influencing law.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-18 10:37:53  
The audit you linked doesn't have any evidence that the foundation is a slush fund.
I said possible slush fund activity.

I would think that anyone with a brain would question why an expense called "other expenses" went from $17 million (also happens to be the 4th largest expense category that year) to $25 million with no reasonable explanation (the financial statements say "See notes" but there are no notes attached!) as to why it increased so much. Donations also somehow "mysteriously" increased (with no new projects shown on the Form 990) by an applicable amount.

Does that not create questions for you of possible passthru funding activity (aka donation fraud) or is your blinders on maximum because you support Clinton?

What's worse, the Clinton's are treating this like the early stages of the email issue (aka ignoring criticism hoping it would go away) instead of answering it....

You're getting partisan again.

Everyone does this ***.

PACs PERIOD are a problem.

Let alone anything else going on.
Yeah, I'm showing real partisanship by pointing out obvious fraudulent activity on a candidate you would likely support...
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-18 10:38:10  

It's easy to skirt the legal definition of something when you're the one making and influencing law.

Oh, I completely agree, but that's the way it is.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 10:41:58  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Yeah, I'm showing real partisanship by pointing out obvious fraudulent activity on a candidate you would likely support...

And now you're pulling insults out of statements of fact. Literally all I'm saying is get corporate money out of government. Not "wah look at how this party wronged that party, even though that party probably is trying to stick it to this party too and would happily do so in reversed positions."

And for the eighteenthousandth *** time.

I do not support the Clintons. Either of them. I enjoyed the first Clinton years, it's true, but between them they've got so much dirty laundry -- and probably laundered money -- that it could choke up the smoothest of money laundering professionals.

Hillary's relationship to Walmart alone would sour me on her, and there's so, so much more.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-18 10:43:40  
What's worse, the Clinton's are treating this like the early stages of the email issue (aka ignoring criticism hoping it would go away) instead of answering it....

It's their #1 tactic. Makes me wonder if their strategy against Joe Biden will be to pretend that he doesn't exist.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-18 10:44:18  
Does that not create questions for you of possible passthru funding activity (aka donation fraud) or is your blinders on maximum because you support Clinton?

Yeah, no. I'd sooner vote for Trump than Clinton. Is it a possible passthrough? Sure? Is there any evidence that's what "other" means? Nope.

"Other" could mean anything that doesn't fit into the standard report. Office supplies, maybe they provide supreme pizzas for all their employees everyday, what if they have a prodigious need for toilet paper? An unbiased person would look at that and think their accountants are really bad.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-18 10:45:23  
Literally all I'm saying is get corporate money out of government.
Good. Except for the fact that you are attacking me for being partisan that is.

Why am I partisan when I see an obvious case of fraud?

And we all know that if Clinton gets the dem's nod, you would support her 100%.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-18 10:49:09  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I was unaware American citizens that practiced Islam were a problem in this country. But I guess Trump is going to be "looking at ways" to deal with it.

Yeah, but I think he already got his suggestion from the poser of the question.

Muslim camps! Sorta like fat camp except for sweating the Muslim out of you.

Sad that the same HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Americans that go on about how we are all going to be put into martial law and rounded up into camps. While also thinking Obama is a secret Muslim. Are the ones who want to throw out all the Muslims.

Poser being a key word. If you believe that was a real audience member and not a plant then I have a bridge to sell you.

You can tell from the tone of voice and the wording that it was obviously fake with the intention of: making supporters of Trump look bad, forcing Trump to correct him, faking outrage when he doesn't correct him.

I suspect most likely it came from the Bush camp, but also likely Hillary.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-18 10:51:28  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
What will be equally disgusting is when Biden, Democrats, the media and their supporters bring up his death and his other family members' deaths at every oppurtunity to milk sympathy.

It's actually a good thing to know about someone who could potentially be piloting this ship.

Unless you are asking about Senator Obama's background, then you are racist.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-18 10:52:57  
"Other" could mean anything that doesn't fit into the standard report. Office supplies, maybe they provide supreme pizzas for all their employees everyday, what if they have a prodigious need for toilet paper? An unbiased person would look at that and think their accountants are really bad.
I understand that you don't actually read or understand financial reports. That's ok. I mean, your examples would not hold water at all because every single one of those expenses would have been categorized in the already mentioned and segregated expenses on the report.

Even though there are only 10 segregated categories in the expense report, I would say about 90-95% of normal operating expenses would be in the other 9 segregated categories, even for a foundation as large as this one. "Other" expenses should be minimal at best, for items like "purchasing supplies for the beneficiaries at a foreign country for an event holding at that location to be able to properly report how many people need the funds associated with the program in place" (which could very easily be placed in "Direct program expenditures" anyway).

