Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 756 757 758 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-07-11 08:50:03  
John Swartzwelder at his finest !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-11 08:50:51  
Every time I hear someone mentioned the Japanese, I always wanna use that line, "The Japanese! Those sandal wearing goldfish tenders!"
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-11 08:50:58  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
fonewear said: »
The Chinese Japanese ! Those sandal wearing goldfish tenders ! Bosh ! Flimshaw!

Wrong Asians, lol.

I know but that is one of my favorite quotes anyways.
By fonewear 2015-07-11 08:51:52  
I think they should do an entire 1920's Simpsons movie. Bring back Swartzwelder !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-11 08:52:28  
Odin.Jassik said: »
The US has incredibly high productivity
What is it that the U.S. produces again?

Ideas.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-11 08:53:51  
Siren.Mosin said: »
The only solution is all out war with china. Tell them to *** off, we're aren't paying our debts. Then we'll have to build our own mcdonald's kids meal toys, and get some free population control while we're at it.

Time to fight a land war in Asia, (Amercia) *** yeah!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-11 08:54:05  
The full scene is the best quote imo.

Quote:
Burns' Grandfather: Come on, men! Smash those atoms! You there, turn out your pockets.

[Two goons seize a waifish worker and turn out his pockets]

Burns' Grandfather: Aha - atoms! One, two, three, four... SIX of them! Take him away!

Waif: You can't treat the working man this way! One of these days we'll form a union, and get the fair and equitable treatment we deserve! Then we'll go too far, and become corrupt and shiftless, and the Japanese will eat us alive!

Burns' Grandfather: The Japanese? Those sandal-wearing goldfish tenders? Ha ha! Bosh! Flimshaw!

Mr. Burns: Oh, if only we'd listened to that young man, instead of walling him up in the abandoned coke oven.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-11 08:54:30  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Ideas.
Freedom!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-11 08:55:12  
I'm thinking of making my Facebook job profile say " Sandal wearing goldfish tender" !
By fonewear 2015-07-11 08:55:49  
I want all of Homer's file photos too !

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-11 08:57:52  
I want all of Homer's file photos too !

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-11 08:58:33  
I knew he was a pinko commie !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-11 08:58:41  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Ideas.
Freedom!

YouTube Video Placeholder

2 hours and 3 minutes of freedom. *wipes tear away*
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-11 09:00:41  
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-11 09:02:21  
One of my favorite sight gags:

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-12 05:59:31  
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-12 06:19:18  
Quote:
President Obama will use his clemency power to release dozens of inmates from federal custody this week, doubling the commutations he’s granted so far and reassuring advocates that he is serious about using his executive authority to free people serving long decades for nonviolent crimes.

If the president grants another 40 or so commutations as expected, he will have shortened the sentences of more prisoners than any president since Gerald Ford, who extended clemency to thousands of Vietnam draft dodgers. (Obama’s record on pardoning ex-convicts outside of prison, however, has remained stingy by historical standards.)

The commutations will be granted during a criminal-justice-heavy week for the president. On Tuesday, he addresses the NAACP’s annual conference in Philadelphia, where he will speak about the need to reform mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent crimes, which disproportionately affect men and women of color. On Thursday, Obama will travel to El Reno prison in Oklahoma, becoming the first sitting president to tour a federal prison, according to White House spokesman Josh Earnest. The president will also give an interview to VICE magazine at the prison, on his criminal justice reform efforts.

Last year, the Obama administration made a historic call for applications from prisoners serving more than a decade in prison for nonviolent crimes that would have been prosecuted less harshly today. Obama is expected to shorten the sentences of hundreds of these prisoners before he leaves office, though the White House maintains there is no set number of commutations. The president has shown a special interest in people sent away for decades for crack cocaine violations, which were punished 100 times more harshly than powder cocaine until Congress scaled down that gap in 2010.
Obama to free dozens of inmates, tour federal prison this week
By fonewear 2015-07-12 07:22:30  
Quote:
President Obama will use his clemency power to release dozens of inmates from federal custody this week, doubling the commutations he’s granted so far and reassuring advocates that he is serious about using his executive authority to free people serving long decades for nonviolent crimes.

