Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 760 761 762 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-13 14:50:40  
*Humour.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-13 14:51:23  
that's europe silly, we do whatever the *** we want in america.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 14:52:43  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Again... global warming or no... efforts to curb our pollution for our own health and welfare seems to be a good idea. I mean we should totally keep doing as much damage as possible right?
I'm all about not dumping toxic waste and chemicals, specifically mercury, or releasing large amounts of methane into the air, and even CFCs. Reducing ocean acidity, sure. But the war on C02, nah.

Even recycling of metal, I'm all for, there is even good money in that. Plastic, we could do without, especially in terms of dumping it in ground or having it released into oceans and lakes. Recycling plastic is not very environmentally sound either. I also like the idea of curbing Styrofoam, specifically in the food service industry.

But once again to put the main focus on CO2 and blame CO2 for everything, that's where I draw the line.
There's other options besides only recycling.

Waste-to-energy plants have been in use for decades and have been increasingly effective at reducing landfill use and producing energy
Those were always my choice to build in Sim City.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-13 14:55:48  
I'm going to keep that humor link handy. No matter how obvious I try to make it, someone usually ends up taking me seriously.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-07-13 14:57:32  
fonewear said: »
When you guys solve the global warming threat. Can someone highlight the key aspects of it. I'll be sure to present it to a local scientist.

Redistribute the wealth of the United States to the rest of the World. There, climate change miraculously solved.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 15:02:21  
In other news:

Quote:
The Pravy Sektor (Right Sector) nationalists played a small but instrumental role in three months of pro-European protests that eventually toppled the Kremlin-backed leadership in February 2014.

They then formed the heart of some of the best-equipped -- and allegedly most ruthless -- units to wage war against pro-Russian militias that overran parts of Ukraine's eastern industrial heartland in the wake of the Kiev revolution.

Interior ministry battalions are also at the forefront of the 15-month battle against separatist fighters that has claimed more than 6,500 lives.

But mistrust between volunteer units and Ukraine's armed forces has been building as Poroshenko tries to follow through on a February peace deal whose terms -- including partial self-rule for the insurgents -- are anathema to the nationalists.

The weekend battles were sparked by Pravy Sektor's self-proclaimed bid to prevent Hungary and Slovakia from being flooded with any more contraband cigarettes that have already enriched local politicians and their security overlords.

Pravy Sektor reported the death of two of its members in a shootout with what appeared to be a mixture of security personnel and armed local thugs.

The interior ministry -- backed up with armoured personnel carriers and military trucks -- said one civilian had also died in circumstances that were unclear.

The battle broke out after a dozen or so Pravy Sektor members came to what was meant to be a round of negotiations equipped with grenade launchers and machine guns.

Pravy Sektor leader Dmytro Yarosh -- a bombastic parliament member who was wounded in eastern Ukrainian clashes and whom Moscow identifies as a neo-Nazi -- pleaded for calm.

"We are working with the Ukrainian Security Service in order to stabilise the situation," he wrote Monday on Facebook.

The gun battle erupted in a rural region split from the rest of Ukraine by the Carpathian Mountains and has ancient cultural ties to Hungary.

The Zakarpattia (Trans-Carpathian) province has often wound up siding with pro-Russian political parties because many locals also mistrust the Ukrainian nationalists.

About half of the region's residents also carry Hungarian passports and have few political links to either Moscow or Kiev.

"The problem for Ukraine is that there are a lot of armed people who view themselves as heroes and try to establish their brand of order through force," said the source.

"Something like this was bound to happen -- and it did."
Poroshenko faces new security crisis in western Ukraine

In other words the neo-nazi's are starting to turn on Ukrainian forces, both of which are backed by the U.S.

Quote:
50 Cent has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Monday, July 13, according to the Wall Street Journal.

According to court documents filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy in Hartford Connecticut, Curtis Jackson’s “debts are primarily consumer debts.” The rapper reported assets and liabilities ranging from $10-$50 million.

