Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 671 672 673 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 09:54:35  
Just saying some of those Obamaphone recipients are the veterans being worshipped as heros...as long as they're actively serving.

Afterward, they're just leeches on society's ***, apparently.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-17 09:58:53  
Ramyrez said: »
Just saying some of those Obamaphone recipients are the veterans being worshipped as heros...as long as they're actively serving.

Afterward, they're just leeches on society's ***, apparently.
Oh the Reagan phones, lulz.
サーバ: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-17 10:02:54  
No matter what war they served in, no matter how long it was, no matter if they are still serving or not, no matter what their psychological profile or damage is. They have more balls than anyone around for putting themselves in harm's way willingly to ensure others didn't have to.

My neighbor Benjamin Fetty was a marine a long time ago, I go check up on him every three days and bring him lunch. I think veterans deserve to be treated like kings and queens due to the sacrifice and pain they went through.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-17 10:03:26  
Afterwards they die waiting in line for medical care from the V.A.hospital

separate issue remo strawman
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 10:06:14  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

We were discussing welfare. I'm talking about veterans on welfare. They're related!

Whatever. Doesn't really matter anyway.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-17 10:09:19  

We were discussing welfare. I'm talking about veterans on welfare. They're related!

Whatever. Doesn't really matter anyway.

well we were discussing chanti's "STATE WELFARE QUEENS" post...way to wander aimlessly off the subject captain no point at all.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 10:14:02  
captain no point at all.

Well at least you've acknowledged my rank.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-17 10:40:01  
Odin.Jassik said: »
they haven't been protecting our freedom in many years.

Your lack of understanding or recognition of the sacrifices they have made and continue to make every day to protect your right to make such an idiotic statement sickens me you have my pity, good day.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-17 10:50:14  
Speaking of no point !

Republican war on women back in the swing of things:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/contraception-gop-war-on-women-counteroffensive-gardner-ayotte-119088.html?hp=t3_r

Republicans believe they’ve found one way to begin to blunt incessant attacks that they’re anti-women: increase access to over-the-counter birth control.

Democrats call the proposal by several GOP senators a political ploy by a party that’s more interested in fighting reproductive rights and Obamacare.

But the effort, led by by Sens. Cory Gardner of Colorado and Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, could reverberate in the 2016 elections. Republicans are looking to mitigate the hefty advantage in polls that Democrats have had, particularly among young, unmarried women, an important voting bloc in the presidential contest and battleground Senate races.

Gardner made the birth control proposal a centerpiece of his pitch to female voters during his campaign for Senate last year.

“I think Republicans can be on defense, particularly when it comes to the attacks that Democrats throw through the ‘war on women,’” the first-term senator said in an interview, adding that his bill offers Republicans a way to show “how we can actually move forward.”

The GOP bill would provide drugmakers with financial incentives, as well as speedier regulatory approval, to pursue the Food and Drug Administration’s blessing to sell their contraceptive pills over the counter. It would also repeal Obamacare’s ban on using health savings accounts to purchase over-the-counter drugs. Women would then be able to purchase birth control pills without a prescription with money from those accounts.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 10:52:59  
they haven't been protecting our freedom in many years.

Your lack of understanding or recognition of the sacrifices they have made and continue to make every day to protect your right to make such an idiotic statement sickens me you have my pity, good day.

I assume you're being sarcastic, but people do think that way, and there is nothing patriotic about defaming people with the balls to question why we're sending our young people to die for imperialistic or worse reasons.
By fonewear 2015-06-17 10:55:15  
in the liberal mind. people risking their lives to protect our freedom are in the same category as people receiving welfare for doing absolutely nothing.

Not to reduce the sacrifice that our servicemen have made, but they haven't been protecting our freedom in many years, basically since WWII. At least, not in a direct capacity other than the tactical missions to take out people who presented a real threat to American citizens.

I think that actually makes it worse that they're treated so poorly when their service is over.

What about your freedom to make blanket statements about veterans on the interwebs ?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-17 10:55:45  
why we're sending our young people to die for imperialistic or worse reasons.

a new crop graduates every may. they're a shiftless bunch of losers, too. what do you suggest we do with them?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 10:56:55  
fonewear said: »
The GOP bill would provide drugmakers with financial incentives, as well as speedier regulatory approval, to pursue the Food and Drug Administration’s blessing to sell their contraceptive pills over the counter.

"We're going to give our friends in the pharmaceutical industry government money/credits and give them a free pass on testing and review, and then go ahead and call it a boon to women."
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-17 10:59:55  
Siren.Mosin said: »
why we're sending our young people to die for imperialistic or worse reasons.

a new crop graduates every may. they're a shiftless bunch of losers, too. what do you suggest we do with them?

Join ISIS they are always recruiting !
 Cerberus.Laconic
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 11:01:56  
Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Even if they are experimenting at this age, it says atypical sexual behaviors are normal

This person is 1) closed minded and 2) making an awful big assumption that only their sexual behaviors are the "normal" or "appropriate" ones.

Seriously. *** off. 13 year olds do need this education. Treating sexual topics as taboo or "off limits" just makes kids go out and ask Google about everything anyhow. Better they get the education from actual educators or -- holy ***! -- their parents* than the sex industry.

And apparently we need to go back and retroactively give it to a bunch of 30-60 year olds, too.

*But their parents are too ashamed and embarassed about their sexuality, so they couldn't possibly have an open and free discussion about it with their kids.

So in your opinion 13 year olds need to be having conversations in class about legalizing prostitution, bondage, multiple partners, and how well the adult film industry practices safe sex.

You are the reason parents don't want anything taught in school at all, period.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Apparently you don't know what tantrum means, or maybe just don't know how to apply it in a sentence.

