Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 752 753 754 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-07-10 10:06:45  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Uh oh, was Ramy a goth? That might explain the feelz. =P

Narp.

Though to be fair, emo and goth are two different things, albeit some crossover and similarities. I will listen to goth rock. I won't touch emo.

I dig the goth girl look, but that's something entirely unrelated.

I just think it's awfully silly to be calling out a subculture on a forum made up of members of a...you know...subculture...
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-10 10:07:22  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
BRICS will surpass G7 in two or three years

While India is doing what China did the past 40(?)years, I don't see the other ones growing that much...but I'm far from an expert so I'm just leaving the article for you smart people to share some wisdom(if it even sparks a debate Idk, you guys usually love this economics speculations!)
It's just one marker and a relative unimportant one if left alone. As example when we look at GDP per capita they haven't even reached 25% of G7 value.
An important marker would be international trade, as certain standards and dominances come from it. http://www.oecd.org/std/its/international-trade-statistics-trends-in-first-quarter-2015.htm

EDIT:
Greek Proposals: http://www.naftemporiki.gr/documents/976682/protasi-gia-ti-diapragmateusi-kai-sunapsi-daneiakis-sumbasis-me-ton-europaiko-mixanismo-statherotitas-esm
English part starts at page 9.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-10 10:16:10  
Ramyrez said: »
I dig the goth girl look
Goth clothes are expensive. I was into it for a time but never been able to gather too much stuff cause it's so pricey.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-10 10:18:30  
I dig the goth girl look
Goth clothes are expensive. I was into it for a time but never been able to gather too much stuff cause it's so pricey.

Yeah.

Like I said, never was goth myself and I can, in fact, do without a lot of the whiteface and overdone black makeup, but the clothing, jewelry, etc. was always pretty cool. The more current steampunk community is pretty good for that too because it embraces a lot of the cool goth stuff without the Silvia Plath writing and listening to The Cure, so. Win-win there.

Spent some time at an arts festival this past Friday perusing a lot of cool hand-crafted stuff that fits into that general category. Was a good time.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-10 10:25:50  
Almost my entire wardrobe was black at one point through sheer coincidence. I used to get a lot of free shirts from companies I did business with, and rarely bought my own. They always seemed to give out black t-shirts.

In any case, having compassion for other people isn't a Goth or Emo trait, it's a human one.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-10 10:29:26  
Being Emo or Goth isn't about compassion for others though, it's self-loathing and self-deprecation, respectively.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-10 10:30:59  
Which is why I don't understand it's use in terms of "feels".
By Ramyrez 2015-07-10 10:37:04  
There's a level of self-indulgence about your feelings and your feelings alone to the Goth scene, and to the extreme in the emo scene, for sure.

Hence, why I said, it was never really my scene. I just liked the clothes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-10 10:41:13  
I never associated with a scene. I mostly just like a certain type of clothing style, but don't really feel any interest with the cultural background.
I do like a lot of emo-style clothes for example, but surely don't agree with the praise of depression that seems to characterize their movement. At least among teen agers.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-10 10:44:36  
I never associated with a scene. I mostly just like a certain type of clothing style, but don't really feel any interest with the cultural background.
I do like a lot of emo-style clothes for example, but surely don't agree with the praise of depression that seems to characterize their movement. At least among teen agers.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. Especially the bolded.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-10 10:48:56  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Which is why I don't understand it's use in terms of "feels".

Because you narrowed your definition of "feels" to compassion, and I don't know anyone who only uses it in that sense.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-10 10:54:33  
"Feels" just seems like the new thing to say when you don't have an actual argument.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-10 10:56:46  
"Feels" just seems like the new thing to say when you don't have an actual argument.

Or, in this sense, was clearly just a joke that someone took too seriously... again.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-10 10:58:05  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm bored and going through the comment section of that article. Which one is you Altima?

he's the one reinforcing the barricade on his front door to keep out the tens of millions of Oregonian fifteen year olds who are lined up at the starting gate to run out and get a sex change operation because they are free, right after that they will all storm the courthouse to gay marry each other, then they will lie about their age to register to vote for Hilary, and once hilary has reached her final form then they will all mass in his front yard, break down his door and take all his confederate flags and guns away...and cover him in tulle and turn him gay.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:08:54  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Being Emo or Goth isn't about compassion for others though, it's self-loathing and self-deprecation, respectively.

And shopping at Hot Topic !

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:16:48  
You guys are bunch of nazi conformist cheerleaders!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:18:13  
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:19:02  
The original goth/emo kid !

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-10 11:22:08  
fonewear said: »
And shopping at Hot Topic !

Oh man. I stumbled into a goth rant via a friend of a friend once.

DO you have any idea how much "real" goths haaate Hot Topic goths?

Also, I can tell you right now, I've gone to Hot Topic to buy band t-shirts.

Unless the man is a bobble head, there are no clothes in Hot Topic to fit that man.
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:22:41  
Go to any dinner late at night and you will find goth/emo kids drinking coffee it is true !
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:23:44  
What is really sad is I'm pretty sure Nirvana T shirts are sold at Hot Topic. That makes me feel odd.

Nirvana to me is more of a punk band and not a emo/goth thing but whatever.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-10 11:24:08  
Hipster Goths?!

*** that ***, I'm out!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:24:39  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Hipster Goths?!

*** that ***, I'm out!

Add feminism and you have the worst person in the world a feminist hipster goth chick !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:27:36  
They have my favorite Nirvana T shirt but I don't know if I can handle walking into a Hot Topic....

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Guys/Tees/MusicTees/AlternativeRockTees/Nirvana+Smiley+T-Shirt-10246892.jsp
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:28:57  
I can almost guarantee I would be the oldest person in the Hot Topic including the manager...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-10 11:29:20  
What is really sad is I'm pretty sure Nirvana T shirts are sold at Hot Topic. That makes me feel odd.

I thought that Nirvana shirts are sold in trendy shops at all is part of the reason Cobain was so depressed?

Pretty sure they're sold there now because Dave and Krist want paid for having to have something they did in their early 20s overshadow the rest of their lives.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-10 11:30:47  
Uh? All bands and singers sell shirts and hats, I don't understand.
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:31:43  

I thought that Nirvana shirts are sold in trendy shops at all is part of the reason Cobain was so depressed?

Pretty sure they're sold there now because Dave and Krist want paid for having to have something they did in their early 20s overshadow the rest of their lives.

I don't think Kurt would be in favor of Hot Topic. He used to make his own T shirts with magic markers etc.He also shopped at thrift stores all the time. But I don't blame kids that grew up int he 2000/2010 for just now getting into Nirvana. So I have mixed feelings about it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-10 11:32:08  
I never could bring myself to hang out with goth/emo kids, those socially awkward weirdos. I had my own socially awkward weirdos to hang out with before I went home to play online games with other socially awkward weirdos. Hanging out with a different genre of socially awkward weirdos would make me feel like a socially awkward weirdo.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-10 11:33:25  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I never could bring myself to hang out with goth/emo kids, those socially awkward weirdos. I had my own socially awkward weirdos to hang out with before I got home to play online games with other socially awkward weirdos. Hanging out with a different genre of socially awkward weirdos would make me feel like a socially awkward weirdo.

I was in a video game/outcast group. We just didn't all wear T shirts to let people know that ! We looked normally for being outsiders.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 752 753 754 ... 1375 1376 1377