50 Cent’s Boxing Promotions Company Files for Bankruptcy

The filing comes close to two months after 50 Cent’s boxing promotions company, SMS Promotions, filed for “relief under chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy code.”

50 Cent Ordered to Pay $5 Million to Woman Who Sued Over Sex Tape

On Friday, July 10, a jury ordered 50 Cent to pay $5 million to Lastonia Leviston who claims the rapper acquired a sex tape she made with her boyfriend at the time, which he used in a 2009 13-minute video featuring him as commentator, Pimpin’ Curly, taunting Leviston and Rick Ross. Leviston and Ross have a daughter together.
50 Cent Files for Bankruptcy
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-07-13 15:28:14  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
I always hear about how Obama spends his weekends golfing. I'm curious, what did all the previous presidents do on the weekends? Or is this another "It's out of control because its Obama"?

you picked the wrong guy.

I'd make fun of Eisenhower & all his golfing, but when was the last time we talked up Dwight D.??? HUH?!?

besides this comment was kind of taken out of context. It all started with a compliment / insult. I would classify myself as 'indifferent' towards his presidency so far.
I wasn't trying to be snarky at you on purpose. Its just that I'm always hearing about Obama play golf, but have never seen the amount in any sort of context. Was hoping for some sort of explanation. Best "source" I've seen is some anti-obama website that is somehow trying to tie in his golf outings to deaths of soldiers in Iraq.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-13 15:29:54  
Everytime Obama swings his golf bat an american soldier dies. Stop the bloodshed now. #endobamapresidency
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-13 15:30:59  
Dubya got crap for playing golf from the left, Obama gets crap for playing golf from the right. It's a partisan tradition that you can pass down to your children.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:40:30  
Basically we don't want our public officials to play golf. Play a manly sport like football or rugby !
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-13 15:40:44  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Dubya got crap for playing golf from the left, Obama gets crap for playing golf from the right. It's a partisan tradition that you can pass down to your children.

I yearn for the day when our children can complain about a POTUS with a love of bocce ball.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-13 15:41:10  

At least Obama is good at it
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:41:42  
A guy named 50 cent filing for bankruptcy: That's the joke !
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:42:30  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Well at least he is good at something was more of the way I was thinking...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 15:45:31  
Is Obama good at golf?
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:46:10  
Is Obama good at golf?

Well I don't know is there some precedent. Quick to the pointless research generator !

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1869178,00.html

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2009-02/obamaswing

http://swampland.time.com/2013/02/17/barack-obama-americas-not-so-great-golfer-in-chief/
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-07-13 15:50:03  
http://deadspin.com/barack-obama-still-bad-at-basketball-464880921
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-13 15:50:17  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Bowling, on the other hand....
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 15:50:20  
Old article from 2008 on the quick Google search 'Is Obama good at golf?"

Quote:
President-elect Barack Obama's rise to the pinnacle of political power and his ability to enthrall giant crowds with his skills as an orator have drawn comparisons to former President John F. Kennedy. Those comparisons do not, however, carry over to the golf course.

Obama is clearly not as comfortable on the links as he is at the speaker's podium or the basketball court. Obama has played golf three times during his trip home to Hawaii for the Holidays, and each time he has looked less than presidential, but not terrible, according to local professionals. Norman-Ganin S. Asao, the head professional at Olomana Golf Links where Obama learned the game as a teenager and where he plays at least once during each trip home to Honolulu, says Obama has "maybe a 20'something handicap" based on the swings he's seen. "He's not a bad golfer at all," says Asao. "I've definitely seen a lot worse."

"I've seen him hit a few balls and hit a few shots," says Asao. "He looks like he shoots in the 90's to the low hundreds. Obviously he'll hit those bad shots here and there but it always seems once the round gets going he starts to play a little better."
How Good is Barack Obama at Golf?

