Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 748 749 750 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-08 14:17:02  
Well that was an interesting way to divert the conversation.

Whatever, I'll roll with it. Did anyone else play Soul Calibur II in arcades? It had a great system that allowed you to save your character profile and rank up. You could also fight other players' characters stored on the machine, with their AI designed to mimic how those players actually fought.

I spent so much money on that stupid machine....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 14:19:59  

The greatest cabinet ever, and I will brook no argument.

Feel free to discuss a very-close second place.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-08 14:22:55  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's hard to present evidence to people with their heads in the sand.

Anything yet that isn't speculative nonsense?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 14:23:06  
Quote:
All trading on the New York Stock Exchange is halted Wednesday for unknown internal technical reasons – heaping yet another worry onto investors already rattled by global economic concerns.

Internal technical issues are being blamed for NYSE to shut down trading at 11:32 a.m. ET. The shutdown is also halting trading on the NYSE MKT exchange, a market for small companies. NYSE executive Thomas Farley stated in a TV interview the exchange aims to reopen trading by 3 p.m. ET.

Such outages are extremely rare in U.S. markets – but the halt brings up memories of the August 2013 “Flash Freeze” when trading on the Nasdaq was shut down for hours. The NYSE is saying the problem is due to a problem with NYSE systems – not any sort of external attack. It’s the fourth trading suspension at the NYSE caused by technical problems in the last 15 years.

Traders on the NYSE floor were standing around looking at blank trading terminals where no bids or offers were being exchanged. The shutdown by the NYSE didn’t completely halt stock trading, though. Trading in NYSE-listed stocks was still occurring on 11 other exchanges, including the Nasdaq.

In a statement, the NYSE says: “We’re currently experiencing a technical issue that we’re working to resolve as quickly as possible. We will be providing further updates as soon as we can, and are doing our utmost to produce a swift resolution, communicate thoroughly and transparently, and ensure a timely and orderly market re-open.”

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security did not have an official statement about the computer outages. However, the agency said there was no immediate indication of a coordinated cyberattack. Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Jo White, says in a statement, “We are in contact with NYSE and are closely monitoring the situation and trading in NYSE-listed stocks. While NYSE is working to resolve the situation, NYSE and NYSE MKT stocks continue to trade normally through other trading venues.”

It’s important to note trading in stocks listed on the New York Stock Exchange can continue even when the NYSE is down. Many stocks trade on both the NYSE and the Nasdaq not to mention other dedicated electronic networks. These other venues allow traders to buy and sell NYSE listed stocks – even as the NYSE itself is down. Only about 20% of trading in NYSE listed stocks actually occurs on the New York Stock Exchange, as traders have moved much of their volume to other exchanges.
Technical issues halt all NYSE trading
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 14:23:47  
Hackers destroying 'murrica. News at 11:00.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-08 14:23:50  
Okay, so it's totally cool to do something illegal as long as it targets groups that you don't like? Your argument is all sorts of whack.
There's no proof of illegal activity.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-08 14:24:34  
Ramyrez said: »

TMNT is a very good game. But this, THIS, is the GOAT:

You can disagree if you like, but you're wrong, and you should feel bad about your plebian tastes.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-08 14:24:41  
Have you been to a Chuck-E-Cheese lately? They have Candy Crush as a full-sized arcade game. :/

Never goes out of style!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-08 14:26:48  

Excuse me...

By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 14:32:29  
Drama Torama said: »
TMNT is a very good game. But this, THIS, is the GOAT:

You can disagree if you like, but you're wrong, and you should feel bad about your plebian tastes.

Nope. But a good try.

Jetackuu said: »
Excuse me...

Nooooooope. That one came far too late in the life of arcades to be a consideration.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-08 14:35:45  
Oh ***.

You lost, admit it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 14:37:44  
The two games I remember playing the arcade were TMNT and The Simpsons.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-08 14:43:10  
Jetackuu said: »
Oh ***.

You lost, admit it.

Seriously, there's no shame in losing to Defender or X-Men, both of which were better than TMNT (which was very good, but it wasn't even better than Street Fighter II, in terms of arcade games).
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 14:47:12  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I remember the day the only roller rink by me closed and the next week they turned it into a pool store.

