Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 763 764 765 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-14 15:56:28  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
No one's denying the earth's climate is changing, it's always changing.

Plenty are denying it, or conflating climate and weather, etc. But, it's not specifically that it's changing, it's the rate it's changing.

For a person who claims there are so many holes in the theory, you sure don't seem to have a *** clue what any of them are.

Well that's the point. To the extent we can know how the climate changes we really can't with any certainty say:

1) That the climate is changing outside a "reasonable" rate.
2) That the change that is occurring is due to our emission of CO2.

I mean the climate changes at a faster rate when a volcano goes off, than what the alarmists are claiming man has done.

Climate scientist know a lot more than you think. Volcanoes are a natural occurrence, something we have no control over. Pumping millions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere every year with industry and transportation is something we do have control over. What's more, there are much cleaner alternatives that aren't getting the research and development they should because big oil has lobbied against them.

Don't mistake your lack of knowledge for everyone bring ignorant of climate science.

They do huh? Can you point to any one of their models that has accurately predicted atmospheric temperature in the last 30 years?

Of course you can't.

Numerous people have linked an obnoxious amount of information including raw data and you refuse to even look at it. You have decided to accept a level of ignorance on the subject, and we're all sick of spoon-feeding you information.

No they haven't. No one has produced an accurate climate model in the past thirty years.

Put up or shut up.

Because you are capable of evaluating climate models, lol.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-14 15:59:44  
Jetackuu said: »
You keep thinking that people have to cite common knowledge or when refuting an absurd claim that has no backing.

No, I'm just confused as to why you guys have such a hard time citing "common knowledge". It's so common that nobody can find it?

Also, go farm me gil.

Since you didn't specify, I'll farm beehive chips.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-14 16:08:23  
more important news
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-14 16:16:37  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Come on guys, at least try.
I've posted a couple research papers in the past, and in one instance Nausi himself even admited he didn't read it. But still went against it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-14 16:23:47  
it's a vatican certified miracle when we can read each others forum posts correctly...

we went to public school....in america

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-14 16:27:11  
Nik, you really need to stop posting pics of Josiah.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-14 16:27:24  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

The question on everyone's minds now...What's Jennifer Love-Hewitt doing? Answer that, Nik!

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-14 16:55:43  
None of this really matters. We'll are going to be dead someday.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-14 18:19:44  
No they haven't. No one has produced an accurate climate model in the past thirty years.

Put up or shut up.
Well-estimated global surface warming in climate projections selected for ENSO phase
Quote:
When the phase of natural variability is taken into account, the model 15-year warming trends in CMIP5 projections well estimate the observed trends for all 15-year periods over the past half-century.
Climate simulations for 1880–2003 with GISS modelE (I've linked this before in a response to you.)

More info for you to ignore after you're done dismissing the above information.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-14 18:27:06  
Should just make a thread called "stuff a few posters pretend doesn't exist" and fill it with links to things like economic and environmental science studies.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-14 18:46:11  
Should just make a thread called "stuff a few posters pretend doesn't exist" and fill it with links to things like economic and environmental science studies.

Don't forget scandals caused by Democrats.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-07-14 18:54:27  
Real scandals or the other kind?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-14 18:57:03  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Meh, doesn't matter. You put them all in the "other" category regardless.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-14 21:34:10  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
True but I WILL have fun on the way out.

P. S. I have the genetic potential to go past 100 and the curiosity to see what comes next.

As a for instance, I was raised in the shadow of WWII. America was the good guys.

Who'da thunk that torture would someday become official policy?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-14 21:44:31  
I'm too tired for this right now. Just had to write 10 pages on The World Bank. My brain is shot.

Hopefully this is my last assignment for the next 2 weeks. The Chinese are working me to death! lol.

At least they pay great.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-14 23:02:25  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
As a for instance, I was raised in the shadow of WWII. America was the good guys.

Are you that naive? Do you really think we didn't torture during WWII? Am I misunderstanding your post? You realize that good guys are capable of torture if the situation calls for it.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 06:39:15  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Put up or shut up.

False.

And yet another "nuh uh" without any substance or link. Come on guys, at least try. If you're going to call Nausi out for not sourcing his claims, at least have the dignity to link one yourself.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-07-15 06:53:37  

Hopefully soon ! I"m sure global warming will live on long after I'm taking a dirt nap.

By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 07:01:41  
You keep thinking that people have to cite common knowledge or when refuting an absurd claim that has no backing.

No, I'm just confused as to why you guys have such a hard time citing "common knowledge". It's so common that nobody can find it?

Also, go farm me gil.

Since you didn't specify, I'll farm beehive chips.
Lazy.

Also: as long as I can buy the rest of my af/relic upgrades, :D
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 07:05:26  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

So Benghazi, Solyndra, IRS or actual scandals?

Let's see (off the top of my head) Secret Service thing with prostitutes, ATF and the gun trafficking thing, anything else?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-15 07:30:48  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

The question on everyone's minds now...What's Jennifer Love-Hewitt doing? Answer that, Nik!

according to wikipedia she got hitched and pumped out a couple of kids

jlh
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 07:52:01  

It took our territory that was barely even ours being bombed by not-even-the-main-bad-guy to get involved at all...versus a regime that has become universally considered (albeit not entirely accurately) the most evil of all time, and the horrors of war went largely unknown by non-combatants.

We may have been "with" the good guys, and we certainly took advantage of the position in the post-war years, but the American sentiment that we were the big heroes of WWII is really, really arrogant.

*We, in fact, had major industrial ties to the Third Reich (see: Henry Ford), though those are all vehemently denied now.

All of this isn't to say that we weren't some of the good guys. And I don't want to trivialize the contributions of the U.S. or our veterans to that war effort.

I just dislike the tendency of our country to view the past through rose-colored glasses while we act like we've become a hotbed of moral decay.

Our morals have always been superficial.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 07:59:07  

P. S. I have the genetic potential to go past 100 and the curiosity to see what comes next.

Who needs morals we are America who is going to stop us ? Canada ?
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:00:08  
Just putting this out there America gives more money and aid than any other country in the world. Yet somehow we are this evil empire.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-15 08:00:31  
Ramyrez said: »
*We, in fact, had major industrial ties to the Third Reich

See Prescott Bush.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:04:20  

You may hate/dislike America but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Remember Canada is right up there ! And they got plenty of ice hockey and maple syrup to satisfy your un American interests !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 08:05:09  
Ramyrez said: »
*We, in fact, had major industrial ties to the Third Reich

See Prescott Bush.

See Henry Ford, ffs.
By fonewear 2015-07-15 08:06:04  
So Henry Ford support the Nazis but he created one of the last great American automobile companies. I think that is a fair trade off.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-15 08:07:12  
fonewear said: »

You may hate/dislike America but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I love my country. I just dislike trying to paint the past for something other than what it is. There's not a country on this planet that wasn't born out of or kept alive by terrible things one way or another.

But we need to acknowledge that if we're to keep moving forward, not pretend the past was best and all that's going on now is terribad.
First Page 2 3 ... 763 764 765 ... 1375 1376 1377