Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 793 794 795 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 14:03:56  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
How are teenagers well educated middle class?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-20 14:04:20  
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
I don't get news sites like this.
The picture they provide already shows the rise by 0.4°C in the last 35 years..
But no measurable warming trend in the last 21.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-20 14:08:30  
I'm telling you, we need to heat this place up.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 14:08:52  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
fonewear said: »
The good thing about global warming is all those crazy liberals in NYC will be under a foot of water !
Latest reports say a good chunk of NY will be underwater within 200 years(which is a rather short timeframe).
They say they are gonna build some sort of barricade or something, I'm not sure how that'll help though.

They'll just keep getting a bunch of federal money for repeatedly rebuilding in a *** disaster area.

Look, I love NOLA as much as anyone and the culture contained therein, but IT'S GOING TO FLOOD AGAIN. IT'S NOT AN "IF". MOVE AND STOP TAKING TAX MONEY.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 14:09:29  
The statue of liberty is an immigrant too!

She's a French harlot.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 14:18:23  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm telling you, we need to heat this place up.

PARKER obliges.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-20 14:32:58  
Ramyrez said: »
The good thing about global warming is all those crazy liberals in NYC will be under a foot of water !
Latest reports say a good chunk of NY will be underwater within 200 years(which is a rather short timeframe).
They say they are gonna build some sort of barricade or something, I'm not sure how that'll help though.

They'll just keep getting a bunch of federal money for repeatedly rebuilding in a *** disaster area.

Look, I love NOLA as much as anyone and the culture contained therein, but IT'S GOING TO FLOOD AGAIN. IT'S NOT AN "IF". MOVE AND STOP TAKING TAX MONEY.

They've been paying people not to rebuild in zones susceptible to flooding. Both in NY and NJ. Equal value land further inland but certain places are just going to have to deal with it. Parts of Long Island's economy necessitates being near the water and parts of NYC are just lowland areas. You can't do much when there's already a land shortfall problem in a major metropolitan area.

As for people rebuilding on the barrier islands? Mostly rich folk who can afford to and don't really care given the atmosphere and exclusivity of being near the city/water. Vacation homes being wrecked doesn't have the same impact, yaknow?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-20 14:34:05  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Vacation homes
There are good beaches in NY?
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 14:39:38  

They've been paying people not to rebuild in zones susceptible to flooding. Both in NY and NJ. Equal value land further inland but certain places are just going to have to deal with it. Parts of Long Island's economy necessitates being near the water and parts of NYC are just lowland areas. You can't do much when there's already a land shortfall problem in a major metropolitan area.

As for people rebuilding on the barrier islands? Mostly rich folk who can afford to and don't really care given the atmosphere and exclusivity of being near the city/water. Vacation homes being wrecked doesn't have the same impact, yaknow?

Yeah. My venom there is sort of reserved for New Orleans. It's a marvelous place, but c'mon guiz. Mother nature is going to win there every time.

NY gets flooding some, but it's not literally under sea level the way that New Orleans is.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-20 14:40:09  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 14:41:32  
Vacation homes

Relative to running in and and of the fire hydrant stream that's been illegally cracked on?

Yeah.

Relative to what you've probably got sitting on the Mediterranean in Italy?

Probably not.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-20 14:45:06  
Vacation homes

Relative to running in and and of the fire hydrant stream that's been illegally cracked on?

Yeah.

Relative to what you've probably got sitting on the Mediterranean in Italy?

Probably not.

It's just a matter of location, yeah. Most of the beaches are just whatever, but they're within 1-2 hours from the city so........ unless you're talking about taking a dip in a lake, you're hanging by the coast.
By fonewear 2015-07-20 14:48:38  
Video on NYC:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-07-20 14:50:22  
It's just a matter of location, yeah. Most of the beaches are just whatever, but they're within 1-2 hours from the city so........ unless you're talking about taking a dip in a lake, you're hanging by the coast.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

By fonewear 2015-07-20 14:52:27  
Speaking of NYC the Obamas were there recently.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-20 14:55:11  

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's just not the same as the sea. But New York State has a TON of options upstate. You just have to be fine with driving 4-5 hours to bumblefuck nowhere.

Which is why LI is so convenient. Train or highway 30mins-1.5hrs and you've got a shitty NE coast beach.
By fonewear 2015-07-20 14:59:20  
I don't have to drive 5 hours to be in bumblefuck nowhere I"m already there !

We lead the US in bumblefucks (which I imagine is bee sex)

If I want to be surrounded by tourists I'll go to NYC though.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 15:02:40  
Odin.Jassik said: »
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-20 16:46:38  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Sicarii
Fenian Brotherhood
Sheikh Said rebellion
Ararat rebellion
Aum Shinrikyo
Hui Minorities War
The various forms of IRA over the mid-late 1900s

ok for starters the sicarii all killed themselves they weren't won over by economic reform... /keeps reading

all the Sheikh Said were mercilessly hunted down and hanged...

Ararat rebellion bombed into submission...

Hui Minorities War... castrated, forced into slavery,burned to cinders in full view of the public >.>
/rubs temples

were any of them quelled with hugs and economic reform!?
No, apart from possibly some of the particular parts of the IRA (in the 90s?).
They were (generally speaking) either eliminated by brute force (possibly combined with subsequent occupation), or by targeted elimination of the leaders.

