Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 12:05:20  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Also massive printing of currency which dictates Markets effectively inflating prices which further devalues a nations currency these central banks artificially deflate by contracting the damage they been doing crashing markets.
Oh ***.

Have you looked at USD trends?

Currency value is based on perception of investors for the country involved: including credit rating, GDP, political landscape, ability to pay on debt, and a variety of other variables including how the rest of the world is currently perceived.

Yes Kara i have and i realize your not from the United States so forgive me when i say yes i do know the U.S dollars trend. When we first had coin to use as money in our nation 1 dollar back then was worth about 24 dollars of today's purchasing power. We could buy a lot more with our money back then it went further. That shows you how much central banking has devalued our nations currency.

So, inflation would never happen without central banking? Yeeeeeaaaahhhh, about that...
Zimbabwe would like to have a word with Lordgrim.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-10 12:07:01  
Also massive printing of currency which dictates Markets effectively inflating prices which further devalues a nations currency these central banks artificially deflate by contracting the damage they been doing crashing markets.
Oh ***.

Currency value is based on perception of investors for the country involved: including credit rating, GDP, political landscape, ability to pay on debt, and a variety of other variables including how the rest of the world is currently perceived.

Yes Kara i have and i realize your not from the United States so forgive me when i say yes i do know the U.S dollars trend. When we first had coin to use as money in our nation 1 dollar back then was worth about 24 dollars of today's purchasing power. We could buy a lot more with our money back then it went further. That shows you how much central banking has devalued our nations currency.
I'm an expat living in DK.

By USD trend I meant the actual value USD is currently trading against other currencies.

What you are referring to is purchasing power which is not the same as value of currency.

PPP has many problems and should be used with other economic evaluators

Edited:
Submitted early. Baby woke.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-10 12:07:18  
apparently your unfamiliar with my topic, go there and watch the videos there is the answers

Translated:
I'm arguing with an accountant and an economist who actually have college degrees. Clearly I know more than them because I have access to YouTube.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-10 12:07:28  
Oh ***.

You're an idiot if you think one's flag is accurate, even more so by not realizing that not only is she an economist, she's also from the United States.

Not to mention that you're just flat out wrong. There's arguments against central banking, but you need to stop watching conspiracy theory videos on youtube.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 12:07:58  
apparently your unfamiliar with my topic, go there and watch the videos there is the answers
I am familiar with your topic. I even called it *** before you got my posts deleted and had me topic banned from your thread.

You also had anyone else who had a different opinion than yours topic banned for the same reason.

It's because you are full of ***. So, why don't you do us all a favor and stay out of threads that don't concern your version of "Truth and Justice"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 12:08:56  

Translated:
I'm arguing with an accountant and an economist who actually have college degrees. Clearly I know more than them because I have access to YouTube.
This is a post that deserves more than one [+] on it.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-10 12:10:18  
Oh ***.

So, inflation would never happen without central banking? Yeeeeeaaaahhhh, about that...

I never said it would go away but it would not happen has frequent and as large as it does today is my point. we have known far more market crashes bubble bursts and stronger great depressions under central banking control then we have without. i never said they never existed.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-10 12:12:51  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Translated:

The 2nd quote of you using me there. I never said that just to make the record straight. You clearly are a product of a centralized system and will never open your mind to making our nation better.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-10 12:13:41  
It's called paraphrasing.

Also, stop being potato.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-10 12:14:04  
/facepalm

really?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-10 12:14:28  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Yeah, I was just using KN's wording.
EDIT: expire in his context meant not selling them back to market in time (before they mature).

Ok, because I'm not sure why you think that is scamish, to hold the bond until it matures.

Unless they are not normal coupon bearing bonds the bond holder will receive a payment when the bond matures (face value).
The bonds the Fed bought.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 12:15:02  
I never said it would go away but it would not happen has frequent and as large as it does today is my point.
Centralized banking is not the cause of inflation. I don't know how much I can beat this into your head (and believe me, if I was able, I would literally be beating this into your head, not figuratively), but there are so many factors that goes into inflation, but centralized banking is not one of those factors.

we have known far more market crashes bubble bursts and stronger great depressions under central banking control then we have without. i never said they never existed.

There were a lot fewer automobile accidents to occur before Henry Ford started mass producing the Model T auto. Does that mean that Ford is now responsible for all accidents that happen since then?
By Jetackuu 2015-01-10 12:15:44  
Bloodrose said: »
It's called paraphrasing.

Also, stop being potato.
Certified potato.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 12:16:31  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Translated:

The 2nd quote of you using me there. I never said that just to make the record straight. You clearly are a product of a centralized system and will never open your mind to making our nation better.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-01-10 12:16:54  
EDIT: expire in his context meant not selling them back to market in time (before they mature).

Ok, because I'm not sure why you think that is scamish, to hold the bond until it matures.

Unless they are not normal coupon bearing bonds the bond holder will receive a payment when the bond matures (face value).
Yes...

They give coupons (interest) annually or bi-annually (usual rates).

