Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1368 1369 1370 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-24 12:49:47  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
if I was a morning coffee drinker

wait one darn minute here....
you're not!?

how is that even possible!?
I prefer to start off the morning by powdering my nose with a fat trail of Colombian booger sugar.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-03-24 12:55:01  
Not only is airport screening incredibly annoying travelling to the US from abroad -as you get screened multiple times at various points- and segregated into separate areas within the airport but US airports (international) are considered constitutional free zones.

Foreign nationals have additional screening before getting on the plane, and after they arrive. As well as, any previous visa process, depending on their nationality.

But, frankly, this security won't make a difference if people blow themselves up and others before they even buy a ticket.

They can kill US citizens abroad or international tourists bound for the US by showing up a few hours before a US flight and kill people waiting in line for security or waiting in line at check-in desks.

Outlawing a billion people from visiting your country will not make it safer. It will just make those people who want to do you harm think of new and inventive ways to kill you. Rather than the areas that are already being monitored by authorities.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-24 13:06:32  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You misunderstood.

I don't agree with Trump's blanket banning of Muslims. At the same time, I don't think we should allow everyone and anyone just because.

Which we do, constantly.

The US government prides itself on it's inefficiency and ineptitude. Do you really want a potential terror threat to somebody who doesn't really care about their job well enough at the immigration stand at airports? I have been at many US airports coming in from different countries, and a good portion of the workers don't even look twice at people, it's just basically scan, ask a few questions and NEXT!

Ok, lets start with you, since you started this conversation. Prove it. Prove this entire post is true, or you are talking out of your ***.
Wait, you want me to prove an opinion? The only provable thing in this post is that the US government is inefficient and inept. That's the only part of the post that's not opinionated.

But seriously, this is common sense. You literally have to have your head up your *** to not see this.

I want to you to prove your claim that we are constantly letting anyone and everyone into the country just because. Specifically, potential terror threats. Here I will bold it for you.
Then let me ask you these questions: Do we deny people entry if they are traveling to the US and not on the watchlist? Is the watchlist infallible and/or have all the correct and updated information? And is there such a thing in your world as forgery?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-24 13:29:22  
You misunderstood.

I don't agree with Trump's blanket banning of Muslims. At the same time, I don't think we should allow everyone and anyone just because.

Which we do, constantly.

The US government prides itself on it's inefficiency and ineptitude. Do you really want a potential terror threat to somebody who doesn't really care about their job well enough at the immigration stand at airports? I have been at many US airports coming in from different countries, and a good portion of the workers don't even look twice at people, it's just basically scan, ask a few questions and NEXT!

Ok, lets start with you, since you started this conversation. Prove it. Prove this entire post is true, or you are talking out of your ***.
Wait, you want me to prove an opinion? The only provable thing in this post is that the US government is inefficient and inept. That's the only part of the post that's not opinionated.

But seriously, this is common sense. You literally have to have your head up your *** to not see this.

I want to you to prove your claim that we are constantly letting anyone and everyone into the country just because. Specifically, potential terror threats. Here I will bold it for you.
Then let me ask you these questions: Do we deny people entry if they are traveling to the US and not on the watchlist? Is the watchlist infallible and/or have all the correct and updated information? And is there such a thing in your world as forgery?

This is how you are going to prove something? If I don't know the answers is that going to prove your claim that we constantly let potential terror threats into the country? If I answer these questions I'm sure you are going to ask me to prove my answers, while you yourself sit on your *** and do nothing to prove your claim.

But I will play a bit, I would say yes we deny people for reasons that have nothing to do with watchlists. Out of date papers, non-terror related crimes that don't get you put on a watchlist, country of origin (like North Korea). I would also say the people on the watchlists are on it for reasons that are/were valid at the time, tho I know its hard to get off the watchlist. Of course there are forgery attempts. These questions do nothing to prove your statements. You can't prove anything asking me questions.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-24 13:54:28  
while you yourself sit on your ***

wait a minute....what the *** are you sitting on!?

pleebo doesn't need coffee and vic can levitate....

we have learned many strange things today...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-24 14:02:35  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I don't need the caffeine.

I am an enormous tanker truckload of jelly...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-24 14:10:12  
I don't drink nor the feel the need to drink any coffee either. Must be a liberal trait.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-24 14:12:12  
I usually go for energy drinks but I will drink coffee.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-24 14:12:36  
Energy drinks are gross.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-24 14:26:18  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Energy drinks are gross.

I really like them.

But I try to drink them as little as possible because they're bad for you in nearly every way imaginable.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-24 14:27:27  
I don't drink

and seha gets all of her water from eating seeds and nuts... like a squirrel...

hang on...squirrel...tree hugger... it's all making sense now!

liberals are all squirrels!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-24 14:30:58  
Don't drink coffee. I drink plenty of other things though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-24 14:32:32  
Today Radovan Karadžić was found guilty of genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, and sentenced to 40 years imprisonment for what he did in the Bosnian War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovan_Karad%C5%BEi%C4%87#War_crimes_charges
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-24 14:32:40  
liberals are all squirrels!