If the president grants another 40 or so commutations as expected, he will have shortened the sentences of more prisoners than any president since Gerald Ford, who extended clemency to thousands of Vietnam draft dodgers. (Obama’s record on pardoning ex-convicts outside of prison, however, has remained stingy by historical standards.)

The commutations will be granted during a criminal-justice-heavy week for the president. On Tuesday, he addresses the NAACP’s annual conference in Philadelphia, where he will speak about the need to reform mandatory minimum sentences for nonviolent crimes, which disproportionately affect men and women of color. On Thursday, Obama will travel to El Reno prison in Oklahoma, becoming the first sitting president to tour a federal prison, according to White House spokesman Josh Earnest. The president will also give an interview to VICE magazine at the prison, on his criminal justice reform efforts.

Last year, the Obama administration made a historic call for applications from prisoners serving more than a decade in prison for nonviolent crimes that would have been prosecuted less harshly today. Obama is expected to shorten the sentences of hundreds of these prisoners before he leaves office, though the White House maintains there is no set number of commutations. The president has shown a special interest in people sent away for decades for crack cocaine violations, which were punished 100 times more harshly than powder cocaine until Congress scaled down that gap in 2010.
Obama to free dozens of inmates, tour federal prison this week

I'm a Democrat all I saw was "Obama" and "free" I couldn't understand the rest of it !
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-12 07:26:01  
He created 3 or 4 new national monuments as well. Preserving a bunch of land. It's almost as if he's trying to impress me with his last year so I won't harp on the undeserved nobel peace prize & all the golfing for the rest of my life.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-12 07:31:04  
I just find it funny that the guy Alfred Nobel was famous for created dynamite and other deadly explosives. So why not create a "peace prize" to cover up all the death he caused !
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-12 07:34:35  
>>> awarded nobel peace prize

>>> spend the next six years blasting the middle-east with drones

lol whaaaaaaaaat?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-12 07:35:56  
It's only fitting.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-12 07:36:46  
Siren.Mosin said: »
>>> awarded nobel peace prize

>>> spend the next six years blasting the middle-east with drones

lol whaaaaaaaaat?

In his defense killing with drones okay. Killing with non drones not okay !

When you eliminate the humans doing the killing. We can justify all sorts of death !

Translated into philosophy: The end justify the means !

No one has time for moral dilemmas when johnny suicide bomber and the ISIS brigade are on the move !
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-12 10:17:05  
Even more wealth for the 0.001%.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-12 10:24:32  
What you rather the US do not produce wealth. Be like Greece ?
By fonewear 2015-07-12 10:27:07  
Hate to break it to everyone but there is always going to be some white guy that has more money than you.

Complaining about it isn't going to solve your current situation though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-12 10:42:17  
What you rather the US do not produce wealth. Be like Greece ?
Technically it's not producing wealth, but expanding it for the top .01%, IE. money printing. Which that's what everyone calls it, but technically they're not 'printing' money, since only ~6% of currency physically exist.
By fonewear 2015-07-12 10:56:55  
Don't worry if you vote for Hillary you too can complain about "bankers" and Wall Street !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-12 11:15:30  
Looks like global warming will be helpful after all.

Quote:
There will be a "mini ice age" in 2030, solar scientists have said.

We are now able to predict solar cycles with far greater accuracy than ever before thanks to a new model which shows irregularities in the sun’s 11-year heartbeat.

The model shows that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent between 2030 and 2040 causing a "mini ice age".

The conditions predicted have not been experienced since the last "mini ice age" which lasted from 1645 to 1715, called the Maunder Minimum.
'Mini ice age' coming in next fifteen years, new model of the Sun's cycle shows
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-12 11:18:37  
Looks like global warming will be helpful after all.

Quote:
There will be a "mini ice age" in 2030, solar scientists have said.

We are now able to predict solar cycles with far greater accuracy than ever before thanks to a new model which shows irregularities in the sun’s 11-year heartbeat.

The model shows that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent between 2030 and 2040 causing a "mini ice age".

The conditions predicted have not been experienced since the last "mini ice age" which lasted from 1645 to 1715, called the Maunder Minimum.
'Mini ice age' coming in next fifteen years, new model of the Sun's cycle shows

2030 We can't survive 4 years of Hillary nothing to worry about people !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 756 757 758 ... 1375 1376 1377