Rest of the post is the usual garbage. Parents that think their 13 year old would never think about sex? Yeah, shocking. Too bad they're wrong and their kids are often not as innocent as they think.

Please show me where it says that I implore you.
By fonewear 2015-06-17 11:02:37  
Even if they are experimenting at this age, it says atypical sexual behaviors are normal

This person is 1) closed minded and 2) making an awful big assumption that only their sexual behaviors are the "normal" or "appropriate" ones.

Seriously. *** off. 13 year olds do need this education. Treating sexual topics as taboo or "off limits" just makes kids go out and ask Google about everything anyhow. Better they get the education from actual educators or -- holy ***! -- their parents* than the sex industry.

And apparently we need to go back and retroactively give it to a bunch of 30-60 year olds, too.

*But their parents are too ashamed and embarassed about their sexuality, so they couldn't possibly have an open and free discussion about it with their kids.

So in your opinion 13 year olds need to be having conversations in class about legalizing prostitution, bondage, multiple partners, and how well the adult film industry practices safe sex.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Apparently you don't know what tantrum means, or maybe just don't know how to apply it in a sentence.

Rest of the post is the usual garbage. Parents that think their 13 year old would never think about sex? Yeah, shocking. Too bad they're wrong and their kids are often not as innocent as they think.

Please show me where it says that I implore you.

How can you not be into bondage at 13 is the question ?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 11:04:48  
in the liberal mind. people risking their lives to protect our freedom are in the same category as people receiving welfare for doing absolutely nothing.

Not to reduce the sacrifice that our servicemen have made, but they haven't been protecting our freedom in many years, basically since WWII. At least, not in a direct capacity other than the tactical missions to take out people who presented a real threat to American citizens.

I think that actually makes it worse that they're treated so poorly when their service is over.

What about your freedom to make blanket statements about veterans on the interwebs ?

And what part of Saddam ruling Iraq would preclude me from that right? Military is for defense, not policing the world.
By fonewear 2015-06-17 11:05:22  

And what part of Saddam ruling Iraq would preclude me from that right? Military is for defense, not policing the world.

You didn't watch Team America World police ? If we didn't stop Saddam he would be leading a giant militant group in Syria...oh wait !
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 11:08:22  

Round 583
Fight!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 11:10:08  

Round 583
Fight!

It's a reasonable question I've never heard answered.
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-06-17 11:10:56  
In Germany I received sex education at 5th grade (Age: 10-11) and 7th Grade, worked for us.
Latest numbers on this issue are from 2006 and are looking quite good.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 11:11:34  

I think you're not giving 13-year-olds enough credit for what they do and don't pick up from today's culture.

In a day and age where you can see a commercial for the 50 Shades of Grey movie during a sporting event (that 13 year olds are definitely watching), then you're talking about something you should discuss with them and be clear, honest, and up front about, otherwise you're laying the groundwork for a lifetime of misconceptions about sex, sexuality, love, and relating to the opposite sex.

Yeah, I know. Authority figures frequently fear their subjects knowing more than they want them to. It works that way from tinpot dictators all the way down to schoolyard bullies. Bad parents generally fall pretty close to the latter.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-17 11:15:27  
Military is for defense, not policing the world.
Many would disagree.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 11:19:54  
I think you're not giving 13-year-olds enough credit for what they do and don't pick up from today's culture.

In a day and age where you can see a commercial for the 50 Shades of Grey movie during a sporting event (that 13 year olds are definitely watching), then you're talking about something you should discuss with them and be clear, honest, and up front about, otherwise you're laying the groundwork for a lifetime of misconceptions about sex, sexuality, love, and relating to the opposite sex.

You avoided the should be taught in class part. I never said parents should not talk to them about it. I know you sometimes have problems with the whole freedom of choice thing but come on.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 11:28:18  
Jetackuu said: »
Many would disagree.

And they're welcome to. But, they need to stop calling the bloated wasteful money pit "Defense".
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 11:28:36  

You avoided the should be taught in class part. I never said parents should not talk to them about it. I know you sometimes have problems with the whole freedom of choice thing but come on.

Yeah, no. This isn't a "basic freedoms" thing, unless you want to argue that we shouldn't compel parents to send their kids to school at all. Because many hillbillies think "that there book lurnin' never did 'em no good".

But these are basic facts about sex and sexuality, and they belong in school being taught as such by teachers trained to do so. It's for their own safety and quality of life as well as, at least potentially, a public health issue.

If parents want to pull kids aside and whisper sweet religious dogmatic nothings into their ear after school, that's their choice.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 11:30:24  
If parents want to pull kids aside and whisper sweet religious dogmatic nothings into their ear after school, that's their choice.

Religious idealism accounts for some of that, but it's far from the only misinformation about sex that is disseminated through our youth. A lot of common misconceptions are completely secular, and completely moronic.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-17 11:30:50  
Jetackuu said: »
Many would disagree.

And they're welcome to. But, they need to stop calling the bloated wasteful money pit "Defense".

Many would disagree with that too.

I mean after all, isolationism worked out so well in the past...

However I understand, and see your point.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 11:31:17  

Religious idealism accounts for some of that, but it's far from the only misinformation about sex that is disseminated through our youth. A lot of common misconceptions are completely secular, and completely moronic.

Yeah, it was just an example.

The amount of misinformation out there about sex is just...staggering.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-17 11:34:51  

Yeah, it was just an example.

The amount of misinformation out there about sex is just...staggering.

That's what happens when you make something as central to live as sex a taboo. People don't stop talking about it, they just get more dumb about it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 671 672 673 ... 1375 1376 1377