Viva la Revolucion!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-03-24 14:33:21  
I used to hate the taste of coffee. Then they invented French Vanilla creamer.....

Helped me stop drinking 20 gallons of Mt. Dew a day..
Did you know that stuff is bad for you? Craziness!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-24 14:46:13  
Altimaomega said: »
I used to hate the taste of coffee. Then they invented French Vanilla creamer.....

Helped me stop drinking 20 gallons of Mt. Dew a day..
Did you know that stuff is bad for you? Craziness!

And inversely, coffee even has a few health perks as long as you don't, you know. Turn it into a chocolate milkshake the way some people do.

I, too, have kicked the soda/pop habit in the past year. Though admittedly I still need my carbonation kick, so there's a lot of seltzer water in my life.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-24 14:46:45  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Today Radovan Karadžić was found guilty of genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, and sentenced to 40 years imprisonment for what he did in the Bosnian War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovan_Karad%C5%BEi%C4%87#War_crimes_charges

20 years later.

About time.

40 years seems kinda light for genocide but, you know. I guess politics and mercy and all that...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-03-24 14:48:19  
He's 70 though so he'll die before that
By Ramyrez 2016-03-24 14:49:59  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
He's 70 though so he'll die before that

Yeah. Probably.*

I was sorta of the mind that they should help him along in that vein.

But like I said. Mercy, etc.

I feel like the death penalty is probably archaic and barbaric.

Yet I can't drive away the gut feeling that sometimes it's just the right course of action.

*then again, Europeans and their affordable state-sponsored healthcare and fine, upstanding criminal rehab systems...maybe he'll make it.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-24 14:52:18  
Ramyrez said: »
Though admittedly I still need my carbonation kick, so there's a lot of seltzer water in my life.
Same problem. Sprite and sherbet..
By Ramyrez 2016-03-24 14:54:13  
Though admittedly I still need my carbonation kick, so there's a lot of seltzer water in my life.

Oh man.

A root beer float sounds tight right now.

Meh.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-24 14:56:15  
while you yourself sit on your ***

wait a minute....what the *** are you sitting on!?

pleebo doesn't need coffee and vic can levitate....

we have learned many strange things today...

You have to focus your energy in the right places.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-24 14:57:03  

Oh man.

A root beer float sounds tight right now.

Meh.

lol. Right, my other go to..
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-24 15:06:56  
Boko Haram leader posted a video urging his followers to surrender because it's all over.

This is pretty big(and good)news for the world if it's true.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-24 15:11:37  
This thread is supposed to make me angry, not hungry

25 demerits all around
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-03-24 15:14:55  
Boko Haram leader posted a video urging his followers to surrender because it's all over.

This is pretty big(and good)news for the world if it's true.
Drama Torama said: »

25 demerits all around

Starvation works.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-24 16:02:33  
You're calling for an out-and-out ban on a huge portion of the world's population from entering our free country because of their religion, because a tiny percentage of that religion uses their beliefs as an excuse to carry out their terrible desires.
And people of that religion allows to exists.

Oh, I'm sure if people of the Islam faith actually even tried to stop it, they would have stopped it a long time ago.
So this means I can blame the Oklahoma city bombing on all the Christians who didn't stop Timothy McVeigh?

Or here's another, more direct, link. A network of Christians hid Eric Rudolph, the Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park bomber, because they knew he was a good Christian who would only bomb abortion clinics. I can certainly blame that on all Christians can't I?

Odin.Slore said: »
I am a very hard line constitutionalist but I have to disagree on this one. If you blatantly lie about a person or horribly misrepresent them in order to discredit a individual for no other reason than ratings, sales, you do not like him, I do not agree that that is free speech because your words carry damage. I would sue them for libel as well. When you say things in print or on the news like "Trump is a racist" etc, you libel. Now if you had proof of such then hey fire away, but they do not.
Trump wants to sue them for telling the truth. British libel laws allow this BTW. There all one has to prove is harm. In America truth is a complete shield from libel.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-03-24 16:24:51  
Energy drinks are gross.
ur gross.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-24 16:35:23  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Not only is airport screening incredibly annoying travelling to the US from abroad -as you get screened multiple times at various points- and segregated into separate areas within the airport but US airports (international) are considered constitutional free zones....
That article does not mention airports at all.

In point of fact the only thing the international designation means for airports is that customs is available.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-24 16:38:38  
Drama Torama said: »

25 demerits all around
Take what you can get man.

Better hungry than angry. At least hungry can be solved quicker and less banning (of me).
First Page 2 3 ... 1368 1369 1370 ... 1375 1376 1377