Random Politics & Religion #00

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1351 1352 1353 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-17 09:33:00  
Artemicion said: »
there's not a single era or generation where we were we weren't either under severe financial distress, massive prejudice of minority groups, or outright at war.

those things are only bad if you failed to make a profit off of them... wait a minute....

what the hell kind of american are you anyways!?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:33:37  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
and I see your "takes one to know one" and raise you an UP YOURS FATTY!

I was just going to say you're right and I should up my meds and have a few drinks, but if you want to go that route, fine. Go that route, ya Buckeye ***™.
By Artemicion 2016-03-17 09:33:54  
there's not a single era or generation where we were we weren't either under severe financial distress, massive prejudice of minority groups, or outright at war.

those things are only bad if you failed to make a profit off of them... wait a minute....

I knew I should have invested in Halliburton :(

Anna Ruthven said: »
I kinda wonder if Kim-Jong Un is afraid, at all of a Trump presidency? I wouldn't put it past Trump to just drop a nuke on North Korea then make them pay for it.

I see Trump and North Korea going down similar to how Joel and Norway did.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Well worth your five minutes lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-17 09:33:59  
Ramyrez said: »
WW3 IS GOING TO BE YUGE! BETTER THAN THE FIRST TWO COMBINED!

You know what worries me?

Truly?

There are people that legit feel this way. Straight-faced, completely serious. They've been fed a steady stream of the "Greatest Generation" (seriously, die choking in a ***, Brokaw) and they truly feel they need their own Great War to set the world back on the right track.

Sensationalizing the past without acknowledging its flaws is a major problem in this country.

That's why I never understood Trump's "Make America Great Again" campaign slogan. Under what specific era or time period, in your sun shining, bright smile, cup of joe way was America "great"? What exactly are we aiming to go back to? Cause there's not a single era or generation where we were we weren't either under severe financial distress, massive prejudice of minority groups, or outright at war.

I said in the thread earlier but the 1950s is what most Americans are waxing nostalgic about when they want 'great' America back.

America just won WWII, the minorities were in their place, women were still getting slapped around and we had factory jobs still!

MAKE AMERICA 1950 AGAIN.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:35:10  

I knew I should have invested in Halliburton :(

Right?

I really, really wish I had known to invest the $50 I got for my First Communion back in '90 in Halliburton instead of that kick-*** Lego castle set. But how could I have known the Gulf War was coming and *** Cheney was going to make a killing (literally and financially)!?
By Artemicion 2016-03-17 09:35:38  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I said in the thread earlier but the 1950s is what most Americans are waxing nostalgic about when they want 'great' America back.

America just won WWII, the minorities were in their place, women were still getting slapped around and we had factory jobs still!

MAKE AMERICA 1950 AGAIN.

I think it was our secondary industrial revolution in the 50s that really help put the 50s on the map as our "golden era". That and the commercial facade of everyday American life being like Ozzie and Harriet.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-17 09:35:46  
Buckeye ***™

Until November, all "Buckeye ***™" products have been re-labeled "Registered Swing State Voter™", and now come with 25% more pandering from candidates
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:36:09  

MAKE AMERICA 1950 AGAIN.

Well, life is just easier when everyone knows their role and doesn't try to step out of place, you know?

I think it was our secondary industrial revolution in the 50s that really help put the 50s on the map as our "golden era". That and the commercial facade of everyday American life being like Ozzie and Harriet.

Back when flying cars were the dream, not the sad reality that the *** Prius is what we got instead.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-17 09:38:05  
MAKE AMERICA 1920 AGAIN.

the twenties had flappers and the Charleston!!!!

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-17 09:39:18  
Drama Torama said: »
"Registered Swing State Voter™", and now come with 25% more pandering from candidates

just wait until they start blocking up traffic with their stupid secret service convoys...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:40:03  
the twenties had flappers and the Charleston!!!!

Personally, I'm going to vote for the 30s. Yeah the Depression sucked, but ***was gritty as hell and all that Art Deco was the bomb.
[+]
By Artemicion 2016-03-17 09:40:26  
Back when flying cars were the dream, not the sad reality that the *** Prius is what we got instead.

Funny you mention that. Reminds me of a recent video done by Extra Credits calling out for the lack of creative vision and catalysts to help paint the picture of the future which we've been doing for decades, but have recently diminished as of late.