The key point to note is that while the particular movements may have been eliminated at that point in time, subsequent movements would re-emerge at a later point (particularly in the middle east; e.g. look at Turkey and the Kurds).

It may be 5 years, 10 years, 50 years; but the issue isn't resolved. Brute force alone doesn't resolve the issue.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-20 17:30:56  
Quote:
Large caches of data stolen from online cheating site AshleyMadison.com have been posted online by an individual or group that claims to have completely compromised the company’s user databases, financial records and other proprietary information. The still-unfolding leak could be quite damaging to some 37 million users of the hookup service, whose slogan is “Life is short. Have an affair.”

The data released by the hacker or hackers — which self-identify as The Impact Team — includes sensitive internal data stolen from Avid Life Media (ALM), the Toronto-based firm that owns AshleyMadison as well as related hookup sites Cougar Life and Established Men.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/online-cheating-site-ashleymadison-hacked/
By Enuyasha 2015-07-20 18:57:52  

Florida kinda needs to do that before New Orleans....We had one Hurricane in a long line of Decades that flooded the city because of an engineering ***. Southern Florida gets RAVAGED TO ALL *** by MULTIPLE Hurricanes every season and yet NO FLOATING FURNITURE OR RUBBER DUCKIE HOUSES.

Thats like telling the clean kid to stop using drugs while the Meth addict is sitting there smoking a bowl agreeing with you. >_>

I blame the french though, who the *** builds a city in a swamp....

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Quote:
Large caches of data stolen from online cheating site AshleyMadison.com have been posted online by an individual or group that claims to have completely compromised the company’s user databases, financial records and other proprietary information. The still-unfolding leak could be quite damaging to some 37 million users of the hookup service, whose slogan is “Life is short. Have an affair.”

The data released by the hacker or hackers — which self-identify as The Impact Team — includes sensitive internal data stolen from Avid Life Media (ALM), the Toronto-based firm that owns AshleyMadison as well as related hookup sites Cougar Life and Established Men.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/online-cheating-site-ashleymadison-hacked/

Anyone else highly amused that the hack groups name is ***?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-20 19:58:44  
were any of them quelled with hugs and economic reform!?
No,

they were supposed to be...remember?

What will? Trying to alleviate the root causes of dissatisfaction as much as possible: isolation, economic/opportunity disparity, persecution/revenge. But those aren't short term measures, either.

I would think you would point to some example where this has worked?.

the only thing that was alleviated in your examples was their earthly suffering via mass extermination >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-21 02:43:06  
Enuyasha said: »
who the *** builds a city in a swamp....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-21 07:24:57  
ats like telling the clean kid to stop using drugs while the Meth addict is sitting there smoking a bowl agreeing with you. >_>

Except you have hope for, and like, your kids. The Meth addict is there as a warning of how they could turn up.

I'll leave it to you to interpret that analogy.

I blame the french though, who the *** builds a city in a swamp....

This guy.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-21 08:20:45  
I'm happy in bumblefuck USA the people are friendly and the traffic isn't too bad.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-21 09:06:33  
I'm happy in bumblefuck USA the people are friendly and the traffic isn't too bad.

are there any good restaurants in bumblefuck USA?

I have an uncle that lives in bumfuck ohio and there are no good places to eat... closest town is called "Killbuck" I think they have one jpizza place
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-21 09:07:21  

are there any good restaurants in bumblefuck USA?

I have an uncle that lives in bumfuck ohio and there are no good places to eat... closest town is called "Killbuck" I think they have one jpizza place

There are a lot of good local pizza places. And a place with over 600 craft beers. That is all I need. (the beer place is 20 minutes away) Which isn't too bad.

There is one restaurant nearby that is pretty good. I could walk to it.

Also I can ride my bicycle through the neighborhood. Which is kinda rare these days. It looks like one of those stereotypical 1950's places to live.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-21 09:12:13  
It looks like one of those stereotypical 1950's places to live.

lots of pizza...1950's decor...sounds like bumblefuck is a suburb of syracuse ny
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-21 09:13:23  
It looks like one of those stereotypical 1950's places to live.

lots of pizza...1950's decor...sounds like bumblefuck is a suburb of syracuse ny

Funny you mention that my brother went to college at Syracuse. I don't live there though.

All I remember about visiting is mountains of snow.

There was maybe still is a good BBQ place there.

Edit It's still there.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/
By Ramyrez 2015-07-21 09:17:46  
There are a lot of good local pizza places. And a place with over 600 craft beers.

If there are "lots of" anything, or anywhere you can buy from a variety of more than six craft beers, let a lone 600, you do not live in bumblefuck anywhere.

Bumfuck nowhere has two pizza places, one is amazing and the other is terrible, but you eat at the both as frequently because terrible delivers and amazing doesn't (and you tip the driver well, but awkwardly, because it's a guy you went to high school with, but he delivers quickly). There's one good place for hot dogs and burgers, it's not a chain (there are no chains in town) and it's also the only place to buy beer that isn't Coors Light.

It's also the only place you're willing to pay someone else to give you a hot dog because nowhere else does it quite right. They may taste good, but they're just not the same as that place.

And good luck buying gas past 9:00 p.m.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 793 794 795 ... 1375 1376 1377