Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 634 635 636 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-07 09:39:55  
If you don't know what words mean, it's not my problem.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-07 09:39:56  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I was warned to not attack that poster, not that I can never reply to his posts again.

What part of that the other person hate you so much that even reading your quoting his post is enough to make him feel offended you didnt get?

If its exagerated, thats another situation. What i can agree is that he has the right to hate you and be offended by even minimal and harmless (in your opinion, not his) actions.

So, there was a conflict, moderators need to exercise moderation and they come up with an agreement that neither part should mess with the other, and no further action should be taken. But you took the initiative and made an action that was seen as an offense and had to be banned.

Using as an excuse that "he couldnt take the hate of a simple observation" isnt acceptable also because his opinions are being neglected, and there is no discussion without proper respect.

I sugest you (and the other part) to just ignore the other. Its not that hard as there are countless posts done everyday here, you can enjoy without resorting to a person that cant stand you.

After this incident, a line was drawn of what can be considered an offense or not in yours relationship. So, its time to play smart to avoid future troubles/drama/etc.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-07 09:47:25  
Pantafernando said: »
I was warned to not attack that poster, not that I can never reply to his posts again.

What part of that the other person hate you so much that even reading your quoting his post is enough to make him feel offended you didnt get?

If its exagerated, thats another situation. What i can agree is that he has the right to hate you and be offended by even minimal and harmless (in your opinion, not his) actions.

So, there was a conflict, moderators need to exercise moderation and they come up with an agreement that neither part should mess with the other, and no further action should be taken. But you took the initiative and made an action that was seen as an offense and had to be banned.

Using as an excuse that "he couldnt take the hate of a simple observation" isnt acceptable also because his opinions are being neglected, and there is no discussion without proper respect.

I sugest you (and the other part) to just ignore the other. Its not that hard as there are countless posts done everyday here, you can enjoy without resorting to a person that cant stand you.

After this incident, a line was drawn of what can be considered an offense or not in yours relationship. So, its time to play smart to avoid future troubles/drama/etc.
I don't see why I should never respond to him, I was told to not attack him. So, I didn't.

I can dislike a person and still have a reasonable conversation with him. Pleebo is the perfect example of that very concept.

What I don't get it how I did not break the rules nor my agreement with the mods and still get banned for 3 days. Are the mods going to admit the double standard that has been plaguing this website for years now, mainly by the one mod who's now in control of this website?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-07 09:53:41  
Attacks everywhere!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-06-07 09:58:38  
Are the mods going to admit the double standard that has been plaguing this website for years now, mainly by the one mod who's now in control of this website?
Why do you care?

The traffic on this site is barely a trickle. You've been at loggerheads with a considerable proportion of people here (which I'll bet is at the heart of why you were temporarily banned), so you're not hanging around for the sense of community. You can't be hanging around for the discussion because your predictable and automatic response to anything you even slightly disagree with is to become dismissive and more than a little histrionic.

If this place that has, what, maybe 50 contributors left (and fewer still who are particularly active), has become so hostile to you, why do you stick around? The revolution won't be started here.
[+]
サーバ: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Yomi Kaenbu 2015-06-07 10:01:05  
Make it 49, I think I'm about done here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-07 10:03:43  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Are the mods going to admit the double standard that has been plaguing this website for years now, mainly by the one mod who's now in control of this website?
Why do you care?

The traffic on this site is barely a trickle. You've been at loggerheads with a considerable proportion of people here (which I'll bet is at the heart of why you were temporarily banned), so you're not hanging around for the sense of community. You can't be hanging around for the discussion because your predictable and automatic response to anything you even slightly disagree with is to become dismissive and more than a little histrionic.

If this place that has, what, maybe 50 contributors left (and fewer still who are particularly active), has become so hostile to you, why do you stick around? The revolution won't be started here.

Same could be said of you. Except for the bans. Hence, the double standard.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-07 10:06:45  
I don't see why I should never respond to him, I was told to not attack him. So, I didn't.

So, he has no right to feel attacked by simple being quoted/responded? Feeling attacked is a prerrogative of the one receiving the action, not the one who did the action.

In a normal situation, i would agree with you, but your rights were changed after the agreement you did with mods, and that changes everything. I think the mods would be wrong if they had to judge by themselves if one person is being atracked or no.

Your banning was over with just 3 days, whats imo its very reasonable as a warning of whats expected you to do. Just dont reply him, and everything should be fine. If you want to still keep a conversation with him, you should first start a private to solve those personal problems, instead playing innocent by acting as if there isnt anything wrong between you 2, whats obviously false, there are a lot of things wrongs, it can not even be called naivety thinking any action wont be considered offense.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-07 10:32:49  
Annnnd this is why I said the transparency policy requires its own thread of doom :v
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-07 10:36:15  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Can you be specific on what warranted the ban here?

He was told to leave him alone and stop tying to get Jet to respond to him. He did not follow. Therefore, intentional ignoring a Mods agreement made with him.
Now that I have a chance to respond, let's go over this with everyone.

I got banned for replying to a specific poster (I can't even say his name without him claiming "harassment"). Plain and simple. Hell, even the quoted post above signified that.

Edit: Apparently it's against the forum rules to post PMs between Aelius and myself regarding this matter. Either way, I was warned to not attack that poster, not that I can never reply to his posts again.

Because, according to Aelius, replying to somebody in hopes they respond is a bannable offence. There was no harassment in that post, it was a post that required a response, either positive or negative (depending on the poster in question, but that's their choice, not mine), and that's what everyone here does!

Also, Aelius already broke the rules of this thread:

Anna Ruthven said: »

Rules and Guidelines

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen; if you prove you can't handle the criticism you bring upon yourself in this thread, you may be removed from it. You are responsible for what you post.

