Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1362 1363 1364 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-23 13:43:02  
Ramyrez said: »
Did someone finally convince you to read Ender's Game or something?

never heard of it...
By Ramyrez 2016-03-23 13:45:30  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Did someone finally convince you to read Ender's Game or something?

never heard of it...

*insert manufactured outrage of modern sci fi fans here*
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-03-23 13:58:46  
How many of you would pilot an attack drone if asked?

not this guy. put me on the ground 100x first.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-23 14:10:26  

lol@ "extreme weenie babies"

Is no safe space safe?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-23 14:11:31  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Heh. I've mentioned it offhand a few times, but yeah.

So are Utah people Utopians, like Michigan people are Michiganders?

Utahns.... Which doesn't sound great, but I grew up in Indiana where we're called Hoosiers even though nobody has a clue wher the word came from or what it means.

I thought they were just called Mormons.
Stealing me jokes :|
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Altimaomega said: »
So are Utah people Utopians
Nah, just mormons.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-23 14:15:17  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
In the aftermath of the Brussels terrorist attack, the most important thing that we can all do now is come together and call Republicans racist.

Cruz comes out and calls for more police patrols in muslim neighborhoods, the media explodes so hard.

I wonder what they're gonna do when they learn about what trump said.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-23 14:27:43  
Drama Torama said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You don't get to call it paranoia when 30+ people are dead today.

I see, so 30 is the magic number for something to require action? Not twenty six?

Paranoia is thinking the next christian crusade is JUST around the corner.

Yeah,
that's
totally
ridiculous

Every religion has crazies, and violence can come from anywhere. Politicians using tragedies to seize power have a circle of Hell waiting for them. Don't spout off about liberty on one topic, and then gleefully cave to police state nonsense as soon as it suits your agenda.

When people say "Muslim terrorists" they mean terrorists who carry out their terrorism in the name of their religion. The term "Muslim" is not meant to describe the particular faith of the terrorist. Kinda like when people talk about immigration they usually mean illegal immigration.

Therefore you can't really compare them to "Christian terrorists" or "Jewish terrorists" because the frequency of such things is either VASTLY or ENTIRELY one sided. None of the abortion assailants you linked claimed to be carrying out those acts in the name of their religion. While on the other hand we are littered with news reports citing terrorists decrying "Allah is great" in these attacks.

Furthermore even if the abortion assailants did, the comparison of single individuals to tens or hundreds of thousands of militant terrorist fighters is just an example of self imposed "willful" ignorance. When you consider the overall opinions of most of the worlds millions of Muslims on violence in the name of their religion. It becomes pretty clear Islam and Islam alone has a pretty unique problem with violence.

Many people point to some reference of US Japanese camps in WW2 as an atrocity as some kind of analogy to what they fear is gonna happen with modern day Muslims. I'm no longer sure at this point if this is attitude is ultimately a specific rejection of certain tactics of war (as in we can wage war without doing such things) or a fundamental cowardice against properly standing up and identifying where the enemy comes from.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-23 14:28:35  
Siren.Mosin said: »
not this guy. put me on the ground 100x first.

idk man...sand all up in your business... walking for miles and miles ... carrying heavy stuff... shooting people in the face at point blank range...

I would be all can I use my xbox controler!?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-03-23 14:30:23  
idk man...sand all up in your business... walking for miles and miles ... carrying heavy stuff... shooting people in the face at point blank range...

at least, if you survive, you know who you killed. drone killing would be super weird to deal with.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-23 14:59:19  
Josiahkf said: »
Don't act like the crusades never happened.

they didn't happen during our lifetimes though...

It's not like our fathers and grandfathers dressed up like
Teutonic Knights and attacked Jerusalem....

and if were going back that far... then why not all the way?

it's all cyrus the great's (no relation to Miley) fault!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-23 15:16:29  
Many people point to some reference of US Japanese camps in WW2 as an atrocity as some kind of analogy to what they fear is gonna happen with modern day Muslims. I'm no longer sure at this point if this is attitude is ultimately a specific rejection of certain tactics of war (as in we can wage war without doing such things) or a fundamental cowardice against properly standing up and identifying where the enemy comes from.
It's reminder that singling out minority groups based on irrational fear was a national embarrassment then just as it is now with Cruz's 'patrol the Muslim hoods' (lol) and Trump's 'let's ban and torture them' statements.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-23 15:45:57  
Furthermore even if the abortion assailants did, the comparison of single individuals to tens or hundreds of thousands of militant terrorist fighters is just an example of self imposed "willful" ignorance. When you consider the overall opinions of most of the worlds millions of Muslims on violence in the name of their religion. It becomes pretty clear Islam and Islam alone has a pretty unique problem with violence.
It would be more accurate to say violent people are using religion as an excuse for their violence.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-23 16:03:26  
And there we go, three attempts to stand up and deflect for Islam.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-23 16:13:53  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
The most recent attacks are also covered non-stop because of the ties to Sweden (one of them lived here, the guy who was shot when they arrested Abdeslam)
Yeah.

