Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 708 709 710 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 14:55:11  
Jetackuu said: »
My views evolve all the time, and Rav you need to go farm me 100M, what are you doing on here?

But I dun wanna >_<
By Jetackuu 2015-06-26 14:55:49  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jetackuu said: »
My views evolve all the time, and Rav you need to go farm me 100M, what are you doing on here?

But I dun wanna >_<

But I have a bunch of crap I have to reforge, and +1 ***gets expensive.
By fonewear 2015-06-26 14:58:15  
What is this a FFXI video game forum...oh ***it is !
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-06-26 15:02:29  
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-26 19:18:55  
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-26 19:53:17  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
/giggle
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-26 20:38:02  

The South shall rise again, apparently. And look fabulous doing it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 20:40:08  

What a week!
By fonewear 2015-06-26 20:48:19  
Nothing gay about two men driving around in a car looking for fun !
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-26 20:50:07  
This should cover offending everyone.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 20:50:31  
fonewear said: »

Look at those two, no way they're related, black hair is a dominant gene. Stars and bars, general lee... I think they were under cover.
By fonewear 2015-06-26 20:50:35  
Ladies and gentlemen the worst Ted video ever:

Too long didn't watch: Stop rape culture before it rapes you !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 20:50:59  
Cerberus.Laconic said: »
This should cover offending everyone.

Put a few dead fetuses on it for good measure.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-26 20:53:37  
I don't find the Nazi symbol offensive but those Jew stars... yea that is too much !
 Asura.Ivlilla
サーバ: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-26 21:16:49  
This is where I go get a drink while whistling John Brown's Body.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-26 23:37:19  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
That made me wonder: what if all what they did was make fun of the patient, without saying anything that would qualify for being "defamation", or tampering with his medical records? Would the plaintiff still have a case, and what will it be?

Because it's still a horrible thing to do.
It would depend on the laws in Virginia. If there is an "emtional distress" law then maybe, but it would depend on how sympathetic the judge and jury were and what was said/done. Since it's a hypothetical that takes most of the bite out of the case, I don't know.

Best bet in that case (in my opinion) would be to report the doctors actions to the hospital, the company the doctor worked for (since she was contracted through a private company), and the medical board in VA for unprofessional actions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-26 23:56:05  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Apple has begun to remove games from the App store that use the Confederate flag, even in the case of war games or simulations that place the flag within the context of the Civil War.

"Nothing was said specifically about the game, apple was nice and courteous as usual," Game-labs' Maxim Zasov told Polygon. "The notification just said that the image of the Confederate flag is against Apple rules and guidelines. To bring back the game we should change the content to fit the guidelines."

The company's game, Ultimate General: Gettysburg was one of the games removed due to the display of the flag.

"We accept Apple's decision and understand that this is a sensitive issue for the American Nation," the company stated. "We wanted our game to be the most accurate, historical, playable reference of the Battle of Gettysburg. All historical commanders, unit composition and weaponry, key geographical locations to the smallest streams or farms are recreated in our game's battlefield."

The developer also compared the use of the flag in their game to other troubling imagery found in films. "Spielberg’s Schindler's List did not try to amend his movie to look more comfortable," the response continued. "The historical Gettysburg movie (1993) is still on iTunes. We believe that all historical art forms: books, movies, or games such as ours, help to learn and understand history, depicting events as they were. True stories are more important to us than money."

It's for that reason they won't be editing the game.

"Therefore we are not going to amend the game's content and Ultimate General: Gettysburg will no longer be available on AppStore. We really hope that Apple’s decision will achieve the desired results. We can’t change history, but we can change the future."
Civil War game maker says it won't remove Confederate flag to meet Apple's rules

So, video games about the freaking Civil War can't have the Confederate flag either? You see, this is when good intentions become stupid.

I'm sure glad we're solving racism once and for all with this flag banning.
This isn't the first time Apple has banned games/apps from their store based on weird criteria.

Maybe like some of these apps below Apple will reevaluate.