Until these rules change, what I did is not a bannable offence. I did not call the poster in question out on anything, I responded to his idea and countered it with my own, and hoped to get a reasonable response from him, which obviously I did not, because he couldn't take the heat from a simple observation.

It does not matter what our "history" was. You cannot point to any sentence in that post and claim "harassment" on it. So, banning for banning's sake was the only option. Problem is, Terra upheld the ban, and Rooks did nothing to state the obvious. I guess Nepotism is working as intended on this forum.

So, until we get some actual moderators instead of a child and his two puppets like we currently have, this forum will continue deteriorating down to kindergarten-type discussions.

Also, this post does not deserve a Node 254 either. If you put one on this post, it strengthens my argument that much further.

And if these moderators really wish to have more transparency on this forum, they need to outright tell the truth instead of trying to find a way to twist an action into something that it wasn't. If harassment was done in that post, I challenge them to prove it.
I think you're forgetting that a rule that a mod makes becomes void when said mod is no longer in power.

Kinda like an executive order.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-07 10:39:16  
right to feel attacked by simple being quoted/responded? Feeling attacked is a prerrogative of the one receiving the action, not the one who did the action.
What about not responding to anyone at all?

If someone feels 'attacked' when you have no direct reply or conversation with them, does that count?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-07 10:39:36  
re: Transparency

What I can guarantee you is this; when I do something, unless there is a hard requirement for discretion (not sure what would qualify, but something involving personal info seems like a candidate), you will know about it. I sign my edits, and if asked, I'll tell you what I did and when I did it. If I ban or suspend someone, the relevant post will reflect why. The idea for a long running thread is still being bandied about, but even without it, if I take action, I will leave a record behind explaining what, why, and to who.

If you see me falling down on this, please point it out to me. I'm human too, and make mistakes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-07 10:41:03  
I'm starting to like this guy Rooks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-06-07 10:44:13  
So, he has no right to feel attacked by simple being quoted/responded? Feeling attacked is a prerrogative of the one receiving the action, not the one who did the action.
Feeling attacked is incredibly subjective, which is why it's a poor criteria for banning. There are people who 'feel attacked' because a certain topic is brought up. Surely they aren't going to ban topics. If someone can't handle the thought of a dissenting opinion, the logical conclusion is that they should leave.. not expect the entire forum to bend around them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-07 10:45:32  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If someone can't handle the thought of a dissenting opinion, the logical conclusion is that they should leave.. not expect the entire forum to bend around them.
The winner of today.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-07 10:55:14  
Feeling attacked is incredibly subjective, which is why it's a poor criteria for banning. There are people who 'feel attacked' because a certain topic is brought up. Surely they aren't going to ban topics. If someone can't handle the thought of a dissenting opinion, the logical conclusion is that they should leave.. not expect the entire forum to bend around them.

When virtually everyone you interact with feels attacked, it's a pretty good criteria.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-07 10:56:02  
And now some real politics:

Quote:
A massive march took place in the streets of Kiev to protest against the policies of the current Ukrainian government, calling for its resignation and economic reforms.

According to TASS news agency, up to 3,000 people took to the streets in Kiev on Saturday to protest against lack of reform and economic instability.

The people carried placards reading “We are hungry,” “Raise pensions” as well as some anti-LGBT slogans as they marched along Khreshchatyk Street to Independence square (Maidan Nezalezhnosty) in central Kiev.
'Impeach Poroshenko!' Massive anti-govt rally held in central Kiev
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-07 11:00:00  
Odin.Jassik said: »

When virtually everyone you interact with feels attacked, it's a pretty good criteria.
Coming from someone who publicly stated that I should be tried for treason for exercising my rights as holding an American passport in the event I voted for a candidate that you disagree with, your argument hold very little weight.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-07 11:03:09  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Coming from someone who publicly stated that I should be tried for treason for exercising my rights as holding an American passport in the event I voted for a candidate that you disagree with, your argument hold very little weight.

Please please please find the post where I said anything remotely close to that.
By fonewear 2015-06-07 11:04:27  
What about if someone hurts your feels cause if I had feels I'd be hurt all the time !
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-07 11:05:16  
fonewear said: »
What about if someone hurts your feels cause if I had feels I'd be hurt all the time !
I thought Men in general hurt your feels?
By fonewear 2015-06-07 11:05:39  
Jetackuu said: »
What about if someone hurts your [i]feels[/i] cause if I had feels I'd be hurt all the time !
I thought Men in general hurt your feels?

As a feminist yes. Everything is offensive to me !
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-07 11:06:46  
I think you're forgetting that a rule that a mod makes becomes void when said mod is no longer in power.
The updated forum rules were what I based them off of so unless they want to alter the forum rules a bit, which is possible, their validity wasn't exactly voided when I was demodded.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-07 11:08:32  
The updated forum rules were what I based them off of so unless they want to alter the forum rules a bit, which is possible, their validity wasn't exactly voided when I was demodded.

Wait a minute you were a mod ?
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-07 11:09:56  

Wait a minute you were a mod ?
Yeah, thanks Obama.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-07 11:20:46  

Please please please find the post where I said anything remotely close to that.
Haha, you're funny.

If I cared and had the time I would.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-07 11:37:56  
If I cared is the title of my unreleased biography !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-07 11:39:12  
And here is the Simpsons reference:

Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-06-07 11:39:16  
Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Same could be said of you. Except for the bans. Hence, the double standard.
Oh, hi, again, Altima. You don't grasp the concept of being repeatedly permanently banned, do you?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-07 11:41:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Annnnd this is why I said the transparency policy requires its own thread of doom :v

Didn't Obama say he wanted to be transparent too ? How did that work out...
First Page 2 3 ... 634 635 636 ... 1375 1376 1377