I'm really talking more US mainstream media here.

I didn't see ***about Turkey or Ivory Coast in the past few weeks.
I did.

Quote:
Saw plenty of garbage about celebrities and meaningless drivel from political talking heads grabbing headlines though.
I saw more of those though.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-03-23 16:22:11  
lock up every male from 16-24, bam, no more violence.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-03-23 16:31:02  
Jetackuu said: »
It becomes pretty clear Islam and Islam alone has a pretty unique problem with violence.

Thank you, I needed an example of pure ignorance.
It is not ignorant to state a fact. Islam does have a serious problem with violence, to stay otherwise is making it seem like one is blinded by the PC wool being pulled over their eyes. Christians do not currently have a religious death-cult rampaging across the Middle East and killing innocents in Europe all in the name of jihad. As macabre as it sounds you simply cannot compare the acts of Christian militants in the US (planned parenthood, etc) with the insane ***ISIS is getting up to.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-23 16:31:31  
When people say "Muslim terrorists" they mean terrorists who carry out their terrorism in the name of their religion. The term "Muslim" is not meant to describe the particular faith of the terrorist....
Then lets just say fundamentalist terrorism. It covers all basses.

Today, in 2016, we have Jewish, Moslem, Christian, and, so help me god, even Buddhist terrorists*. But they are all fundamentalists.

*Probably other minor religions as well.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-23 16:34:08  
I have never heard of zoroastrian terrorists.

Your move!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-03-23 16:40:51  
Siren.Mosin said: »
lock up every male from 16-24, bam, no more violence.

Better solution: Take a page from Nik's book and throw the book at anyone with the name Cyrus. First, middle or surname, doesn't matter. 'Achey Breaky' should never have been released on the line dancing segment of primary school gym class. Eye for an eye, and all that jazz.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-03-23 16:56:32  
Even The Economist is suporting Dilmas impeachment.

Really, its time to exterminate those rats that gave up their dignity to maintain a power they dont deserve.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-23 17:04:11  
This post is pending moderation.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-23 17:22:32  
It's random p&r, Kojo. Not random t&a
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-23 17:53:34  
Interesting bit at the bottom of a CNN article:

Quote:
Kasich continued his happy warrior routine, vowing to stay the course despite recent CNN polling that showed 70% of GOP primary voters think he should drop out. However, the same poll also showed Kasich beating Clinton by the largest margin. His argument is electability in the general, but he has a herculean task to get there.

Clinton and Bernie Sanders offered more of the same. Despite having virtually no path to victory, Sanders is staying the course. He continues to outperform Clinton with millennials and liberals, and his supporters are more enthusiastic.

Even though Clinton is the clear Democratic front-runner, head-to-head, Sanders beats all the GOP candidates by larger margins, whereas Clinton only beats Trump, pulls even with Cruz and actually loses to Kasich by 6 percentage points, according to the latest CNN/ORC International Poll.
Linky to the whole thing
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-03-23 17:59:28  
I read an interesting article a while back about how each side is in the strange position of electing the candidate that fares the worst in head-to-head polling with the opposition. With the Supreme Court on the line you'd think people would care more about just winning, but apparently it's the season for self-destruction.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-23 18:19:34  
Disney, Marvel and AMC to boycott Georgia if discriminatory bill is passed

Also similar statements from Microsoft, Google, Coca-Cola, Home Depot, etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-03-23 18:37:01  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
When people say "Muslim terrorists" they mean terrorists who carry out their terrorism in the name of their religion. The term "Muslim" is not meant to describe the particular faith of the terrorist....
Then lets just say fundamentalist terrorism. It covers all basses.

Today, in 2016, we have Jewish, Moslem, Christian, and, so help me god, even Buddhist terrorists*. But they are all fundamentalists.

*Probably other minor religions as well.
Islamic fundamentalist terrorism, SURE.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-03-23 18:40:30  
Lol at the only picture included in the article. "Let's go with Chris Evans shirtless. The gays will eat it up!"

Anyway, I didn't realize *** were still trying to get bills like that passed. Not surprising but I guess they've gotta drum up the bigot vote somehow.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1362 1363 1364 ... 1375 1376 1377