The roller rink near me is now a tire store... that is depressing.
By fonewear 2015-07-08 14:48:02  
Quote:
All trading on the New York Stock Exchange is halted Wednesday for unknown internal technical reasons – heaping yet another worry onto investors already rattled by global economic concerns.

Internal technical issues are being blamed for NYSE to shut down trading at 11:32 a.m. ET. The shutdown is also halting trading on the NYSE MKT exchange, a market for small companies. NYSE executive Thomas Farley stated in a TV interview the exchange aims to reopen trading by 3 p.m. ET.

Such outages are extremely rare in U.S. markets – but the halt brings up memories of the August 2013 “Flash Freeze” when trading on the Nasdaq was shut down for hours. The NYSE is saying the problem is due to a problem with NYSE systems – not any sort of external attack. It’s the fourth trading suspension at the NYSE caused by technical problems in the last 15 years.

Traders on the NYSE floor were standing around looking at blank trading terminals where no bids or offers were being exchanged. The shutdown by the NYSE didn’t completely halt stock trading, though. Trading in NYSE-listed stocks was still occurring on 11 other exchanges, including the Nasdaq.

In a statement, the NYSE says: “We’re currently experiencing a technical issue that we’re working to resolve as quickly as possible. We will be providing further updates as soon as we can, and are doing our utmost to produce a swift resolution, communicate thoroughly and transparently, and ensure a timely and orderly market re-open.”

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security did not have an official statement about the computer outages. However, the agency said there was no immediate indication of a coordinated cyberattack. Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Mary Jo White, says in a statement, “We are in contact with NYSE and are closely monitoring the situation and trading in NYSE-listed stocks. While NYSE is working to resolve the situation, NYSE and NYSE MKT stocks continue to trade normally through other trading venues.”

It’s important to note trading in stocks listed on the New York Stock Exchange can continue even when the NYSE is down. Many stocks trade on both the NYSE and the Nasdaq not to mention other dedicated electronic networks. These other venues allow traders to buy and sell NYSE listed stocks – even as the NYSE itself is down. Only about 20% of trading in NYSE listed stocks actually occurs on the New York Stock Exchange, as traders have moved much of their volume to other exchanges.
Technical issues halt all NYSE trading

This is what happens when you don't upgrade to Windows 10 !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 14:48:07  
Quote:
Gunmen jumped out of two vans and fired at a group of people a few blocks from an urban university campus, killing three and adding to Baltimore's growing list of homicides.

Police said Wednesday that the shooting wasn't random, but no arrests had been made.

The two vans — one burgundy and one white — pulled to the side of a road near the University of Maryland, Baltimore, campus Tuesday night, police said. One gunman got out of each and began firing, campus police said.

Police say they believe the shooting was targeted, and the school — with about 6,000 students and a focus on graduate and professional education — said there's no indication students were involved.

Officers responded about 10:30 p.m. and found three people with gunshot wounds in the residential neighborhood of West Baltimore, Detective Rashawn Strong said. One was pronounced dead at the scene, and two died later at a hospital. A fourth person sought treatment for a gunshot wound to the buttocks and was in stable condition.

With the three deaths and a separate fatal stabbing overnight, Baltimore's homicide total this year is 155, according to police. That's a 48 percent increase compared with the same time last year. Shootings have increased 86 percent. The city has seen a spike in violence since the April death of Freddie Gray after he was injured in police custody. The incident received widespread national attention and sparked unrest across Baltimore.

Tuesday's shooting was the second in the block in a week, according to campus police. On Thursday, a passenger was injured when the rear window of a moving vehicle was shot.
Police: Gunmen from 2 vans fatally shoot 3 in Baltimore

Quote:
While the headlines of late have all been about gay marriage, lethal injection, and the Affordable Care Act, a major strike against women’s health care has been quietly mounting in Washington.

In preparing its budget proposal for the upcoming year, the GOP-led Congress has made moves to fully eliminate Title X, the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related reproductive health services, including contraception.

Ninety percent of the people Title X serves have incomes below 200 percent of the federal poverty level, and 63 percent are uninsured. Six in 10 women who access health care services from a Title X-funded health center consider this their main source of health care.

