Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 259 260 261 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-10 17:25:20  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
And this goes for anyone that wants to change anything not just you.

Why should the rest of everybody have to change? What if we all like being wrong?
What about public restrooms?
Wrong thread?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 17:28:39  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Why should the rest of everybody have to change? What if we all like being wrong?
Wrong thread?
Negative.

If that's his general thoughts for anyone who wants change...

But if that thread didn't exist I wouldn't have thought of it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 17:33:08  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Verda said: »
as funny as that is, they don't do it for our benefit, they do it for their own.
That was the point. If they're going to do whatever they want, they may as well entertain our trivial whims while they're at it. I mean, it keeps getting them elected to spout ***, so just let's have them spout *** in-character.

Don't even pretend you can't see someone winning by a landslide if they cosplayed as Slave Leia or Lion-O for an entire campaign.

Alternatively, just have them dress up at early 20th century robber-barons. Then they're being honest and olde-timey. A few steampunk elements will entice the kids.

If Hillary does Slave Leia, I'm never following politics ever again.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 17:53:10  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Wrong thread?
Negative.

If that's his general thoughts for anyone who wants change...

But if that thread didn't exist I wouldn't have thought of it.

Threads exists therefore restrooms !
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-10 18:02:36  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If Hillary does Slave Leia, I'm never following politics ever again.
Terminal priapism... yeah, I sympathize.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 18:05:14  
Hillary will be playing Jabba the Hut. Bill Clinton will be playing Slave Leia.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-10 18:09:40  
Bloodrose said: »
Hillary will be playing Jabba the Hut. Bill Clinton will be playing Slave Leia.
She's got the wrinkles to do so.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 18:26:50  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 19:33:55  
Quote:
Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor of "NBC Nightly News," was suspended for six months following his misrepresentation of accounts of some news events, NBC said Tuesday night.

"We have decided today to suspend Brian Williams as managing editor and anchor of NBC Nightly News for six months," NBC News president Deborah Turness said in a statement. "The suspension will be without pay and is effective immediately. We let Brian know of our decision earlier today. Lester Holt will continue to substitute anchor the NBC Nightly News."

NBC chief executive Steve Burke said Tuesday that Williams' actions were inexcusable and jeopardized the trust he has built up with viewers during his decade as the network's lead anchor. But he said Williams deserved a second chance.
NBC suspends Brian Williams for 6 months

And good thing I went to one last taping before I left.

Quote:
It's the end of an era: Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show.

The AV Club is reporting that Stewart told the audience at today's taping that he's stepping down from the Comedy Central news show he's hosted since 1999. He'll exit the show sometime later this year; no word yet on who might replace him. (Perhaps Stewart himself will deliver the news on tonight's broadcast.)
Jon Stewart Leaving 'The Daily Show'
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-10 20:13:30  
Found some debate questions and wanted to give my opinion on them to share.

Quote:
1) Can you describe legislation which you think would be good for the country if only it could be legally enacted, but which is unconstitutional?

No legislation that i would think of would be unconstitutional as it is my duty to uphold and defend it. As any idea of legislation that came before me, i would check if it fell in line with our nations constitution. If it does i would sign it into law. If it does not i would veto it. Legislation i would like to see and could introduce to congress would be to repeal the federal reserve act to abolish centralized banking and repeal the income tax act both of which came about in the same year of 1913. Both of which i will sign into law to free our nation from in the same day within my first term.

Quote:
2) What lessons do you, as current (or potential) commander-in-chief, take from America's war in Iraq? If you think the war was a mistake, how will you conduct our foreign policy to avoid a repeat of that experience? If you still stand by American intervention, why was it a good idea?

I was against the war but not against our armed forces. I do not think it is in our best interest as a nation to continue our imperialistic policing of the world. I do however believe we have a right to defend our nation and it citizens from economic and militaristic or terrorist threats near or within our borders not three thousand miles away. I firmly believe that George Washington was ignored when he said " Do not meddle in foreign affairs". We have become what our fore fathers and countrymen fought to free ourselves from. We are despised rightfully so. Do not take my view of lessening Americas military presence in 130 bases as a sign of weakness.

Quote:
3) Is it realistic to think that we can kill all of the "terrorists"? If so, how do you plan on doing so? If not, what is your plan?

I do not think it is realistic to kill all terrorist. My plan would be to strengthen our nations borders and coasts and limit laws that hinder our citizens from protecting themselves. If any known threat would come to my knowledge via FBI or CIA i would act on it.

Quote:
4)Does the U.S. government owe each person a house, a meal, a college degree and the healthcare they require?

In regards to houses i find it unacceptable we have more abandoned houses then we have homeless and a lot of the homeless are victims of banks foreclosing on them do to liars loans. I would push for legislation to make it illegal for banks to own homes and acquire all Mortgages to be handed to Government to be forgiven to give our homes back to our citizens and those who were affected from foreclosure.

