Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-12 19:47:57  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lol, I expected as much. An Obamacare architect says outrageous things that are political suicide, and you're more focused on the semantics of my post.
He was also the architect of Romneycare in Massachusetts.

"Then how the right wing loved him,
"And they shouted out in glee,
"Gruber the Romneycare architect,
"You'll go down in history!"

(With apologies to Rudolf.)

Um, I hate to break this to you, but the right wing isn't exactly fond of Romneycare either. The only reason it isn't treated with as much disdain is because it was a state law, not a one-size-fits-all, shove-it-down-everybody's-throat-in-America law.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 19:53:40  
Quite frankly: we should have single payer, on a national level, what year is it?
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-12 20:36:58  
And pivoting back to the interwebs....

There are two parts to the interwebs as far as we, the end users, are concerned.

Part the first, the actual connection. I have often mentioned that I have fiber to my wall. The fiber will allow gigabit speed. But then we have....

Part the second, the ISP. My ISP will not allow gigabit speeds. Well, not for what I pay.

I have only one choice of ground connection but two different satellite connections. I have over a dozen ISPs available and will probably change soon. I doubt that I can afford gigabit speed on any on them.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-12 20:54:15  
Um, I hate to break this to you, but the right wing isn't exactly fond of Romneycare either. The only reason it isn't treated with as much disdain is because it was a state law, not a one-size-fits-all, shove-it-down-everybody's-throat-in-America law.
But they LIKED him then. Probably more than they liked Romneycare itself.

Jetackuu said: »
Quite frankly: we should have single payer, on a national level, what year is it?
OK, now we are going to talk about why Obama got the job.

He was known as an honest negotiator. One who would start from a reasonable position and would accept compromises. So in health care he started from a reasonable position and in search of even a single Republican vote let the GoP water that reasonable position down. This at a time when the Democrats (the party that never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity) could have single handedly passed [b]anything at all[/b] without a single Republican vote.

He should have led with Hilary's single payer plan.

Had he done that, and had he the political skills, and even half the cojones of LBJ,We would HAVE single payer health care today. With about 50% of the Republicans of both houses voting in favor.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-12 21:10:06  

He was known as an honest negotiator. One who would start from a reasonable position and would accept compromises. So in health care he started from a reasonable position and in search of even a single Republican vote let the GoP water that reasonable position down. This at a time when the Democrats (the party that never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity) could have single handedly passed [b]anything at all[/b] without a single Republican vote.

Had he done that, and had he the political skills, and even half the cojones of LBJ,We would HAVE single payer health care today. With about 50% of the Republicans of both houses voting in favor.

There is so much wrong with that post that I don't even know where to begin.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-11-12 21:23:05  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nazrious said: »
Didn't think he should of been in office in the first place. However no, he should not be removed, he like all presidents are just talking mouthpieces. I'm less concerned with the president and more with Congress, the Supreme Court and the black budget.

I don't know you personally but you are coming off as a bit slow... or trolling, not sure.
No, I was leading up to the point I wanted to make.

You can't blame the main boss for the ineptitude or outright illegality of their employees. You can blame their supervisor, but not the CEO (unless they are directly under the CEO).

The CEO's main responsibility in this instance is institute controls to prevent events like fraud and other illegal activities from happening. But it is impossible to completely prevent fraud, because somebody is going to do it regardless of any controls in place.

You can blame the Main boss... Its called employer liability, Liability of the employer for the actions of his employees, when carrying out the function of their Job. Almost every lic. profession has some form of ethics code, Also Government Agencies like the SEC etc police and set up further regulations. If in conducting business an employee F's up or out right commits a crime then the Employer would be held accountable, in this case it seems they are simply glossing over the massive profits earned and attributing everything to the peons; thus not having to attribute anything to the Executives.

The questions are:
Did the employer know?
Should the Employer have known?
Did the employer influence his employees in their acts?

The main reason why they settled is simple, they did not want any digging because it is almost guaranteed that the higher ups knew/ should have.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
My point with Obama is, he is responsible for the actions of his administration, but he should not be impeached for those actions unless they were acting on his orders. But it is his fault for continuing to employ substandard people, after replacing one idiot for another.