Funded at $286 million for fiscal year 2015, Title X has already sustained cuts totaling $31 million since fiscal year 2010, significantly reducing the number of patients served by its programs. There were 600,000 fewer individuals served by Title X programs in 2013 versus 2010 as a result of past cuts.
Title X, the Federal Family Planning Program, Is in Danger
By fonewear 2015-07-08 14:48:30  
The two games I remember playing the arcade were TMNT and The Simpsons.

The NES version of TMNT was incredibly annoying !
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-08 14:49:40  

yeah...way to dodge the question Dodgey McDodgesalot!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 14:52:41  
My favorite arcade game is this:

By fonewear 2015-07-08 14:57:26  

Whatever, I'll roll with it. Did anyone else play Soul Calibur II in arcades? It had a great system that allowed you to save your character profile and rank up. You could also fight other players' characters stored on the machine, with their AI designed to mimic how those players actually fought.

I spent so much money on that stupid machine....

I did Soul Calibur 2 was an excellent game. I miss the days of arcades in general. They have some near me but they are more like an Applebee's that just happens to have games.

The days of arcades are still planted firmly in the 90s for the most part.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-07-08 15:18:37  
We have a pretty sweet arcade in the Chicago area called Galloping Ghost. Think its a $15 entry fee, with everything set on free play. Games of all types there. Super Mario Bros, Mappy, Time Traveler, Bucky O'Hare, Contra, Ninja Baseball, Moon Patrol and Rival Schools are just some of the ones I spent my time with. They have more games than there is room for, so they periodically rotate them in and out of storage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-08 16:48:21  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Neither is applicable to state that the CO Department of Public Health and Environment's statistic is proven false.

sure they are... ok you subtract the total percentage by the decline in 2012 12% from 56% you have a 44% drop over twenty years there is no way in hell you could can cook that to come up with 40% in four years.

if you go back and look at the decline graph nationwide had such a miracle occurred wouldn't it stand to reason that the hhs would have noted it?

nationwide
Well, that's part of the fun of percentages. If you look at your Table 1, you can see the total drop from 2009-2013 is slightly over 30%: (26.5-37.9)/37.9

Another bit of fun trivia? A 12% decline year over year, for 4 years, is just a little over a 40% reduction in the 4 year span. (e.g. 100*.6 is approximately equal to 100*.88*.88*.88*.88)
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-08 17:10:04  

Cerberus.Laconic
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-08 21:26:01  
Clinton lying, yet again.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hillary-email-subpoena-released_987095.html
Quote:
Hillary Clinton falsely claimed in an interview that she had not received a subpoena for her emails. But Trey Gowdy, the chair of the House Benghazi committee, released the subpoena he sent the former secretary of state after hearing Clinton not tell the truth:

I'm curious if anyone here actually thinks she is a decent person.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-08 21:34:07  
Oh. btw. While all those arcade games are awesome.

I win.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-08 21:35:28  
How about providing the transcript to the actual interview?
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-07-08 21:41:57  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
How about providing the transcript to the actual interview?

That's not how this works, and you know it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-08 22:27:56  
Mario brothers was epic, but I didn't spend much time in arcades until right around the time of double dragons and contra, which were both great cabinets. Mortal Kombat or street fighter are probably my picks for best, though. I don't remember arcade rivalries existing on that level until those games were popular. People standing around watching, putting a quarter down to play the winner, organized tournaments, etc.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-08 22:34:41  
Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Quote:
Hillary Clinton falsely claimed in an interview that she had not received a subpoena for her emails. But Trey Gowdy, the chair of the House Benghazi committee, released the subpoena he sent the former secretary of state after hearing Clinton not tell the truth:

Even her supporters view her as the lesser of two evils, but I'm curious of the context he's claiming she lied in. It's very possible that the question was in a different timeframe and she took the opportunity to deny it instead of correcting the interviewer. Love her or hate her, you can't deny she's a very clever person.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-08 22:47:05  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Quote:

Even her supporters view her as the lesser of two evils, but I'm curious of the context he's claiming she lied in. It's very possible that the question was in a different timeframe and she took the opportunity to deny it instead of correcting the interviewer. Love her or hate her, you can't deny she's a very clever person.

Lesser of two evils? Look at the people running on her side. She's the greatest of six evils.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 748 749 750 ... 1375 1376 1377