In regards to a meal, believe we have too many laws restricting our citizens from providing there own meals. I do not believe you need a liscense to learn how to fish and hunt. It is Natural law that every human has a right to eat to survive, i also believe in food banks for those who need that is charitable for the less fortunate.

In regards to a collage degree i believe to strengthen America and to once again be the beacon of innovation. I would seek Legislation that would make all Education free to all American Citizens who wish to better themselves and the nation as a whole regardless of the institution they choose. I find it extremely unacceptable that as a major nation we do not provide that. There should be no price tag for the future of a nation.

In regards to healthcare I believe every American Citizen deserves the best our nation has to offer for no charge there should be no price tag for the health of a nation. By reforming our tax code to include healthcare and education we could fund both.

Quote:
5)What would you consider to be the flaws of your political ideology?

History will have to let you know on whether i had 4 years and America did not like it. Or 8 years and America would want to continue in the right direction i provided for them. Thank you for your time god bless and never lose sight of A Better America.

rp&r page 213 Let Freedom Reign
rp&r page 216 The Law That Never Was the 16th amendment.
rp&r page 223 The Constitutional Republic known as the USA.
rp&r page 239 Taxation without representation.
rp&r page 248 Keeping Government Honest with Handcuffs ( made in the US of course.)
rp&r page 260 Honest Debate questions
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-10 20:23:30  
Jon Stewart leaving the Daily Show? Where now will liberals get all of their ideas?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 20:26:26  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Jon Stewart leaving the Daily Show? Where now will liberals get all of their ideas?

The View? /shudder
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 20:27:42  
The very place no conservative has ever gotten their ideas from - multiple cross-checked sources for accuracy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 20:28:47  
Verda said: »

This one obviously much more over the top and opinionated:

Not bad.

I'm always a fan of this one though:
By fonewear 2015-02-10 20:29:35  

The View? /shudder

Huff Post ?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 20:41:33  
There is about 30 articles a day about the Messiah Obama.

Once Hillary is President they will be borderline hysterical in their love affair.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 20:49:57  
The very place no conservative has ever gotten their ideas from - multiple cross-checked sources for accuracy.

I didn't realize it was just Jon Stewart preventing liberals from doing that for the past 16 years, but I guess it's better late than never.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 20:51:40  
Russia To Help Iran Attack Saudi Arabia If U.S. Arms Ukraine [REPORT]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 20:53:29  
It's sad that more conservatives believed that Stephen Colbert was a serious newscaster despite being a TV personality, and often took his word, however much it dripped with sarcasm and disdain, as the gospel truth.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 20:54:55  
I stopped watching Colbert and Stewart just cause it got old to me.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-10 20:55:29  
Check this interview out man you can tell how tame media has become.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 20:57:36  
Quote:
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas arrived in Stockholm as the Nordic state readied to open the first Palestinian embassy in Western Europe Tuesday evening.

Abbas, who is visiting Sweden for the first time since it became the first European country to recognize Palestine in October, called on other countries to follow Stockholm’s lead, and said unilateral statehood efforts for serve peace talks, not replace them.

Abbas said the Palestinian leadership was “looking forward” to resuming peace negotiations with Israel, according to Palestinian news agency WAFA.

“We are extending our hands to a just peace based on the international legitimacy resolutions,” he said during a press conference together with Sweden’s Prime Minister, Stefan Lofven.

Lovfen said with statehood, the Palestinians would now be held to different standards.

“According to our view, Palestine is from now on a state. Therefore our expectations from Palestine and its leaders are going to grow,” Löfven said.

Löfven announced Krona 1.5 billion ($180 million) in increased aid to the Palestinians, to be given in installments until 2019 and which will be dedicated to fighting corruption, advancing human rights and gender equality.
Palestinians to open embassy in Sweden as Abbas visits
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 20:58:39  
It's sad that more conservatives believed that Stephen Colbert was a serious newscaster despite being a TV personality, and often took his word, however much it dripped with sarcasm and disdain, as the gospel truth.
I've never heard of that.

Conservatives usually group Colbert & Stewart together.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 21:01:35  
Colbert was the counterspin to the Daily Show, which is why they worked so well to bring together and mock the news so much.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:02:02  
Huff Post should have a news show on TV I'd watch !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 21:02:56  

And liberals actually believed that Obama would be a good president. People in general often get fooled by projecting on someone what they want them to be to be instead of seeing what they really are.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 21:03:19  
fonewear said: »
MSNBC not good enough for you?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 21:04:19  

And liberals actually believed that Obama would be a good president. People in general often get fooled by projecting on someone what they want them to be to be instead of seeing what they really are.
This is true, but based on previous modern presidents, could you really blame them for picking the lesser of two bad candidates (at the time of the elections?)
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:05:16  
fonewear said: »
MSNBC not good enough for you?

Nah they don't push the feminist agenda as hard as Huff Post.

I need a hardcore feminist woman to well keep me from liking women !
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-10 21:07:29  
Another 16 days and we get to see how the FCC votes on the new rules. I wonder how that is going to go.
First Page 2 3 ... 259 260 261 ... 1375 1376 1377