Do you see my point, or are you going to flail around some more, trying to explain away $17-$25 million of "other" expenses that are very highly questionable in nature?
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 10:53:24  
And we all know that if Clinton gets the dem's nod, you would support her 100%.

I have forgone elections before where I felt neither candidate was worthwhile, I'm not gunshy about doing it again.

Why am I partisan when I see an obvious case of fraud?

Because you immediately begin attacking one party and insulting them as if the other doesn't do shady ***too?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 10:54:58  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Unless you are asking about Senator Obama's background, then you are racist.

What in the Seven Lower Hells are you on about now?

I'm racist for thinking it's good to know a presidential candidate can keep doing his job in the face of a tragedy?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-18 10:58:58  
I understand that you don't actually read or understand financial reports. That's ok. I mean, your examples would not hold water at all because every single one of those expenses would have been categorized in the already mentioned and segregated expenses on the report.

Even though there are only 10 segregated categories in the expense report, I would say about 90-95% of normal operating expenses would be in the other 9 segregated categories, even for a foundation as large as this one. "Other" expenses should be minimal at best, for items like "purchasing supplies for the beneficiaries at a foreign country for an event holding at that location to be able to properly report how many people need the funds associated with the program in place" (which could very easily be placed in "Direct program expenditures" anyway).

Do you see my point, or are you going to flail around some more, trying to explain away $17-$25 million of "other" expenses that are very highly questionable in nature?

I've already stated my point clearly and politely. It's a poorly run NGO. You've yet to produce any evidence there's more to it than that.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-18 11:00:22  
Gotta love conspiracy theorists!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 11:01:29  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Gotta love conspiracy theorists!

No. I really don't.

Then again, I'm sure there are people about who think I'm a borderline conspiracy theorist too so...meh.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 11:02:28  
I have a better solution to all of our problems.

*** it, dudes.

Let's go bowling.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-18 11:20:44  
Bowling. That game where I order beers and talk more than I actually bowl.

Where's the damn order of fries and sliders already.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-18 11:22:15  
I love to bowl. Too bad you have to sell your left kidney to afford 3 games nowadays.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-18 11:24:53  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

but the clinton's used the money to buy Hawaiian Shave Ice not Slushies....

plus everyone does it... so there.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-18 11:27:51  
It's not too bad around here, the thing is that most of the time there are leagues rolling and I don't feel like finding another league or squeezing into an end lane with strangers. The league I was in was pretty good for a few years, then the older couple my wife and I were partners with left and we got saddled with someone's "friends," and the guy in the couple was an absolute raging ***.

So we actually bowled out the rest of our season in a couple of days and didn't go back the following year and I haven't been since.

Which sort of sucks, because I miss it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-18 11:28:45  
SANDERS 2016

And remember, Donald Trump is the frontrunner. Just let it soak in. Marinade. Absorb into your pores and become part of you. Donald motherfucking Trump is a frontrunner to run the country. The sadist in me wants it to happen to punish every dipshit who thinks hes qualified because he 'speaks his mind'.

You know who else speaks his mind and is a dribbling dumbshit? My uncle. And uncles all across America.

I had a moment where listening to conservative radio I was in complete agreement with the host that he has no idea what he's doing and seems to be making it all up as he goes along. I think I'm starting to lose my faculties.

Donald Trump. President. Running. Frontrunner. Primaries. Iowa. Reality has started to slip from me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-18 11:30:31  
One of my wife's uncles owns a bowling alley, so every year on Christmas Eve they have an extended family bowling party where I can get in as many games as I want for free. If it weren't for that, I'd probably only get in a few games a year.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-18 11:30:39  
We started a competing league as a joke because me and my buddies used to go to the bar at the bowling alley a couple nights a week and the league guys were total *** to anyone there on their nights. I think we had like 3 teams and never completed a set.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-18 11:32:38  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
SANDERS 2016

And remember, Donald Trump is the frontrunner. Just let it soak in. Marinade. Absorb into your pores and become part of you. Donald motherfucking Trump is a frontrunner to run the country.

I had a moment where listening to conservative radio I was in complete agreement with the host that he has no idea what he's doing and seems to be making it all up as he goes along.

Donald Trump. President. Running. Frontrunner.

It seems like Hannity and Rush like Trump, but in general I'm seeing more and more conservative hosts saying that they don't like what the Republican Party has become. Sure they hate Democrats more, but at least they're not in complete denial about their own problems.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-18 11:32:44  
Who knew bowling was such serious bsns.
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-09-18 11:34:18  

Overly competitive *** ruin everything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-18 11:37:02  
Bahamut.Omael said: »

Overly competitive *** ruin everything.

True, but I have to modify your statement just a tad.
First Page 2 3 ... 944 945 946 ... 1375 1376 1377