[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-17 09:42:39  
I think we should bring back the electric chair, DDT, and the lawn dart.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 09:45:39  
"Registered Swing State Voter™", and now come with 25% more pandering from candidates

just wait until they start blocking up traffic with their stupid secret service convoys...
Just wait until the secret service convoy blocks traffic enough that a pregnant woman in labor couldn't reach the hospital in time and had to deliver at a bus stop. And then the media going after Trump for not letting emergencies go past him.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-17 09:45:58  

I quite like era where you could hijack a plane and know it was a good old American boy like DB Cooper and not one of these Mooselims, yaknow?

That Cooper. Hijacks a plane, demands a ransom then jumps out of that plane into history. That's the American ingenuity that made us the greatest country ever.

No handouts. Take what you want, leave nothing back.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 09:46:35  
lawn dart
It went away?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 09:48:06  

I quite like era where you could hijack a plane and know it was a good old American boy like DB Cooper and not one of these Mooselims, yaknow?

That Cooper. Hijacks a plane, demands a ransom then jumps out of that plane into history. That's the American ingenuity that made us the greatest country ever.

No handouts. Take what you want, leave nothing back.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-17 09:49:01  

You really want people to have flying cars? The same people that manage to wrap themselves around guard rails, trees or go up the wrong side of the interstate for miles without noticing?

Ah yes. Today in local news, a grandmother nosedived her 2015 Toyota into a school full of children. Terrorism has been ruled out. Investigators believe grandma had a heart attack when she saw how high off the ground she was.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:50:13  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Just wait until the secret service convoy blocks traffic enough that a pregnant woman in labor couldn't reach the hospital in time and had to deliver at a bus stop. And then the media going after Trump for not letting emergencies go past him.

Personally, I don't think candidates should get Secret Service protection. Being able to survive on your own should be part of the test of becoming president.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-17 09:50:33  
lawn dart
It went away?

jarts? oh hell yeah...they make them out of nerf or something now

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 09:50:48  
You really want people to have flying cars? The same people that manage to wrap themselves around guard rails, trees or go up the wrong side of the interstate for miles without noticing?
You wouldn't have to worry about guard rails, trees, or going up the wrong side of the interstate from 10,000 feet up!
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-17 09:51:25  

We'll have self-driving before flying, anyway - we will never have human-piloted flying cars.

(And even self-driving is farther off in practice than people really want to believe)
By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:52:03  

Ah yes. Today in local news, a grandmother nosedived her 2015 Toyota into a school full of children. Terrorism has been ruled out. Investigators believe grandma had a heart attack when she saw how high off the ground she was.

Sparth, Sparth, Sparth. You're not paying attention.

I don't want flying cars.

I want the dream of flying cars to be alive and well. That sense of hope and destiny of something great!

...what I'm saying is that I hate the *** Prius.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-17 09:52:35  

Obviously, we'd build car catchers over schools and school playgrounds. Who's pay for them? Mexico!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 09:52:40  

Personally, I don't think candidates should get Secret Service protection. Being able to survive on your own should be part of the test of becoming president.
It was a snip at Obama doing the same thing except without all the media blowback.

Because we both know that if it was Trump, not Obama, that this happened to, the media would be having a field day.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 09:53:35  

Obviously, we'd build car catchers over schools and school playgrounds. Who's pay for them? Car Companies!
ftfy
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-17 09:54:30  
we will never have human-piloted flying cars.
But we do have the Airbus!

By Ramyrez 2016-03-17 09:56:25  

It was a snip at Obama doing the same thing except without all the media blowback.

Because we both know that if it was Trump, not Obama, that this happened to, the media would be having a field day.

You know, you say that, but we both know that for the Donald, any media attention is good attention. Even if it's for torching an orphanage.

I mean, let's face it. His supports know that those *** orphans were leaching public money, you know?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-17 09:56:46  
Before you can take the seat you need to spend 8 weeks during wintertime alone in the wilderness of the Grand Canyon without any tools.
p.s. eating eagles is forbidden
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-17 09:57:05  

Obviously, we'd build car catchers over schools and school playgrounds. Who's pay for them? Car Companies!
ftfy

He doesn't get the joke!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1351 1352 1353 ... 1375 1376 1377