A few instances of the "inanny":
Apple rejects Tank Battle 1942 for depicting Germans & Russians as “enemies” (UPDATED)
Ninjawords: iPhone Dictionary, Censored by Apple
Apple rejects game based on Syrian conflict
Apple bans Eucalyptus because one of Project Gutenberg's books is the Kama Sutra

But like it has been stated Apple is private and can run their business how they like. So far, this has worked for them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-27 02:00:49  
Just because a company is successful does not mean that all of its decisions lead to its success. Stupid criteria is stupid criteria whether it has precedence or not. They have the right to do it, sure, but it doesn't mean I can't question their intelligence. Also, we need to discuss this whole necro responding thing you and Milamber are so good at. =P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-27 02:17:26  
I was going to put this in the other thread, but since people are designing new American flags, here's my latest one. Took me a good 20min to make.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-27 02:19:49  
I forgot some other symbols, like a swastika.

Next time.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-27 02:23:18  
Odin.Jassik said: »
fonewear said: »

Look at those two, no way they're related, black hair is a dominant gene.
Not sure if serious, but:

If we simply hair coloring to single-gene dominant/recessive, that's not true (Also, hair color/eye color are determined by multiple genes, but that's a different story and we won't touch that here). The assertion being that dark hair is dominant, light hair is recessive.

If the mother is a brunette (XX), and the father is a blonde (XY), under simple dominant/recessive, the father would have recessive trait on Y (blonde), and the mother would have at least one X chromosome that would be dominant(dark), and the other X chromosome could be either dominant (dark) or recessive (blonde).
In which case, the combination for sons would be either X(blonde)Y(blonde), or X(dark)Y(blonde). Assuming the same parents.

But hair/eye color is judged to be affected by at least two genes (and likely more), so it gets a bit more complicated than that.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-27 02:26:52  
Just because a company is successful does not mean that all of its decisions lead to its success. Stupid criteria is stupid criteria whether it has precedence or not. They have the right to do it, sure, but it doesn't mean I can't question their intelligence.
Sadly, success doesn't necessarily correlate with intelligence.
Also, we need to discuss this whole necro responding thing you and Milamber are so good at. =P
We're six to nine hours ahead of you, plus do have other things to do from time to time. And we like to keep it random. Shush, you!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-28 02:09:29  
Quote:
Feminist activists on Saturday sent a drone from Germany to Poland carrying abortion pills to highlight the staunchly Catholic country's restrictive abortion laws.

The pills are not available in Poland and Jula Gaweda of the feminist organisation Feminoteka said that two Polish women -- who were not pregnant -- swallowed them as part of the "symbolic" stunt organised by Dutch pro-choice campaign group Women on Waves.

"The operation went well," Gaweda told AFP.

"It's a symbolic operation designed to show that just a few kilometres (between the take-off and the landing site) can be a gulf in terms of respect for women's rights, reproductive rights which are human rights," she said, adding that the pills were provided by a Dutch gynaecologist.

Activists launched the drone in the German city of Frankfurt an der Oder, flying it over the river to the bordering Polish town of Slubice.

A dozen anti-abortion protesters gathered at the landing site and gave out plastic foetuses to the pro-choice activists, Gaweda said, adding that several plainclothes police officers attended the event without intervening.

Poland, whose population is 90 percent Catholic, only allows abortion within 12 weeks of pregnancy in cases of rape or incest, or 24 weeks in cases of irreversible foetal malformation or a threat to the mother's life.

After 24 weeks of pregnancy, the procedure is allowed on a case-by-case basis if the mother's life is at risk.

The government did however recently authorise the morning-after pill.

Women on Waves has over the years sent "abortion boats" to countries including Ireland, Portugal and Spain to provide women with free treatment that circumvents strict abortion laws.

The arrival of one of these boats in Poland in 2003 prompted a wave of protests, while ultra-Catholic newspaper Nasz Dziennik branded the drone delivery a "drone of death" ahead of its landing.
'Feminist drone' delivers abortion pills to Poland
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-28 02:25:13  
Isn't the phrase "feminist drone" redundant?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-28 09:37:02  
Isn't the phrase "feminist drone" redundant?
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Just because a company is successful does not mean that all of its decisions lead to its success. Stupid criteria is stupid criteria whether it has precedence or not. They have the right to do it, sure, but it doesn't mean I can't question their intelligence.
Sadly, success doesn't necessarily correlate with intelligence.
Also, we need to discuss this whole necro responding thing you and Milamber are so good at. =P
We're six to nine hours ahead of you, plus do have other things to do from time to time. And we like to keep it random. Shush, you!