When they mature they will give a pay out (face value).

So, why is it scamish to hold until maturity?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-10 12:17:12  
Certified, fully loaded baked potato.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 12:20:12  

Yes...

I'm wondering about that too.

I know that the federal government (by extension, the Fed) isn't supposed to hold securities or bonds from private investors (or private sector), and most of these bonds are either Treasury-backed or Mortgage-backed securities (due to the bad assets held by certain companies deemed too big to fail), I don't see a reason not to hold them until maturity.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-10 12:21:40  
I have to admit, I'm no economist and certainly no accountant (that's what I pay people for), but I know how to invest creatively with my own research enough to be able to travel the world and retire for long periods of time. Granted I'm another expat, but if you move somewhere the cost of living is substantially lower, your savings last a lot longer.

Generally speaking one my specialties is pattern recognition and analysis.

Also buying precious metals is just something I've always liked to do since I was a kid.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-10 12:24:09  

Yes...

It reminds me of insider trading. The payout goes to the government that the same government bought. Granted the Fed and Treasury are separate entities, but it just feels scam-ish to me.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-10 12:24:33  
Chaos is really Smeargle.

"My precioussssss!"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 12:25:30  
I agree that the Fed shouldn't have needed to buy these bonds in the first place, but that's besides the point, since we are neither in control nor have the ability to change past mistakes.

As long as they don't sell these bonds back to the Treasury at a discounted rate below FMV of the bond, there isn't any funny business going on here.

Edit: As your point on insider trading, I think it's more of a reverse insider trading, where there really isn't a benefit for paying interest from money in one pocket, and the interest is going to the second pocket.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-10 12:29:26  
It's like that episode of American Dad, you gotta go with you gut.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-10 12:40:18  
Unrelated:

Zimmerman's life of crime continues.
Quote:
MIAMI (AP) — Florida authorities say George Zimmerman, whose acquittal of murdering an unarmed black teen sparked a national debate on race and self-defense laws, has been arrested for allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested for aggravated assault in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday.

Zimmerman was released on a $5,000 bond Saturday afternoon. At a court appearance earlier Saturday, he was ordered to avoid contact with the woman, who was not identified.

Judge John Galluzzo gave few details of the incident, but said a wine bottle was involved and that the alleged assault happened at Zimmerman's Lake Mary home. Prosecutors questioned whether substance abuse treatment was needed, but the judge said that didn't seem to be a factor.

After the brief hearing, Zimmerman's attorney, Don West, told the Orlando Sentinel his client was arrested after allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend several days ago.

Zimmerman was also told by the judge to stay out of Volusia County, where the woman lives.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-10 13:40:38  
Random P&R: the new Truthiness and Justitude thread?
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-10 13:41:21  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Unrelated:

Zimmerman's life of crime continues.
Quote:
MIAMI (AP) — Florida authorities say George Zimmerman, whose acquittal of murdering an unarmed black teen sparked a national debate on race and self-defense laws, has been arrested for allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested for aggravated assault in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday.

Zimmerman was released on a $5,000 bond Saturday afternoon. At a court appearance earlier Saturday, he was ordered to avoid contact with the woman, who was not identified.

Judge John Galluzzo gave few details of the incident, but said a wine bottle was involved and that the alleged assault happened at Zimmerman's Lake Mary home. Prosecutors questioned whether substance abuse treatment was needed, but the judge said that didn't seem to be a factor.

After the brief hearing, Zimmerman's attorney, Don West, told the Orlando Sentinel his client was arrested after allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend several days ago.

Zimmerman was also told by the judge to stay out of Volusia County, where the woman lives.

Florida, staaaaahp.
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-01-10 14:07:49  
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Good evening,
With the situation in Paris overshadowing Nigeria... were the 2000 deaths in Baga by Boko Haram confirmed/corrected by now?
Another terrible news from there.today, Appearantly an about 10 years old girl was abused for a suicide bombing. killing around 20 people.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-10 14:14:51  
Sounds like a typical day in Africa.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-10 20:44:48  
What a ***!

Quote:
President Barack Obama will not join other world leaders at Sunday's Paris march in tribute to the victims of this week's Islamist attacks in France, a US official told AFP.

Ever since the bloody shooting that killed 12 people at satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo on Wednesday -- followed by separate attacks that left five more people dead -- Obama has made repeated declarations in support of America's "oldest ally."

But he will not join other leaders including British Prime Minister David Cameron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, all set to attend the march.

More than a million people were expected to go.

"I want the people of France to know that the United States stands with you today, stands with you tomorrow," Obama said Friday, following three days of bloodshed.

On Thursday, Obama wrote the Gallic slogan "Vive la France!" in a condolence book during a visit to the embassy in Washington.
Obama won't attend Paris march
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-10 22:05:16  
Good, his safety is way more important than French feelings.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-10 22:09:07  
What?

His risk was just as great during that Mandela memorial as it will be during the Paris memorial.

But you think this isn't a slap in the face to the French government?
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 1375 1376 1377