I get it you don't like Obama, but you seems to be contradicting your previous statement, or are simply unclear/ slow/ trolling.

Impeachment is simply an investigation into weather an official should be removed from office for very specific and strict grounds. I.E getting a BJ from a woman who looked and seemed to be a hot mess is not grounds for being removed, however lies under oath are.
Making unpopular political choices, heck even making horrible choices that would obviously lead to full scale depression and war with China is not grounds for removal, if the President is acting within the powers of his office and is not shown to be bat ***crazy.

Executive orders are legal, congress does not like them they have recourse, as does the Supreme Court.
Appointing of crap advisers etc, legal, Congress even approves them.

The pres could fire every one in his office right now, and submit a list of people to replace them from a pool of randomly selected clowns, Not wise but not grounds for removal per se.

Opinion has a place, just not here in this regard.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 22:20:26  

There is so much wrong with that post that I don't even know where to begin.
I wouldn't even bother, they are beyond correction.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-12 22:30:10  
You can blame the Main boss... Its called employer liability, Liability of the employer for the actions of his employees, when carrying out the function of their Job. Almost every lic. profession has some form of ethics code, Also Government Agencies like the SEC etc police and set up further regulations. If in conducting business an employee F's up or out right commits a crime then the Employer would be held accountable, in this case it seems they are simply glossing over the massive profits earned and attributing everything to the peons; thus not having to attribute anything to the Executives.
You are placing too much blame on the higher ups, assuming that they (should) know every little detail.

While I would agree with you on a small business, it would be impossible to do so in a size like these firms we are talking about.

I'm all for holding people accountable for their actions, but you are taking it too far.

The questions are:
Did the employer know?
Should the Employer have known?
Did the employer influence his employees in their acts?
Do you honestly think an investigation was not done, and these very questions weren't asked already?

I get it you don't like Obama, but you seems to be contradicting your previous statement, or are simply unclear/ slow/ trolling.

Impeachment is simply an investigation into weather an official should be removed from office for very specific and strict grounds. I.E getting a BJ from a woman who looked and seemed to be a hot mess is not grounds for being removed, however lies under oath are.
Making unpopular political choices, heck even making horrible choices that would obviously lead to full scale depression and war with China is not grounds for removal, if the President is acting within the powers of his office and is not shown to be bat ***crazy.

Executive orders are legal, congress does not like them they have recourse, as does the Supreme Court.
Appointing of crap advisers etc, legal, Congress even approves them.

The pres could fire every one in his office right now, and submit a list of people to replace them from a pool of randomly selected clowns, Not wise but not grounds for removal per se.

Opinion has a place, just not here in this regard.

You obviously do not get it at all.

Why hold business leaders to one set of standards, but not the President to the same or even higher standards?

You are condoning CEOs for every action ever made by the employees, but when you have gross incompetence in government, the President gets a pass? Don't you see how hypocritical your statements are?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-12 22:35:05  
Unlike Romney thinks, the President isn't a CEO, the United States Government isn't a business.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-12 22:49:28  
Unlike Romney thinks, the President isn't a CEO, the United States Government isn't a business.

Oh, so because the government isn't a business, it's okay for them to be utterly incompetent? On the contrary, if I expected my government to heavily regulate business and run, of all things, a single-payer healthcare system, then I would hope above all else that the government were vastly more competent than the businesses they're trying to regulate.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-13 00:54:15  

Oh, so because the government isn't a business, it's okay for them to be utterly incompetent? On the contrary, if I expected my government to heavily regulate business and run, of all things, a single-payer healthcare system, then I would hope above all else that the government were vastly more competent than the businesses they're trying to regulate.

Your definition of "heavily regulate" and mine are vastly different, aside from that, I too would like some more competence from the government, but the executive branch isn't the one I'm eyeballing right off the bat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-11-13 03:45:16  
The forex scandal is huge. It is also not done being investigated. The fine is only for 6 banks.

This has been going on for at least 10 years on a daily basis and 15+ banks are under investigation

People will go to jail, but it is doubtful it will be CEO's. Should they have known what was going on? Absolutely. There are chat records between workers at the various companies. If the CEO's were unaware of normal, daily business activities then they are incompentant at the minimum.