Case in point Obama ! And soon Hillary.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-28 09:39:41  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Feminist activists on Saturday sent a drone from Germany to Poland carrying abortion pills to highlight the staunchly Catholic country's restrictive abortion laws.

The pills are not available in Poland and Jula Gaweda of the feminist organisation Feminoteka said that two Polish women -- who were not pregnant -- swallowed them as part of the "symbolic" stunt organised by Dutch pro-choice campaign group Women on Waves.

"The operation went well," Gaweda told AFP.

"It's a symbolic operation designed to show that just a few kilometres (between the take-off and the landing site) can be a gulf in terms of respect for women's rights, reproductive rights which are human rights," she said, adding that the pills were provided by a Dutch gynaecologist.

Activists launched the drone in the German city of Frankfurt an der Oder, flying it over the river to the bordering Polish town of Slubice.

A dozen anti-abortion protesters gathered at the landing site and gave out plastic foetuses to the pro-choice activists, Gaweda said, adding that several plainclothes police officers attended the event without intervening.

Poland, whose population is 90 percent Catholic, only allows abortion within 12 weeks of pregnancy in cases of rape or incest, or 24 weeks in cases of irreversible foetal malformation or a threat to the mother's life.

After 24 weeks of pregnancy, the procedure is allowed on a case-by-case basis if the mother's life is at risk.

The government did however recently authorise the morning-after pill.

Women on Waves has over the years sent "abortion boats" to countries including Ireland, Portugal and Spain to provide women with free treatment that circumvents strict abortion laws.

The arrival of one of these boats in Poland in 2003 prompted a wave of protests, while ultra-Catholic newspaper Nasz Dziennik branded the drone delivery a "drone of death" ahead of its landing.
'Feminist drone' delivers abortion pills to Poland

Movie over Disney cruises we have new exciting vacation for feminists ! Sail the seas in the Caribbean and abort that baby !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-28 10:32:28  
What I don't get is this:
Quote:
allows abortion within 12 weeks of pregnancy in cases of rape or incest, or 24 weeks in cases of irreversible foetal malformation or a threat to the mother's life
is somehow not good enough.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-28 11:03:12  
Quote:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Three UFOs apparently fleeing Earth were caught on a live transmission from one of NASA’s International Space Station cameras. The video of the UFO incident was published this week and while UFO enthusiasts feel confirmed in their suspicion that the U.S. government and NASA is hiding the truth about alien presence on Earth, others, especially scientists, are saying that the appearance of the three unidentified flying objects near NASA’s International Space Station is nothing but satellites or space junk.

As reported by the Sunday Express on June 27, NASA’s International Space Station live video transmission of the reportedly three UFOs leaving Earth’s atmosphere was cut before the UFO sighting could be further examined by scientists or anyone else.

“The lights leave our planet seconds before the live video feed is cut by NASA due to a reported ‘loss of signal’,” writes the Sunday Express.
UFOs fleeing Earth caught by International Space Station NASA camera
By fonewear 2015-06-28 11:05:59  
It's a government conspiracy to get people to watch Major League Baseball !
By fonewear 2015-06-28 11:14:03  
Our friends at the Offical FFXI forums dipped into P and R discussion for a bit!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47448-The-Game-Is-Ending...-Can-I-get-this-please

The Game Is Ending... Can I get this please?

With the game finally coming to an end, and this already being out in a newer Final Fantasy,
can we please get same-gender marriage?

I'm not going to go all crazy like people on the FFXIV boards, but it shouldn't take too much tweaking and I'd really appreciate it---I'm sure a whole lot of other gamers would too... I've played this game for years and I'd like to finally be able to marry someone of the same-gender on here. Silly, I know, but it'd mean a lot for my favorite game to at least have this before it truly stops getting updates and just minor bug fixes/patches.

Thank you so much,
- Beloved FFXI fan.
First Page 2 3 ... 708 709 710 ... 1375 1376 1377