I have no clue if those numbers are good or not, but it seems to say he's ok, but not great.
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:50:56  
90 in golf is not very good. 72 is normally par for a 18 hole course.

From Wiki:

Typical championship golf courses have par values of 72, comprising four par-threes, ten par-fours, and four par-fives. Championship course par can be as high as 73 to as low as 69. Most 18-hole courses not designed for championships have a par close to 72, though some will be lower. Courses with par above 73 are rare. Courses built on relatively small parcels of land will often be designed as Par-3 Courses, in which every hole (or almost every hole) is a par-three (for a total par of 54 or slightly higher over 18 holes).
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 15:51:58  
Ah at least that one is more recent.

Barack Obama: America’s (Not So Great) Golfer-in-Chief. Don't need to read the article, just the title.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-13 15:53:25  
Is Obama good at golf?

I have no idea, but he sucks at dancing and basketball, so he should be good at something, right?
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:53:47  
Yea I actually watch golf on TV but only the major championship tournaments.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 15:54:29  
Looks like George W. Bush is ranked better:

Quote:
1 John F. Kennedy Despite chronic back pain, averaged 80.
2 Dwight D. Eisenhower Had a green outside the Oval Office.
3 Gerald R. Ford Clumsy, but was a legitimate 80s-shooter.
4 Franklin D. Roosevelt At 39, polio robbed him of a powerful golf swing.
5 George H.W. Bush Once got his handicap down to 11.
6 George W. Bush Outgoing prez is a capable 15-handicapper.
7 Bill Clinton Can break 90, especially using his "Billigans."
8 Barack Obama The lefty plays more hoops than golf.
9 Ronald Reagan Didn't play often or well (best was low 90s).
10 Warren G. Harding Struggled to break 95.
11 William Howard Taft As hapless a golfer as he was a chief executive.
12 Woodrow Wilson Played more than Ike but almost never broke 100.
13 Richard M. Nixon He shot 79 once and quit the game.
14 Lyndon B. Johnson Played with senators to secure votes for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
15 Calvin Coolidge When he vacated the White House, he left his clubs behind.
Ranking the golfing Presidents

Also, lol "Billigans."
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-07-13 15:55:56  
Quote:
13 Richard M. Nixon He shot 79 once and quit the game.

this is the most nixon thing ever
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:57:13  
He may be President but he is no Jordan Spieth !
By fonewear 2015-07-13 15:57:40  
Nixon never loses he just quits !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 17:39:23  
Quote:
Fans of the Simpsons will now be able to enjoy their favourite characters’ drink of choice as it’s been announced that Duff Beer is to go on the market.

21st Century Fox has revealed that the company will start selling Duff Beer in Chile this week. They plan to expand in early 2016 to other parts of South America and Europe.

Fox has previously been selling Duff branded beer at theme parks but not on the commercial market.

Bootleg versions of the beer have been created around the world by both fans wishing to create an homage to the iconic show and businesses looking to capitalise off the back of the franchise.

Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox’s consumer products division, told the Wall Street Journal: “Once you see enough piracy, you’re faced with two choices. One is deciding to fight it, and the other is deciding to go out [into the market] with it.”

He added that a special recipe has been developed for the beer: “It’s a premium lager. It’s got a very good balance of flavour and refreshment to it. It’s fairly deep golden in color.

“It’s got a hint of fruit to it. It’s got a caramel aromatic to it.”

The company hopes that the beer will soon be available globally. Godsick said: “I think there’s potential to have Duff everywhere in the world.”
Be like Homer! Simpsons Duff Beer goes on sale this week
By Bloodrose 2015-07-13 17:41:13  
I thought we already had enough Duff in the world - Hillary Duff.

And what about Fudd, or Red Tick Beer?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-13 17:46:34  
Bloodrose said: »
I thought we already had enough Duff in the world - Hillary Duff.

And what about Fudd, or Red Tick Beer?
Needs more dog.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 760 761 762 ... 1375 1376 1377