However, proving that may be difficult unless they find more records. Or, like in previous scandals, the DoJ and UK equilivant may decide that jailing CEO's or giving the companies larger fines may hurt the economy too much and go with a lesser option (e.g. No admittence of wrong doing on part of the company, low level "independant" employees jailed, and some fines to be paid over the course of several years).
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-13 19:55:56  

Bush, Clinton continue their unlikely bromance
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-13 19:57:00  
Of course, they both look better and better each day now, since there's somebody worse than both of them combined in office.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-13 20:58:53  
"worse" is subjective here.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-14 12:29:30  
So Gruber vid count is up to 5 episodes at the moment exposing the vast lies the administration told in order to sell the ACA.

Pelosi is out denying his involvement in the process (even though he's on the payroll).

It's about time for Obama to get in front of a camera and tell people how he's just finding out about it on the news and mad as hell right?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-14 12:35:14  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So Gruber vid count is up to 5 episodes at the moment exposing the vast lies the administration told in order to sell the ACA.

Pelosi is out denying his involvement in the process (even though he's on the payroll).

It's about time for Obama to get in front of a camera and tell people how he's just finding out about it on the news and mad as hell right?

Think we are past the blatantly obvious lies and moving onto....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-14 12:37:17  
we're past the lies sure, but it's always fun to remind the libs on this site that they are there, since they like to pretend they don't exist.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-14 12:49:47  
we're past the lies sure, but it's always fun to remind the libs on this site that they are there, since they like to pretend they don't exist.

The libs on this site are either completely stupid or totally dependent on the government to take care of them. Probably both.. As long as they get what they are "entitled" Obama and the democrats can say and do literally anything they want.
(Proof) The past 6 years.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-14 12:51:46  
Altimaomega said: »

The libs on this site are either completely stupid or totally dependent on the government to take care of them. Probably both.. As long as they get what they are "entitled" Obama and the democrats can say and do literally anything they want.
I think your post shows us who the truly stupid person is... (if you couldn't comprehend my post I was talking about you)
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-14 12:57:27  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

All politicians lie all the time, nothing new there.

It wasn't republican's who lied about the ACA in order to sell it. Bohener and Mcconnel weren't out telling people if they like their plan, they can keep their plan.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-14 12:59:54  
Altimaomega said: »

They're good little lib soldiers too. They perpetuate the misinformation sharted out from Washington in lockstep.

I just am not sure if they really do believe it as they hear it, or they are just enticed with the game of politics. Either way they should be ashamed of themselves.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-14 13:01:07  

It wasn't republican's who lied about the ACA in order to sell it. Bohener and Mcconnel weren't out telling people if they like their plan, they can keep their plan.
Don't forget, it was the Republicans that were trying to keep the mess that is Obamacare from being law in the first place.

For a party that is supposed to be only for the 1%, they certainly are trying hard to protect the nation from the bad policies of the liberals/democrats.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-14 13:01:25  

This. This right here is what makes me the most upset. "Bush lied, people died!" and all the other buzzwords, phrases, and outrage that surround any event where a Republican does something wrong is understandable. But put the shoe on the other foot for just a moment and liberals are all, "Hey guys, don't get mad. Lies and deceit are just politics as usual. It's cool."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-14 13:05:43  

This. This right here is what makes me the most upset. "Bush lied, people died!" and all the other buzzwords, phrases, and outrage that surround any event where a Republican does something wrong is understandable. But put the shoe on the other foot for just a moment and liberals are all, "Hey guys, don't get mad. Lies and deceit are just politics as usual. It's cool."
Because it's always the Republican's fault. That's their mantra, it's always somebody else's fault.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-14 13:05:52  

Can you just imagine if walmart or some other hated corporation had sold millions of people a policy like this that simply wasn't true and fell short of promises and expectations left and right? You'd have liberals calling for the CEO to be publicly hung.

The double standards are just sickening.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-14 13:08:10  

I can get behind this post.

The only thing you have to take into account for though is that some people were like this even during the bush administration. Every liberal is not out to defend obama til the last unconditionally just like every conservative was't out to defend bush til the last unconditionally...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 1375 1376 1377